It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Strange 3am Experience...your thoughts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nightaddix

Your story gave me the chills! Because I had very very similar experiences as a child. I was laying in bed trying to sleep one night, I used to always leave my window open, I liked looking at the moon and the stars while I waited for sleep to come. The window although on the first floor, faced the side of my house, we had high walls around our back yard so no one ever ran between houses if you know what I mean. One night, I saw the shadow of a man walk past my window. I became alert and stared at the window, not sure if my eyes were just playing tricks on me. Then he walked by again, this time in the opposite direction, like pacing back and forth slowly. Thats when I sat up in bed scared. Someone was in our backyard! I could tell by the silhouette that it was not my family or neighbors. I watched and waited, and sure enough, it came back for another pass. This time however, It stopped halfway and looked right at me giving me a good look at its face, or what I could make out in the dark. It was the epitome of evil. It had a goatee, a scary face (if that makes sense) and a top hat. I could see it was wearing a sort of long coat or cape. It stood there staring at me, grinning, and scaring the crap out of me. The terror I felt was unlike anything you can experience from something of this world. Almost like he projected fear into me by looking at me. I jumped out of bed and ran to my parents room, screaming "someones at my window!!" My dad of course tried to say it was most likely shadows from a neighbor or tree or something. They could tell by how scared I was that this was no tree shadow. He grabbed his gun and ran outside thinking it was a prowler, I was scared for him. He said there was nothing there. whatever it was was able to easily climb a ten foot wall. To this day, I always close my windows and night, Always. I did see the same thing at friends houses too. As if it was following me. Once I started keeping my blinds always closed, a couple times late at night I would hear tapping on the window. I figured it was one of my friends trying to get me to sneak out or something, but it never was. Eventually he left me alone, but I still feel like hes there sometimes.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Great topic. I was actually looking through the threads to research a very similar experience I have had lately.

Mine started on new years day. We had really whooped it up on new years eve and I was feeling pretty bad due to drinking a lot more im used to. I decided to take a nap around 1pm after all the guests had finally left but I wasnt really tired.

After an hour or so I noticed exactly what you described, it felt like somone sat at the foot of my bed. I kicked my foot around the area but the pressure remained for another minute or so and then felt like they stood back up.

In another hour the same thing repeated, I felt like somthing was checking on me and briefly watching me.

Again in another hour, I felt a smaller pressure on the bed like a person leaning on their hand, but it was right next to my pillow. I didnt actually hear a voice, but there was some kind of chaotic noise I could almost hear with my mind. This was terrifying, my goosebumps were so strong they almost hurt and my heart was racing. I swung my arms around and told the thing to go away, that it was not welcome in my house. Oddly it didnt move right away but lingered for another minute or so before the pressure let back up.

To me it sounds very similar to what you have experienced.

After that it has not been up and personal with me, but it has done a few other notable things. One happend to my girlfriend. She gets spooked pretty easily so I didnt share the experience with her until one night when we were getting ready for bed. For some reason she plopped down next to me to talk about somthing kinda hanging off the side of the bed just a bit. Well right in the middle of a sentence she looks completely terrified and runs into the bathroom and throws up from the shock of somthing that happened to her. Apparently somthing had kinda grabbed her from behind.

After that nothing quite as major but It now has a kinda recurring pattern. Somthing wakes me up around 3am, not sure what but have the feeling it is because of a noise. I get the feeling that somthing is standing there watching us. Then it feels like a cat jumps up on the foot of the bed. the cat will then either walk to about my waist and roll up in a ball to sleep or one time it actually came up to my pillow and started kneading my arm through the pillow. I actually let it continue for a little bit just to try and see it as it was obviously right in front of my face, oddly it wasnt really very scary, almost seemed friendly. Again I didnt tell my girlfriend and she independently asked me about feeling like a cat has jumped up on the bed.

Sorry about being so long winded, but I figured my story would be interesting to you as it is so similar. Like you, I would really love some answers.

