It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking movie depicting what happens in Iran prisons on a daily basis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

No it still counts, just because bad things are happening in america or europe does not mean we are forbidden to speak of other bad things happening in other nation.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

No one's forbidding it, of course not

It's just that when put in perspective, the atrocities occurring in Iran are just par for the course and so reluctantly accepted generally that perhaps Iranian atrocities (real, exaggerated, contrived or otherwise) are not considered any more extraordinary than atrocities occurring all over the globe as we speak

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Au contraire, it doesn't "represents a part of a truth"; it's fabricated film making; that's why it's erked a few people.

It's a reconstruction based on the witnesses - both victim and oppressor.
There's been reconstructions of Guantanamo based on witnesses.

I understand your concern, but you have to admit, it's misleading, both in title and premise.

No it isn't at all. The title is quite clear, and it was changed accordingly when the owner of the youtube account also changed the title.

I created a thread about US cops and their shenanigans, that shows real footage. It's long and is from a researcher who had the balls to try to file a complaint to test procedure and their silent code of corruption.

So what is the problem with having a thread to discuss this issue, and another thread to discuss the issues with US cops. Personally I would trust more US cops than I would trust ANY revolutionary guard currently working for the regime.

Whether it's Iranian, Chinese or cushy UK prisons like Wandsworth, there must be atrocities everyday. Here's an ex-convicts account of how he was raped and speaks of other goings on in prisons. Number one rule: "never borrow anything in prison, EVER".

But we musn't be apologetic towards this torture chamber that belongs in the medieval era. I'm sure the Chinese prisons are just as bad or perhaps worse, but I don't have any eyewitness evidence of Chinese prisons to document because I haven't had the time to look into that yet. However you don't have any evidence of torture chambers in US or UK prisons. If all ya' got is rogue cops to compare, and you just ignore the whole context by posting it here as an equivalent evil, then you're only acting as an apologist for the regime. I'm not going to act as an apologist for the rogue US cops or any criminal for that matter.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

It's just that when put in perspective, the atrocities occurring in Iran are just par for the course and so reluctantly accepted generally that perhaps Iranian atrocities (real, exaggerated, contrived or otherwise) are not considered any more extraordinary than atrocities occurring all over the globe as we speak

Even if the witness acounts are half true, that still leaves us with thousands of rape & torture victims. Torture victims are less likely to come forward than exagerrate their story, because of the high possibily of further torture by the regime if they speak out. Iran has been a fear driven society and people will be embarrased by their torture, and especially the sexually abused women. And unlike the west, not everyone would be as willing to give their own account of their time inside evin prison, as they may not be anyone who they trust. The worst crimes committed in evin are likely to be worse than the examples in this thread, rather than these examples (whether a written or spoken account, or a reconstructed version of it) being exagerrated.

Are we to ignore the evidence given by former guards, former basij, former prisoners on the false assumption that all have exaggerated, even though they all paint exactly the same picture. With this many witnesses coming forward, I would accept that extreme crimes against humanity have been committed regardless of the country.

There aren't many atrocities in the 21st century that compare to the atrocities committed in evin prison, especially when you take into account the fact that these students have only protested peacefully. This is exactly what the regime has done anytime a student has dared to protest or speak out, whether in 1999 or 2009:

Iran student protests, July 1999

Iranian Student Protests of July, 1999 (Also known as 18th of Tir and Kuye Daneshgah Disaster (Persian: فاجعه کوی دانشگاه) in Iran) (7–13 July[1]) were, at that time, the most widespread and violent public protests to occur in Iran since the early years of the Iranian Revolution.[2]

The protests began on July 8 with peaceful demonstrations in Tehran against the closure of the reformist newspaper, Salam. Following the demonstrations, a student dormitory was raided by riot police that night during which a student was killed. The raid sparked six days of demonstrations and rioting throughout the country, during which at least three other people were killed and more than 200 injured.[1]

In the aftermath of these incidents, more than seventy students disappeared. In addition to an estimated 1,200–1,400 detainees, the "whereabouts and condition" of five students named by Human Rights Watch whom are believed to be detained by Islamic authorities remain unknown.[3]

The protests began on the eve of July 9, 1999 (18th Tir of year 1378 in the Persian calendar), after a peaceful demonstration by a group of students of Tehran University against the closure of the reformist newspaper, Salam, by the press court. Salam newspaper (Persian: روزنامه سلام) was operated by the Association of Combatant Clerics, the reformist political party to which the then President, Mohammad Khatami belonged. The student groups, which at the time were considered one of the major supporters of Khatami and his reform programs, were protesting in support of Khatami against the closure of the newspaper by the judiciary, which was controlled by the hardline opponents of President Khatami.

The evening of the protests "about 400 plainclothes paramilitaries descended on a university dormitory, whispering into short-wave radios and wielding green sticks." The paramilitaries, thought to be Ansar-e-Hezbollah and possibly Basij began attacking students, kicking down doors and smashing through halls, grabbing female students by the hair and setting fire to rooms. Several students were thrown off of third story balconies "onto pavement below, their bones crushed," and one student paralyzed. According to students' accounts, uniformed police stood by and did nothing.[4] "Witnesses reported that at least one student was killed, 300 wounded, and thousands detained in the days that followed.

This is just how the dictatorship regime treats peaceful people just because they don't snap into line.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well I have no idea if this video is an accurate portrayal or not. If it is then all I can say is that it is a good reason not to go to Iran, and get in trouble. As far as taking down their government... I think we have enough problems of our own to worry about.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just did a little digging, the first you tube video is submitted by www.rezapahlavi.org...\, the son of shah USA installed in Iran and who got their booted by Iranian people and fled to USA. This is the profile of the user who submitted the you tube video www.youtube.com...

The 2nd Video had no link to it's profile. I noted a curious thing though in both the profiles under subscriber I found a common follower:

On visiting this user's profile guess what !!

Oops..seems like someone is following their leader under anonymous accounts!!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Great find my friend! As I have stated time and time again here on ATS, I do believe that the primary motivation for the West in this insane propaganda war against Iran is to restore the Peacock Throne to power.

The Pavlavis are insanely rich and legitimate royals which carries a lot of weight within the hidden power structure that rules the world and drives world events.

Sadly we live in a world where nothing is done for the benefit of the masses but everything is done for the benefit of a select few elites.

People should consider of all the nations on earth where human rights are being violated, unjust wars are taking place, and famine and starvation exist what is so special about Iran that the entire Western World has its sights fixated on it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join