It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I'm not going to defend a nutjob's right to have guns. If he was shooting guns in his house, fine. Good, arrest him. If he had real grenades, good, arrest him.

However, your article, like most of them on the subject are as follows..

MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA, Mass. -- A Massachusetts man is under arrest for the stash of guns police found in his possession

Authorities took Gregory Girard, 45, into custody Wednesday afternoon on weapons charges after apparently finding dozens of guns inside his Manchester-by-the-Sea home.

A judge in Salem District Court ordered Girard held for evaluation.

Or "a massachusetts man was arrested for have illegal batons"

The problem I have with this is

A. Why did they arrest him for guns he LEGALLY owns?
B Why did they arrest him for batons that are not illegal?

Why, do you suppose, wasn't he arrested for having an illegal gun range in his condo?
I suppose if he had an illegal gun range/frag grenades/ making threats, he would have been arrested for those things instead of being arrested for guns he legally owned.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Man I feel sorry for anybody stuck in that sorry excuse for a state! What a joke! This guy wouldn't even be looked at twice here in Arizona. Man C'mon people when are you gonna wake up and start fighting for your righs! Another sad example of freedom being crushed...sad, just sad...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

“He made the following statements to her, ‘Don’t talk to people. Shoot them instead. It’s fine to shoot people in the head, because traitors deserve it"

If anybody says that and has a weapon cache collected within the last 9 months in there house with a illegal gun range in the attic I hope the cops arrest him and gives him a psychological evaluation to determine if he is about to go postal or not. Damn his rights. His wife turned him in and gave enough evidence for them to act on. And im sure all the evidence that was given by her will never show up in a news paper article until after a court trial. And im sure theres a investagtion going to just figure out what he could of been up to. Im sure the arresst report probly states additional charges pending until they find out more but just need a charge to hold him for the time being so they can get him evaluated.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
“He made the following statements to her, ‘Don’t talk to people. Shoot them instead. It’s fine to shoot people in the head, because traitors deserve it"

If anybody says that and has a weapon cache collected within the last 9 months in there house with a illegal gun range in the attic I hope the cops arrest him and gives him a psychological evaluation to determine if he is about to go postal or not. Damn his rights. His wife turned him in and gave enough evidence for them to act on.

Again, if this were the case, that is what he would have been arrested for.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
How the hell could you defend this lunatic? 20 weapons used for what? To harm other humans.

Lock this idiot up, thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
They have no grounds to arrest this man!

If this guy was arrested in South Carolina then he would be facing 10 years in prison + $25k fine.

That is why the new law isn't some sort of joke, it isn't meant to be funny or stupid. It is to convict people this this, when they have no other grounds of conviction! Now they can say, "He has thousands of ammo rounds and 20 guns, he must be planning on overthrowing the government. Oh, you didn't register did you?"

If he did register then his house would be the first place they swat in the event of martial law, before he could get those guns out to his buddies.

That law isn't for Muslim extremists.

See thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Subjective Truth

EDIT: By the way, I understand that a lot of you are also level headed logical people so if you are one them please do not take offense to my rambling

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Nomad451]

No offense here. I own guns. I hunt. I target shoot and have since the age of 9. I don't want somebody this crazy being armed either.

The worst is they gave this guy a permit without question and now his crap will make it harder for others. These guys make us who are responsible gun owners look bad. I assure you nearly all gun enthusiast will be pissed off at him.

What is the point of buying stolen police batons. That alone is an alarm bell. Sounds like he was about ready to snap. A gun range in his home! At that point your own family should take notice. Perhaps they did?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This makes me sick. Was the man posing a threat to anyone?

I'd sue the Police Department. This is just plain ILLEGAL! These police officers should be stripped of their badge AND GUNS!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
How the hell could you defend this lunatic? 20 weapons used for what? To harm other humans.

Lock this idiot up, thanks.

I think the only idiot in this situation is you.

You can NOT lock a man up for having 20 weapons, it is his constitutional right. What grounds do you want to lock him up on? Thought crime? I think your train thought is more of a crime.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

He had a gun range in the attic of a multi family condo. That means his neighbor is on the other side of a couple pieces of drywall. And he was firering rounds off at a armoured plate in his attic/loft with other families near by.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I didn't read in the article where it said he was firing any sort of gun. I must have missed that.

Oh, wait. No I didn't.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by tyranny22

He had a gun range in the attic of a multi family condo. That means his neighbor is on the other side of a couple pieces of drywall. And he was firering rounds off at a armoured plate in his attic/loft with other families near by.

