It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh back peddles on promise to move to Costa Rica

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As many of you recall, the bloviating bagpipe that is Rush Limbaugh promised to move to Costa Rica if the Healthcare Reform bill passes:

He is now recanting:

www.rbr.com...

What a crock.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Guy is full of hot air (and that is my nice-speak)...

Wish he would leave...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You do realize he was being facetious right?

He was also making fun of the retarded liberals in the past who said they were going to leave the country because of Bush.

ZOOM!!! Way over your head.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
People are still on this? He "recanted" the statement the very next day because the news thought he was saying he'd move, when he actually was saying he'd leave for health care and come back. He said it right on the show, if anyone were to actually listen rather than echo a bunch of talking heads in the MSM. Ridiculous.

Whatever it takes to smear someone though, right? Even lying?

[edit on 3/22/2010 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So what's your point?

A bunch of celbrities promised to leave the country in 2000 if Bush won including Alec Baldwin, Robert Altman, and Eddie Vedder.

www.snopes.com...

And did they? NO!

So what does this prove other than you being a self righteous windbag? You tell me.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Will the healthcare in Costa Rico cover his addiction to oxycontin or is that considered a pre-existing condition? I wonder if he'll fly to Costa Rico if he again has one of his phantom chest pains like he had a few months ago when he was touting how wonderful the Hawaiin state run socialized medical care is.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yeah right. As you know, I majored in Parody and minored in Satire.

The asinine comment spewed from his bigoted mouth without a brain drive-by.
The comment was not made in the context you wish, it was said in earnest.

Nice try, thanks for playing.

Regards...kk

[edit on 22-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Will the healthcare in Costa Rico cover his addiction to oxycontin or is that considered a pre-existing condition?

What about Obama's coc aine habit? Is that covered as well?

Take your ridiculous comments elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That is only your biased wrong opinion because you cannot see through your hatred.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I remember being a little kid riding in the car with mom and dad and asking them to please turn off that stupid voice that keeps saying the same dumb things over and over. I never could stand him.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I hope Limbaugh stays. He can use his voice and his platform to help others, for once. If he is against the health care reform, I am with him.

I will be listening to his show. God grant him the strength to remain firm in his convictions on this matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

yea because he is such a stand up human being who deserves all the courtesy that we can muster.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
I remember being a little kid riding in the car with mom and dad and asking them to please turn off that stupid voice that keeps saying the same dumb things over and over. I never could stand him.

You should have followed in your parents footsteps. They know better especially since they were listening to him.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So what's your point?

A bunch of celbrities promised to leave the country in 2000 if Bush won including Alec Baldwin, Robert Altman, and Eddie Vedder.

www.snopes.com...

And did they? NO!

So what does this prove other than you being a self righteous windbag? You tell me.

None of the examples you provided purport to be self-appointed representatives of their respective political party. Big difference.

Edit to change Republican to "their respective political"

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
None of the examples you provided purport to be self-appointed representatives of the Republican party.

Yeah, you're right because the celebrities were self-appointed representatives of the Democratic party.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sure there are retards in both parites but this thread is about Limbaugh. He is one of the most negative people I've ever heard. He's not entertaining or even funny and he certianly never says anything worth hearing. He's one of those guys who constantly complains but never offers a solution. I learned long ago that if you don't like something, you better have an alternative solution if you're going to complain about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great-- Now I have a crate full of streamers, party hats, and noise makers that will go to waste. In hindsight I can see that paying the extra money to have "Good Riddance Rush" written on everything was a colossal waist of resources. We can still eat the cake, though! So all is not lost, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Sure there are retards in both parites but this thread is about Limbaugh. He is one of the most negative people I've ever heard. He's not entertaining or even funny and he certianly never says anything worth hearing. He's one of those guys who constantly complains but never offers a solution. I learned long ago that if you don't like something, you better have an alternative solution if you're going to complain about it.

It's crystal clear that you have not listened to him because everything you just stated is 180 degrees out.

Really, it's amazing how wrong you are, yet, you believe it to be truth. Simply amazing.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Chocolate I hope? I'll be right over.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Will the healthcare in Costa Rico cover his addiction to oxycontin or is that considered a pre-existing condition?

What about Obama's coc aine habit? Is that covered as well?

Take your ridiculous comments elsewhere.

Huh? Limbaugh's drug addiction was both self-admitted and well documented, resulting in hearing loss and missed time from the airwaves.

www.cnn.com...

I'll keep my "ridiculous" comments right here, thank you.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by UnBreakable]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join