It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus and "Mabus" - a thought...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am posting this thread as a means for discussion. If something similar has been posted recently (I did a search prior to posting) I apologize.

Those who know Nostradamus know that he predicted the coming of three Antechrists (ante = before, not anti). The first one was designated as Pau Nay Oloron ("Napoleon Roy" = Napoleon King), the second as Hister (Hitler, born incidentally on the river Hister). The third one he named "Mabus":

Century 2, Quatrain 62:

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
A horrible undoing of people and animals:
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands, thirst, famine, when the comet will run.

A lot of suppositions have been made about this "Mabus". Given Nostradamus' frequent use of anagrams, some have seen Osama Bin Laden in this, others George W. Bush, even Saddam Hussein.

What other sources tell us about this Antechrist - or Antichrist, depending - is that he was born in the Holy Land, circa 1962, but is not a Jew.

This points to an interesting candidate: Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi.

He was born in 1966 in Jordan (part of the traditional Holy Land) and is, of course, a Muslim. He came to be better known by the general public for his alleged role in the execution of Nicholas Berg. And of course, "Mabus" vs. Abu Musab...

And here's an interesting tidbit CNN had to say about him:

www.cnn.com...

As of now, I have no wish to brandish this as proof that we have Nostradamus' third Antechrist. What I mean to say is that there are interesting coincidences here.

More on that theory: www.mabus.biz...

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Napoleon was an antechrist!?
didn't seee that one coming

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
interesting thought otts.

I think that GW is not the antichrist, but you never know.

what is the coming of the antichrist supposed to mean anyway? end of the world as we know it?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Or how about this Nostrudamus 'dAMUS". Rearrange the letters and flip the d for 'MABUS'.
Or mirror Saddam/mabbaS.
Or OSA'MABUS'H.
Or rearrange MAbUS to Md USA[like hister river]
Yep!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I remember watching on the History (Discovery) Channel about Nostradamus, and they pretty much debunked every piece about him. People want to believe what they want to believe, people see what they want to see. It was a good show nonetheless.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
LOL, I love the OL, Nostradamus third Ante-christ subject.
Because it is a. in an old foreign language b, a style requiring imaginative lateral thinking, you could probably make a case for any person in power being the next Ante-christ.
I just did a google for, Nostradamus third antechrist, and the first four links I clicked claimed unequivocally that the next Ante-christ would be;
Vladimir Putin
George Bush/Donald Rumsfeld
Saddam Hussein
and somebody from France, depending on which link you opted for.
I'm sure had I been bothered to click the other 66,000 matches I'd have eventually come across myself on the list.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1Iwhat is the coming of the antichrist supposed to mean anyway? end of the world as we know it?

In Nostradamus, what happens is a 27-year war, starting in 1999 and going until 2026, resulting in the destruction of many large cities and the death of millions... except that afterwards things get better, with the return of either Christ or a monarchic figure to usher the world into a new age of peace.

Trouble is - and it has been pointed out in this thread - that for various reasons the prophecies are written in riddles or anagrams, and lend themselves to interpretation too much. Plus, the only one which actually had a date in it - 1999 - turned out to be a dud.

Smudge - You probably ended up on the "Mabus Centre" or "Mabus Watch", which has even the Pope and Prince William as Mabus.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Otts:

I guess the "dud" prophecy you're talking about for 1999 was the "King of Terror" one?

Didn't he use a different calendar system than the one we currently use, if so isnt the dating of his 1999 based on his calendar? If so, then the King of Terror I believe would be off by quite a bit still, but it's been awhile and I forget the exact differential between our current calendar system, and the one that was used by him.

Just a thought.

TS

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Seeker: Nostradamus used the Julian calendar, which had a differential of about twelve days with the modern Gregorian calendar. And there's a possibility that in his time the New Year was still celebrated March 1st. That's all I know.

Anyone has other ideas as to the time differential?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ah there we go. Quite right! It was just a shot in the dark, I gave some thought to nosty some years back, but the quatrains seemed so "open ended" in many instances, so I let it go to the wayside to be honest with ya. Good luck on it though, it would be interesting to be able to interpret him with more accuracy.

