It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomaly #2 *Captured On Video* - The Flash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Look at the four frames on my previous post and see if you can see the same thing(s).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Look at the four frames on my previous post and see if you can see the same thing(s).

ArMaP.....

I am certainly doing that!

Again.....many thanks for your help

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
As the images are too big, I will post them just as links.
Frame 1727
Frame 1728
Frame 1729 (the one with the bright rectangle)
Frame 1730

If you are interested in it, here's the video.

Armap - thank you so much for that. I've only got a few minutes right now, but I had a quick look at the 'event' frame. I noted the following:

1. RGB values didn't tell me anything useful.

2. The object is VERY 'squared off',and perfectly aligned vertically and horizontally. Tends to suggest sensor/data issue.

3. The entire image has been sharpened - note the 2-3 pixel false 'halo' around the lunar 'limb' and even the logo.. The same effect occurs around the 'flash' meaning that it is showing at least some false data.

4. The brightest part of the 'flash' seems to measure 8 pixels in length, although that could be argued.. 8 pixels is the standard data 'boundary', which again tends to suggest sensor/data issue. Could be simple coincidence though.

In other words, can't really offer any conclusive comments so far, except to say it looks more like a data problem than anything real..

Here's a quick crop - very roughly done:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc8fd937ab07.jpg[/atsimg]

It has been highly magnified WITHOUT interpolation - showing the square pixels. ('Smoothed' magnified images have been interpolated and are showing more FALSE data - avoid!!) Normally I don't magnify images this much, but I think showing the pixels in this way is useful for this one.

(Note that the very tiny little bright flecks are a remnant of the roughshod way I created the arrows and text - whoops!)

I'll happily revisit this later when I have more time, and also examine whether the previous/next frames show any additional info.

Hope that helps..

[edit on 21-5-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Thanks mate.....

Very interesting!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
ArMaP or E1 do either of you know the name of the area in question?

I can't find any images of that area close up...

Cheers

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

According to NASA World Wind, that darker area behind the flash is Grimm crater.
(Or at least it's the closes reference, I think the crater it's a little to the east of that darker area).

[edit on 21/5/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Cheers.

notice something strange.... "KAGUYA taking around "Tsiolkovskiy" by HDTV [HD]"

....shouldn't it be spelled Tsiolkovsky ... I mean you'd THINK they'd get the name right, right?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
...shouldn't it be spelled Tsiolkovsky ... I mean you'd THINK they'd get the name right, right?

No, it shouldn't.

en.wikipedia.org...(crater)

www.astronautix.com...

..etc..

And YOU should do your homework first.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

...shouldn't it be spelled Tsiolkovsky ... I mean you'd THINK they'd get the name right, right?

No, it shouldn't.

www.astronautix.com...

..etc..

err wiki spells it Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Tsiolkovsky in google comes up About 358,000 results
Tsiolkovskiy " " " " About 10,100 results and asks "Did you mean Tsiolkovsky...

but I digress... I should be doing "homework"...

*edit to ad I just realized I miss pelt the name in my OP (egg meet face)
- so yes I spelled it wrong - my mistake P)

[edit on 22-5-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thank you for this post I found it very interesting and I too have always thought the Jaxa videos were a little odd, maybe it's just the type of camera they were using it does seem a little Comp. generated, but again I have never been to the moon so would never suggest that these are by any means fake. Just different to what I was originally hoping for when I heard they were releasing the footage.

As for the flash I have no idea what it could be but it's definately there so there's no denying it.

Just curious if anyone here has watched the moon rising documentary? You can view it on Youtube, it was my first taste of really believing that their may be more on the moon than what they were telling us.

Do you have or know of any other links to the far side of the moon, I have found a few but there isn't much out there which I thought was suprising.

Thanks again for these links.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IAM_MAI

Welcome and enjoy your stay - thanks

Yes I've witnessed a lot in this thread - mainly BS by whoever - saying it is this and that and every thing the horse and cart can drag in...

but one thing these 'people' REFUSE to accept is ...

THERE IS SOMETHING ON THE MOON AND IT AINT CHEESE

But - they know everything...

I hope you won't be put off by these 'types' and have a great time researching and hopefully adding constructive positive input.

**found a few images on google images (LARGE) if you type in Tsiolkovsky rather than Tsiolkovskiy you'll see them ...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by IAM_MAI

Welcome and enjoy your stay - thanks

Yes I've witnessed a lot in this thread - mainly BS by whoever - saying it is this and that and every thing the horse and cart can drag in...

watchZEITGEISTnow.....

