It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to take another look at UFOs in PA!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I have yet to see a commercial aircraft which has more than one strobe.

Well, then you lost all credibility with me, because almost all jet airliners have more than one strobe. Some have 5 strobes (both wingtips, tail, topside, underside).

If you don't believe me , then watch this video of planes landing at O'Hare airport:

* In the video, the plane at :35 seconds and onwards has at least 4 strobes: 2 on the wingtips, one on the tail and one on the underside. None of them are synchronized (none blink in unison).

* At 1:00 and onwards, the plane has 2 wingtip lights blinking in unison, with a tail strobe and an underside strobe that are not synchronized.

* At the 1:30 mark, the plane has at least 5 strobes -- 2 synchronized wingtip lights plus strobes on the tail, underside, and topside that are all not synchronized.

* Another multi-strobe plane at 2:00.

* At 2:40, a plane in the distance on the right (flying toward the right) has 2 strobes, both blinking in an non-synchronizes fashion.

According to FAA regulations, larger airliners will have more than one strobe, because of the "field of coverage" requirements (which I underlined in the FAA regulations below). To put it simply, larger planes need more than one strobelights.

Sec. 23.1401

Anticollision light system.

[(a) General. The airplane must have an anticollision light system that--]
(1) Consists of one or more approved anticollision lights located so that their light will not impair the flight crewmembers' vision or detract from the conspicuity of the position lights; and
(2) Meets the requirements of paragraphs (b) through (f) of this section.
(b) Field of coverage. The system must consist of enough lights to illuminate the vital areas around the airplane, considering the physical configuration and flight characteristics of the airplane. The field of coverage must extend in each direction within at least 75° above and 75° below the horizontal plane of the airplane, except that there may be solid angles of obstructed visibility totaling not more than 0.5 steradians.
(c) Flashing characteristics. The arrangement of the system, that is, the number of light sources, beam width, speed of rotation, and other characteristics, must give an effective flash frequency of not less than 40, nor more than 100, cycles per minute. The effective flash frequency is the frequency at which the airplane's complete anticollision light system is observed from a distance, and applies to each sector of light including any overlaps that exist when the system consists of more than one light source. In overlaps, flash frequencies may exceed 100, but not 180, cycles per minute.

Once again, Allison Kruse is showing us nothing more than planes and other earthly lights (street lights, house lights, etc.)

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
sso what exactly is a troll here expat? is it someone that disagrees with you and the crazy lady what films driveway lights from forests, and helicopters and claims they are really UFO's that morf into dogs or whatever. Or is it someone that goes out of their way to taunt and name call and generally piss everyone else off? becuase if the former is the case.. wow you have an army against you. If the latter is the case... get off this thread you troll.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Maybe thats because to her they ARE UFO's. She doesn't know what they are so therefore to her they are unidentified flying objects.
No reason to flame her because she calls a light a UFO..

Except that Ms. Allison is not simply calling them unidentified craft. She is explicitly claiming they are under non-human control.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You say people have been suckered into her "delusion". You are the one who calls it a delusion and I dare say you have not been there. I have not been there either, but you can bet next time I am in the states I will visit the area. Again I have communicated with another person who lives nearby who has also witnessed the same thing. I tend to believe people who are there and say what they have seen rather than someone like you who has not been there and has decided it is "mass delusion" I suppose the 1952 event over D.C. was also "mass delusion"?

I never said they were aliens from another planet. I have not a clue what the origin of the events are but I am convinced there is something unusual going on.

"MUFON" investigated. Oh yes the local MUFON guy apparently is the one who made a false copyright claim and got her first youtube account shut off. For several reasons, MUFON has lost all credibility with me..but that is my personal opinion.

I did make a mistake on the number of strobes, I was thinking of smaller private jet aircraft.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by expat2368]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You say people have been suckered into her "delusion". You are the one who calls it a delusion and I dare say you have not been there. I have not been there either, but you can bet next time I am in the states I will visit the area. Again I have communicated with another person who lives nearby who has also witnessed the same thing....

Many people mistake planes (especially the bright white non-blinking landing lights of planes) with UFOs. There are people on this board all the time mistaking airplane landing lights for UFOs.

Here's an example from yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
with this post by Phage that clear identifies the object in question (on that thread) as a plane:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just because multiple people can misidentify a plane as a UFO does not lend any more credence to the sighting.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Again I have communicated with another person who lives nearby who has also witnessed the same thing.

Well duh, as there are aircraft in the area of course they have seen them!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
MOD NOTE: Keep to the topic which is not about each other. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, even if you do not like it or agree with it. Do not call each other names such as troll, idiot and so on. Keep to the topic which is: Need to take another look at UFOs in PA!

Thank you.

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on January 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I did make a mistake on the number of strobes, I was thinking of smaller private jet aircraft.

Your drowning yourself with statements like this. Oh yeah, I saw what you typed before you edited it. You said, "I did make a mistake on the number of strobes, I was thinking of smaller ones".

Smaller ones? As opposed to bigger ones? Is that how you close your commercial airliner sales. I've got big planes and small planes.

Oh, back on topic.

No this does not need a second look. Didn't even need the first look.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
hey, i have years of detective work on this subject and more...( it all builds up to spiritual good vs evil....sort of biblically) and i'm a pilot, Alison is solid as a rock, give her a visit if you want to experience this. in the big picture, interdemensional travel is the top answer, the remedy for all the phenomens we see. the longer one has been around or involved, the clearer one sees. and i promis, it all boils down to biblical...thus spiritual. we don't fight against flesh, my friends, we fight against spirits. i read that somewhere cool.now get smart quickly, here it comes, Rexy

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Although I find her videos nothing more than hogwash, I also find it strange that some people who have something against her would want to shut her down.

