It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Strange 3am Experience...your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

This is my first thread (other than my introduction), so please give me the benefit of the doubt if I miss something.

Before I begin, allow me to tell you a little about myself. I am a 25 year old male, residing in a suburb of Los Angeles. My girlfriend and I recently moved into my childhood home which we are renting from my parents. Although I have experienced strange phenomenon throughout my life, this particular house never posed any problems that I can think of. If anything, I feel much safer in this house as I'm the third generation of my family to live here.
I consider myself more of a scientific thinker, open minded, but very skeptical about most things. I was raised Catholic/Christian, but never could really buy into it. Even though I have seen some very eerie unexplainable things in my life, its much easier to not allow yourself to believe it. For a scientific mind to admit to itself that it just witnessed something that shouldn't be there, that it cannot explain, may lead one to question his sanity, or reality in general for that matter. Especially since my spiritual experiences have all been either frightening, shocking, or purely irritating. Thus, I have deduced most of my experiences as simple tricks of light, or even the all encompassing "brain misfire" that doctors say might lead one to hallucinate.

Yes, I HAVE used the search function, and yes, some of the topics of this thread have been brought up before. Unfortunately, most of them are either old/inactive, or didnt go anywhere past the usual "sleep paralysis" debunk or "over active imaginations." I was a child once, so I know all about over active imaginations. I have experienced sleep paralysis as well, & I can see why people would be freaked out. Please give me a chance to explain why I feel my experience was different before you write me off. As stated in the title, this thread has to do with the "3am phenomenon." For whatever reason, people seem to have trouble with this time of the night, myself included. Usually for me its just the annoying fact that I seem to always wake up around that time. I have had some "encounters" once I awoke, but that's for another thread. If you're curious about this topic you may read more here
here
here

Recently I went about the perimeter of my home, installing motion sensing lights in an attempt to deter thieves. I just put up the last one yesterday, above my front porch. Last night I went to bed around 1:30am, my girlfriend was still awake watching tv in another room. I awoke to feel weight being pressed down on the bed next to me, I was facing away from that side of the bed, toward my nightstand and alarm clock. ( Anyone who has slept in a bed with someone will know what I'm talking about. Even half asleep with your eyes closed you can feel when someone next to you climbs in or out of bed ) I opened my eyes, saw it was a little after 3, and felt a little annoyance thinking how I had to wake up in a few hours for work. I rolled over to put my arm around her and to my shock there was no one there!!
No one that I could "see" anyways, I could still feel the presence of something there. I could clearly see in the dark, the bed was even sagging from the weight. It took a second for my brain to process what was happening. I would be lying if I told you I didn't feel a sense of terror and foreboding. Suddenly, right next to my head this awful whispering, hissing started. It was not a language I could understand, but it sounded like latin spoken very fast. It was the worst voice I have ever heard. Im getting the chills right now just thinking about it. I felt/saw the weight come off the bed next to me, I heard a thump on my window, then my sensor lights went on, one at a time, in succession as if someone was walking by them. I grabbed my gun off my nightstand and ran to the window to see who was outside. No one was there. The whole experience couldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds, but it seemed like hours. I walked through the house and saw my girlfriend passed out on the couch by the tv. I decided against waking her to tell her what I had just experienced. Shes very sensitive to scary things, and I wasnt even sure what just happened. I turned on my bedroom lights and got back in bed, clutching my gun, replaying the events in my head, desperately searching for an explanation. I remained that way until the sun came up and it was time to get ready for work. Until last night, nothing scary had happened to me in this house. Interestingly, when I told my best friend about it today, he said;" I didnt want to say anything, but the other night when I was at your house I went in the kitchen to grab a beer and saw one of your lights swinging slightly. I watched it for a while, trying to figure out how it was moving, then it just stopped. All of the windows were closed, the heater/AC was off. I couldnt figure it out. I tried walking past it a few times to see if the wind from walking past it would work...nothing. There are three of those in your kitchen, why was only one swaying back and forth?!"

Thank you for taking the time to read this, Im still at a loss to explain what happened. I'd love to hear your theories, ideas, or similar experiences. I swear everything happened as I said.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can say I've felt a weight on my bed at times too. not in years, but it has happened. I always just kind of shrugged it off and assumed I was just sleepy and not really knowing what was goin on, but yeah, it's creepy.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Yeah its weird, it seems like its not too uncommon, I would have assumed I was just sleepy too, had I not heard that awful whispering, and the motion lights....

