It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey - Flu Shot IS Mandatory, no shot no school

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

NJ start by eliminating Gov. Corzine in the next election and work on voting everyone new. Independents and Third Parties are the best but do what you can to get new people in power

Pick the guy/gal who the mass media hates and who has the least amount of campaign funds. The slick willies are corporate puppets.

Allergies to eggs are a reason not to take vaccines.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Thanks for clearing that up BH. That does make sense if it's a private organization.

No problem. Just as with the news, on ATS, you have to look further than what the "headline" wants you to believe.
Always be skeptical.

This applies to child care and preschoolers only (NOT public school) and was initiated in 2007.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
New Jersey isn't unique in requiring vaccinations for schoolchildren. Illinois also requires certain vaccinations. As far as I know, many other states also require them. This isn't news. When I was a kid - that was a long time ago - I had to have various shots.

This isn't exactly fascism. It's a reasonable public health effort. The known dangers of vaccination are far less severe than the known dangers of the illnesses they protect against. While you can argue endlessly about the *unknown* dangers of vaccinations, most people have had them, and most people are still healthy. They are certainly healthier than people living in countries where vaccinations are unavailable.

Public health has always taken priority over individual rights, and rightly so. If someone were infected with, say, pneumonic plague, you'd want him quarantined. Never mind his constitutional right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, he's got the plague. Until he's better, you want him off the streets.

Not too long ago, tuberculosis was a common and untreatable disease. People who had it were confined to sanitariums where they were forced to stay until they recovered or died. They had no freedom to leave. They were prisoners, even though they had committed no crime.

Vaccinations have been shown to prevent the spread of many diseases, some of which are deadly. Whooping cough, mumps, rubella, even such "mild" diseases as chicken pox, all can cause serious damage or kill. Vaccination has reduced the numbers of children permanently injured or killed by these dieases. Yes, vaccination itself kills and injures some kids every year, but the numbers are far fewer than the illnesses they prevent.

So yeah, schools are going to require kids to have vaccinations. I don't know that it's necessarily good for kids to get the H1N1 vaccination, but that's just one among many others that are mandatory.

Get over it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
So yeah, schools are going to require kids to have vaccinations. I don't know that it's necessarily good for kids to get the H1N1 vaccination, but that's just one among many others that are mandatory.

Certainly, public schools have required vaccinations for as long as I've been in school (1963) and before.

But the OP is trying to put forth that New Jersey is requiring the FLU vaccine for public schools and that's simply not true.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Actually that begins to make sense. Have u watched the Jane Burgermeister interview vid?

www.youtube.com...

What if they give the kids a different kind of vaccine? One that spreads the swine flu!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But the OP is trying to put forth that New Jersey is requiring the FLU vaccine for public schools and that's simply not true.

I think it would be best to say that the News Report Video is saying this.

We can as usual, agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You made the title. You said:

Originally posted by warrenb
if you live in Jersey and your child does not have the shot, they cannot attend school until they get the shot

And it's not true. It's only for children under 5, who are not attending public school anyway. You sensationalized the piece. No law against it, but that's how I see it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They haven't put mandatroy vaccinations on Los Angeles yet

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I disagree with a mandatory vaccine, but a private business, which child care and preschool are, have every right to deny entry to someone who hasn't been vaccinated.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the OP or the debate. The link the OP provided wasn't to a private institution's policy it was to the state Government's own website mandating mandatory vaccines for children who are 59 months - 6 years of age or entering the sixth grade and who are planning on attending any school, preschool, or licensed day care facility.

Private business certainly do have the right to deny a child who hasn't been vaccinated but they do not have the right to accept children who have not been vaccinated. Hence why the OP is not sensationalized. Some families are not left with many options and hence will not have a choice in vaccinating their children unless they claim a religious exemption.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by harvib]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
While I tend to disagree sometimes with Warrenb, I think he is dead-on with this post. At the same time, look at what is happening to our health care workers: give me vaccines or give me death

This vaccine is just around the corner for government workers and airline employees (which your government owns because of the bailouts.) Doesn't it feel good to have big brother take care of you. Now take your medicine.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by warrenb

Where does it say that they are being forced to take the shot?

No shot no school, doesn't mean they have to take the shot. They can be home schooled or go to a private school and not have to take the shot.

What if they can't teach or don't have the money?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the OP or the debate. The link the OP provided wasn't to a private institutions policy it was to the state Governments own website mandating mandatory vaccines for children who are 59 months - 6 years of age or entering the sixth grade and who are planning on attending any school, preschool, or licensed day care facility.

As I said before, mandatory vaccinations have been in effect since I started school in 1963. This thread is about the FLU shot. Read the title. And the FLU shot is not mandatory for children entering public schools.

Private business certainly do have the right to deny a child who hasn't been vaccinated but they do not have the right to accept children who have not been vaccinated.