If this is the case then this guy needed to have his guns taken away. He was a danger to others. I got a feeling we will be seeing more and more of this sort of thing in the near future. I believe in our 2nd Amendment, but stupid people who are doing stupid things like this do not need to have access to guns.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

The guy was obviously a threat.

20 weapons for what? A conspiracy theory?

I'm glad there is one less lunatic off the street.

And please, this isn't about the constitution so cut it with the name calling. Thanks.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Although I am not too sure about the bullet-proof vests. Are those legally to own as a civilian, or are they police/military use only?

In BC Canada I think civilians who are not in gangs or do not have criminal records are allowed to have bulletproof vests.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www1.whdh.com...
Theres a video on this page also.

Authorities were tipped off by the suspect’s wife, a Cambridge psychiatrist, who told police that she was afraid to go home. She plans to file a restraining order.

“He made the following statements to her, ‘Don’t talk to people. Shoot them instead. It’s fine to shoot people in the head, because traitors deserve it,'” continued a prosecutor.

Girard rarely left the house, hoarded food and medication and warned those in adjoining apartments not to be alarmed by noises that sounded like gunfire, according to his neighbors.

He had even converted his third-story loft into a firing range, according to police.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
wbztv.com...

Gregory Girard, 46, was arrested Tuesday night after police received a report that he had explosive hand-grenade devices along with a stockpile of weapons and ammunition at his Bridge Street condominium.

"We ran to the window. That's when I saw SWAT teams around the house. I had no idea. It was scary," said Beverly Young, a neighbor.

Young and her son were evacuated while police searched Girard's home.

Police found approximately 20 weapons inside the home and thousands of rounds of ammunition for which Girard was licensed for.

Police also found a large collection of military camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bullet proof vests and helmets, stockpiles of medicine and nonperishable food products throughout the home. An indoor shooting range in the attack was also discovered.

So I guess his wife said he had hand-grenades so they got a search warrant.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This isn't a "oh we have a right to bear arms" issue. This is a man who truly believed the end of the world is coming so he felt the need to have all these weapons to defend himself. Sorry but anyone who has a large amount of tools of destruction and with the intention to harm others deserves to be locked up in an institution...or behind bars.

No big loss.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thousands of rounds, high powered rifles, bullet proof vests,
yet not a round fired.

Not sure where I'm going with this,
but sad, very sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
www.salemnews.com...

Inside the condo, police found six grenades, 11 rifles, two handguns, two bayonets, two Kevlar vests, two Kevlar helmets, six pairs of handcuffs, two billy clubs, two expandable batons, two flare guns and 17 military containers full of ammunition, which was still being counted, prosecutor Honor Segal told a judge.

They also discovered a shooting range set up in the attic storage area, which was littered with shell casings. Girard said he fires his .22-caliber rifle inside of that loft area and had installed a steel backstop.

Police found numerous other military-style items, including clothing, backpacks, knives, flashlights, batteries and radios through the home, along with large quantities of dried food stored in bags in the loft and the basement, according to a police report.

On Monday, Girard's wife, a psychiatrist, contacted police to express concern about her husband's increasing paranoia and apparent stockpiling of weapons, Segal said.

Kristine Girard told police that while her husband hadn't threatened her, she was afraid to return home after an argument.

She said her husband had recently told her, "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it," Segal said, reading from a police report.

The following day, an Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent contacted Manchester police about a tip they had received about grenades inside the condo. That tip came from a friend of Girard's wife.

Chief Glenn McKiel revoked Gregory Girard's Class A firearms license, and detectives applied for a search warrant.

Officers from the Cape Ann Response Team, the state police tactical operations team and the ATF set up outside the home and evacuated two other units in the condo.

Beares questioned whether any of the charges will hold up, suggesting that the grenades were actually just legal smoke bombs and that Girard has a right to use his gun inside his home.

He also questioned the authority of the court to hold Girard without bail, arguing that the charges are not among those for which prosecutors can seek a dangerousness finding.

Girard is facing charges of six counts of possessing an infernal machine (how the law refers to bombs and explosives), four counts of possessing a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

Judge Richard Mori granted Segal's request, ordering Girard held without bail at least until tomorrow's hearing.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Sorry if I've missed anyone else figuring this out, but what exactly is/are the charge(s) he is facing?

It can't be the legal possession of so many firearms, because that's obviously not a crime.

The only thing the article says was illegal was an indoor shooting range. Is that the only charge they're holding this guy on? Any other charges here?

Btw this is fascism. Just thought I would make that clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join