It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on bbc webcam during live broadcast

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

That is a gross thought Mr_XIM.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Kind of a non story.....but i would put my money on a Rod as well those unexplained flying things that have been filmed all over the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Or it could just simply be a hoax to get people go on their website to see the video and give feedbacks and at the same time look at all the advertisments ont their website ...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by WeSbO]

Well the BBC is publically funded through a license fee, and is therefore advertisment free...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
In response to zorgon's thread here

I believe it's Superman.

Jerry Seagull knew something when he created Superman and that news reader is clearly daunting us with this knowledge.

Darned NWO overlord bullies teasing us with the truth and then discounting us when we figure it out.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Looks like a bird "rod" to me also.

Here is a high speed camera explanation, for anyone who with doubts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
this is from the closed thread I posted in didnt know there was an active topic on the matter so to contribute to the discussion:
"
wow someone threw a frisbee or its trash.

the UK is notorious for having low health standards and unhealthy living conditions comparable to a third world country. Didnt anyone see american beauty with the guy filming the floating plastic bag, that is all this footage proves and nothing more. I wish it showed something extraordinary but a Frisbee or a bag of trash is nothing otherworldly. I am a proud AMERICAn and I have been to the UK many times and when I blow my nose in the UK black stuff comes out, its real gross and just shows their lack of hygiene.

"

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I actually see 2 other moving/flying objects in addition to the fast moving one ac cross the screen.

Just below the arch part of the near bridge moving from right to left, then on the far bridge just below the arch part moving from left to right. Those little white saucer shaped objects.

The one on the far bridge appears to dissuader....I don't know what these 3 things are but the appearance of the other 2 objects makes me think camera anomaly.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
And I will state again, dont start being rude about the state of the British nation unless you want some home truths back at you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It could be money?

It would it explain why it is flying away so fast, remember Northern Rock is based in Newcastle and as far as I can see this is the Tyne Bridge.

Most likely this is a bug or bird. Unless theres a tiny little UFO flying around, there was another video just like this last year, seems that history repeats itself each year.

Heres some of the other BBC footage I am talking about...

edit on 28-9-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
this is from the closed thread I posted in didnt know there was an active topic on the matter so to contribute to the discussion:
"

the UK is notorious for having low health standards and unhealthy living conditions comparable to a third world country. Didnt anyone see american beauty with the guy filming the floating plastic bag, that is all this footage proves and nothing more. I wish it showed something extraordinary but a Frisbee or a bag of trash is nothing otherworldly. I am a proud AMERICAn and I have been to the UK many times and when I blow my nose in the UK black stuff comes out, its real gross and just shows their lack of hygiene.

"

I hope this is bait, and if you are serious this is very disrespectful and doesn't have its place here on this thread and on ATS in general.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAMOo

Originally posted by tigpoppa
"

"

I hope this is bait, and if you are serious this is very disrespectful and doesn't have its place here on this thread and on ATS in general.

Just shows you how little people actually think for themselves.

I think someones been reading the news actually and warped it into their own version...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Ignorance at its best.

edit on 28-9-2010 by XXXN3O because: Spelling correction

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

Looks like a bird "rod" to me also.

Here is a high speed camera explanation, for anyone who with doubts.

www.youtube.com...

I with doubts.

It doesn't look like a 'bird rod' to me, and nothing like the clip you posted. Sorry.

Here's a still image of the 'object'. It's clearly very light or white colored. The only white insects in Britain are a couple of white butterflies, so we can safely rule out bug.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f83a27f8a3e.png[/atsimg]

Leaves only bird as a possible rational explanation. When this thread was fresh, I spend time looking at other video clips of the Milennium Bridge area. There are white sea birds present, and they can fly pretty fast as they dive down and level out over the water.

A couple of problems though,

In their behavior, they tend to 'circle' rather than fly straight, and they manouver a lot. It's in their nature. I simply didn't come across footage where any bird flew like the object in the BBC clip.

Also, in order for a bird to have its silhouette rubbed out and 'loose' its wings, it's got to fly damn fast. Compare it to this model airplane (video posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist in the same thread) which makes 200 mph:

www.break.com...

At no point in the video does the plane become blurred or indistinguishable, so how fast is the Milennium Bridge 'bird' flying?

Nevertheless, we are probably looking at it through a crappy low-definition surveillance camera, which has to be taken into account.

To wrap it up, I doubt we will ever know what this footage shows with any certainty, unless someone provides a video taken under similar circumstances showing a similar object, which can be identified.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

My explanation video was just a camera computerization example.
I really like your close up, it shows a "tube". The heading does say it was a cam ;o[

I don't know a lot about how you got that pic, but can you get another capture at .09 sec. Just before the arc on top of the bridge?

Please

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I simply downloaded the video and freeze framed some shots along the object's trajectory. What you need is a dark background to get a proper definition of the object's outline. This was the best shot and the only one I kept, I also binned the video afterwards.

I believe the drawn out tube shape is a speed effect, my guess.

There seems to be a grey 'fuzz' where you could expect to see a wing, but I could be mistaken.

Surveillance camera or web cam, in any case it's low definition.

Here's a blow up,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9f51baf44db.png[/atsimg]

and the same area without the object,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7e356628de5.png[/atsimg]

correction: the grey fuzz is there even when the object isn't, so no proof of wings.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Heliocentric because: being a bloody perfectionist and never quite content with what I posted

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

TY for the screen shots- really. I will try it.
I will download it so I can go frame by frame and see if I can screen capture what I think I am seeing.

#$&@*& web cam

I thought I saw it move upward and just before ten 10 sec.mark, there was flutter lol

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Looks like a swamp gas bubble impersonating Venus to me.

Zorgons thread was better, he always has higher quality!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

What difference does it make who's thread it is?

It's the thread subject that matters, and in this case it's the same.

You can always make this a 'better' thread by saying something worth reading about the BBC clip...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join