It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking movie depicting what happens in Iran prisons on a daily basis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

This is a movie depicting what happens in the Islamic regime's prisons on a daily basis

www.youtube.com...

This is the sick level of treatment by the regime towards the educated, young and whoever else dared to protest in the streets. They arrest hundreds each time, and when they completely destroy these people they arrest hundreds more to replace them. Some get murdered after being tortured, some are released, and some end up committing suicide after release.

And the most disturbing aspect to all of this is that the regime have treated people like that since 1979, and that some people are still in doubt that this torturing takes place. The accounts of torturing of peaceful protestors over the past 6 months are exactly the same techniques that the islamic regime have used for over 30 years!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I didn't see any waterboarding ?

Is that a American only treatment ?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well thats the cost of freedom now ain't it...

Now the Iranicans's have caught the freedom bug and are spreading freedom one day at a time!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9342b0267971.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am sure being in prison in Iran is NOT as easy as a U.S. prison, but this video was fake and like a tv show/documentary reenactment. I wouldn't mind seeing a REAL video so we can actually see what it is like and not just speculate on some made up vid.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

It's a depiction based on many many many personal accounts of what they experienced, and of course it's not real footage from the prison. You understand what a reconstruction is?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If these videos were about the US, you would see an angry world. But since this is about Iran, this is to be expected.

If people really want to get rid of torture, then they should hold all countries to same bar. Not viciously condemn one country, while completely ignoring others.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If these videos were about the US, you would see an angry world. But since this is about Iran, this is to be expected.

If these video's were about the US .

It would be called Enhanced Interrogation.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by john124

I didn't see any waterboarding ?

Is that a American only treatment ?

Waterboarding pales in comparison to torturing & raping women whilst enjoying it. I also have to say that the islamic regime most likely tortures a much higher proportion of innocent people than the US.

Although I don't agree with any form of torture.

An interesting point is what does the US do with the 80 or so Yemeni's who Obama was going to release to Yemen. Stick to his morals because some of these are probably innocent and also victims of the war on terror, or put American lives first and keep them locked away because now they definitely hate America?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Of course I do, but when the title says SHOCKING VIDEO, that should or usually means REAL video. I am not picking on you personally so do not take offense. I am simply saying anyone anywhere can make a video, and make any event look horrible. I mean look at our prison system. Many od the inmates CLAIM a lot of things, but real video and the truth have put most of those claims to bed....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You are absolutely right that we shouldn't forget about the crimes of other countries as well, but ensure that we criticise the crimes of each country proportionally to way it treats its prisoners & whether these prisoners even deserve to be held. Any criticism of these other countries is welcome here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

That was the title of the youtube link, I thought it was ATS rules to use the titles of sources.

Now you mention it, I'll change it to say "depiction".

It's still shocking to see regardless of that, and if it didn't match with the experiences claimed by many Iranian dissidents I wouldn't have posted it.

Sometimes seeing an action is more compelling than reading or hearing about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Dude i would take waterboarding over rape any other day.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

What a lovely piece of propoganda you bring to the table, just out of curiosity, do you have the numbers of US prisoners raped by other inmates?
or tortured? or maybe even killed by fellow inmates?

you pointed out to another poster what a dramitization was, if you go by just eye witness accounts and then put it to tape, I would be the best ball player of all time, but alas it is not true because we all have a little habit of over exagerating the story just a little and of course if your aim initially is to show Irans prisons in a bad light, well the outcome and footage will also be a little baised and exagerted.

Do you have a dramatized version of what it is like in Guantanimo bay?
of course filmed by an Arab, rather than a western interest.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I hope people realize the first video is a movie, not a real video.

These things happen in the US too, but we'll be sent over there to free these people next.

The israeli media is going crazy right now trying to convince people Iran is bad, since the majority of Americans say they will not fight Iran for israel.

That's all this is!

It's prison, this happens all around the world, why make are you trying to make the Iranians out to be the bad guys?

Do you have an agenda?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You do realise the first video isn't real; they are obviously acting as you can tell by the camera work et al.

Edit: I've just read the above post after submitting mine, so glad we both see it as fake. Iran is as bad as any other iron-fist military state; there are videos of the true horrors, if you care to dig and i'm surprised some have been left on uTube.

If US instigates sanctions against Yemen, then Iran will definitely be invaded soon as Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran have the highest reserves of oil and Americans need to feed their 8Litre V8 MPV's to take the kids to school.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

You do realise the first video isn't real; they are obviously acting as you can tell by the camera work et al.

Please pay attention to the thread, then you'll realise that it's a reconstruction of events in Evin prison.

Edit: I've just read the above post after submitting mine, so glad we both see it as fake. Iran is as bad as any other iron-fist military state; there are videos of the true horrors, if you care to dig and i'm surprised some have been left on uTube.

Could you point out where anyone has claimed it to be real footage from inside Evin prison?

And can you actually discuss Iran without talking about war? This thread has nothing to do with any war agenda.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow Israel is really developing quite the budding motion picture industry these days!

Any chance they could make some commercial efforts so we can stop having to send them money from here in the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I hope people realize the first video is a movie, not a real video.

Nobody in their right mind would believe this was actual footage from evin prison, but some people on this forum aren't right in their minds.

A depiction is to show, describe or represent in a work of art or writing. That is clearly not going to be a real-life recording.

The israeli media is going crazy right now trying to convince people Iran is bad, since the majority of Americans say they will not fight Iran for israel.

That's all this is!

Your reaction is what I classified in the OP as disturbing, because you appear to defend or ignore the actions of despicable criminals.

It's prison, this happens all around the world, why make are you trying to make the Iranians out to be the bad guys?

Yes it has happened for over 30 years, and do you think that somehow makes it ok to rape young men and women because it's happened for a long time. Evin has been described more as a dungeon rather than a prison.

Do you have an agenda?

To show the world a reconstruction of a torture chamber inside Iran along with just one out of many dissident accounts of what they experienced.

These things happen in the US too, but we'll be sent over there to free these people next.

You are free to talk about or provide detailed accounts of torture of anyone anywhere in the world. I wonder how many US dissidents you will find who were tortured by the US govt. compared to the Iranian dissidents living abroad!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
WOW, THAT'S PRETTY SICK HOPEFULLY THEY WILL OVERTHROW THAT GOVERNMENT

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The original poster is from England. How did the US get dragged into this discussion after his posting of an obvious "Dramatization" of what possibly went on in an Iranian Prison?

Why not discuss what goes on in UK prisons?

It seems to me very obvious who has an Agenda.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join