It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 movie comes out 13/11/09

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Seriously, TheDarkHorse, let's see your Oscar winner, where is it, on your YouTube account?

Sadly enough; it’s true, I’ve never won an Oscar, or any other award for that matter. I take that back, in elementary school I won a ribbon for making the best paper airplane design. Looking back, I’m rather proud of it (I drew little flames on the side, and creased the tips of the wings to make it stand out) even though it only flew about a foot and a half before nose diving into the gymnasium floor.

Regarding my YouTube account, I only have a small assortment of short clips of random people getting hit in ‘the junk’ by one thing or another. I’m amused by that.

On a serious note; since it seems like a few of us here are taking my initial post like some sort of personal attack, after seeing the movies I mentioned above (some completely by accident) I felt personally insulted.

Obviously judging by the box office numbers, I’m in the minority. I realized this then, and I am very aware of this today.

This is a discussion forum; I simply stated my opinion so relax.

I am also not afraid to put my work up against any of that ridiculous drivel either. I’ve posted my writing on this site for a long time, some of it fiction, some non-fiction, as well as some poetry.

Feel free to click the links below my posts and take a look. If I’m correct, chances are there won’t be enough stuff blowing up to keep you reading beyond the first few sentences, but since you poked your little ‘stick of challenge’ at me for having an opinion I’m extending an invitation. Putting my money where my mouth is so to speak.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this movie is gonna cause some big freak-outs!!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mommatavino
this movie is gonna cause some big freak-outs!!

Quoted for Win.

This website will be "buzzing" with parallel related threads and alternative same line principles for quite some time before and after.
Most likely. (as it usually happens)

If sparking a little imagination in "the sheeple" is a bad thing, then..I'll just keep reading thedarkhorse's post in regards to storyline and boycott the movie altogether. (He's probably fairly accurate) haha.

But I'm in it for the special effects and being able to see world ending calamities without anyone actually getting hurt. Sure its simple, but like I said, my Tuesdays are pretty boring anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I’m not saying boycott the movie at all. In fact; I was really interested in seeing the film until I heard that it was directed and co-written by Roland Emmerich. At that point I came to the realization that it will probably be a disappointing film. In fact, if you look back at my first post you’ll see that’s all I said.

I was just sort of predicting that the film will be very much a slick Hollywood special effects extravaganza, heavy on CGI and light on substantive story. Truthfully the only reason I even kept revisiting the thread was to look at ChemBreather’s avatar (smokin’ hot!)

At that point; Dramey seemed to take my tiny little post as almost a personal attack and went on the offensive. I enjoy a little forum joisting just as much the next fellow, so it was on.

I have absolutely no idea whether or not this film will be worth the $9.50 admission. But I assure you of this; I learned my lesson with ‘The Day After Tomorrow’. I absolutely refuse to spend my hard earned money to be dogmatically preached to or intellectually insulted ever again by this talentless waste of oxygen. Nor will I ever sit idle while another member of ATS challenges the validity of my opinion simply because I’ve never won an Academy Award. I cannot tolerate that sort of asinine insinuation.

If we all had the same tastes there would be no reason to eat anything other than ham and cheese everyday. I apologize for insinuating that only ‘sheep’ will see this movie, that wasn’t my intent (although, it seemed as if that was my intent).
I know my writing isn’t for everyone, a lot of people think it’s too dark (consequently eluded in my screen name) but I invited you to read my writing so at least it might add a bit of weight to my initial assertion.

Again, I'm sorry about the 'sheep' comment.

But I stand by my initial gut feeling...

this film will probably suck.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

Haha, I hope you weren't offended. That wasn't the goal. haha.
Like you say, everyone has different tastes.

I'm not usually looking for intelligence when watching movies. My work day provides me with too much responsibility and decision making to have to formulate any cohesive thought process, once I'm home.

Roland Emmerich and bros are actually my favorite directors. Just because I'm truly entertained on a mindless level.
I use The Day After Tomorrow as a sedative. 5 minutes and I'm out cold. haha.