Who's posts are BS?

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

No, it shouldn't.

www.astronautix.com...

..etc..

err wiki spells it Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Tsiolkovsky in google comes up About 358,000 results
Tsiolkovskiy " " " " About 10,100 results and asks "Did you mean Tsiolkovsky...

but I digress... I should be doing "homework"...

Sigh. It's an alternative spelling. The fact that there are *more* hits for the (less phonetic) other english spelling does not mean it is correct. What matters is what the crater is actually named.

Yes, we are talking about the CRATER, and the *crater entry* on Wiki uses the 'iy' ending, as per the governing bodies for naming of astronomical objects and features, the IAU and USGS.

Here's the actual entry from the USGS and IAU Gazetteer:

Name, Lat, Lon, Diam, Origin
Tsiolkovskiy, -21.2, 128.9, 185.0, Konstantin E.; Soviet physicist (1857-1935).

Quality beats quantity, as they say, and *that's* the sort of homework I meant. My point is that your implied criticism of JAXA is unwarranted - they used the correct, gazetted name.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

no. you are mistaken.

please admit your error...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.nasaimages.org...:Tsiolkovsky-Crater
grin.hq.nasa.gov...
genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov...
history.msfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

reply to post by CHRLZ

no. you are mistaken.

please admit your error...

Let's return to basics. One question at a time:

WHICH BODY is the RECOGNISED AUTHORITY for astronomical naming?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

The thing is I have sourced NASA - and now you are telling me THEY spell it incorrectly...

That is about all i can say to you - arguing this point is silly.

Don't troll me thanks.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by IAM_MAI

WatchZEITGEISTnow.....

Who's posting BS?

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by IAM_MAI

Yes I've witnessed a lot in this thread - mainly BS

WZN.....

You are starting to do behave like you do in most of your threads & you are really starting to p__s me off.

Everybody here is busting a gut to figure out what your dam flash is & all you can do is make snide remarks about how it's mostly BS.

So I ask you again.....

Who do you say is posting BS?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

If the crater has the name of the Russian scientist then it should be spelled Tsiolkovsky, because, as you can see, that's how his name is written in Russian: Константи́н Эдуа́рдович Циолко́вский.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

reply to post by CHRLZ

The thing is I have sourced NASA - and now you are telling me THEY spell it incorrectly...

That is about all i can say to you - arguing this point is silly.

Don't troll me thanks.

If you don't want people to correct you, or criticise you for making snide remarks about space agencies, then don't post incorrect information, or make the snide remarks.

And if you think I'm trolling, report me.

Here's what YOU said:
"...shouldn't it be spelled Tsiolkovsky ... I mean you'd THINK they'd get the name right, right?"

Are those not your words?

I pointed out the alternative spelling, and that the RECOGNISED BODIES for astronomical names, the International Astronomical Union and the USGS, both agree and list the crater's name as Tsiolkovskiy.

Read my lips - neither NASA, nor Google, nor your granny, or even Armap (sorry!) is the sanctioning body for crater names.

If you disagree with that, please cite your references. I've already cited the database entry from IAU/USGS. Here it is again, take a long hard look (looong page, scroll way down...):
USGS/IAU Gazetteer of Lunar Crater Names

Anyway, to RE-ITERATE, the iy and y endings are BOTH valid for general use, but the actual name of the crater is spelled, in English, as Tsiolkovskiy. You are correct that it isn't worth arguing, but the point is.. you are unwilling to admit you are wrong about the crater's officially sanctioned name, and Jaxa did NOT get the name wrong as you implied. They used the officially sanctioned name. THE OFFICIAL NAME OF THE CRATER IS TSIOLKOVSKIY.

Armap, I invite you too to check that link. USGS/IUA is the internationally accepted governing body for this stuff, whether or not the shorter spelling is more common.

And if this is just going to be a competition to post conflicting links, I can also post multiple NASA links using the same spelling as the crater, eg:

NASA - Tsiolkovskiy's Boulders
Sputnik Biographies--Konstantin E. Tsiolkovskiy (1857-1935)
PDF - NASA TECHNICAL TRANSLATION - Ideas of K. E. Tsiolkovskiy
NASA TECHNICAL REPORTS ABSTRACT - Works of K.E. Tsiolkovskiy...

The simple fact is, both spellings are in use. 'Tsiolkovsky' may be more common, but it is NOT the correct spelling of the crater's name.

I won't waste the forum's time and debate it further, my case is pretty clear... Jaxa was correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join