It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myleene Klass warned after brandishing knife to deter intruders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Btw, I'm not American, Canadian.

Where did anyone mention you being American?

I'm confused?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The point is that I understand the workings in the UK. The Mother country is part of it. As are you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

The point is that I understand the workings in the UK. The Mother country is part of it. As are you.

Ahhh ok, got ya

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by bigyin

My point is that the focus in the article was a "known" person. And how did the coppers know that she did this? Would peeping Toms call the police and dime themselves out? Just doesn't make sense. Btw, I'm not American, Canadian.

I thought the same thing for about a split second but then it occured to me that there would be no article if this happened to Joe Smith. No one would care that the police warned Joe Smith not to wave knives at kids. I do not think the issue is what made it newsworthy but the victim that did and that is why we are reading about it.

Think about it, people do get arrested for assaulting intruders in their own homes, there is an example in this thread. We are not all talking about those case or posting articles about those cases. That does not mean they do not happen or that hers is fake. It just means someone cares more what a model/performer/famous person/whatever she is has to complain about that regular people.

My nephew loves some girl on Nickelodeon tv. He knows she loves watermelon bubble gum. Thousands of people know she like watermelon bubblegum. My nephew likes it too. 3 people know that. Why? When he told teen whatever magazine what kind of gum he liked, they said "who are you?" See what I am getting at? Just my take.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A little video which states that Myleene was Aghast after police gave her her warning.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Lillydale

Cool. That makes sense. Possible. However, why did this "warning" get into the news at this time? When there's important legislation being proposed at this time that is related? How many "warnings" are given out in a day? Why did this one make the news?

Ahh see there, I can only go on American media and I can tell you that there is plenty of important stuff to report about right now. As I look at the television, I see one of Tiger Woods' mistresses. Looking at two current magazines on the floor, I see Brittney and her new Bikini body and an article about the Kardashian girls new workout tape. These are not tabloids either. It aint Time magazine on my floor but still. We have one newspaper in the city I live in. Every day on page 2, the top half is nothing but celebrity tidbits that matter very little, even if you care about the person usually. It certainly is not out of lack or real things to report or discuss but that is the States. I have no idea how things like that roll over there. Sorry if my opinions are all way off base then for being from the states. We are notoriously celebrity starved.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

You are very correct. I know that in the states (where I live) deadly force is only deemed 'appropriate' if you are actually physically attacked. I think there might be some gray areas, with regards to how the prosecuting attorney in your area chooses to pursue the case, but just because they are on your property doesn't give you carte blanche to light 'em up.

Sorry I missed this. It does all seem to really end up working out in court as it is so ill defined. We just had a case of a many shooting a kid in his driveway. Apparently the kids were breaking into cars and the man went outside with his gun and shot the kid. The surrounding communities had mixed feelings about it as details of the circumstances were muddled in the media. He did get off but it was tight and it cost him money.article Not a risk I want to take. That being said...

But still, if someone comes on my property and is threatening my son or my family with bodily harm, then I'm going to defend him with force. Deadly force, if need be.

Thanks for the response!

I am fairly certain, given my past actions in life that I would act first and worry about the law later if I truly perceived a threat against myself or my family. I am with you there 100%.

It sucks knowing it may end us up in jail or cost a fortune or just ruin some lives but hey...don't peep in my windows or break into my car at night and we should all be fine, right?

edit to add link to article.

[edit on 1/10/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
another victory for the "PC Brigade" then i see ! In these times any legislation that makes us feel safer in our own homes has to be a good thing

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by bigyin

In the US those politicians who push for these laws for disarmament and to punish defense of self and property generally believe the very laws they write and pass don't apply to them.

Chicago is an example of an area in te US where lawful gun ownership is absurdly difficult. To the point that it is essentially a de facto ban.

A couple of years ago there were a string if the same city legislators who pushed for the disarmament laws being caught with illegal guns in their homes and ontbeir person.

The excuse they had was "I will not be defenseless."

PoliticiAns honestly believe they are a superior class. An oligarchy of gods chosen people.

Voters need to realize this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The police are just spreading lies to stop people becoming vigilantes.

Basically, they are saying you can't yield a kitchen knife in the kitchen, utter tosh.

Also, Tony Martin was repeatedly robbed and went to the police on many occasions; he got so pissed off he stood behind a door with a shot-gun and went to town on them, when they came back for the umpteenth time. The law saw this as pre-meditated, but he got so irate with the police doing nothing.

This is a word of warning for anyone - if you find an intruder kill them outright and make sure it's done from the front. This is why the Asian guys got banged up for 3 years, because they smashed his skull with a cricket bat but had dragged him back to the house. If they pretended it all happened in-situ, they would have got away with it.

