It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

A 13 year old boy, named Gentill Abdulla, has said that he has a time machine plan that is going to work. I have personally met him and he is an extremely bright boy. Gentill says that his ingenious plans can allow time travel to be possible. He told me: "I have done a lot of research on the areas of black holes, time travel, wormholes, magnetism, light, and most importantly gravity. I have devised an experiment that if done correctly could allow time travel".

Here is the theory:

If you had magnets in front of each other and had one beam of blue light that had been traveling for thousands of years and put that in the middle of these two magnets then turned on lasers on each magnet, and the side they are pointing makes the magnets face each other, and when the magnets are heated have eight smaller magnets on each magnet and make those magnets so that they would repel the big magnet.

Then move all these magnets toward the plastic magnet so it will compress it on all sides so it will become smaller than it's Schwarzschild radius.

After this is done the magnets both should become black holes. Since they are facing each other their gravities will act and join these black holes together. There will still be a singularity but it will be magnetic.

Now you make a device, that I have also made, that will split the singularity into a ring. This device will make a hole in the singularity. Since the string is no longer there, the magnets will expand enough to make the singularity into the ring.

You will know if it works because you will be able to see the other side of the hole from the entrance. Since the beam of light is old and the light beam is what is creating the effect, you will be able to go back to when that beam of light was first made.

So through this it will make a traversable wormhole. The negative energy really won't be negative energy because since the smaller magnets are repelling the singularity, it will push it outward in the opposite way or just rotate the 2 magnets from the beginning so you don't have that problem.

Source: CNN iReport

Source

Mod Edit: Added Source and "ex" tags. Please don't simply copy and paste material from other sites. Please add your own thoughts and/or opinions.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Did you see the thread where they supposedly tied light into a knot?

You do realise this amounts to riding a beam of light back into the past?

Wheather or not the theory is even applicable, it sounds very cool.

I hope you don't mind

[edit on 19-1-2010 by randyvs]

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ah , I see alot of Holes in that Theory ........

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Umm....yeaaaah....not so sure about this one.

I think humanity will "transcend biology"(Raymond Kurzweil) before we ever time travel....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
if this is really true then expect to never hear anything more about it as the technology will be taken/co-opted by governments. thats if they dont already have their own time travel devices

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
He's wasting his Childhood with Time Travel.. Can't he find something better to do at his age? Really, Time Travel? Can't he come up with something really useful like Perpetual Motion? What about Free Energy or even develope Dark Matter?

Gosh I hate it when some KID is much, Much more intelligent than me.. Little Smart Asses...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Of course... it all makes perfect sense now. Why didn't I think of that before?
Sheesh!

IRM

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Why does it have to be blue light? Where do you find a beam of blue light that has been traveling for "thousands of years"? Does the blue beam of light have to be large enough to walk through? What is a plastic magnet? These are questions that come to mind for me, a layman(not a theoretical physicist).

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thats exactly what I was thinking why can't it be 'red light' or 'green with silver speckles' light why blue? seems a little lightist to me !

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Interesting atleast..
Not sure if I understand completely but, if people are talking more and more about it, it's because it will eventually happen one day! And more people are interested in this subject everyday!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
to be honest we can already time travel but only for a faction of a second. ie forward thinking ie what your going todo next like pick up a pen touch a blade of grass this is actually a form of time travel their was a big documentory about this on bbc2 last year. as for boucning across vastgaps of time i Hardly think where anyplace close to that yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Somebody has pumped this kid full of it.
The internet is home to a lot of wackos and just because it is at CNN doesn't make it wackoproof.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The Norway Spiral anyone?

Oh, and LHC etc spring instantly to mind.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start...

1. Do a quick Google search on Gentill Abdulla and you'll quickly see that he is a "self-proclaimed genius"... There are no actual physicists that backs him up on his ideas.
2. Looking at some of his interactions on discussion boards such as this one you'll find that he's missing a few concepts about science and he also have a few misconceptions when it comes to the stuff he actually knows something about.
3. His theory is full of holes, such as mentioned above. Surely he must give an explanation as to why he wants to use blue light. And why it has to be 1,000 years old. Why not 999 years. Or 1,001? (And good luck finding a light source like that.)
4. The idea that black holes = time travel is popular science fiction.

And so on...

The bottom line is that it's a young boy with make-believe ideas. Which is a good thing. Some of our greatest minds began their best work at young ages. At this point our friend theory is a far fetched fantasy.

On a side note, a diagram to help explain his theory...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
... just because it is at CNN doesn't make it wackoproof.

Remeber that iReport is written by members of the public, not "real journalists". If I was to make a guess, I'd say that the boy posted the article(s) on iReport himself...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

to be honest we can already time travel but only for a faction of a second. ie forward thinking ie what your going todo next like pick up a pen touch a blade of grass this is actually a form of time travel their was a big documentory about this on bbc2 last year. as for boucning across vastgaps of time i Hardly think where anyplace close to that yet.

I think if it is ever acheived it will only involve the mind,( consciousness) and not the physicality.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This all just seems like an extension on the Titor story and seems to have a few Titorites raising their heads up again.
Wouldnt suprise if it was all a fabrication or just some kid who still really believes that Titor was real, hence why his machine will work.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I actually think that time travel will involve ley lines and crystals moreso than blue lights and magnets, but then again the Philadelphia experiment did use magnetism, so who knows maybe they caught a beam of this blue light???

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mmm.

This was quite interesting. But i wonder if he thought about if the black hole would compress the energy back to its past existence/reality. If not he wouldn't see much of the past.

The past is a reality that doesn't exist anymore. And the future is a expansion that hasn't happened yet.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I gotta tell you, i don't know ANYTHING on this subject - but, besides that it was really hard to read, because he wrote 'magnets' 11 times in the first 2 sentences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join