Oh yea, btw from the other poster, I am actually the eldest child, only male child and do not have a son (Have a beautiful daughter and dont plan to have any more.) Would be very interested in why you think this is significant to this type of experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i can relae with your hearing the hair dryer and radio. We moved into our house and i knew the basement was not friendly. I thought about it and went downn there on my own and had a one way conversation. Told the resident that i could understand how he/she would be upset being stuck down in the dark all the time and told him/her to come upstairs as long as he/she behaved. My son hears foot steps in the nite the dog follows someone not there and he/she has opened and shut the bedroom door several times not just a little either. No window or doors open to cause this. A toy dinosaur that I kept unwound for months has started going off in the wee hours of the morning and i just shake my head no or tell him/her to stop.
I feel lucky after reading these posts that my resident responsive to requests to close the door and usually to leave the toy alone.
I would suggest that talking to him/her in your own homes and just letting them know boundries might help. Sometimes i think they just want to be acknowledged. I could be wrong but its a thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I myself have experienced this same thing, more than once and in different locations (but in the same town). If anything occurred before or after that, I do not remember.

A friend and I shared an apartment above the eye doctor and one night as I was laying there I could hear my roommate and her boyfriend chatting, laughing and goofing off. I, of course, fell asleep. I don't recall exactly what time it was, but it had to have been somewhere between 1:30 and 3:30?? I had last looked at the clock and it was midnight.

What made me rouse, was the feeling of someone or something sitting on the edge of my bed (again with the weight). When I opened my eyes, there was absolutely nothing there, but I felt the weight lift. Thinking to myself, because I am pretty realistic, that I had just had a asleep/awake/asleep/awake moment, I sat up in bed, looked around my room, turned the light on and looked again. Nothing was different. I opened my bedroom door and figured they would still be awake, but they didn't have their light on.

I knocked on their door and when they didn't answer, I went in and woke them both up. I told them what had happened and her boyfriend (being the defender he is) went through the apartment, checked the door for anything that resembled breaking-and-entering and nothing.

A few nights later, they said when they walked in, I was sitting in the rocking chair with my eyes glazed over and speaking gibberish. I remember doing it - like I was there, but I wasn't able to control my body (like stone - no movement). I couldn't tell you what the language was - and it wasn't anything I had heard before. My roommate was flipping out (which is typical for her) and her boyfriend started shaking me. I was incredibly tired, but other than that, it hadn't bothered me that I remember.

(Bare with me, I know it's choppy - this has been about nine or ten years ago)

During the time that I lived in that apartment, I was dating a guy who lived about three or four blocks away. He played drums in a band, and I had gone with a friend to watch them perform. I had a bit of a headache, so we decided to leave early and call it a night. I took some ibuprofin and ended up going to bed shortly after I started feeling better. I heard the guys pull up, and saw the door open via the light on the wall (I was laying facing the wall and not the door). I will admit that I pretended to be asleep to see what my boyfriend said, as I figured it was him walking into the bedroom. I feel the weight on the edge of the bed and a hand(??!) move my hair from my face, then nothing. When I turned there wasn't anybody there. Again. But no weight had come off the bed and the door was still cracked open.

THAT made me jump out of bed and walk out into the living room. I asked any of them if they had gone into the bedroom, with a resounding 'no', we've only been here for five min.

That's when I told my boyfriend at the time about the experience that I had in my own apartment. Then he proceeds to tell me about how when he was a child, he would be alone in the house and see faces peek in his doorway. Of course, a child not knowing who the faces belonged to he would hide under his blanket.

I don't know if it helps?? But it certainly is a story similar to your own. I have had a few other things happen in this house, but I cannot say if it was my dogs that caused the weight changes or not... I can say that there have been a few nights before I had the smaller dog that my 180lb Mastiff getting on and off the bed is much different than what I have felt. Door that is closed ends up being wide open. Enough 3AM crap that leaves me unable to actually go to sleep until 4AM some nights. This will probably be one of those nights since I shared my experiences with you!! lol

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by themightymissm

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I must admit, I had the chills in more than a few spots in the story. When you said you were sitting in the chair speaking gibberish, I instantly thought of a time when I was young, and a similar thing happened to me. Only recently my mother told me that when I was about 7 years old, she heard me talking fast and loud to someone in the middle of the night. Thinking I was just talking in my sleep, or having a bad dream, she came in to just check on me. She said that I was sitting up in bed, rapidly speaking a language she had never heard before, but she said I knew it fluently. When she tried to console me, I supposedly looked at her, and my face showed no recognition, as if it wasnt me looking at her. She was so scared, once she was able to make me stop and go back to sleep, she was wide awake the rest of the night. I had no recollection of it up until a few years ago when she told me and I immediately remembered, but it seemed to me like a dream.