Here's what to do if you get arrested, innocent or guilty (written by a copper). tl;dr - DO NOT SPEAK TO POLICE.

Here's an interesting blog about the OP case.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I heard a story once about someone who was in a similar situation, and put a kitchen knife in the thief's hand after the fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

In the UK it's not only illegal to defend your property, it's illegal to protect your LIFE. Glad I don't live there because I can't afford to hire bodyguards for myself. They're only one step away from exhuming the victims of murder to put them on trial for harming the culprits by inflicting guilt upon them. When you let them take your guns they figured they would go ahead and take everything else as you have seen. They will NEVER disarm America without a great deal of bloodshed, i know that much.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
[
Sorry I missed this. It does all seem to really end up working out in court as it is so ill defined. We just had a case of a many shooting a kid in his driveway. Apparently the kids were breaking into cars and the man went outside with his gun and shot the kid. The surrounding communities had mixed feelings about it as details of the circumstances were muddled in the media. He did get off but it was tight and it cost him money.

You wouldnt be talking about the guy in Richmond , virginia would you ?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

[
Sorry I missed this. It does all seem to really end up working out in court as it is so ill defined. We just had a case of a many shooting a kid in his driveway. Apparently the kids were breaking into cars and the man went outside with his gun and shot the kid. The surrounding communities had mixed feelings about it as details of the circumstances were muddled in the media. He did get off but it was tight and it cost him money.

You wouldnt be talking about the guy in Richmond , virginia would you ?

No, I went back and attached an article afterwords, sorry. Rochester, NY.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
So are you saying that in your country you are not allowed to defend your property?

I don't understand that at all. I'm not a violent person, but if someone comes onto my property with the intent to harm....I'm breaking out the guns. And I won't be shooting to wound, either.

Seems like the laws actually hinder the citizens more than they do the criminals!

If you live in the U.S. you better be real careful who you shoot and why. I live in the states and if someone walks in here and takes my television in front of me and walks out. I can have him arrested for robbery. If I kill him as he is attempting to take my tv and not obviously trying to kill me, there is a real good chance of me doing time for manslaughter. The U.S. is not much better in some states.

You live in the wrong state there. Move to Florida or Texas.
And besides. How are you supposed to know the guy stealing your tv doesn't have a knife/gun or will rape/kill you when he realizes someone is home.

just now in the news a lady was killed because she went to go get blankets from storage. all because they wanted her purse.

if i was on the jury in a case where someone defended their property. I would return not guilty or nullify.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You live in the wrong state there. Move to Florida or Texas.

I live in the wrong state for a LOT of reasons. Gun control falls to the bottom. Mainly because NY gives us plenty of other things to worry about instead.

And besides. How are you supposed to know the guy stealing your tv doesn't have a knife/gun or will rape/kill you when he realizes someone is home.

No argument here, trust me. I never said I supported this, just that is what is up.

just now in the news a lady was killed because she went to go get blankets from storage. all because they wanted her purse.

if i was on the jury in a case where someone defended their property. I would return not guilty or nullify.

I would hope so too. The reason I posted the recent case where the gentleman got off was because it was such a coup. He went outside to shoot a kid breaking into cars on the street. It was reported that one of the two shots went into the kids back. It seemed pretty cut and dry that NY was going to tell him he should have stayed the hell inside. He got off though so that just goes to show that even the courts are confused by the laws and luckily we do have jury trials where I would hope someone like you and myself could have all the facts and see a person is simply defending themselves and let them off for that. It is muddy when it really happens to people you know and everyone has a different story, different details.

I am not sure I will always be running outside to chase everyone off but I am pretty sure that I will be saying "He tried to kill me with my television so I had to shoot him 7 times in the back. He was trying to turn fast and whip me with the power cord so I had to protect myself."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

IMO you have every right to defend your property by any means neccessary.... i saw the headline a few days ago and thought 'well done' .

Mind you if someone got into my property with a gun and all i had was a knife i'd have to admit defeat.... because a gun can be fired from range!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just found an old but interesting article on this kind of thing...the paragraph where it states that a burglar could actually sue a homeowner if they hurt themselves climbing over the fence actually makes me hate this government even more.

Have also heard that the official police stance on muggers is as follows: let them have what they ask for.....sends out a great message doesn't it?!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by snowgirl

Folks should try mugging the government. See if they give you what you ask for

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Moral of the story: whatever actions you take to defend your life or property...
NEVER CALL THE POLICE TO TELL THEM ABOUT IT!

If you can deal with the intruder yourself, you can deal with the clean up yourself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join