TS

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Problem is "ante" is a latin word, Nostradomus wrote in Old French (now a completely dead language that only the most whacko of scholars even attempt at understanding).

So your whole basis of argument is flawed.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Saddam Hussein (whom Nostradamus referred to as "Mabus") fit the bill completely.

Saddam was indeed an imperialistic Middle Eastern ruler who had a close alliance with Russia. He had Russian military advisors (and weapons shipped into his country), just as predicted. Saddam Hussein�s regime was also known for its brutality in having many innocents tortured and/or murdered.

If Hussein�s military machine wasn�t significantly weakened by the US-led coalition in 1992 (after he invaded Kuwait), he would have proceeded on to taking over Saudi Arabia and then eventually fulfilled Nostradamus' prophecy with a full-scale invasion of Europe.

One must remember that the probable future changes as we change the present. If someone was successful in assassinating Adolph Hitler before he rose to power, then the Second Antichrist predicted by Nostradamus (whom he referred to as "Hister") would also have been stopped.

Finally, even though the Third Antichrist predicted by Nostradamus has emerged and has been defeated does not prevent some other lunatic with enough military backing to start a major war, even a nuclear one.

We must always remain vigilant.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I remember watching on the History (Discovery) Channel about Nostradamus, and they pretty much debunked every piece about him. People want to believe what they want to believe, people see what they want to see. It was a good show nonetheless.

the discovery channel recently 'debunked' the sky being blue and water being wet as well. (satire, not false or misleading info)
mainstream media 'debunks' everything. the status quo MUST be maintained!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I actually am the owner of the Nostradamus Mabus Project.

www.mabus.biz... and www.anti-christ.com...

I found this forum by way of a few referrals from the link someone posted above.

In regards to Mabus, We posted a pretty large list of potential canidates for the list. Although some of them might be off, we opted to make the list larger rather than smaller and prehaps miss someone that should of been on the list.

As it stands now, the general belief is that Mabus could be really one of four candidates.

Musab www.mabus.biz...
Saddam www.mabus.biz...
Bush www.mabus.biz...
Osama www.mabus.biz...

Now there are another 50 or so people that have a small chance of being him/her however the percentage decreases dramatically among researchers in that regards the further down the list you travel.

The complete list is on www.Anti-Christ.Com...

[edit on 17-6-2004 by The Founder]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A prophet of God is correct 100% of the time. So, what's Nostradamus hit/miss ratio? If anything less that 100% then not a prophet. It fun to read what kind of stuff people make up about what Nostradamus said AFTER some event. Kinda like trying to put a square peg in a round hole, you can make it fit but you usually have to beat it in. Isn't a true prophet of God supposed to fortell what WILL happen clearly so that people will have time to repent? And the prophet of God always came with the notice that if the people repented that they would be spared.

Oh yeah, I forgot, there are some in this thread that don't believe in the almighty. We're going to be these light beings. In fact, I feel my DNA changing right now. This is a bunch of hooey.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Actually I dont' agree with you.

I don't think the Bible is 100% correct either... look I am athiest, I am part of the 5% that feel that other 95% are suffering from Mass Hysteria.

It's just in what you believe in.

www.sqlspace.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that, but Nostradamus is far from being credible. He was just a man as so many equate Jesus to.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ok, call me crazy. I was watching the news about the kidnapping of the South Korean and the possibility that Abu Musab al Zarqawi was responsible for this as well as the Johnson execution.
My new candidate for Anti-Christ/Mabus = Abu MUSAB al Zarqawi. It's a shot in the dark, but I just thought I'd bring this up (If it hasn't already been discussed).
joey

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Joey - Why I started this thread. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of that!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I had the thought and became so agitated that I posted before reading your entire OP. Very coincidental, huh? He seems to have taken control of many of the terrorist activities and the ones that have the most emotional impact. We shall see.
joey

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join