It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on bbc webcam during live broadcast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
thanks for all the interesting and positive responses to my first ever thread on here.

i dont really suspect it's intelligently controlled craft, but i certainly don't think it's a bird, bug, radio controlled craft or trick of the light.

it will probably just remain unsolved, at least until someone convinces me otherwise!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by Sam60

If you " Go light" in the upper left hand corner, than you can see why. Apparently, that's what they're using?

The comment's about as useful as the presentation..... i.e. Superman passing gas.....

Age estimate - 12 yrs.

How troll of you to say that.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It seems to resemble a ROD, but according to Jose Escamilla, Rods are present mostly on high altitudes, and they simply fly so fast we can't see them. It's their trademark.

Here's a short video to give you a feel for the ROD phenomenon:

What type of bug would that be, eh Sam60?

The signature doesn't really fit with the BBC video,

I don't believe it's a bug. It does not fly or behave like an insect, it is white, and even though the object flies above the bridge structure it seems to be at a fair distance to the camera.

I've never seen a bird fly so fast, and if someone claims it to be a bird, please tell me which one of England's white birds can fly so fast that a professional camera on daylight mode cannot even distinguish shape or wings (flapping or not, which can normally be seen clearly with a shutter speed of 1/250), even in slowmotion. And throw in a comparative video of it too.

Personally, I would guess it's a fast moving orb.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I really don't know wha this could be.
Perhaps a spirit, some astral entity or an out of body traveller?

Everything isnt just technology (alien or human) or natural phenomenom

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i definately saw a few things in the london sky last night, also the moon was SUPER BRIGHT!

i can upload a pic later if anyone is interested..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well I am shocked to see something like this on my local news and in my local area!

I cant tell much from the video but it has to be bigger than a bird! But it also looks like it fly's through the bridge. And to fit through that gap it cant be very large either!

So I dont know what to think!...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I came to the conclusion that it passes above the bridge. Check the bridge arc at 0:15, I'd say the object passes in front of it.

Originally posted by TheOracle
Perhaps a spirit, some astral entity or an out of body traveller?

Everything isnt just technology

Since the Elf community has not yet issued a statement on the incident, it's hard to say. What we do know is that some type of manifest object passed in front of a BBC camera at great speed, nothing more.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was wondering about the abrupt change in angle. Isn't that said to be typical of alien or UFO technology? It may also be a drone of some type.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Sam60

If you " Go light" in the upper left hand corner, than you can see why. Apparently, that's what they're using?

The comment's about as useful as the presentation..... i.e. Superman passing gas.....

Age estimate - 12 yrs.

How troll of you to say that.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by aleon1018]

No, no, no..........

I wasn't meaning your comment was useless & worthy of a 12 year old.

I was refering to GI_Wolves" comment (written in that horrible green font) where he said the object was "Superman passing gas".

Sorry mate.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Rods?

And Escamilla?

Oh come on.....

Where's the hidden camera..... it's gotta be a gee up.

Rods equals........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce39e1cb6fe7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Too bad you didn't bother to check at what altitudes insects go Sam, or at what temperatures they can exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Too bad you didn't bother to check at what altitudes insects go Sam, or at what temperatures they can exist.

It ain't no rod mate, because there ain't no rods.

And that, as they say, is that.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I guess you can solve the whole UFO phenomenon problem reasoning the same way Sam.

"It ain't no UFO mate, because there ain't no UFOs.

And that, as they say, is that."

Wow, how easy that was.

Problem solved folks, please move on.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
I guess you can solve the whole UFO phenomenon problem reasoning the same way Sam.

"It ain't no UFO mate, because there ain't no UFOs.

And that, as they say, is that."

Wow, how easy that was.

Problem solved folks, please move on.

Honestly mate....

Escamilla has been totally & utterly debunked as a hoaxer with these "rods". Additionally, many, many videos proving that rods are "bugs" have been posted.

It's all here on ATS.

As for the broader UFO / extraterrestrial issue, I'm certainly not close-minded about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I was thinking it could have been a light source accidently reflected upon that image in the studio-but on closer inspection the object seems to fly under and through the 1st arch

Its also very blury,it could be a bird but I dont think so as the ripples in the water seem smooth and the cars on the bridge in the distance seem to move in a non juddery way too.That should be good enough to see wing movment

It looks legit,but perhaps the production team like to play little jokes on the viewers and added this object with CGI.I know last year on the BBC breafast news some jumbled up words behind the presenters head on a screen paused at a clear(rhymes with Hunt!)word that I was able to hit record on sky+ and amuse my friends when they came over!This could be one of their little games,or it could be real

who knows?

Anyway great post,thanks for taking the time to do it

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Clearly swamp gas rising over venus.

Solved.
Close the thread.
Nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Escamilla has been totally & utterly debunked as a hoaxer with these "rods". Additionally, many, many videos proving that rods are "bugs" have been posted.

It's all here on ATS.

The same small group of people - here on ATS - that systematically snicker at every UFO report also snicker at the Rod phenomenon. They are by no means experts on the subject.

The only 'qualified' debunking of rods that I've come across - Doug Yanega of the Entomology Department at the University of California - claims rods are:

"a videographic artifact based on the frame capture rate of the videocam versus the wingbeat frequency of the insects. Essentially what you see is several wingbeat cycles of the insect on each frame of the video, creating the illusion of a "rod" with bulges along its length. The blurred body of the insect as it moves forward forms the "rod," and the oscillation of the wings up and down form the bulges. Anyone with a video camera can duplicate the effect, if you shoot enough footage of flying insects from the right distance."

This neat explanation may impress some, but it simply shows that Yanega knows more about insects than he knows about videographics.

What Yanega ignores - even as an entomologist - is that rods is mainly a high altitude phenomenon - where insects do not venture because: a) strong winds unable them to navigate b) cold temperatures c) it is not their 'turf', they stay close to the ground because that's where their food sources are.

Also, rods have been filmed in heavy rain, when insects take shelter, and they have been filmed traveling in excess speeds against the wind! Aouch!

Thoroughly debunked? Not so.

But this thread is about the BBC video, so let's get on with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by icarus78

Whoever is stating that this is a bird need their heads examined!!!!!!

This is way too fast for a bird and it's definately no plane either because it's too low.... i was going to say remote controlled plane but can't be that either because of where it comes from where would the guy holding the remote be standing?

Not a missile either......

Flag this one as it is a mystery

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that ALL rods are bugs.......unless there's some REALLY HUGE bugs out there. Some of the rod videos, sure move weird like worms. I wonder why we never see huge birds, like Robins chasing them.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Check the video, there's a group of people on the bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join