It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Electro38

You didn't listen to/watch the vid did you? Kind of hard to comment on the OP.......

Dr. K was talking about grid outage also. This in itself is not a new idea -- the probability of a CME/magnetic pulse killing power/communications/nuclear safeguards, etc. No, it isn't thought to be a killing force in itself, and it wasn't suggested so in the OP's video. It's the ramifications of sudden and unprecedented outages that could be a global distruptive event.

Yes, there are people around the world that don't have power and probably won't notice this event, IF it happens. Power goes down, people die, systems are SNAFUed, and possibly even FUBARed. It could reflect a potential and real change with peripheral repercussions. Of course, that part is my opinion.

So what there is a "global disruptive event"? The Mayans predicted a "global disruptive event"?

You know, people did OK back in the early 1900's before there were communication satellites, etc. etc. But I am 41 years old, probably twice as old as the people thinking we're gonna die from a "global communications disruption" the was predicted by the brutal/savage/murdering/object worshiping Mayans.

Most 20 somethings here live on their cell phones, internet, Ipods and TV. Thats ok, but I'm just saying humans lived through an ice age wearing animal skins and hunting. We lived and thrived before we had electricity.

Everything he said in that video is just a rehash of crap I've been hearing for years, and I'm sure my contemporaries feel the same way.

And by the way people have been predicting the end of the world since we recorded history, none have been right.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just wanted to say, I don't mean to sound like an a-hole. I'm just expressing very humble opinions and also respect yours.

Why do people think the Mayans were some spiritual good/great prophets?
The Mayans who brutally murdered their fellow human being to appease the sun?

Those are the people you're basing your beliefs on?

You know that celebrity scientist needs to have ratings, his producers need for him to have ratings, so they work some popular fear topics into their agenda, and it works apparently.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

...that would be fox news for you

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jhathaway

You are sensationalizing what I said which is what is being done about what Kaku said. I'm referring to it being mixed in as proof that the end is coming in 2012.

This is a technical problem that needs to be dealt with. We are not all going to vaporize or something. This does not mean Niburu is going to destroy the earth.

If this is confirmed or expected you can bet everyone from the media to the military is all over this. Shielding is likely being developed right now from the research at HAARP but of course the people excited about this are the same ones who want HAARP shut down. That is where I'm coming from here.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

The Mayan's predicted Nibiru, Not the 6th Sun cycle or that its going to shoot off Magnetic Pulses or whatever. Drop me line when you spot Nibiru in the sky. Everyone is now riding off the Mayan's date. If we date back 11 years from 2012 we get 2001. Guess what nothing then? Not much . A normal day at work. Its just Hype. they all getting sucked in.

As for the first Video on the OP. Its all "WHAT IF" he said it himself. He has no scientific evidence that says anything is going to happen in 2012, Its just another earth cycle and Sun Cycle. Because we have only been taking notes on our earth for the last 50 odd years, now we all of a sudden we Earth Experts.

The US Weather in the last month has recorded records for both High and low Temperatures in many cities-Want to know why?..... Niribu's gravitation pull on our earth. B.S .No there is a Jet stream that should be in Canada and northern U.S .Instead its running from Canada to Mid US and back up to Canada. A shape of a big dipper instead of a gentle snake up north.

Earth is designed for weather patterns to change. Its us that find those changes so difficult to Accept. Its always has to be something else. Its just happens that Part 2 of the Mayan Prediction is nearly upon us. So we'll ride that wave until 2012, wait a few years after that and I’m sure there will be another "something" out there. Oh! Part 1 of the Mayan predictions never came true, the guy predicted Nibiru would effect earth a few years ago and never did. But all these SO CALLED EXPERTS....still ride on someone’s word when he made his name "ass" a few years back.

I’m sure there will be a crop circle coming soon to your nearest U.K corn field on this topic. Maybe there’s been one already and we’ve just misinterpreted what it was saying….darn stupid us!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I just wanted to add that many people, so called experts said the same thing about Y2K, they thought the boogie man was gonna come on new years eve of 1999.

People were selling all of their stuff and bugging out, other people were making money from it.

Nuclear bombs were gonna go off, etc.

Most of these things that are predicted by prophets are done for money, fame or celebrity, which all comes down to money. Scare people = make money!

I know it sounds silly, young idealist people have a hard time with that, but as silly as it is it's true. You'll learn to see through such things when such things don't matter to you anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Some people want to make us believe the Mayans were these great prophetic people, they were not!

We should create our own reality, stop living by "predictions". Yes, we're all gonna die but no one is going to predict our fate.

We have to stop fearing our demise. They are trying to control us or make money from us with fear.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Mayans Hopis Aztecs Eskimos and any other Native American were once a unified people which explains their calendars ending on 2012. Whoever was scribbling the calendar either got bored or died or died of boredom and no one picked up the torch and continued. Instead of worrying about 2012 keep an eye on the 3rd Temple that will be built and the day it is defiled. Then you can worry. Unless you are without a soul and then you can mock.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If there is a world changing catastrophe it will be because of men like Rumsfeld, Kissinger or the Buildyourburgers. If you want life to continue with all its cushiony fluffy creamy goodness then take them out of the equation and if there is to ever be a true awakening and uprising it needs to happen before they pull the plug on communications such as this. Act soon or the window will be shut.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The end of humanity is not predicted for 2012, only a transfer to enlightenment and a new age for mankind. Perhaps a minor and over due culling of the herd. No doom in that.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You didn't sound like an a-hole Electro, I did. I read what I wrote to you and it was much harder than I intended, and I'm sorry for that.

I'm ten years your senior, and I understand where you're coming from. A grid out/communications out wouldn't kill me either. I could be completely off-base, but I think it's as much the psychological ramifications as anything physical. People are dangerous when they're scared or deprived, you know?

