It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Green 22 Bahman (February 11)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about what Iran will do that will supposedly shock the western world?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Rickness

They are trying to mark them with paint now so if they escape they can be arrested later in the day. And yes that is what they want to do.

Basiji attacking cars if drivers honk in support of crowds chanting Death to Dictator

Heavy clashes in Azadi Sq. after AN's speech. Plain clothes and guards are coming

Tehran's weather now overcast & partly cloudy. No sun. The images on state TV r of previous yrs

Source in Tehran: As Basij attacked woman he said "you want to take bread out of my kids mouth'. They r there 4 money

JARAS: Shooting at people at Arya Shar

conf: Bomb explosion in Tirajeh shopping center but no serious injuriy so far

Dozens of arrests have been so far been confirmed from Tehran by Kalemeh and other reformist websites

People are moving towards Evin prison & heavy traffic on Chemran and Yadegar Imamam freeway

Report Rafsanjani joined people on Palestine Street

Namazi street has big protests; pics of KH and AN pictures are being burned

22 Bahman - Tehran - P5 Video shows buses that broth pro gov to demonstration http://(link tracking not allowed)/bY1BD2

The "rental" pro-gov protesters R winding down & going home!

Clashes in cities throughout Iran - Northern states lge Green turnout as well as in Mashad, Ispahan & Shiraz

He mentioned some "laser" technology.

4:34 Am it's getting late not sure how much longer i can keep up

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Fatality]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
laser technology??? no #? thats cool I guess. pew pew all your base are belong to us pew pew. haha idk im very tired.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by The Rickness]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It might have to do with laser uranium enrichment process

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This video of Khamenei and Khomenei posters getting ripped down just makes your day!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

www.zamaaneh.com...

Jaras reports that anti-riot police on motorcycles carrying shields and batons are being deployed in central areas of Tehran in progressively greater numbers .

Jaras also reports that anti-riot armoured vehicles armed with anti-riot water sprays are deployed in specific locations of the city.

This is the first time that the Chinese-imported anti-riot vehicles have been seen on the streets of Tehran.

Jaras also reports that in Jalal Al-Ahmad and Kargar North area the clash between protesters and government forces are ongoing and both sides are progressively expanding in numbers.

At Laleh Park, paint balls were reported to have been thrown at protesters.

CNN reports people chanting “Death to the Dictator!” however, the content of other slogans revolves around demands for national referendums, release of political prisoners and not giving in to the fear of the Basij paramilitary forces.

Remember the riot vehicles with water & chem-sprayers I posted a couple of months back. The regime are parking them on the streets.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
From twitter:

The crowd in front of IRIB growing , clashes continue

IRIB is the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, i.e. state TV building.

Police is blocking streets leading to TV & Radio building / People are clashing with motorcycle guards.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the courageous protestors. Unarmed civilians against the might, weapons and tyranny of the dictators. May it not falter. But even if it did, future generations will never forget this day, when the Iranian masses rosed up against tyranny.

Regardless if the Iranian chosed theocracy or democracy, it MUST be a choice made by their own citizens, and not by despots. The repression, oppression and tyranny of the common Iranian masses must end, so that a better future can be created, with freedom and hope for generations to come......

May more give them support and call every family member, relatives and friends not to forsake the unarmed but brave Iranian masses fighting for freedom.....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As many here, my heart goes out to those standing up for what is right against a corrupt and evil government.

We haven't see the big event yet. Things look like they are going to really erupt sometime shortly. Somehow, we are going to be hit hard by this too, I just don't know how yet. Thanks for the links and updates guys. Good work.

I would keep my eyes on Israel and Russia right now too. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
First off - is Twitter and YouTube really a reliable source of information? Who is posting these Twitter fees. Also, didn't someone say that Iran has cut off the outside world (which would obviously be false).

Secondly, I hate to break it to you, but it's not as if all protesters are being shot and killed. Yes, it appears some are being beaten etc. However, would the same thing not be found here in the West? Case and point - Pittsburgh G20. What is the difference here? Really?

As for the lasers. The lasers are a way for them to enrich uranium. The "punch" was, most likely, the fact that they are able to enrich up to 20%.

Now..Why would the US not want this? Maybe you should ask, why would Israel not want this?

Ahmadenijad said something today around the lines of, that they can now provide steady electricity to something like 20 towns in the rural areas. What's wrong with that?

