It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Year old boy has Time Machine plan that works

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

Then move all these magnets toward the plastic magnet so it will compress it on all sides so it will become smaller than it's Schwarzschild radius.

Where's the energy coming from to compress the magnets? Major hole in his theory - therefore it isn't even conceptually possible on paper.

For anyone who isn't familiar with the physics:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is a characteristic radius associated with every quantity of mass. It is the radius of a sphere in space, that if containing a correspondingly sufficient amount of mass (and therefore, reaches a certain density), the force of gravity from the contained mass would be so great that no known force or degeneracy pressure could stop the mass from continuing to collapse in volume into a point of infinite density: a gravitational singularity (colloquially referred to as a black hole). The term is used in physics and astronomy, especially in the theory of gravitation, and general relativity.

The Schwarzschild radius of an object is proportional to the mass. Accordingly, the Sun has a Schwarzschild radius of approximately 3 km[3], while the Earth's is only about 9 mm, the size of a peanut. That is, if all the mass of the Sun (or Earth) were contained in a sphere with a radius of 3 km (or 9 mm for the Earth), then the volume of the Sun (or Earth) would continue to collapse into a singularity, due to the force of gravity.

An object smaller than its Schwarzschild radius is called a black hole. The surface at the Schwarzschild radius acts as an event horizon in a non-rotating body. (A rotating black hole operates slightly differently.) Neither light nor particles can escape through this surface from the region inside, hence the name "black hole". The Schwarzschild radius of the (currently hypothesized) supermassive black hole at our Galactic Center would be approximately 7.8 million km.

So this isn't a theory, it's a speculative idea.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Was it Kaku that said, "if time travel is invented in the future, then where are they all?"

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start...

1. Do a quick Google search on Gentill Abdulla and you'll quickly see that he is a "self-proclaimed genius"... There are no actual physicists that backs him up on his ideas.
2. Looking at some of his interactions on discussion boards such as this one you'll find that he's missing a few concepts about science and he also have a few misconceptions when it comes to the stuff he actually knows something about.
3. His theory is full of holes, such as mentioned above. Surely he must give an explanation as to why he wants to use blue light. And why it has to be 1,000 years old. Why not 999 years. Or 1,001? (And good luck finding a light source like that.)
4. The idea that black holes = time travel is popular science fiction.

And so on...

Shhhh, don't say it out loud. Or at least don't tell the kid... Maybe he will pull it off...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

"Block Time theory" ?
Is this what you are suggesting ?
en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy_of_time)

[edit on 19-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Hmmm

there is a ton of evidence that it is possible which is why serious physicist entertain the idea.

Looks like you are confusing ideas with evidence. -5

And i do enjoy endusing seizures in small minded folks aswell, thanks for noticing my great avatar. . .

[edit on 19-1-2010 by constantwonder]

You cant even spell inducing correctly and call me small minded. I am so small minded that I disappeared your profile picture from my screen .06 seconds after I mentioned it being annoying.

It's like I traveled back in time and prevented you from putting it up.

So genius, if time travel is possible, and time is infinite, where are the time travelers from the future?

They dont exist because time travel is impossible. Most people like you confuse Back To The Future "type" time travel with what is actually space travel or traveling faster than light.

Bending light wont bend time or enable you to travel through it. Otherwise gravitational lenses would be time portals, and so would every other clump of matter.

You have failed to even prove time exists let alone the ability to travel in it. Time is a one way street. No matter what you do to light.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
How can they say the plan works if it hasnt been tested in any way ??

... Though it wouldn't surprise me for a finding of this magnitute to come from a completely obscure source.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

There are many, many sources for 'Blue light, that has been travelling for thousands of years'...just look up at the night sky. Our telescopes have been capturing and amplifying blue starlight since one first looked at the stars.

Most of this light has been travelling hundreds of millions of years, before hitting the lens of a scope..or the lens of an eye.

Not sure where the plastic magnet came from though..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Perhaps backwards travel is limited in scope?

Maybe the max reverse travel is 10 years..a month or a day..who knows...

In any case, i suspect you wouldn't spot a traveller anyway, even right in front of you.

I'd expect an element of cultural blending and overall low profile from a traveller so as not to change the natural course of history or natural flow of the culture being observed or visited.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Did you just imply time does not exist ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
reply to post by watcher73

Did you just imply time does not exist ?

In that post. Earlier I came right out and said it doesnt.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You should probably stay in school, read a book or something.
Theory of relativity, You ever hear of it ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You should probably stay in school, read a book or something.
Theory of relativity, You ever hear of it ?

Sure have.

Can you capture a bit of time and show it to us for empirical observation?

Or is just a construct of the observer?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

3. His theory is full of holes, such as mentioned above. Surely he must give an explanation as to why he wants to use blue light. And why it has to be 1,000 years old. Why not 999 years. Or 1,001? (And good luck finding a light source like that.)

It doesn't matter how old the beam of light is. He said that the time travel device can open a "wormhole" that would theoretically bring you back to the time that the light beam originated in. The beam of light is being used as a tool to get to a certain time. So perhaps one could use a beam of light from a distant star (im sure there are blue beams of light from distant stars) that has been travelling for thousands of years to reach earth. I wonder though does his time machine bring you through time only or does it also bring to the point in space where the light beam originated? This would cause a conundrum as you would only be able to visit the star where the beam came from and you may be vapourised as soon as you exit the wormhole (as the beam originated in a star).

Thats my two cents anywho.

P.S. Good on ya for linking Boards.ie UP IRELAND lol

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

I am impressed even if the theory has some big holes in it. Hope this kid becomes a Sci-Fi author, if he can think of elaborate plans like this regardless of whether they are feasible it represents considerable creative talent.

Keep on using that imagination kid, don't let the naysayers squelch your enthusiasm and drive to learn about the Universe and come up with ideas.

Certainly there must be an easier way to time travel though, wormholes, super magnets, strands of ancient light, back in my day all you needed was a Delorean, Flux Capacitor and Mister Fusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Someone needs to do something, this kids a witch. Where are those cops who taze kids? Sure could use on of those right now. Kid's a witch I tell ya.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
milkmustache is now my hero .. maybe they greatest post on the internet is right there folks.

Watcher, I heard the if you can't see it, it is not real ideas before and just whatever

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We just know it works because it's obviously been tested and the results confirmed.

Oh, wait. That's right.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Double post, durrhh

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Romantic Rights]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it.
To think of some 13 year old has it all thought out is a little far fetched for me.
Are his experiments documented? Does he have actual results?

Sounds like the biggest "IF" I've ever heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

milkmustache is now my hero .. maybe they greatest post on the internet is right there folks.

Watcher, I heard the if you can't see it, it is not real ideas before and just whatever

I asked a question too. Care to try answering it? Or is "havent you heard of relativity" and "whatever" the only answers you're able to give?

Maybe you should stay in school or read a book or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join