I also always had faces peeking around my door way watching me as a child. Whenever I would look it would disappear. I began to learn how to act like I was doing something else, but really I would be watching out of the corner of my eye, something watching me that definitely wasnt one of my family.

Ive been reading enough similar stories from people to really start to wonder what the hell is going on with US? I mean seriously, if one or two people had similar encounters, I can see why it would be hard to believe, but anyone who reads this and is still skeptical is clearly not putting 2 and 2 together.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
On Saturday, I was woken up by one of the strangest noises I have ever heard in my life. The noise is hard to explain. It was a mixture of a buzzing/alarm/siren type sound. I got up and could NOT figure out where the noise was coming from. I spent a good 5 minutes inside my room trying to see where this noise was coming from. Eventually it stopped and all was quiet. When I came out of my room to see if anyone else had heard it, my mother looked at me and said "What's wrong!" I could tell by her expression that I had a very frightening look on my face when she saw me. It turns out I was conveniently the only person that had heard the noise.

Later that day, we experienced some very heavy hailing (pellets of ice) in my city. The weather was the worst I have directly experienced. The wind was very strong, trees and branches were falling everywhere, the hail was pounding the ground like rocks. I thought there was a typhoon or tsunami on its way. The hail was so strong it managed to break several of our windows at home. By break I don't mean completely shattered, but 2-3 hail-sized holes in each window.

A part of me feels very strongly that the weird noise I heard was related in some way to the weather that followed.

---------

I apologise if this seems off-topic. I have been eager to share this experience with other people but was reluctant to make my own thread. This thread "felt" like the right place to share my story.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i have only ever sleep walked once it was when i was about 13 i lived in a really haunted house. so haunted infact it was actually blessed with holy water twice its the house i spent all my child hood growing up. well any way one night i had gone to sleep but kept tossing and turning because i thought i could hear the dog wining downstairs .i managed to drift off back to sleep but the next time i woke up i was standing at my bedroom door in the pitch black dark. i then started to walk downstairs and the wierd thing was i could see like every thing was all lit up i walked straight in to the kitchen and picked up a load ov tea towels from the kitching side. they had just been in the wash the day b4 i then laid them all out in the dogs bed literally moving my dog from where he was laid. then thats as much as i can remember i dont remember going back up the stairs or any thing much after that the only reason i no what happened was real .is because the next day when i woke up i heard my dad shouting who the hell has put all the clean dishcloths in the dogs bed. i freaked out remembering straight away what had happened

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I have often wondered what is going on with us as well. And I have a theory.

Now, I realize there are many 2012 scenarios, yada yada. I do not particularly believe that the world will end in that "Hollywood scenario". But perhaps it will end as we know it - the idea that we are going to transcend in some way.

Perhaps we are learning to open ourselves up to things that we were not before. We have had advancements in science/medicine/philosophy/etc - why not the ethereal? Scientists are beginning to take it more seriously.

I'm not a subscriber to a specific religion, but I have studied enough of it that there seems to be a common statement, and here I'll only use one. Jesus had said "Don't ye know ye are Gods???" There are hints to a higher self in his words. Granted it is interpretation, but with many religions suggesting the same ideal, it is hard to not believe that there is a separation between the self and the ego.

I am an INFJ personality type (we are less than 1% of the population), I am curious to know what yours is if you know it?
Also curious if you share another common trait: dissociative neurosis? BTW, not all professionals call this "multiple personality" I am now trying to search for the psychologist that was actually studying this further. And it couldn't be further from the multiple personality disorder - we know that there is a separation between the self and the ego. We are well aware of both and do not "forget" we said/did/acted in any way, shape or form.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by themightymissm]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ok, here is a (I don't know how many parts to explain that so you might better know):

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body; out-of-body experience, a detachment from one's body, environment and difficulty relating oneself to reality.