It's kinda like being addicted to the doom threads here. You get hooked on the end of the world, and for me its the build up of the ominous doom,destruction and chaos on the horizon. Apocalyptic stuff is fun, when it isn't real.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

You know, you bring up a solid point, perhaps a philosophical one at that. I am in no way intellectually stimulated (or challenged for that matter) by my chosen profession, perhaps this is why I look to the cinema as well as other forms of original entertainment to fill that need.

Maybe I’ve been too critical of Hollywood, so consumed with films with a deeper meaning and simply fail to see them for what they really are.

I think we’ve had a breakthrough today Dr. Demoncreeper. I look forward to next week’s session!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Pure garbage.

Is it any wonder that the best movies ever created were made prior to all the special effects technology. Come on people. put aside the ooooh and ahhhhh that you see from crap blowing up and look at how lacking this movie is in every aspect besides special effects and timing.

One thing that caught my eye was the text written on the side of the 2 at the end of the trailer. All I can make out is "the end apocalypse". Hidden message maybe?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That's my 30th birthday!! My husband is taking me to see it that night. It'll be the first movie we have seen in a theater in 2 years(since we got our DVR)

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

happy birthday to you for the 13/11.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Thank you

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The only good thing about this movie, if anythiung goes by the Trailers, The Vatican is destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes finally the Pope is getting his butt kicked

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If you check Roland Emmerich bio at IMDB

www.imdb.com...

IMHO the list of crap movie direct by him is huge... so the possibility to a good movie will be low
I like the CG animation that's the only reason for me to watch his movies because the rest of movie pure garbage.

AS a director
# 2012 (2009/I) - ????
# 10,000 BC (2008) - crap
# The Day After Tomorrow (2004) - ok to me
# The Patriot (2000) - crap
# Godzilla (1998) - crap
# Independence Day (1996) - crap
# Stargate (1994) - ok to me
# Universal Soldier (1992) - crap

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i'm really stoked about this film.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Did anyone see the exclusive clip they released from the movie?
It looks pretty good.

"When they tell you not to panic...that's when you run!"
lol so dramatic, and does have truth to it.

Funny how the main characters are the only ones driving fast away from the destruction and everyone else seems to just sit there.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i think its pretty interesting how the movie website has an affiliate that has planet X simulations under the guise of IHC "The Institute for Human Continuity"
www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org...

I wonder if the whole synchromysticism is taking place or is this simply great movie marketing .

The impact simulations are interesting to take a look at none the less I have not seen it mentioned yet plus Im a noob to ats.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
I hate to break the bad news to all those excited, but this film will be horrible. Brought to us by the same idiots who slapped together such gems as 'Independence
Day' and 'The Day After Tomorrow'. I'm the type of movie goer that hates witty one liners mixed in my' movie with a message'

Just be grateful it's not a Bollywood musical.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm going to avoid seeing this movie simply because I think that it is a way for the NWO to generate fear in humanity about this event. When a large enough group of people percieve that an event could be a negative thing it may likely turn out worse than it has to. Visualization is a powerful thing. Aside from that the NWO are parasitic and draw certain amounts of energy, almost in a vampiric sense, from our fear.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Native1
i think its pretty interesting how the movie website has an affiliate that has planet X simulations under the guise of IHC "The Institute for Human Continuity"
www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org...

I wonder if the whole synchromysticism is taking place or is this simply great movie marketing .

The impact simulations are interesting to take a look at none the less I have not seen it mentioned yet plus Im a noob to ats.

Its ALL part of the movie marketing.

www.youtube.com...
This youtube channel is so fun

"End of World. Since the apocalypse gonna have an internatiol flavor... we all gonna down together" CharlieFrost2012

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I found it kinda weird they made a movie about it.Wonder if the "power elite" have anything behind it

ex

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's a movie and not a documentary. Movies = Entertainment.

And besides, 2012 is the new Y2K. Everyone's jumping on this tired bandwagon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join