I guess it's time well pull out our tactical missiles for some reason..What would that be for?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Couple links to add regarding the Rallies and Protests...

Iran Green Voice

Videos as they come available

A-Jad's message to the West???

Iran Hails Nuclear Advance

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced new advances in Iran's uranium enrichment drive on Thursday, as government supporters rallied and the opposition reported clashes on the Islamic revolution's 31st anniversary.

"The Iranian nation is brave enough that if one day we wanted to build nuclear bombs we would announce it publicly without being afraid of you," Ahmadinejad said, addressing Iran's Western enemies. He told the crowd: "When we say that we don't build nuclear bombs, it means that we won't do that because we don't believe in having it."

[edit on 11-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I appreciate the list of "fake tweeters" -- that was something I hadn't thought of before.

However, Tenfly, you raise some awfully good questions. Between the government's bombast and the dramatic social news, it really IS hard to tell what's going on. The two news releases today (electric car, enriched uranium) would probably be ignored by most without the leadup statements from the President that indicated something huge and shocking.

Is his interpretation of these events a little skewed or is he just being a drama queen? Dunno. but those were very good questions.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Or they could be genuine, the person claiming the fakes could indeed be disinfo...

Who knows anymore?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tenfly
Ahmadenijad said something today around the lines of, that they can now provide steady electricity to something like 20 towns in the rural areas. What's wrong with that?

not 20 town but every village of 20 houses or more !

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One photo may be faked, but can numerous photos and images lie?
Would the illegal regime lie that they had publically murdered leaders of the protests last year?
I guess its time for the inhuman regime and their running dogs to do some spin doctoring....

[edit on 11-2-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Can anyone get on presstv.ir?

I cant access... was ok a couple of hours ago...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrts

I agree that the news today would probably have been ignored if the President didn't indicate the "punch" etc.

I wouldn't say that his interpretation is skewed, nor is he being a drama queen. I think it's most likely his belief, and as well, he's trying to build up nationalist sentiment. He's saying that Iran doesn't need the Wests help for nuclear power. The past deal that apparently was about to agreed to (though most likely was never planned to) was that Iran would ship out 3% enriched uranium, to have it converted to 20%. Now he's saying they don't even need to do that. He's also saying that this current enrichment is done under the supervision of the UN, and that enriching to weapons grade would be near impossible under the eye of the UN.

So is it a punch to the face? I think so. Once again, Iran has freed themselves of any dependency on the West, especially in the face of growing sanctions. Unfortunately, once again, they are tempting fate. I truly don't think that any of this issue with the West has anything to do with the US. It's to do with Israel, and the balance of power that is bound to shift if Iran keeps growing and has its dependency.

Those in Israel and the US are going to freak about this most likely. This is why you may also end up seeing overblown coverage as to how 'terrible' these 'protests' went today. Anything to paint the regime in Iran in bad light. Anything. Even if Iran did something positive, would it be covered in positive light? The only thing that would be covered under such light would be appeasement to the West.

The West is hell-bent on regime change in Iran. These Twitter feeds, YouTube videos, and MSM coverage, are all designed to paint the regime in a negative fashion. Does the West let protesters run rampant in the streets? No. They crack down on them. Iran will do the same, unfortunately, and it will be blown up as human rights abuses and seen as a 'crackdown' on freedom. Sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Rickness
Video: persianq.com...

idk if its live or what but seems like its there right now

Wow it seems crazy over there.

I find it interesting I'm the only one in there atm..

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think the purpose of the original post was to draw attention the what is happening to the people of Iran. They are obviously in pain and have little faith in the future of their country. It is interesting that the USA haters, most from the US, need to chime in and say "we are no better, look at..." Every country has it's good and bad points.

When the protestors at the G20 where arrested it was covered by every news organization in the west. We are talking about teenage girls being beaten and shot as a policy of the Iranian government, then being completely covered up. A definate conspiracy and evidence of a malicious regime.

I always remember how I gained my freedom. It was because of those that stood up and fought for the power to decide their own fates. I hope that these people can live a life with the same choices without suffering the torture that is prevalent on 2/11/2010

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Can somebody please explain whats going on in lamens terms??? Excuse my ignorance i have no clue who is who over there.

i would really appreciate cuz it seems crazy and important to know about....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join