It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs caputed on live video *amazing must watch*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Possibly.....

But what if we're actually doing Stan harm by encouraging his belief in these orbs?

On the other hand, if by experimentation he concluded the objects are not orbs, that might help him.

You need a cross between Ghostbusters & Dr Phil to sort this out!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ghostbusters came straight to mind here too. Dunno about Dr Drill err Phill though

I understand with delirious people, not to encourage them into deliriousness, but again, I just think Stan has been 'chosen' to show us these orbies, and yes the 'gatekeeper' from Ghostbusters comes directly to mind

Think about if these were to be shown to us, what a better way than some guy that has no idea what they are himself. I just think this is a little glimpse of what we may see into what the future may hold..

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
It's just dust.

I doubt it. That big one that appeared to come from him when he lay down was stunning.

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
You need a cross between Ghostbusters & Dr Phil to sort this out!

Ghostbusters would be a good idea, but all I can see Dr Phear doing is medicating him.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Wow.

I just sat through an 8 minute video of some fanatic going on and on about how he thinks the dust in his house are spirit orbs. This is absurd and insulting to my intelligence, I posted a comment on youtube saying so, and it said "COMMENT PENDING APPROVAL" meaning this guy get's to take down any comments he doesn't like on his video...

How is anyone supposed to take the paranormal field seriously when this sort of nonsense is claimed to be evidence? How are we going to convince science that the paranormal is worthy of investigation with this?

I believe in the paranormal, I've experienced the unexplained on numerous occasions.

I also believe this guy needs to clean his house and that this video shows nothing but dust or small bugs

Edit to Add: Even the guys at TAPS, often accused of faking evidence, wouldn't be dumb enough to post this kind of stuff as evidence...

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Hello Titen-Sxull, I was just wondering if you actually watched the second video.

My initial reaction was the same as yours, but unless the guy has done some special affects in aftereffects, this is quite unusual.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I did watch it. No special effects are needed to get this, just an imagination and footage of a bug flying by a camera. Remember the Rods phenomenon? The long rod-like shapes that were appearing in all sorts of footage, the vast majority of them turned out to be bugs who were blurred by the rate at which the camera shoots. It appears the same thing is at work in the second video and the face is there because the human mind is designed to pick out familiar shapes (the human face being one of the most common shapes).

It's the same thing that allows a cloud or constellation to become something more in the mind of the observer. If this guy wants to impress, if he wants to prove the paranormal, why not get these spirits to move an object on camera, it would be a lot more definitive than dust and bugs.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Ghostbusters would be a good idea,

Not necessary. All he has to do is fit a flyscreen door and the bugs will stop. Very simple really.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I go along with a lot of what you say and I have fooled myself a number of times with things that turned out to have a normal explanation. I always knew the rods where the path of flying insect wings and I also have seen plenty of dust appears larger and more luminous through the lens of a camera.

The difference with this example though is that the guy truly believes he is seeing orbs. What are the odds that an example of Pareidolia would appear right where you would expect to see a face on the pointy end of an orb in the direction it was traveling. I can see the face quite clearly as I am sure many can.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Ghostbusters would be a good idea,

Not necessary. All he has to do is fit a flyscreen door and the bugs will stop. Very simple really.

he has one
- if you watch one of his last 2 or 3 vids you clearly see him opening it!

Dust? Show me a video please of dust doing this

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Both bugs and dust can create this for both still photos and footage. I once went ghost hunting at an old farm here in PA and took a ton of photos, there wasn't a single photo that didn't have some big bright orbs in it, all dust. Even out in an open field next to the farmhouse there was plenty of dust in air to show up in the photos. Here's one such pic from my ghost hunt:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/285274abe5a9.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't have a camera to take footage of dust moving though, but I know it can create effects similar to what we see here. Even when it seems to be moving anomalously we have to remember that we can't see air, we don't know what way its moving and even an undetectable draft, breeze or air current can move tiny particles of dust and send it scattering through the air. Those orbs that aren't dust are bugs, fruit flies, moths, etc.

There is no reason to think anything is paranormal about this and the only one making that claim, the guy who made the videos, has offered no evidence. He's the one making a rather wild claim so I leave it to him to prove that this isn't dust/bugs.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WZN! You have opened this can of worms again! lol.

You know I love these videos. Especially the ones with the faces. I watch them every time I see them. They are truely fascinating.

But there is that fish? Remember the fish with the human face? It does rather look like those.....Some kind of carp, or something?

I'm rambling. It boils down to this guy has either lost his mind, or he has something truely, truely phenomenal/paranormal in his home.

But I'm delighted to see you have put up a thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
check this video out around 1:07 the orb he captures has a defined face on it pretty crazy stuff i would check out the rest of the videos

www.youtube.com...

Dude -thats one freaky video!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84097e278102.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6785b36c60a.jpg[/atsimg]

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

WZN -great thread matey!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In the first video, I couldn't help thinking about a disco ball due to the blinking and obvious shapes(reflections?) along the walls and the floor much like what you'd see at a discotheque. I don't know what to say about the second video with the face though....other than fairy!LOL

[edit on 20-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
*twitch* I think I'm about to have a seizure.
Anyway, "orbs" are tough because until if/when they manifest into something distinguishable, they are just that "orbs". Orbs can be so many things...dust, bugs etc etc.. 1 thing to be sure of before shouting "orb=ghost" is to eliminate all other possibilities which is 95% of the time dust, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/285274abe5a9.jpg[/atsimg]

I dunno mate - they look like some feisty orbies to me!

and thank you for the image! Any more?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

He even states "they have wings!"

Insects, and a glob of dust when he lays down.

Even looks like a fan may be going behind where the camera is, though the one at the door is off.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
wow!!

easy to say "insect" if you only watch the first video.

but this..www.youtube.com...
is no insect. lol

good stuff dude!! thanks!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
wow!!

easy to say "insect" if you only watch the first video.

but this..www.youtube.com...
is no insect. lol

good stuff dude!! thanks!!

Yes,thats definitely not an insect.

Heres another strange one (around 1:01).

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Depending on intensity and color of the flash and the composition of the dust you can get a lot of different colors just from dust.

Here's two photos just for you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc910648e767.jpg[/atsimg]

This one shows how easy it is to be fooled. This seemingly ghostly vapor is just breath caught in the camera. Sadly enough I've seen people post this sort of photo claiming it's paranormal ectoplasm. It was just a cool humid night in early Summer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13125b1a8853.jpg[/atsimg]

This is another dust photo. Even out in the middle of a cemetery there is dust everywhere in the air. The dust can even show up as bright and all sorts of colors and sometimes you can draw a little face inside if you use your imagination but it's still just dust

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yes,
we are all aware that many "orbs" are simply dust.
that is a given..

but please show a "dust orb" with a perfect face in it.

not "colors"

but actual faces.
no imagination required!

no this isnt a case of paradolia . lol

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Ahmose]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join