I agree. Your point? That has nothing to do with the OP.

Some families are not left with many options and hence will not have a choice in vaccinating their children unless they claim a religious exemption.

This isn't about general vaccinations (which have been mandatory for many, many years. It's about the FLU shot. And there are many options.

1. Don't put them in licensed preschools.
2. Have their grandmother babysit.
3. Hire a babysitter.
4. Stay home with them.

There's 4 options right there. This story is 2 years old! People are just throwing a fit now... Why?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's really happening. God help us.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So nothing to see here, as I stated before. All those members who called me names should be ashamed of themselves.

BH, I don't agree with you most of the time, but I will always agree with you when you validate my belief.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This thread is about the FLU shot. Read the title. And the FLU shot is not mandatory for children entering public schools.

I don't live in New Jersey but where I live the Public school system is kindergarten through 12th. The legislation refers to children entering kindergarten as well as preschool and day care.

And yes the flu shot is mandatory for children entering public school at the kindergarten level as clearly stated in this paragraph:

More Information About The Flu Vaccine Requirement

Children who are six- to 59-months-old attending licensed day care centers and preschools must receive the vaccine before December 31 each year. Children who turn 60 months of age on or before that date are not required to get the vaccine, but the Department strongly recommends it. Students not meeting the requirement must be excluded for the rest of influenza season (through March 31) or until they receive at least one dose of vaccine.

It's about the FLU shot. And there are many options.

1. Don't put them in licensed preschools.
2. Have their grandmother babysit.
3. Hire a babysitter.
4. Stay home with them.

There's 4 options right there. This story is 2 years old! People are just throwing a fit now... Why?

I have trouble with this logic and believe it to be a little disingenuous. People are forced to pay taxes to support the public school system. This is also tough economic times in a society where the majority of households do not have the luxury of staying home with the children. Unfortunately for most parents the only viable option is to send their children to public school. You are very lucky that the option you listed are options for you or your loved ones!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Having heard this cop-out excuse before I wonder how it works...

“If you don’t vaccinate your child, you’re putting my child at risk,” he said.

So I would like to know how a non-immunised child can put other immunised children at risk?

It does not make sense!!

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
yes i agree but where could this all be coming from?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This has been going on for many years...way before the H1N1 vaccine..My children had to be up to date on ALL their immunizations or they couldnt attend ...that's when I pulled them out of public schools..

Im so glad we dont have the mandatory shot here, yet..and glad my kids are now out of school..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
yeah but you see most people will just do it without a second thought if they are told by govt they have to. so many many will get it done this way. they think the govt and doctors are looking after them and will not hesitate to get it. some of my relations WANT the vaccine and are complaining their kids cant get it. a lot of people are very difficult to get through to, and the idea that the vaccine could be bad wud just shake their world view too much; they will refuse to see it.

many people are like this; thats why we have a BIG problem.

also, speaking of this being a precursor to another event; i think the us/israel are planning to nuke iran (or invade it); events are playing out just like the start of the iraq war. i.e. iran has a secret weapons cache; inspectors are looking into it; etc. just like iraq. its weapons of mass destruction all over again. gonna be another war i think.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

EXACTLY!!! That was a little fact that I unfortunatly learned after I had my kids imunized against the chickenpox. A mistake I have kicked myself for again and again.

All you need to do is fill out a form. You do not have to have any vaccines in order to go to school.

A strange little snippet from the nj.gov website on exemptions:

Religious Exemptions:
N.J.S.A. 26:1A – 9.1 provides an exemption for pupils from mandatory
immunization “if the parent or guardian of the pupil objects thereto in a written
statement signed by the parent or guardian upon the grounds that the proposed
immunization interferes with the free exercise of the pupil’s religious rights.” All
schools, child care centers, and local health officers may be advised that the
religious exemption extends to private, parochial, and public institutions. When a
parent or guardian submits their written religious exemption to immunization,
which contains some religious reference, those persons charged with
implementing administrative rules at N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4.4, should not question
whether the parent’s professed religious statement or stated belief is reasonable,
acceptable, sincere and bona fide. In practice, if the written statement contains
the word “religion” or “religious” or some reference thereto, then the statement
should be accepted and the religious exemption of mandatory immunization(s)
granted.
The language requiring how the administration of immunizing agents
conflicts with the student’s religious beliefs does not mandate specificity as to
membership in a recognized church or religious denomination. NJDHSS will
seek to amend the rules at N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4.4 through the Administrative Rules
process to be consistent with N.J.S.A. 26:1A – 9.1.

www.nj.gov...

All you need to do is state your religion goes against it. And from the part I bolded, it appears just claiming it is enough.

What a pointless situation... And I still stand by my original stance; mandatory won't happen. Just because the wording of it says that children will be kept out of school if they don't get the shot, it is still not saying "Your children will get the shot under the law, or you will be charged with resisting a lawful order." JD140 is right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join