It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Miley Cyrus's pole dancing at the teen choice awards?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
It had a pole and she DID dance holding on to it. Listen to the reaction to the crowd. Don't worry it's not as bad as one would think if you did not watch the video.
Each new generation always goes out of the way to piss off/gross-out/enrage the previous generation. There used to be radio programs when the medium was new that people thought it would have bad effects on the "children". Then came TV and such.
I don't even know how old she is but I bet she is more mature than most just from the showbiz. Does it make it right? I don't know. If it worries you then don't let your kids idolize her. Go a step further and turn your TV off and cancel your cable/sat programming.

Just a reminder what real pole dancing is like but usually with the slow removal of clothes. Don't worry, it's SFW.

I can honestly say I've NEVER seen anything like that. The erotic aspect is vaguely there but the athleticism...amazing.

Back to kids...

The kids are being sexualized too much. My 11 year old see's it! ABC 'FAMILY" (a new kind of family) tends to enjoy dwelling on 16 year old girls that get knocked up by little SOB's. They seem to live in a fairy tale where "life after baby" is easy and grand. We had our kid when I was 30 and (while planned and a wonderful thing) it does change the gears of your life.

Destroy the family, destroy society.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Who really gives a s&#t?

If I forced the amount i care about this up a gnats ass it would rattle like a BB in a boxcar....

This is ATS for your uncle bob's sake....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

It's a serious workout! I can attest to that, I take the class at the gym. What more can one ask for? Exercise that is fun? Yes, it exists.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Where does parental decision come into play?

If it was my daughter, no way. But that is my decision as a parent.

Guess Billy Ray made his own decision.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was hoping Christina Aguilera and Hillary Duff were going to show up in thongs and dance with her. At least, that's why I watch the Teens Choice Awards.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Miley Cyrus is a whore.

It is not her fault though, it is what she was raised to be.

I have a daughter, she doesn't watch shows with whores on them. She prefers iCarly.

I see the girls at her school that carry the Hannah Montana backpacks. They are always the ones with way too many hair decorations and lots of shiny pink clothing.

Whores in training.

And their mothers likely come from the same stock.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

My daughter watches iCarly and Carly seems like a little whore in the making. Disney loves to whore out little girls like Brittany and Vanessa Hudgens. Give Carly another year and she wil be grinding something.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Party in the USA? I thought the Patriot Act outlawed fun and parties. Why is everyone talking about some stupid pole on a hot dog cart? Is it to take attention away from the fact that the song sucks?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's called "target marketing"
The whore talk is fantasy like 99% of all this crap.
No one needs to read your minds just read ATS.
Funny stuff..

[edit on 29-11-2009 by flyingfish]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Mindless animated meat puppets, controlled beasts who think they are divine in all their vainglory: These creatures will wake up soon enough. Yes, it is a quite disturbing trend, as anyone with a lick of insight and sense of what is can see that many are puppets manipulated by natural forces. The problem is, there are those among us who understand the interwoven fabric of natural forces, or fashions in a society. We ultimately have two choices in this regard, if we wish to act on this phenomenon. We can either continue the control, seeking to spread our glorious BS image all over society, must like wiping our fecal matter all over everything, or we can try to find the patterns that came with our very own personal development, and which led to our understanding of the interactions of the natural forces. If we choose the latter, we then start to realize what seeds to plant in order to free people. It is our choice. I choose the latter, because the other option causes revolution after revolution of the same tired play, albeit with characters swapping roles from time to time. I want an evolution into the realm of mind and love, perfected logic and reconciled emotion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

It may be target marketing, but art imitates life and life imitates art. The artists of now are the creators of the future, but the artists of now were influenced by both the subject of their art and artists of the past. Surely you see how the wheel turns? BTW, I am not saying you do not. I am just curious.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

You are unbelievably judgemental, obviously not a christian, if you were a christian you would not sit and throw stones at another child as you hold your own in a golden light. You cannot possibly know whether or not Miley has even had sex, let alone if she is truly a 'whore'. You think you know your own child, maybe you don't , maybe other adults think she is a whore? Would that be fair? If they based their conclusion based on a few moments of behaviour from your child? It is a fair as you are being.