Occasional moments of mild depersonalization are normal;[1] strong, severe persistent or recurrent feelings are not. A diagnosis of a disorder is made when the dissociation is persistent and interferes with the social and occupational functions necessary to everyday living. Depersonalization Disorder is thought to be largely caused by severe traumatic lifetime events including childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, accidents, war, and torture. Drug use may be a mitigating factor. It is unclear whether genetics play a role, however there is evidence of physiological factors with respect to DPD.

Depersonalization disorder can be conceptualized as a defense mechanism as the core symptoms of the disorder are thought to protect the victim from negative stimuli. Depersonalization disorder is often comorbid with anxiety disorders, panic disorders, clinical depression and bipolar disorder.

Although depersonalization disorder is an alteration in the subjective experience of reality, it is by no means related to psychosis as sufferers maintain the ability to distinguish between their own internal experiences and the objective reality of the outside world. Sufferers are able to distinguish between reality and fantasy, during episodic and continuous depersonalization, and do not represent a risk to society since their grasp on reality remains stable at all times.

Symptoms

The core symptom of depersonalization disorder is the subjective experience of unreality, and as such there are no clinical signs. Common descriptions are: watching oneself from a distance; out-of-body experiences; a sense of just going through the motions; feeling as though one is in a dream or movie; not feeling in control of one's speech or physical movements; and feeling detached from one's own thoughts or emotions.[3] Individuals with the disorder commonly describe a feeling as though time is 'passing' them by and they are not in the notion of the present. These experiences may cause a person to feel uneasy or anxious since they strike at the core of a person's identity and consciousness.

Some of the more common factors that exacerbate dissociative symptoms are negative effects, stress, subjective threatening social interaction, and unfamiliar environments. Factors that tend to diminish symptoms are comforting interpersonal interactions, intense physical or emotional stimulation, and relaxation.[4] Factors identified as relieving symptom severity such as diet, exercise, alcohol and fatigue, are listed by others as worsening symptoms.[5]

Fears of going crazy, brain damage, and losing control are common complaints. Individuals report occupational impairments as they feel they are working below their ability, and interpersonal troubles since they have an emotional disconnection from those they care about. Neuropsychological testing has shown deficits in attention, short-term memory and spatial-temporal reasoning.[6] Depersonalization disorder is associated with cognitive disruptions in early perceptual and attentional processes.[7]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Pt. II

Diagnosis

Diagnosis is based on the self-reported experiences of the person followed by a clinical assessment by a psychiatrist, social worker, clinical psychologist or other mental health professional. Psychiatric assessment includes a psychiatric history and some form of mental status examination. Since some medical and psychiatric conditions mimic the symptoms of DPD, clinicians must differentiate between and rule out the following to establish a precise diagnosis: temporal lobe epilepsy, panic disorder, acute stress disorder, schizophrenia, migraine, drug use, brain tumour or lesion.[3] No laboratory test for depersonalization disorder currently exists.[8]

The diagnosis of DPD can be made with the use of the following interviews and scales: The Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Dissociative Disorders (SCID-D) is widely used, especially in research settings. This interview takes about 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on individual's experiences.[9]

The Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES) is a simple, quick, self-administered questionnaire that has been widely used to measure dissociative symptoms.[10] It has been used in hundreds of dissociative studies, and can detect depersonalization and derealization experiences.[11]

The Dissociative Disorders Interview Schedule (DDIS) is a highly structured interview which makes DSM-IV diagnoses of somatization disorder, borderline personality disorder and major depressive disorder, as well as all the dissociative disorders.[12] It inquires about positive symptoms of schizophrenia, secondary features of dissociative identity disorder, extrasensory experiences, substance abuse and other items relevant to the dissociative disorders. The DDIS can usually be administered in 30–45 minutes.[12]
DSM-IV-TR criteria

The diagnostic criteria defined in section 300.6 of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders are as follows:[8]

1. Persistent or recurrent feelings of being detached from one’s mental processes or body; as if an observer
2. During depersonalization, reality testing is intact
3. Depersonalization causes significant distress, and impairment in social, occupational, or other functioning
4. Depersonalization is not the result of another disorder, substance use, or general medical condition

The DSM-IV-TR specifically recognizes three possible manifestations of depersonalization disorder:

1. Derealization, experiencing the external world as strange or unreal.
2. Macropsia or micropsia, an alteration in the perception of object size or shape.
3. A sense that other people seem unfamiliar or mechanical.