By the way, is that the Px4 Storm in your pic?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that, I do believe you. The reason for my reply is that your experience was very different, but in ways similar to what I experienced only 2 weeks ago. I am still replaying it in my mind like you to try and think of a reason why. People feel that I was sleep walking, I know I was wide awake.

My story: I live in a bungalow and my sister was visiting and staying overnight. At about 2 am I visited the toilet and when I was walking past her bedroom door I could hear the radio on and the hair dryer going. In the bathroom adjacent to her bedroom, I could still clearly hear the hairdryer and background radio.

After finishing in the bathroom, I came out and paused outside her bedroom door....not sure whether to knock and check she was ok or go back to bed. I decided that she probably couldn't sleep and must have had a shower and washed her hair, so I went back to bed.

I was laying awake and thought, this is stupid.. so I picked up my phone and text her... 'are you ok, have you just had a shower?' ...... she didn't reply. I went to sleep.

In the morning I got up to get ready for work and my sister was just coming out of the bathroom, with a towel around her head and a robe. She had just had a shower and washed her hair.

I was surprised and we had then a bizarre conversation. Basically she was fast asleep when I text her in the early hours, infact the text had woken her up and she didn't know what I was talking about. She had not got up in the night for a shower and hadn't had the radio on. I went cold and just froze. It was so real, we kept talking about it but she said was I sleep walking because I just hadn't happened.

I know 100% that I had heard it and it was real enough for me to be concerned to text her.....

This has been very unsettling and I just can't think of a reason.

Weird things happen.. I just know I have never sleep walked in my life, I heard the sounds very clearly.... for several minutes while I was up.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Something like that happend to me, very weird stuff, but not scary and i have a theory about it. I bet one of you or both are planing to have a baby, if not i think one is its way to join you...that only what happen to me 3 times, only my theory.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nice thought, but I am too old to have a baby now and my babies are grown up....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by easystreet

That is very odd, I know the frustration of trying to figure out why. Have you ever heard things like that when she wasnt around?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Baby? What an odd way to look at it. Why would you think that? Is that from personal experience? Im trying to understand

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have had a few experience over my lifetime, enough apart to make me doubt they were real... although at the time they were very real.

I try and think of a reason for things happenning, but it isn't always possible.

I have lived in this bungalow 18 months and I do sometimes hear noises which can't be identified, as we have no attached neighbours. Nothing as clear as what happened with my sister though.

It has made me aware though and after discussing it on ATS, I think it would be good to note anything out of the ordinary and just see if there is a pattern

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

yes personal experience, things moving, we felt like some touching our face in bed, we even got a weird message on my wife mobile, it was a recorded discussion between my wife and me about a baby lol mant things like that but it never was scary thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I will keep a check on this thread,it will be interesting to see if anyone else has had any experiences that they wish to share on similar lines.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Wow! So, after all of these things happened you two had a child together? Did it stop after the baby was born? Thats a strange story, especially the cell phone thing. hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easystreet

I appreciate that. I really want to hear about others experiences. I was hoping for more responses, but it seems like the paranormal people come on at night, during the day it seems to be all politics and science

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

It did stop after the baby and diferent thing like that happen 3 times and its starting again i really hope im wrong about this,dont want more kids, i think join forest...just run!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to have nightmares every night and would wake up screaming around 3 AM every morning. It happened for quite awhile. It was always the same nightmare: I was in a dark room by myself, and someone started coming in the door. All I would see was their foot and I would get terrified and wake up screaming. I know it's weird. and probably just my mind being crazy but that's all i've got to say about that (Forest Gump tribute).

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
@OP:

i consider myself scientifically minded too.

especially when normal explanations fail to explain events,
one should look at all the weird explanations with a wide a view.

first, widening the view;

- the universe (space) is very big. you know / can look up the numbers.

- human science is not sure whether wormholes (large, or small for just inofrmation) actually exist, how far they can reach, and what speed information (the interesting bit for us right now) information travels from say, a couple of galaxies away, to our planet here.

- human science is not sure on how many invisible dimensions our 3d-space+time dimension has / can be linked to.