I don't think Dr. K was necessarily trying to make the CME/solar storm coincide with 2012. He's talked on various programs on the history channell and elsewhere, and the editor of the programs clips his comments (my opinion) to make it seem like he's onboard with the 2012 cataclysm stuff.

I personally can't hang my hat on an interpretation of Mayan prophecy and I don't believe in Nibiru. Also think the "galactic alignment" while real is something akin to levels of probability, of which were already getting pretty much maximum influence from. The Earth is constantly changing and perhaps outside influences and forces contribute to that.

We'll have to just wait and see. I can't quantify it in any credible way, even to myself, but I have an unattached feeling that something of global importance will happen then. I hope not.

cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by Foppezao

Thanks
I guess the schizo/doom and gloom went a little overboard with these thought images. Too much paranoia/science fiction/hollywood experience...I guess.

Sooo, what would actually trigger a more massive catasptrophic scenario like this?

Pole shift? A passing large asteroid? Are there solar EMPs?

One recent science fiction program involved temporary changes in the gravity field that showed people floating up over the ground. I would imagine that could be debunked, as well as they showed only a few things, rather than anything that would such as in a zero gravity space craft.

I'd like to see a documentary and or thread that 'thoroughly' debunks all of these. Maybe that's impossible.

Well this theory is also not 100% proof. Like what happened in 1859 Telegraph systems were shutdowm. It seems as if large cables from the electricity grid or internet/telephone cable can act as a large antenna, because of the ionostream of the solar storm electric currents can occur in those cables..It seems as if only fiber optic cables are resistand.

wikiThe telegraph lines in the past were affected by geomagnetic storms as well. The telegraphs used a long wire for the data line, stretching for many miles, using ground as the return wire and being fed with DC power from a battery; this made them (together with the power lines mentioned below) susceptible to being influenced by the fluctuations caused by the ring current. The voltage/current induced by the geomagnetic storm could have led to diminishing of the signal, when subtracted from the battery polarity, or to overly strong and spurious signals when added to it; some operators in such cases even learned to disconnect the battery and rely on the induced current as their power source. In extreme cases the induced current was so high the coils at the receiving side burst in flames, or the operators received electric shocks. Geomagnetic storms affect also long-haul telephone lines, including undersea cables if they aren't fiber optic based.

I think the main thing is whether things work with magnetism or not, batteries and such, cd's dvd's wont be touched..A Harddisk will be erased but the computer itself wont be hurt...Its not the same as an EMP, but i must say, its some difficult material..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Deceitful thread title.

OP does not help his/her hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Its just a coincidence that the next cycle falls on 2012. Remember that the Sun and Earth are 4.5 BILLION years old (or for some 6000 years
) That means that 4.5 Billion divided by 11, it has happen over 409,000,000 times (four hundred nine million times)...

The good physicist said that we are more vulnerable technologically, as we have many many sattelites that we depend on for everything we do in life from calling to banking. He says that businesses an people should be prepared.

In 1987 there was a massive blackout in Quebec because of a solar storm that fried electronics. Something like that may happen again. What I am concerned about is that he said that scientists were off by a factor of 20, does it mean that its going to be 20 times worse than predicted or to the exponent 20 (1 followed by 20 zeroes)?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You know, people did OK back in the early 1900's before there were communication satellites, etc. etc. But I am 41 years old, probably twice as old as the people thinking we're gonna die from a "global communications disruption" the was predicted by the brutal/savage/murdering/object worshiping Mayans.

Hey, that sounds like the people today. Funny how over 2000 years hasn't changed us one bit. Sure, we have computers and we can split the atom, but when you cut it all away, we're still exactly the same as back then. So I don't think they were any more savage, brutal, murdering, or object worshiping than we are.

I have to go, I need to worship my ipod and American Idol before I go to bed.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Sirius20]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No one is saying we will die from a "global disrupting event", if this does happen on a large scale it will change everything as we know it(maybe).
And alot of 20something people do rely too much on technology, but you probly know as much about wearing fur and hunting as the 20yr old people do. And whats your problem with the myans? Ive never heard anyone describe them as "spiritual good/great prophets", yes they were brutal/savage/murdering/object worshipers, but so were christians.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The ability to make accurate calendars, in no way reflects a civilizations ability to make accurate predictions. The only "predictions" we have (including Nibiru), have been made quite flimsily by quasi-archaeologists who come up with their own "special" interpretations of statues, inscriptions, tablets, and so on. As much as historians and profession archaeologists change their theories, I trust their opinions 100 times more than these charlatans who produce book after book of bogus predictions, none of which every come true.

This is simply a Goodchild prediction we sadly have to wait until 2012 to debunk properly. But I guarantee, it will be debunked. Of course, just like every year, something significant will happen... a large earthquake, a nasty tsunami, or something else, and people will flock to that as the "prediction." But the world won't end, Nibiru does not exist, and you are pinning your opinions on a long-gone civilization, who believed that the moon was a god. Their predictions are accurate? Whatever. Please post a single prophecy of theirs that has been proven to be accurate.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Seriously, 2112 is a crap Rush album.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
2012 will be an interesting year...

Another Y2K or not... we should rather be safe than sorry!

Im not convinced about the whold Mayan calendar thing though....

Anyone know of cool thread on hole in magnetic field?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
let there be no mistakes..... the sun is preparing for something...!
thought it is quiet but something else is going on..!

an idiot long period of no sunspots ...
rapidley climate chance on all planets..
oure earth shield under tremendesly pressure..
noctilucent clouds at night spreading over the world...

my feeling says that the sun is generating a lot of strange energy that we can't messure...and scientist know moore aboute it than we can imagine....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join