It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Will Be So Much Better When Aliens Show Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think it's time for a change from the work, sleep routine, time for an awakening to see we were meant to do more then go to work and come home everyday.

I think if aliens landed everybodys life would be much better, considering they were friendly. Sometimes I wish something big would happen to change the state things are in now, globally, it's not too pretty.

These aliens would be so advanced they could have an answer to all our problems. A cure for all the diseases, a solution to free energy and many others that would benefit mankind. Best of all there would be less skeptics.

Im sure if they're smart enough to travel here they're probably smart enough to negotiate. Wouldnt life be just great if they came today? I hope they land in my driveway!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
sort of like winning the lottery I suppose

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Why would aliens do that?

If we can't take care of ourselves, why should they come to clean up our mess, or take responsibility for us?

A cure for all the diseases

Provided they understood human biology well enough. If, for example they were a reptilian, avian, cephalopod, or some other type of being we have yet to dream of, their understanding of human genetics, biology, and diseases would probably be a bit behind us.

Best of all there would be less skeptics.

Why, exactly? You'd abandon yourself to the aliens without any thought?

The aliens themselves would probably be pretty healthy skeptics, seeing as how they'd have had to work out the theories and principles behind father than light travel, or extended living in a space craft.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
why would fewer skeptics be a good thing?

it would mean there are more people likely to believe anything they were told.

skeptics are a good thing.

and i agree with the user above me. why would aliens want to travel all that way to babysit a bunch of barbarians and morons?

it would probably be in their best interests to wipe us all out and take whatever resources earth has that they can use.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just remember if they do come...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/714d06d42c4c.jpg[/atsimg]

No doves!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have this idea there just might be peacefull aliens willing to communicate with us. Perhaps they're just waiting for the right time.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why are skeptics a bad thing?

IMO we need more skeptics. I don't want to live in a world full of sheep..

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
skeptics are bad cause when you show them a picture of a UFO they're like, no that's not a ufo that's a balloon. silly skeptics.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

but skeptics are sheep...

And we as a civilisation must reach "advanced maturity" in order for ETs to come here, otherwise we would have some gun totting religious nut shoot them because they are "devils" or whatever.

1st we must break the religious mind control that has inflicted so many.
2nd DISARM - period.
3rd Reclaim our freedom from corporations...that aim to control us all.

and then we have to step into a loving space and collective consciousness.

We have so much work to do, in so little time - before we stuff our planet.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, Incas did benefit from their "aliens" that sorted things out, all right. They are no longer bothered by all these silly questions like "to be or not to be", or "where do i get corn for cheap" or "why life sucks". Aliens took care of that.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
IMO we need more skeptics. I don't want to live in a world full of sheep..

But aren't the skeptics who toe the party line and only believe what the government and NASA tells them to be true not the REAL sheep?

Its the people in between, those that can see both sides ogf the fence that we need more of

As to Aliens making things better? If I was them I would exterminate the hu-mans and let the planet return to its natural beauty

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
skeptics are bad cause when you show them a picture of a UFO they're like, no that's not a ufo that's a balloon. silly skeptics.

Believers are bad because when you show them pictures of balloons they say no that's not balloons, those are UFO's. silly believers

[edit on 18-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

I beg to differ. Skeptics question...believers believe most things without asking serious questions. So tell me who is the sheep....the ones who question or the ones who believe blindly.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesickoSo tell me who is the sheep....the ones who question or the ones who believe blindly.

Both

The blind believer who calls you a disinfo agent when you bust a pet theory and the blind skeptic who sees nothing but what THEY tell him is true

BOTH are sheep because neither will bend with the breeze and actually take time to STUDY and consider... just maybe... they might be wrong

[edit on 18-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I actually think we would be worse then we are now. We love to declare war on other nations, just for oil, technology, and control. Just think for a second, if aliens came down, they would obviously be more advanced then us, right. Well, I could see us trying to kill the visitors, in order to find out how they operate, just so we can have the tech, and sell it to people around the world, cause that's how we work. We want answers, and we don't care how we get them, even if it puts thousands or even millions in danger, we need it.

Na, I think we would be in a worse situation then we are now.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Chovy

Why would aliens do that?

If we can't take care of ourselves, why should they come to clean up our mess, or take responsibility for us?

I hear this argument all the time, even from those who are allegedly in contact with aliens. The answer to "why would aliens do that" is simple: If I (or perhaps you?) saw a child in danger or sick and had no where to turn, no one to help and no knowlege of how to help themselves, I would intervene and maybe teach them what they needed and maybe even stick around until they could fend for themselves. Just as the hypothetical child, we are operating on a limited amount of information and severe restrictions on changing our condition. It's arrogant to say we should be responsible for our own mess when we are operating under such harsh, oppressive conditions.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

and what about the fact the P's left us for dead - the D's come in take over the planet - genetically manipulate the cavemen there to be used as there slaves - then the Z's drop in and scam us on a deal of their tech for human abductions?

I agree we have a case for intervention (in a positive manner) because our state of play was screwed with and manipulated before we had a chance to be all that we are. I say free energy would be a good start.

Universal law (exopolitics) is just as boring as it is here - trust me I'm reading the book
(sorry Al)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Do you have the second and third steps mixed up? If those already abusing soft power are facing demands to give said power up from a disarmed populace, I suspect the demands would be ignored, and police and military brought in to correct the problem as the power holders see it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lhuhikwdwoo

The chicken or the egg huh?

Bottom line is people don't want to kill each other, people want to be left alone and live in peace, and I think if every armed force personal in the world just withdrew their silly alliances (all BS ego if you ask me) to whatever sill flag they worship - and see one world love over the country they "SERVE", well the whole bigger picture looks a hell of a lot better.

Call me a romantic fool - but if we as Earth peoples really didn't want to live in this 'love consciousness' - we would have killed ourselves off a long time ago.

Its all BS - guns, violence , killing , - all complete BS. ETs know this - and this is why we have to evolve into a galactic consciousness - and don't fear any of this BS anyone throws at you. It is hard though. Maybe to hard for some...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

sigh.

*snip*

www.britannica.com...

Skepticism:
in Western philosophy, the attitude of doubting knowledge claims set forth in various areas. Skeptics have challenged the adequacy or reliability of these claims by asking what principles they are based upon or what they actually establish. They have questioned whether some such claims really are, as alleged, indubitable or necessarily true, and they have challenged the purported rational grounds of accepted assumptions. In everyday life, practically everyone is skeptical about some knowledge claims; but philosophical skeptics have doubted the possibility of any knowledge beyond that of the contents of directly felt experience. The original Greek meaning of skeptikos was “an inquirer,” someone who was unsatisfied and still looking for truth.

Skeptics are the exact opposite of sheep. A skeptic is a person who challenges new information and demands evidence before considering it true, thus leading to a much higher proportion of accurate beliefs. All scientists are skeptics. Skepticism is the entire reason you have a computer or the internet. As someone mentioned before, if highly technologically advanced extraterrestrials came to earth, the odds are STRONGLY in favor of them using a skeptical mindset / philosophy.

If it weren't for skeptical minds you would be living in a cave worshiping stars and trusting astrologers and bone-readers to lead your community.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by JScytale]

Mod Edit: Politeness is mandatory.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by seagull]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join