It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama now pleading for money to fight Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
L.A. Times

Never shy about $eeking money, Democratic President Obama's Organizing for America is now using the threat of Republican Sarah Palin as an opportunity to acquire more.

It has just sent an e-mail out to its millions of supporters today pleading for urgent donations to fight the mother of five, now on her heavily-publicized, cross-country book promotion bus tour.

Although the Democratic National Committee dismisses Palin as an ignorant non-factor, it's invested way more time and effort this week attacking Palin than selling Obama, who was on another overseas publicity trip of his own.

Attempting to use Palin as a lucrative opportunity, too, today's e-mail plaintively asks: "Please chip in $5 to help."

The committee says its goal is a half-mill in one week, chump change for the one-time senator's $750-million presidential campaign.

Today's electronic missive calls Palin "dangerous," blames (credits) her for the term "death panels," and says it needs the money to combat her lies (claims), which will be magnified in coming weeks by well-known complicit conservatives in the media.

Edit - Sorry, my wife made me go down to the bank and I did not have time to finish.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by j2000]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Argh, no source citation, no comment or thoughts from the OP, just a simple cut and paste?

Election season party pimping starts earlier and earlier.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

A president asking for money to go against a book author?

I'll have to admit Obama needs to consider his priorities better. This is silly. her opinion is just, her opinion. She's not a politician, she's just promoting her book.

edit to help the op: l.a. times article

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No source? No citation? Sounds right from a conservative website paranoid hoax. (-)10 for not even trying to backup claim.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I think this liberal fears KlobucharMania. I mean where do you think Sarah Palin got her whole gimmick? Now there's a conspiracy, Palin ripping off Klobuchar. Oh well, at least Klobuchar's book is dominating the best seller list.

All these Klobuchar knock-off threads are annoying. I know there may be a few people who don't like Klobuchar but do people really have to go through the trouble of starting parody threads about an irrelevant politician like this? It just brings ATS down as a whole.

Klobuchar 2012!

[edit on 21-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

here's the source.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't like the way this Barry guy does business. There just seems to be something fundamentally wrong with this bloke. It gets more surreal by the day. Let me get this straight.. this guys the POTUS right?

He has nothing to show for his presidency and now.. apparently... no cash. That's leadership for you! I wouldn't give this joker a dime! One more term of Barry and you will be renting your country from the Chinese. :shk:

Perhaps he can melt down his Nobel Peace Prize, cut back on the Pizza Nights and sell a few of Michelle's shoes?

IRM

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

He has nothing to show for his presidency and now.. apparently... no cash.

He gave away his "stash" to everyone in Detroit.

or
. I'm not sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a few things to note:

1.) You provided no source, no comment...bad business there.

2.) This isnt about Sarah Palin. From the source that seiko provided us:

It says the money will be used for event organizing, advertising and funding calls to Congress in support of Obama's beleaguered healthcare legislation to counter "right-wing attack groups."

In a nutshell - this is a typical right wing attack. No basis for the lies, just cold, unadulterated disinformation, purposefully designed to rally the masses to the beat of the idiot drum.

Now, im not saying that i think it's "Cool" or that i'd even donate 5 cents let alone dollars, but you're taking one extreme and running with it.

Basically - the gist of the campaign here, contained within your OP, is to fight ignorance.

Something, i would have hoped, we could all appreciate.

There are no Death Panels, yet millions of Idiot americans still believe that there are.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by j2000

A president asking for money to go against a book author?

I'll have to admit Obama needs to consider his priorities better. This is silly. her opinion is just, her opinion. She's not a politician, she's just promoting her book.

edit to help the op: l.a. times article

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Seiko]

thank you for posting the link.

Silly is right. Should he not be working on our Economy? Worried obout raising political funds 3 years out? This is just crap and he will be toast no matter whom is running.

Pedro for President.........

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
No source? No citation? Sounds right from a conservative website paranoid hoax. (-)10 for not even trying to backup claim.

Yeah the L.A. Times is your uber source for the Conservative movement.

If they thought it was cheezy, then Obama must have stepped over a line.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

She he not be working on our Economy

disingenuous comments

this is not Obama. It is a group of people in support of Obama.

There's a huge....gigantic...fundamental difference.

Amazing...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Obama should just get Klobuchar to thumb wrestle Palin. Klobuchar would dominate her... not that I'm into that kind of thing.

Klobuchar 2012!

What is it with you and this Klobuchar? You got a thing for her or something? She is so off of the Radar it's not even funny. There is another Congresswoman from MN that is a lot more on the Radar if your Lake hunting for the next up and comer though.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Well considering she's still holding a political job and she hasn't run away from it in a hilarious fashion, I think she's more relevant than some. But then again I didn't vote for Obama multiple times so of course I'm a Klobuchar supporter.

Klobuchar 2012!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by j2000

Should he not be working on our Economy

disingenuous comments

this is not Obama. It is a group of people in support of Obama.

There's a huge....gigantic...fundamental difference.

Amazing...

Democratic President Obama'sOrganizing for America

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He's the President! Why does he need "donations" to fight "lies"? All he's got to do is call a press conference and dismiss the lies. He's got the media at his beck and call. It is part of their job to report what he says.

Better yet! Why doesn't he take her out for a coffee or a cold beer and discuss it with her! I hear that is the diplomatic way to handle those kinds of situations.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
obama has nothing to worry about sarah palin is a quitter anyway

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is the e-mail I got.....pathetic!!!!!

Right now, Sarah Palin is on a highly publicized, nationwide book tour, attacking President Obama and his plan for health reform at every turn.

It's dangerous. Remember, this is the person who coined the term "Death Panels" -- and opened the flood gates for months of false attacks by special interests and partisan extremists.

Whatever lie comes next will be widely covered by the media, then constantly echoed by right-wing attack groups and others who are trying to defeat reform.

As we approach the final sprint on health reform, we can't afford more deception and delay. We need to be ready for anything -- and have the resources to respond with ads, events, and calls to Congress when the attacks come.

So we're setting a big goal: $500,000 in the next week to help push back against Sarah Palin and her allies. Please chip in $5 or more to help reach our goal.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
obama has nothing to worry about sarah palin is a quitter anyway

If you had a job that cost you $50,000 out of your pocket to fend off frivilous lawsuits, how long would you stay there?????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join