It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2010

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Mr. Lee

I welcomed you on the EQ thread, but I will do it here too! It is an honor to have you here at ATS and I look forward to your knowledge and input.

Your prediction is definately cause for concern and I imagine would be quite catastrophic. Could you maybe explain the potential damage and also what method you refer to for stopping the lava flow??

Thanks in advance...

welcome welcome and please by all means post here often as im now looking forward to you insight

In reference to Iceland...I haven't been following this very close lately. Are there really true indicators to something happening soon now?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

These events will lead up to an eruption and lava filling up this crater by November 2010 and moving East ward to Hilo the capital city on the Big Island of Hawaii. The lava will make its way to Hilo Bay around December 25, 2010 if not stopped. There is only one way to stop this flow.
reply to post by Mr. Lee

Welcome to ATS Mr Lee

How do you stop a flow of lava? I am extremely interested in your prediction.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mr. Lee here;

Lava has been stopped in Hawaii's history twice by the intervention of human beings. Both are my Kuliana
ohana. The first being Kamehameha I in the eruption of the Volcano Hualalae in 1800.
The second by my cousin Princess Ruth when Halemaumau erupted in 1882.
On both accounts this was a spiritual intervention due to the fact the volcano goddess known as Madame Pele is 14th great grandmother of Kamehameha I, and 12th great grandmother of Princess Ruth and my 19th great grandmother through our common ancestor Queen of the Big Island in the 1700's Kalanikauleleiaiwi.

The Question about Iceland's volcano erupting now it is connected threw our eclipses on this side of the earth it is very cyclically connected to our ring of fire on the South Pacific South American side of the subduction zone system 10 yrs ago I mapped the events out.

Aloha from Hawaii in Ewa Beach Oahu,
Michael Kumukauoha Lee

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Lee

Sorry I did not intend to tie a knot in the thread with my last statement.

Mr. Lee

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Lee

Mr Lee,

I don't see a knot

I think your ancestry is fascinating. I believe you are a special guy.

Is it true that human sacrifices were made to Pele a long time ago?

I am keeping one eye on the sun and one eye on Hawaii

third eye on the rest of the world

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Klyuchevskoy volcano spews 9 kilometer-high ash columns

Oct 24, 2010 22:54 Moscow Time

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef4043a5b849.jpg[/atsimg]
The Klyuchevskoy volcano on Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia’s Far East, is spewing columns of ash from its crater to a height of up to nine kilometers, with ash plumes stretching in different directions from the restive mountain for hundreds of kilometers. In the past 24 hours seismologists have registered no less than 100 underground vibrations at the site.
Source: english.ruvr.ru...

Good idea for this thread topic.

Anyway, I didn't even know of this one. Saw it this AM on the Russian news. I think something BIG is about to happen-Worldwide.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted but here it is anyway.
www.abc.net.au...
Print Email Share
Indonesia on volcano red alert
By Indonesia correspondent Matt Brown

Posted 1 hour 46 minutes ago

Indonesian officials have issued a red alert, warning that the nation's most active volcano could be about to erupt.

Officials have ordered thousands of people to evacuate a 10-kilometre ring around Mount Merapi in central Java.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I was also reading somewhere that Taal was becoming active with the main crater (which i have been up to)being closed off ,i will try to find the report.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
merapi in indonesia is also erupting again now....

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Not the greatest of quality but heres a Merapi cam

enjoy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Can anyone say if the volcano in the sea in indonesia (recently discovered) showing any signs of activity?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I just read about the quakes - was not aware the volcano was on red alert. Thanks for the update.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

you mean this one? far away from the recent EQ :-)

www.aolnews.com...

BTW..Italy has an much bigger one under sea...

Mt. Marsili, which rises 9,800 feet (3,000 meters) from the seabed in the Tyrrhenian Sea southwest of Naples, is capable of producing huge tidal waves along southern Italy if its activity ever does build to an eruption. According to the researchers, "Il Marsili'" is about 40 miles (65 km) long and 25 miles (40 km) wide. The experts said its tip was only 1,640 feet (500 metres) below the surface of the water.

edit on 25-10-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just for your information folks you need to update your bookmarks if you follow the Eruptions! web site as it has moved.

New address

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Live streaming of Indonesian TV covering the eruption here:

www.metrotvnews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's erupting.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
Live streaming of Indonesian TV covering the eruption here:

www.metrotvnews.com...

I have been watching the webcam the last hour which is early morning there now I think and all of a sudden the cam has gone black now turning to black/grey. Did this thing just blow sending a pyroclastic flow towards the cam, if so how far is the cam from the volcano? Can only hope for all the poor people on the slopes of this thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hmm merapi capable of VEI 4.............

www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Merapi shows different eruption characteristic

www.thejakartapost.com...

The Yogyakarta Volcanic Investigation and Development Center (BPPTK) Subandrio said Thursday that Mount Merapi had shown a different kind of eruption characteristic as compared to previous types.

Subandrio explained that Mt. Merapi used to be a non-explosive volcano, which led to a slow eruption that expelled lava as what happened in 2006. However, on Tuesday afternoon, the volcano characteristic turned into an explosive which prompted a direct blast of hot ashes, he said.

The vertical direct blast reached 1.5 kilometers in to the sky, which was the first time that had occurred with Merapi, he added.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thanks Halimun for directing me from the Merapi thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...) to here;
theindonesiatoday.com...
to let us know the 8 volcanoes status have been raised to level II; "The eight volcanoes are: (1) Mount Sinabung, in Karo, North Sumatera; (2) Mount Talang, Solok, West Sumatera; (3) Mount Anak Krakatau, Lampung (Child of Krakatau Volcano); (4) Mount Papandayan, Garut, West Java; (5) Mount Slamet, Tegal, Central Java; (6) Mount Dieng, Wonosobo, Central Java; (7) Mount Semeru, Lumajang, East Java; and Mount Bromo, Probolinggo, East Java, detik.com reported on Friday."
Worth keeping a vigilant eye on. I hope some people on here can give us some background on these volcanoes.

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join