It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Amending Executive Order 12425

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
December 17, 2009
Executive Order -- Amending Executive Order 12425

EXECUTIVE ORDER
- - - - - - -
AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER 12425 DESIGNATING INTERPOL
AS A PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION ENTITLED TO
ENJOY CERTAIN PRIVILEGES, EXEMPTIONS, AND IMMUNITIES

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288), and in order to extend the appropriate privileges, exemptions, and immunities to the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 12425 of June 16, 1983, as amended, is further amended by deleting from the first sentence the words "except those provided by Section 2(c), Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act" and the semicolon that immediately precedes them.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 16, 2009.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
An INTERPOL branch in the US now cannot be searched, it's files are not subject to legal subpoena nor discovery. If any branch of government wants to keep documents out of the hands of the court system, just hand them over to INTERPOL until the smoke clears.

INTERPOL will now be able to maintain files on US citizens.

By this EO, Obama has conferred diplomatic immunity upon INTERPOL, exemption from being subject to search and seizure by law enforcement, exemption from US taxes, and immunity from FOIA requests, etc.

Obama just declared INTERPOL records immune from search and seizure -- "The archives of international organizations shall be inviolable."

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I am speechless.

Is he TRYING to rile up the people?

Is he TRYING to force the hands of revolution?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I believe that is quite clearly what "They" are attempting to do. I see no other reason.

Liberty and Tyranny are going to clash - The sleepers will awaken

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It's just another step in handing over our Sovereignty to the NWO. Like the Copenhagen accords. What's next?

Edit is: star and flag

[edit on 12/21/2009 by this_is_who_we_are]

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How interesting that this Executive Order directly proceeds the order that he said he was going to issue regarding the declassification of documents. In that thread, found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

we were pretty much of the opinion that the documents would simply disappear rather than be available for public perusal. It seems to me that you, my friend, have found where they are going to be headed.

As I've said before, what Obama seemingly gives with one hand, it takes back two-fold with the other.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is getting scary all..coming form a man who said on international tv...I want a transparent government* so much for the trasnparency part. I bet his ratings are dropping as we speak

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

I am speechless.

ok...everybody knows that foriegn consulates here in the U.S. have the same thing...right???...for decades...so because obama gives the same pass to interpol...now it time for revolution???

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy - INTERPOL would become a "police force" within our own borders that "could not be challenged" PERIOD

Excuse me INTERPOL just became...

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Obama has proven to be an evil man whose actions are, if possible, even worse than George W. Bush.

Open revolution is building on so many fronts in the USA. Even the health bill from the Senate is going to put practicing Catholics in an untenable position vis-a-vis taxation and abortion provision.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video.

Executive Orders from Hell! Why would an American President ever do this?

National Emergency Act : Know Your Law, When Law Is Suspended, and You May Be Arrested

This is in regards to Interpol.

INTERPOL - Anti-Crime Propaganda

Quote from : Ronald Reagan : Executive Orders

Executive Order 12425
International Criminal Police Organizations

•Signed: June 16, 1983
•Federal Register page and date: 48 FR 28069; June 20, 1983
•Amended by : EO 12971 of September 15, 1995

UN / INTERPOL Cooperation

Quote from : Wikipedia : Executive Order

An executive order in the United States is an order issued by the President, the head of the executive branch of the federal government.

In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders-in-council.

Executive orders may also be issued at the state level by a state's Governor or at the local level by the city's Mayor.

U.S. Presidents have issued executive orders since 1789, usually to help direct the operation of executive officers.

Some orders do have the force of law when made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, when those acts give the President discretionary powers.

UN - Interpol Agreement

[edit on 21-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This EO also makes any information that Interpol has on BO untouchable by our legal system.....It is time, folks.... btw, S&F

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

It's just another step in handing over our Sovereignty to the NWO.

That is my fear. It is only A Step. They feel if they dismantle America little by little no one will notice and no one will rise up. If people do rise up they will be laughed at because it would look silly for people to be so upset over this one thing.

People need to be able to take all of these little things together and hold them up as proof of the manipulation of the American people so they can have a good case against TPTB and call Citizins to fight if need be.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I am speechless.

ok...everybody knows that foriegn consulates here in the U.S. have the same thing...right???...for decades...so because obama gives the same pass to interpol...now it time for revolution???

The revolution talks were rising the earlier part of this year (2009 and the last half of last year (2008)). They died off some, but I think this, among other things will bring the talks back again.

I am neither admonishing or condoning a revolution. I am just stating how I see it.

Nevermind the fact that this is a police force, and not a consulate. Big difference there . . . like apples to oranges.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think this government as well as other governments now believe they over-medicated us...we stand by idle and take it ALL where the sun dont shine and things are NOT going to plan. So the taunting continues, and every day we act as though we could care less.

They are going to be forced to close down the Internet, that way we dont have THIS for an outlet, and we get off our butts and actually do something. THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT.

All those hidden foreign troops are going to waste doing nothing, when we could have a full blown civil war by now and the players could have their little ray guns and be doing business.

