It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic 'Lie' & Other Fun Facts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
No, really - you can stop now!

It's his thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Ahem. Mind if I quote you?

God in the Old Testament gave laws and the Jews broke them. Thus they get punished because of what "they" did.

God; Inventor of the phrase "Did it for the lulz"

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Originally posted by texastig
God in the Old Testament gave laws and the Jews broke them. Thus they get punished because of what "they" did.

Sorry what? Did you just justify anti-semitism?

Did you really just do that?

Man, you guys take all the fun out of fundamentalism.

You need go back and see the question that I answered before assuming.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I suggest that those who would compare Islam to Christianity would do well to read the books of both religions. Most of what people are saying here show a near complete lack of knowledge of either book.

The name "Allah" means "The God", as opposed to just any god. Muslims pray five times a day, and one of their recitations is, "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is His prophet". Muslims are praying to the one God, not to some other god besides the Christian God Almighty. Claims that Muslims make about this God may be different from what Christians say about it, but this is a result of our imperfect understanding of an infinite and perfect God. No matter what we believe about God, our understanding will always be imperfect and incomplete, because we are imperfect and finite.

Hal Lindsey's comments are without much merit. While it is true that Hindus worship a vast number of different gods, they also understand that there is a single Godhead that is above them all. All the lesser gods are merely manifestations of this Godhead, individual deities with personalities and qualities that are more easily grasped by frail humans. Lindsey simply didn't bother to learn anything about Hinduism, or Islam, or probably other religions besides his own.

I can't say that it's worthwhile to read the Bible and the Qur'an. It's a lot of trouble, takes a lot of time, and there is no end to it. However, unless you do read them, it would be better not to try to pass judgement on either Christianity or Islam. Do that and you'll wind up parroting what someone else told you, citing the one or two verses that seem to support that view. That's pretty much like trying to write a book report after reading a few sentences out of a novel. You'll only convince others who have also not read the book.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I think jeddun displays a good knowledge.
In Genesis God says, "Let us make man in "our" image."
The Christian God is one God manifested as three. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
God never had sex with a woman He is a spirit.
God gave Himself (love) for us. God was in a man's body reconciling the world back to Himself.
God came before the Caesars.
What about the Jews not doing what God said? God's not a prick. The devil was messing with Job and God told the devil not to take his life. Lot moved into sin city and Moses didn't do everything God told him to do.
If allah is infintely loving then why are the women in Islam treated worse than dogs?

Those were young men that got ate. Not children.
2 Kings 2:23-24 is not an account of God mauling young children for making fun of a bald man. Rather, it is a record of an insulting demonstration against God’s prophet by a large group of young men. Because these young people of about 20 years of age or older (the same term is used of Solomon in 1 Kings 3:7) so despised the prophet of the Lord, Elisha called upon the Lord to deal with the rebels as He saw fit. The Lord’s punishment was the mauling of 42 of them by two female bears. The penalty was clearly justified, for to ridicule Elisha was to ridicule the Lord Himself. The seriousness of the crime was indicated by the seriousness of the punishment. The appalling judgment was God’s warning to all who would scorn the prophets of the Lord.

Muhammad's nature toward Jews and Christians started to become a conflict. They did not accept Muhammad for his religion and spiritual path. When Muhammad encountered contradiction, ridicule and rejection from the Christian scholars in Medina, he came to adopt a radically more negative view of the People of the Book who had received earlier scriptures. This attitude was already evolving in the third Meccan period as Muhammad became more aware of the antipathy between Jews and Christians and the disagreements and strife of him amongst members of those religions. The tension felt by Muhammad and some of his contemporaries was doubtless due ultimately to this contrast between men's conscious attitude and the economic basis of their life.
en.wikipedia.org...

Christianity is far away from Mormonism and the cutls.

Communism killed more people than the "so-called" Christians.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by texastig

Ahem. Mind if I quote you?

God; Inventor of the phrase "Did it for the lulz"

What is the lulz?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

I've been a Christian for over 21 years and the Bible and Jesus came before mohammed and the koran.
Jesus said to look out for false prophets and mohammed fits that category because he says that God never had a son. That is far from what Jesus said in John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son.
There is no imperfect understanding with Christ. We are sinners and we need a Savior. We cannot save ourselves so God Himself came as our Savior and gave Himself for us.
He took our punishment that we deserved.

Hal knows more than you think.

The Bible is the only book that prophesy has been 100%. No other book on the planet can make that claim. The Bible is the compass that should guide our lives.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have many examples comparing the 3 religions "of the book", but i'll just throw out one example for now to prove the point:

Old Testament says stole adulterers.

Jesus says NOT to stone adulterers.

Muhamed says to stone adulterers.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No, really - you can stop now!

It's his thread.

You win. You can stay here with your hate, lack of understanding, implausable beliefs based on ONE single book with 38,000 different denominations of Christianity based on it, and try to make the world fit into your 'I'm right, you're wrong' mentality.