Etiology
This section's factual accuracy is disputed. Please see the relevant discussion on the talk page. (January 2009)

The exact cause of depersonalization is unknown, although biopsychosocial correlations and triggers have been identified. Childhood interpersonal trauma, emotional abuse in particular, is a significant predictor of a diagnosis.[13] The most common immediate precipitants of the disorder are severe stress, major depressive disorder and panic, marijuana and hallucinogen ingestion.[14] People who live in highly individualistic cultures may be more vulnerable to depersonalization, due to threat hypersensitivity and an external locus of control.[15]

One cognitive behavioral conceptualization is that misinterpreting normally transient dissociative symptoms as an indication of severe mental illness or neurological impairment leads to the development of the chronic disorder. This leads to a vicious cycle of heightened anxiety and symptoms of depersonalization and derealization.[16]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Pt. III

Not much is known about the neurobiology of depersonalization disorder; however, there is converging evidence that the prefrontal cortex may inhibit neural circuits that normally form the substrate of emotional experience.[17] A PET scan found functional abnormalities in the visual, auditory, and somatosensory cortex, as well as areas responsible for an integrated body schema.[18] In an fMRI study of DPD patients, emotionally aversive scenes activated the right ventral prefrontal cortex. Participants demonstrated a reduced neural response in emotion-sensitive regions, as well as an increased response in regions associated with emotional regulation.[19] In a similar test of emotional memory, depersonalization disorder patients did not process emotionally salient material in the same way as healthy controls.[20] In a test of skin conductance responses to unpleasant stimuli, the subjects showed a selective inhibitory mechanism on emotional processing.[21]

Depersonalization disorder may be associated with dysregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, the area of the brain involved in the "fight-or-flight" response. Patients demonstrate abnormal cortisol levels and basal activity. Studies found that patients with DPD could be distinguished from patients with clinical depression and posttraumatic stress disorder.[22][23]
Epidemiology

Men and women are diagnosed in equal numbers with depersonalization disorder.[5] A 1991 study on a sample from Winnipeg, Manitoba estimated the prevalence of depersonalization disorder at 2.4% of the population.[24] A 2008 review of several studies estimated the prevalence between 0.8% and 2%.[25] This disorder is episodic in about one-third of individuals,[5] with each episode lasting from hours to months at a time. Depersonalization can begin episodically, and later become continuous at constant or varying intensity.[5]

Onset is typically during the teenage years or early 20s, although some report being depersonalized as long as they can remember, and others report a later onset.[4][5] The onset can be acute or insidious. With acute onset, some individuals remember the exact time and place of their first experience of depersonalization. This may follow a prolonged period of severe stress, a traumatic event, an episode of another mental illness, or drug use.[5] Insidious onset may reach back as far as can be remembered, or it may begin with smaller episodes of lesser severity that gradually become stronger. Patients with drug-induced depersonalization do not appear to be a clinically separate group from those with a non-drug precipitant.[26]

Relation to psychiatric disorders

Depersonalization exists as both a primary and secondary phenomenon, although making a clinical distinction appears easy to make but is not absolute. The most common comorbid disorders are depression and anxiety, although cases of depersonalization disorder without symptoms of either do exist. Comorbid obsessive and compulsive behaviours may exist as attempts to deal with depersonalization, such as checking if symptoms have changed and avoiding behavioural and cognitive factors that exacerbate symptoms. Researchers at the Institute of Psychiatry in London, England suggest depersonalization disorder be placed with anxiety and mood disorders, as in the ICD-10, instead of with dissociative disorders as in the DSM-IV-TR.[5]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is what I believe based on my own research:

Local geology - look for earthquake faults, and/or iron ore and/or crystal deposits

Local environment - look for man-made background electric and/or magnetic and/or electromagnetic fields

Local meteorology - look for frequent violent storm patterns

It seems that the right combinations of geology, environment and meteorology make a sort of crude "visual and audio information recording and playback machine". Whatever people, places or things are in the local environment at the time lend their audio and video characteristics to the environment continuously. The crude "machines" can be used to both record and playback these characteristics in 3D space.

Now the record button on such a machine might be changes in the local background fields and/or effects of severe storms activity.