I just wonder WHAT IT WILL TAKE dear Jesus, what will it take (not that i like violence) what will it take to have us say ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
BTW

Here's the text of 2(c), which this EO now has applying to INTERPOL:

(c) Property and assets of international organizations, wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall be immune from search, unless such immunity be expressly waived, and from confiscation. The archives of international organizations shall be inviolable.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

I am speechless.

INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 188 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime.

INTERPOL aims to facilitate international police co-operation even where diplomatic relations do not exist between particular countries. Action is taken within the limits of existing laws in different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. INTERPOL’s constitution prohibits ‘any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.’

INTERPOL’s Leadership
The President of INTERPOL and the Secretary General work closely together in providing strong leadership and direction to the Organization.

INTERPOL’s Structure
As defined in Article 5 of its Constitution, INTERPOL (whose correct full name is 'The International Criminal Police Organization – INTERPOL’) comprises the following:

General Assembly
Executive Committee
General Secretariat
National Central Bureaus
Advisers
The Commission for the Control of INTERPOL’s Files

The General Assembly and the Executive Committee form the organization’s Governance.

General Assembly - INTERPOL’s supreme governing body, it meets annually and comprises delegates appointed by each member country. The assembly takes all important decisions related to policy, resources, working methods, finances, activities and programmes.

Executive Committee – this 13-member committee is elected by the General Assembly, and comprises the president, three vice-presidents and nine delegates covering the four regions.

General Secretariat - located in Lyon, France, the General Secretariat operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is run by the Secretary General. Officials from more than 80 countries work side-by-side in any of the Organization’s four official languages: Arabic, English, French and Spanish. The Secretariat has seven regional offices across the world; in Argentina, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, El Salvador, Kenya, Thailand and Zimbabwe, along with Special Representatives at the United Nations in New York and at the European Union in Brussels.
National Central Bureaus (NCB) - Each INTERPOL member country maintains a National Central Bureau staffed by national law enforcement officers. The NCB is the designated contact point for the General Secretariat, regional offices and other member countries requiring assistance with overseas investigations and the location and apprehension of fugitives.

Advisers – these are experts in a purely advisory capacity, who may be appointed by the Executive Committee and confirmed by the General Assembly.

Commission for the Control of INTERPOL’s Files (CCF) – this is an independent body whose mandate is threefold: (1) to ensure that the processing of personal information by INTERPOL complies with the Organization's regulations, (2) to advise INTERPOL on any project, operation, set of rules or other matter involving the processing of personal information and (3) to process requests concerning the information contained in INTERPOL's files.

INTERPOL has long co-operated with the United Nations in law enforcement matters, a relationship that was formalized by the signing of a co-operation agreement between the two organizations in October 1996.

The co-operation agreement grants the two organizations observer status in sessions of their respective general assemblies. The agreement outlines further areas in which the two organizations could co-ordinate their efforts:

responding to the needs of the international community in fighting crime
assisting states in their efforts to combat organized crime
co-operating in the implementation of the mandates of international judicial bodies
carrying out joint investigations and other police-related matters in the context of peace-keeping
establishing joint databases related to penal law.
To strengthen the global capacity to respond coherently to ever-changing developments in the world from a law enforcement perspective, INTERPOL appointed Dr Ulrich Kersten, former president of the German Federal Criminal Police (Bundeskriminalamt) and former INTERPOL Executive Committee member, as its first Special Representative to the United Nations on November 5, 2004. As both organizations occupy unique positions in the international community, the creation of the INTERPOL office at UN headquarters in New York marks the beginning of a new era of co-operation between them.

The INTERPOL office at the UN embodies the spirit of the original co-operation agreement, and will focus on:

liaison between INTERPOL and the United Nations by establishing, maintaining, developing and promoting contact networks between the general secretariats of the two organizations, their dependent bodies and their officials raising UN awareness of INTERPOL's functions and services by facilitating and enhancing the exchange of information between the two parties
identifying opportunities for collaboration based on extensive knowledge of the activities and developments of the two organizations
acting as the senior advisor to the INTERPOL Secretary General regarding all matters or developments having, or that may have, a UN impact.

The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (or VCCR) was completed in 1963 as a multilateral treaty to codify consular practices that developed through customary international law, numerous bilateral treaties, and a number of regional treaties.
The VCCR enumerates basic legal rights and duties of signatory States, including:
the establishment and conduct of consular relations, by mutual consent, and the privileges and immunities of consular officers and offices from the laws of the “receiving State” (the country where the foreign consular office has been established).

Dont believe the Hollywood Movie Hype about Diplomatic Immunity at consulates.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Alright revolutionaries, only a couple more years to go before you will be lulled back to sleep by a sweet talking elephant

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Alright revolutionaries, only a couple more years to go before you will be lulled back to sleep by a sweet talking elephant

There isnt and hasnt been two parties for awhile now Janky, and you know that, although youre probably 100% correct for 70% of the current population.
You just cant polish a turd, and this turd of a government is pretty ugly.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I think its about time to close the zoo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join