Thankfully when the rapture happens I'll be left here in peace!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
All I can say is that God made a Promise to the Jewish people that the land of Israel would be theirs forever. Islam denies that. Therefore they are calling YHWH a liar. That doesn't sound like they worship him.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
the cultures of the west and islamic east are incompatiable, you can sugar coat it and elevate yourself into a 'open, intelligent, non racist' all you want but it's quiet easy to see your dealing with a massive, unyeilding movement when we talk about islam. sure the people are nice enough, just like me and you right? but the movement, the culture and the religion are not, funny how most people blinker this and call themselves enlightened? if you want to enlighten yourself to the culture your letting into your door go to ------------------ and search for 'honor'

[edit] Actually I'll remove that link, nobody needs to see that, it still haunts me now

[edit on 27/10/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
who gives a damn about differences in religion. besides trolling, what is the point in putting christian god on a pedestal, and islam's allah in the gutter if they are both equally silly and completely faith based (read: illogical) anyway?

shame on you, you pathetic hate monger

[edit on 10/27/2009 by prototism]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

The increasingly Westernized cultures of Dubai, Southeast Asia, Turkey, etc. etc. ad nauseum (all predominantly Muslim) sure go a long way to cast doubt on your thesis that East and West are incompatible.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by honkusbobo
reply to post by spitefulgod

The increasingly Westernized cultures of Dubai, Southeast Asia, Turkey, etc. etc. ad nauseum (all predominantly Muslim) sure go a long way to cast doubt on your thesis that East and West are incompatible.

Well that's all well and good.. unless your Jewish, judaism is banned in Dubai, similar to the Nazi's you know.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

reply to post by jeddun

The numbers are from your post!! WTF?

CIA Factbook is a good means of finding data as well.

Then there's this thing called 'Mathematics' were you multiply to get a result.

180 million is the low end, no getting out of it with a lame ass argument like that. You really think that 180 million people in this world wanna strap a bomb to their chest?

Do you know the percentage of ordinary women who will electricute puppies when order to by an authoritive figure? Scientific studies have been done and all women participating electricuted puppies.

This of coarse does mean that all women electricute, or that any women would electricute a puppie in normal circumstances.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Differing religions demand differing levels of intrusion into peoples lives, I like mine, it demands none.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
OP is doing first time readers a favor.

The facts are clear, and obvious, for anyone desiring to understand the detrimental-gravity that Islamic influence has on societies. I would add that the progress of humanity can do without the burdens of 7th century Sharia, and middle eastern ways. The food isn't bad, but mankind has progressed way beyond the need for superstitious control methods, heaven and hell scenarios, and contrived sand period stories rooted in the possibilities of holiness. "homey don't play that game".

The Quran is supposed to be the "last word", above all other texts I can't help imagining the first infomercials set in the 7th century-- hurry and buy(believe) now.

Matthew 5:43-44
or
surah 8:60

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Sorry what? Did you just justify anti-semitism?

Did you really just do that?

Man, you guys take all the fun out of fundamentalism.

Well I'd rather be guilty of taking the fun out of fundamentalism than putting the dumb in martyrdom.

Unfortunately for threads like these, there is and most likely will never be, an answer that fits ll involved. Which is sad really, because so many good arguments get swept under the rug along with the very things those in vocal opposition appear to stand against.

It's a no win situation... damned if you see it, and damned when you fail to act.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
hi ...
first of all i would like to say that it's best for you not to write about something you know nothing about . I am an arab and arabs before profit mohammed peac be upon him never worshiped a moon god and Allah in arabic does not mean moon i don't know where did you get this childesh information from. Allah mean God in arabic from Elah. so please instead of writing things that are lies and made up read more.
thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The God of the bible is knowable, according to the Qu'ran, Allah is so exalted that he cannot be known. The God of the bible is a personal being with intellect, emotion, and will. Muslim theology tells us Allah is NOT to be understood as aperson. The God of the Bible is a spirit, to Muslims this is blasphemous and demeaning. The God of the Bible is one God in 3 persons. The Qur'an denies the Trinity and views this as heresy. The God of the Bible is one of LOVE,. Allah has NO emotional feeling toward Man. The God of the bible is one of GRACE. According to the Qur'an there is NO savior or intercessor.Clearly we are talking of 2 TOTALLY different Gods.

You, my friend, obviously do not understand much about your own christian faith or the true beliefs of Judaism.

In Judaism, God is also so exalted that he cannot be known or properly understood by man.

Judaism also conforms to the fact that God is not to be understood as a person, as God is not human, and is so infinite in his wisdom that mere mortals cannot and will not ever grasp the true concept of God.

In Judaism God cannot feel anger, sadness, or other human emotions. These emotions being shown in the bible are explained by the Elohim, the creation spirit(s), who are steps inbetween God and man. How can God feel a faulty human emotion such as anger?

Judaism also doesn't follow the trinity, as they do not believe in Jesus being the true Christ and only son of God. And what's the holy ghost about anyway? It's never done anything, appeared anywhere, and is pretty pointless.

One God in three persons is viewed by many as being Polytheism. Christians believe the only way to heaven is to accept Jesus. If you accept God then that's not enough to get you in according to Christian belief. You HAVE to accept Jesus as your lord. If they're the same thing then why the separation of God and Jesus in this way? It doesn't make sense and it's polytheism to worship Jesus above God.

I'm assuming you've not actually read the bible if you believe the God of the bible is one of love and grace. Perhaps you should study it more and pay attention to the parts where he kills whole cities full of people, including innocent men, woman and children, and orders rape and murder.

Yeah, what a loving God he is

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join