What kind of religion do you claim? I do not know many other than in the middle east that would allow one to go around exclaiming children to be whores, so curiousity begs an answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

mindless animated meat puppets lol thats exactly how i feel about mileys fans.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of all the whiny individuals who constantly claim political correctness prevents them from spewing their hate speech against Muslims, Hispanics, blacks, et cetera, yet when it comes to a seventeen year old girl dancing on stage in skimpy attire, they whine about how offensive it is to them.

Is it political correctness that these individuals care about, or is it actually the fact that they can no longer spew their hate, and therefore blame political correctness for that fact?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian

mindless animated meat puppets lol thats exactly how i feel about mileys fans.

Hey, if she writes a book and takes aim at moose we may have a problem ...

Settle down HotSauce.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is just another big Giant hypocrisy and Joke in regards to our system and standards...

It is illegal...Utterly Illegal to touch a 16 year old Girl

But yet... she is obviously biologically a women

She is definitely attractive enough to get up on a pole and be watched by Millions of people

And the Media will completely and without hesitation Use her for ratings by throwing her on a pole like a stripper...

Then...

If guys get turned on and download a naked 16 yr olds picture because of it... they will call them a pedophile and lock them away for a million years.

Even tho..16 is the age of consent across most of the free world

If they want the law at the age it is...

Well this should be illegal as well

It's like hanging a carrot in front of a horse and beating it when it takes a bite...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Perhaps symbiote is not judging Miley, but merely the patterns which manifest through her. She wears the archetype of whore of babylon perfectly, but only because she is so insecure and in need of love that she is willing to whore out her identity in order to feel some illusory sense of worth. Moreover, she never gained a sense of self because of the endless repetition of mindless ritual. Christ exposed the folly of mindless ritual and desperately tried to tear that master/slave dynamic asunder. But Christ knew we were fools, so seeds were planted that are just now turning into trees for many. The last thousands of years have been a dark age of slavery, ruled by the singularity of man and woman, the devil. An animal self-identifying as man and not woman or spirit is a selfish dominator. An animal self-identifying as a woman and not a man or spirit is a selfish manipulator. Both are beasts masquerading as divine, and they both ruthlessly spread their vainglory across the globe. Together, they create THE BEAST. I reject that virus.

It is not that she is a sexual whore, but that she is animated by the essential spirit of whore. This is a damning pattern in a society and it must be exposed. People have got to start looking in the mirror. Both men and women have their problems. One cannot have it all without leaving the other nothing, at least now. It is a feedback loop. Bunch of loopy, controlling schizophrenics who think they are God in all their narcissistic lust: these are made to appear dominant in this perverse matrix which WE have created for each other. The matrix is dissolving. Much love. I know I might possibly sound harsh, but I must expose the truth as I see it, as must we all.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is it that obvious the same spirit animates them? Well yes, it is, to those who know themselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Isn't iCarly Nickelodeon/Viacom? I think she still has a chance. But yeah, Disney loves creating whores, as he is a master illusionist. The alignments of Disney are obvious. He wanted us to be characters in his play, in his quest for spreading his doodoo across society. It smells awful to me, but I have a maximum strength air freshener to get rid of that nastiness.

And mopusvindictus, you are absolutely right. This world tends to often only notice, in its density, the active hand. They do not see the invisible carrot. And people who dangle invisible carrots in an effort of selfish manipulation should be exposed. It is time to tear off all masks.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You know, you may as well be the teacher on Charlie Brown talking, (wha wha wah wha, wha wah wah). Nothing you are saying makes sense. Unless you are living as some kind of religious zealot maybe then.....much love right back at ya, that statement is moot, you can't go round saying 'your way of life is evil because it is not the way I say it is supposed to be'. Right is right, wrong is wrong, this thread wanted opinions about Miley's performance, not likening it to the destruction of the world and all the souls in it. And nothing warranted calling Miley a whore. Miley is still a child. I simply let it be known that if you are going to call someone's child a whore, be ready to have your own children torn down as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join