It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercially available wireless electricity is here ...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

But again, all of that needs advanced technology being developed today. For instance, birds can see these currents, we cannot.

We need detectors, we need processes, we need so much stuff.

What Tesla wanted to do was not affordable.

Like it or not, Even Tesla couldn't make a 2 story computer of the day into a laptop without the technology of today.

Yes, the world would be simpler and cheaper, but that's only to the outside observer. To the common observer, a computer seems pretty simple, but cut it open and you see the result of a century of research and development.

'Ol nikko was a great man, but he was not God. He was just as bound by technology as any other man.

His towers and ideas were not possible in his day in age.

Even his mercury gun is just now being looked into because the machines to built is now exist. It could not be built in the 40s.

I know we'd all love the fallout universe to be real and possible... at least before the war. But this is fiction. It is not possible.

The difficult cannot be made simple. It can just have the illusion of being simple. It is, however, not.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ive had wireless electric in my toothbrush for ages. Or is that something else?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Probably the same stuff. Also, what's the range.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

From what I have read on their site the range depends on the desired hardware, bot they say they it can reach several meters, through walls, and around metal obstructions.

[edit on 2 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well who wouldn't enjoy an extra ball???

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

hmmm. Odd. Why wasn't it so publicized?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

What do you mean G?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Its only a tiny distance of a few mm but it is making a connection though waterproof plastic.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Well if this is from years ago, it should have gotten more publicity.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This is probably one of the 'worse' applications of Tesla Tech I can think of.

Proponents of this technology claim that energy density would be so low, you may need a large antenna to capture usable energy - I believe them.

Problem is, there's very little research on biological effects done. Even the microwaves off our our cellphones, no one is certain what harm it's capable of.

It may also be easy to weaponize or quickly convert a civilian transmitter, into something that can focus this energy to lethal doses and used to assassinate or torment individuals.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If it passes through walls then it passes through people too. I think we are already being blasted full of too many holes by x-rays and gamma rays from the sun, the galactic center, and radiation from all over the universe.

But, If it zaps mosquitoes and other biting flies I'm all for it.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This may by a form of switching transformer.
Which from the last description I heard goes like a high frequency oscillation
is set up to rectify for DC circuits and thus reduce the large and heavy
transformers normally used for a more compact and light weight
package for tape recorders to stereos.

This applies at one meter distances seems workable.

There is also induction paths that is thought with Tesla with a 6 foot
coil and a lowly light bulb on the ground.

There is also a beam that powers due to Tesla taking the second
terminal off the X-Ray tube.

And the standing wave of inductive and capacitive voltages at
180 degrees opposing oscillation, this is normal, set up with
the ground.

Perhaps even a flat coil beam as used by Tesla in his lab that
help in his parlor demonstrations to Mark Train.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Havent followed the entire thread, but I just wanted to add this has got to be one of the longest delays between invention and marketing to public.

It's been over 100 years since this technology was first invented and used, and we are just now hearing about it. The world that's been crafted for us is so pathetic.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
If it passes through walls then it passes through people too. I think we are already being blasted full of too many holes by x-rays and gamma rays from the sun, the galactic center, and radiation from all over the universe.

But, If it zaps mosquitoes and other biting flies I'm all for it.

Cosmic radiation is actually blocked by our Ionosphere/Van Allen Belts. Nice try though

Natural sources of radio waves like our Sun and the Galactic Center is different. It's those waves that may have influenced our DNA evolution. Other forms of radio waves might be incompatible and prove harmful.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This thread is NOT about Tesla though people seem to think they know about his work.
It's been pointed out already but I had to say it again.

How many know that Tesla appllied for a patent of a night time solar generator?
Take the size of our sun, multiply that by thousands and harness that energy that's being directed at as by the kazillions..

I have a question for ANYONE..

what is energy?
define please and explain where it comes from.

That being asked, you don't have to be afraid of wireless energy, you just have to be afraid of the people who sell it to you.

b

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

That being asked, you don't have to be afraid of wireless energy, you just have to be afraid of the people who sell it to you.

b

It really doesn't matter who started wireless technology but this link might make you think twice.

www.rense.com...

After being exposed to electromagnetic fields that are typical for mobile phones, the cells showed a significant increase in single and double-strand DNA breaks. The damage could not always be repaired by the cell. DNA carries the genetic material of an organism and its different cells.

"There was remaining damage for future generation of cells," said project leader Franz Adlkofer.

This means the change had procreated. Mutated cells are seen as a possible cause of cancer.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I thought this was pretty old news...
Its probably efficiency, safety issues and the hard to accept paradigm of electricity going through the air which has stopped development. Oh and money.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think the technology here uses resonant magnetic fields (the range would be quite limited in such a case as the field is closed around the coil to an extent)

Tesla used a kind of resonant electrostatic setup which is a little different in that the electric field itself is doing the resonating (first order field) rather than the magnetic field (second order).

To try to phrase that better, Imagine a solenoid with a field around it and another coil facing it. As the magnetic field grows and shrinks around the solenoid, the the field at the end of the solenoid strengthens and weakens, and this induces a current in the other coil of matched mass.

Tesla did not go out of his way to create a magnetic field, he just built the voltage right up and oscillated the electric field directly. Those disturbances were then picked up by the identical equipment at the receiving site.

He always seemed to calculate the lengths such that the difference in the sine wave was such that the voltage would be at its highest at the top sphere of the device.

I can't seem to articulate myself very well tonight, it must be the amalgam fillings

[edit on 3-7-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's called Energy Induction.

No big Deal.

Get over it.

Nothing to do with UFO's or conspiracie's etc.

Christ sake, you can buy PC Mice that that work using this principal here in the UK for like £10.

If you cannot over the in the US then thats your problem but it's limited by certain physical limitations.

In the next 5 years we will see the slow prolifieration of devices that use this simple system but unless we want to obliterate certain radio frequencies beyond use, the power requirements are simply not enough to piower say... for example... your general, overweight Americans flat screen TV ok?

John Crichton

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
my biggest concerns would be.

1. How much radiation will this device put out? For example, larger power lines put off radiation along the line. There have been cases where this has caused cancerous growths in residents living within close proximity to the power lines.

guess we'd just have to augment our bodies to a higher level .. one that wouldn't be negatively affected by such energy.. one that would work in harmony with it.

-

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join