- life can start and thrive (up to a point) around deepsea-vents, so it probably can start and thrive (to selfawareness, intelect and even tech) in many more environments that we would consider "too harsh for even microbes".
life needs carbon, water, oxygen? right, HERE it does. most of it.
personally, i suspect it has more to do with stability and change of said environment thatn its composition (which, granted, must be reasonably diverse i think).

- it is suspected by quite some newage researchers-writers that humans visit an other dimension in their sleep.

- i know from personal exp that in my sleep, i can fly (did that once when i was a kid), with completely vivid and real-feeling bodily feelings. even the sense of gravity and centrifugal force works correctly.
therefore i postulate that the human mind can have all of its senses fed by something else than "the real world".
one would be wise to consider that if it can happen in sleep, it can happen at other times too

- IF beings (aliens) (interdimensional, located far away and connected through wormholes, etc) (who may be "technologically" vastly superior to humans) are able to send a realistic package of "reality-data" (a combination of sound, vision, bodily feelings, etc), then it must also be possible for such beings to augment reality (in the receivers brain only).

given this widening of view (which you shouldn't accept 100% right away or at all times!), i offer some crackpot theories about your experiences:

first train of thought : it's intelligent beings / aliens "doing this to you".

- beings that for some reason have selected you for contact (i say this coz i believe that i have been selected aswell, both by telepathically harassing parties and supporting ones, and since i had no esp-training of any sort, the opposite in fact, i took over 5 years to be convinced of the fact that "telepathy can be real") will likely be unpleased with their more subtle forms of trying to prove their existance.

- your experience leads me to believe you are contacted by "evil" beings who want to scare you out of your wits and happiness.
i have never heard a firsthand account of such persistence and breaking-of-the-laws of nature though, for "them" to get their point accross.
"they" may want something from you, possibly something that puts you at risk, or in hurt.

second train: it's your own brain.

We know humans can hallucinate. Which proves "reality" can be augmented by their own fantasy.
What if this goes also for bodily data? Maybe not in all humans, but like hallucinations, only in a small percentage of humans?

That would put you comfortably back in the "misfiring of neurons" story..

But that doesn't explain your (i assume sane) friends experience.

Nor the fact that you probably have no selfdestructive tendencies, which would make it strange for your brain to torment itself like that.

I hate to put you to this; but you'd be wise to consider the fact that it's a big universe, and we're very unlikely to be the only species of (some) intelligence out there.

Good luck, and let us know how you fare..

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The whole phenoma of ghostly apparitions and the like, some recorded, are all yet to be scientifically explained. While not sceptical, excepting when considering that folk are prone to suggestion, pre-conception, that most be explainable, photographic orbs for example, dust/light refraction is more likely than anything else, but folk 'want' to beleive its something more.

In the case of well documented phenomena, im of mind that some is the result of the unconcious mind of the living, projecting fears and anxities/emotions on their reality. The mind is also largely unknown and explored, but known to be powerful.

A few however, fall into their own category of totally inexplicable.
Perhaps from time to time, one reality simply leaks into another breifly.
The movie 'The Others' with nicole Kidman comes to mind,
"sometimes you'll see them, sometimes you wont".

It may well be that 'others' sometimes inexplicably experience us, and likewise assume us 'ghosts', and we remain oblivious.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Since I was a kid, I was always afraid to sleep by myself because something would hover over me and I would be paralyze for a few moments then I would let go a loud scream. This experience continue for years. I always have to put a pillow on my back before sleeping. I would feel a little protected by doing this.
About three months ago, on one Monday morning around 8 am, I was in a semi sleepy state when I began to see myself lying on a table surround by seemingly alien beings similar to the Greys but very tall. One of them was whipping me on my my back very vigorously. This went on for some time until I was fully awake with a clear vision of what took place.
I am still researching how to be release from these Beings.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Food for thought: what if "demons" and "angels" are simply aliens who've pushed the construct of religion on us long ago because we cannot see them with our 2 physical eyes (normally).

i know i'm not the first to suggest this, but it's relevant to my last post i think.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jk197x

Wow, that was an awesome response.

You bring up some really good points, and yes I do have the same beliefs, once you really start thinking of the endless possibilities out there, its hard not to see anything as a possibility.

The odd thing about my case, is I dont feel scared now. Sure, I was at the time, but I dont feel like its something that will persist, I may be wrong...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join