What about the playback button! Ah!

The playback button is the sonic percussions created whenever furniture is moved (as in moving into the home) or construction is done (as in hanging a picture of installing new pipes, flooring, walls, etc).

Non-interactive hauntings can be explained this way.

The emotional angst of the individual witnessing the events colors the details of the event and may even have a controlling effect on the playback process and presentation (via subtle biological fields which are strongest during times of extreme emotion).

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thanks for sharing!

That does sound very strange. You're sure that it couldnt have been the wind or some weather related sound that you werent used to? Not being skeptical, just like to always cancel out the easy explanations.

If the sound and the storm are related, maybe you have a guardian angel or something looking out for you, trying to warn you of dangers like severe hailstorms

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i had something like this happen to me and i had to punch my way out of it.what was i punching? something dark brown with a big head.any ideas?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thats a ton of info, after re-reading it a couple times, I have to say I dont believe it applies to me....but what if I just dont know because Im not aware of the seperation? Hmmm, makes you start going down the rabbit hole the more you think about it.

Im sorry to hear that doctors dont take it seriously enough yet to see the major difference between that and split personalities.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences like yours, even as a child. Sometimes they don't disturb me, but sometimes they completely freak me out.
As a child, I was followed by something in the shadows. I never really got to see clearly what it was. All I remember, is that the shadows seemed to be alive.
I was terrified at night. I realize a lot of children see monsters everywhere but I think this was different. I had these experiences untill I was 18 or so.
Sometimes even today I can feel this presence. When it comes, the atmosphere changes. I can be sitting behind my pc and I feel the change. It is as if the atmosphere becomes heavier. Sometimes my hands turn into ice, but not always. When this happens, after a few minutes I see movement out of the corners of my eyes, but when I turn my head it's gone.
The lights play up a lot around me too. I wondered if I'm producing some magnetic field that disturbs energy, I don't know.
My car radio will turn on for no reason. And I've heard my name called out several times as well. One time I was standing in my bathroom putting on make up. I have two kids and they were sound asleep. My husband was downstairs watching tv.
I had the bathroom door closed an all of a sudden someone whispered my name. I figured it was my husband whispering because he didn't want to wake up our children.
But when I opened the bathroom door, he was gone. I was a bit surprised, why would he attract my attention and then leave? I went downstairs and asked him why he called me. He had no idea what I was talking about, he never left the living room.
Upstairs again I checked on my kids and they were sound asleep.

there have been so many of these incidents. I don't know why these things happen or who or what is following me for so long. Is it good? Is it bad? And do I really want to know?? I don't even know how I could find out.

As for your story goes, White Devil, have there been changes in your domestic situation? People moving in with you, or staying over, who may have brought something with them?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

Interesting that you mention the shadows. Same situation here, I used to just think my mind was playing tricks on me because it would always be in my peripheral vision. I know exactly how the atmosphere changes. For me, it was happening so frequently, when I woke up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason if I felt the heavyness, dread feeling, I wouldnt even bother to look. I still do this today. But watching you and jumping on your bed are different things. I got used to the watching, I dont think I would ever be able to get used to something whispering that damn weird language in my ear.

Whenever I was home alone when I was younger I would hear someone say my name.
Its very odd that so many of us have similar experiences.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Oh and to answer your question, nothing major has changed lately, other than me and my gf moving in together about 6 months ago. But we've lived together for a while, just not in the current house. Shes never had a bad spiritual experience, she always gets warm fuzzy feelings when she thinks God or something is watching over her.

I get bad feelings in my gut. Do you as well? If so, maybe thats your answer for if they are malevolent or benevolent. Follow your gut instinct, its probably warning you for a reason...just a theory

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

It's always difficult to figure out if what you're dealing with is either good or evil. Atleast, to me it is. You see, the experience itself can be unnerving, but it doesn't mean the spirit -or whatever it is!- is evil. I find it difficult tot trust my instincts there. But when you hear a horrible hissing like you did, that must be terrifying! Has anything happened in or around your house these last few days?

And are you the only one experiencing strange things?

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Gwynniver]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Nothing more has happened since that one night, but my girlfriend has been asking me if anyone ever died in the house. Kind of weird... I didnt even tell her what happened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join