It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Freezes Wikileaks Account

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
“Wikileaks has probably produced more scoops in its short life than the Washington Post has in the past 30 years” — The National, November 19. 2009

We protect the world—but will you protect us?
(taken from __._)

Paypal has as of 23rd of January 2010 frozen WikiLeaks assets. This is the second time that this happens. The last time we struggled for more than half a year to resolve this issue. By working with the respected and recognized German foundation Wau Holland Stiftung we tried to avoid this from happening again — apparently without avail. We are working on resolving this issue as fast as possible. Please use our bank accounts for direct transfer in the meantime, or contact [email protected] for any further questions. WikiLeaks is not the only non-profit organization with this problem. This is a regular occurrence, that from our perspective should not be tolerated by the global community using this payment system.

Read the full article here

From __._:

Visit the site here.

Hi xxxx,

Paypal has lifted the freeze as of this afternoon. The funds seem to be accessible again. I assume they got quite some people complaining, so thanks for caring for us!

Best regards

WikiLeaks

Mod edit: Added response to my email in at the request of the OP.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hmm... I guess some [tptb/elite] don't want some information leaked out. But then again who knows what info is floating around and hasn't been leaked out yet. Maybe well find out, maybe not.

Probably not.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Garbage. I wanted to see them back up and running soon

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I have actually been shocked at the absence of justified anger and/or frustration from ATS members at the fact that wikileaks has been off line and unable to continue to deliver vital information unavailable anywhere else on the web.

Wikileaks is one of the very few sites accepting and releasing whistleblower and other sensitive information ... they singlehandedly exposed the thieving CoS, the Icelandic banks, and many many other corrupt organizations. Heck governments across the world are sleeping a little easier tonight knowing that their secrets are a little safer.

The fact that they are seemingly going into the good night without much of a fight or general outrage from truth-seekers saddens me to no end.

I actually donated some money through paypal, but it seems that the powers that be are determined to keep wikileaks off the net ... if there is such a thing as the NWO surely this is how they go about silencing the truth!

[edit on 24 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I agree, tptb are really putting a damper on everything now aren't they

But hey, it's nothing we haven't seen before, right?

I don't understand why someone just doesn't make a new website, doing exactly what wikileaks did/does... I mean I know the people operating the website, who have access to the files sent into them would have to be trusted, but I'm sure it could be done if the right people were to emerge and do it correctly.

I hope to see wikileaks up and running sooner than later.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And isn't it nice to know that paypal operates directly on their chain. To me this seems to mean people will have to save up for slightly bigger donations and money orders.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
EWWWW Paypal, ew.

Why did they have to go with paypal? There are other companies.

Paypal.

But yeah... this sucks.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Would it help if people just boycotted PayPal and sent an email to tell them why?

Just seems to me that the masses have more leverage than they realize and they are not using it to advantage.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They should go with Moneybookers. Paypal angers me. I was scammed on ebay by a guy that said he did not get my item. I had signature confirmation. I emailed other people he bought from, all expensive items, and he had it all reversed on his credit card. I lost $340 dollars and my item . Their seller protection is a joke. He tried to say it was left on the door and someone took it.
It also had insurance, I had an online signature. I still lost the case.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm really unsure how to respond...we need WikiLeaks, guys.

If the internet is going to change the world...we need WikiLeaks.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just think, Paypal can lend the money and earn interest on it. Time is money. Every second an organization doesn't have access to its funds while Paypal has frozen it, Paypal can make money on it.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It seems to me just the act of freezing their account is an admission that they are exposing criminal activity within the institutions of the world, and that they are getting closer to crippling them.

It's an admission of guilt. Frankly.

These are Nazi tactics to use to suppress whistle blowing. If you cannot discredit them, shut them down with force.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Everyone star and flag this thread, lets get this one to the top of the ATS front page.

This is extremely important. Wikileaks is one of our best weapons.

S+F

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Star & flag _ moderater help me out here. I come here every day to lurk, dont need to talk but I would like this to stay up. I hate paypal. They're sooo nazi. Boycot the bitches.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by out west]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Yep, paypal is a great convenience until somebody pulls a fast one on you. I got burned as well for a couple hundred dollars in a similar charge back scheme. Paypal confiscated my positive funds, and then suspended my account because I refused to be taken for more money.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree, this is way too important to let wither and die. Wikileaks is probably one of the most important elements of freedom on the net. Newspapers and journalists used to be the the go-to people as far as disclosure and such. Yet now the editors have too much power and decide what is printed.

Keep Wikileaks alive! Please go donate $3 or $10 or whatever! I just did, and I didn't use PayPal :-)

S+F

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm glad everyone is trying to help out, whether you have very little money or not. As said above, lets try and keep this thread alive so people can see it and hopefully help out as well. At the very least I think we should be sharing the OP with everyone so they can contribute if they can.

Like I said before, I think something is going on and some people (tptb) are worried that their secret(s) may get out. It may be something that happened recently, or this could all be a precaution for what may be coming in the near future.

I would keep a look out on any events that cause you to do a double take, and think about what it may be leading to or what said small event may actually mean, such as some hidden agenda. If I had to guess I'd say something is coming up in the near future, and to protect the people involved tptb got wikileaks shut down. That's just my opinion though. There is so much going on within the world at all times that you never know what is really going on, and with wikileaks we get a chance to find out the truth, with evidence to back it up.

Where are you going to see any sort of info wikileaks has provided within the MSM? No where (unless wikileaks already spilled the beans and the MSM is trying to cover it up somehow).

Spread the word everyone, and share the OP any way you can.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is a classic example of why I visit ATS, before this thread I had no idea about "Wikileaks.

Nor had I any idea about how paypal works

Thank you OP, well done S & F

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
A while ago, I came across several reports into Paypal, suggesting that it was initially bankrolled by Mafia Banks. You know, the banks set up by the Mafia to legitimately launder their illegal money.

Therefore, it stands to reason that the people behind Paypal would have undue influence in terms of scuppering potentially dangerous organisations like Wikileaks.

Paypal is evil, and should be boycotted. I don't use them simply because they are crooked - I see evidence of this on a daily basis.

Keep your wits about you folks.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Paypal is owned & operated by EBay. This issue has been on going for many years and there have been several lawsuits by customers who have their PP accounts frozen for literally no reason. Paypal was once a good internet based company but shortly after it's creation it went downhill by treating their account holders like crap. Paypal is NOT regulated or required to adhere to FDIC rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join