I watched some of her videos and had a good chuckle over them, but i also do not see any harm in them. 95% of the stuff that gets posted here easily get explained away, but she seemed to infuriate some people for whatever reason.

I also highly doubt Mufon would try to file a copyright claim against her youtube account!LOL

Edit. I should add though that I heard she was shown to point lasers at the planes. That is just wrong on all accounts and if someone finds evidence of her doing that again should report her to the FAA

[edit on 24-1-2010 by deanorw]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Interesting.
Guess Youtube can't take a joke.
Whats their problem with lights in the sky.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The lady has used ATS herself and has some quite mundane videos of aircraft at night with and without night vision. The same lady can get quite tetchy if one has a non-UFO idea of her videos. Look up all her stuff on Youtube there is plenty there. If you are interested in UFO's as I am, her's is not the place to look.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm still not convinced. She does have some interesting videos and some very questionable material - but that's a small amount in between a lot of...well, nothing very interesting. If the videos were 3 minutes and just featured the most impressive bits, that would be great. But her videos are just far too long to be of any real interest to me.

If she pointed the camera up at the stars she'd capture something far more interesting. Things that move quickly are far more interesting than things that could be planes or helicopters.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant - I do enjoy news of whatever she's captured lately, and also the debates that follow - on cue

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by enca78
Everything to you people is always, planes, helicopters, hotair balloons satalites and now fireflies? Like wtf?

Well, that is all that is in the videos. I have looked through II for many many hours, and that is all that is being shown

Quite ignorant of a response IMO. You have no mre prpof that they are fireflies more than she has that they are alien craft or UFO's. I've never seen a firefly move in the manner that the first video shows and I see them every day in the warmer months here in TX.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't recall if she was going on about aliens or not but I'd let
her have her ideas if that's what she tended to.
I think she was just going on about the images she found.
They are her images and don't think people will change her mind.
I'd go somewhere other than alien but feel she had to eventually
figure out if she was filming a plane or not or if she was by an airport.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by enca78
Everything to you people is always, planes, helicopters, hotair balloons satalites and now fireflies? Like wtf?

Well, that is all that is in the videos. I have looked through II for many many hours, and that is all that is being shown

Quite ignorant of a response IMO. You have no mre prpof that they are fireflies more than she has that they are alien craft or UFO's. I've never seen a firefly move in the manner that the first video shows and I see them every day in the warmer months here in TX.

I'm not sure who said they were fireflies, but most of the discussion here is that these videos show airplanes and normal lights on the ground (i.e., house lights, street lights, etc.)...

...and, no -- I have no proof that they are airplanes and house lights, except that they look exactly like airplanes and houselights.

Edit to add:
OK, I found the person who mentioned "fireflies". Damian-007 said this:

Her videos are showing nothing more than Aeroplanes, Sattelites, Small animals, and maybe a few Fire Flies. That's it. She uses a cheap Russian Light Intensifier and calls everything that shows up in this scope, a UFO.
Everything he said is true. "UFOSinPA" (Alison Kruse) has had videos before of birds and insects shown in "nightvision" and called them UFOs.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

i have to agree there is something fishy about all 4 videos, and her

others. i have a russian cheapie nightvision - hers is better - but

artifacts abound, and you have to admit many of the objects are out

of focus. The orbs fly away when you get near them, huh? Then

film that! video one as you walk towards it and show it fly away.

About 50% look like aircraft through the trees. I grew up in central

PA and there are plenty of small airports that you don't have to be

within more than 10 miles of to have small craft buzz you frequently.

I would recommend filming with a FLIR scope - currently i have

one hardmounted in my car bumper for nightvision so doing that would be tricky...

but im sure someone has a handheld FLIR with SD storage (ie., a plumber or home

inspector) that could go out there and shoot away.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh great. Another UFO thread where the vids presented don't have UFOs. This is one of the reasons I don't bother even looking at UFO vids uploaded to YouTube. Too many clever people out there with CG skills and too many lunatics recording footage of regular airliners.

Oh well. Props to the OP for not naming the thread "COMPELLING UFO FOOTAGE!"

This is getting so, so very tiresome.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My brother in law lives outside of Harrisburg, and he also saw an orb taking off in the distance, but there is a military complex in that area. So we didn't take it too seriously, even though it was quite spectacular that he and his friend saw it happening.

From watching the videos in this thread, I'd say they'd be excellent machines for the military to use in war zones. The radar doesn't detect them, and they are quiet.

I'd understand if the military was testing their new flying object in that area, but I don't see why ETs would be interested in visiting that area. It's completely dead out there. Although, there are some hillbillies in that area that probably have no ID, so if they were abducted, no one would miss them

I'm not debunking, just thinking about the possibilities of these not being UFOs

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You say people have been suckered into her "delusion". You are the one who calls it a delusion and I dare say you have not been there. I have not been there either, but you can bet next time I am in the states I will visit the area.

It doesn't matter whether I have been there or not. If the videos are enough evidence for you to determine something is going on, then it is enough evidence for myself and others to determine nothing is happening.

I suppose the 1952 event over D.C. was also "mass delusion"?

You're making an Appeal to Emotion fallacy. The DC event has nothing to do with this.

I never said they were aliens from another planet. I have not a clue what the origin of the events are but I am convinced there is something unusual going on.

You're equivocating.

"MUFON" investigated. Oh yes the local MUFON guy apparently is the one who made a false copyright claim and got her first youtube account shut off.

There is no evidence of that. There is just as much evidence it was Allison and her ilk.

For several reasons, MUFON has lost all credibility with me..but that is my personal opinion.

Because they don't agree these are aliens, MUFON is not credible.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join