It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercially available wireless electricity is here ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Where does one go to learn more about Nikola Tesla?

Oh man, there are sooo many places if you do a 'search' ...
And many ATS members who are incredibly versed in his work.

I however do not happen to be one of them.

Though this thread has added to my limited knowledge.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The video shroedinger presented is nothing more than a magician act. To think that resonance power can be used without health consequence is absurd. Microwave came out of the sufferings from working on Radar equipment. Ask biomedical engineers what are the effects of small signals on human in order of micro and miliamps. The equipment they use for muscle pain and other health issues. Any time your body or body part comes in between the waves it does effect. I wish I could find some material to present it here. I remember a TV show "Believe it or Not" a man with piramid look alike cap (conical shap) swore that by wearing that cap his sex drive enhanced. In reality it was protecting his head from Radio waves and + ions in Air (this is purely my opinion). I have no intention to stir up anything but merely warn my ATS members to be careful from such statements. The idea is not new. Not too long ago the controvertial orgument of cell phone can cause cancer. Since your body part doesn't come in between waves, it doesn't hurt you. This is similar to high tension power lines, those that live close to it they get effected. That's why they have to maintain certain amount of distance. On rainy days try to cross those lines under and see how you feel afterward.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your answer!

It was thorough and along the same lines as my view.

I guess its hard to tell or answer on viability etc.

I agree with you:

We do not need any more of the technology that is not in tune with the planet and the ecosystem.

Besides that technology can thrive all it/we want/s, but the above has to be a prerequisite if any technology is to survive along the way along with us and the planet.

S+F

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by DaMod

Q: Is WiTricity technology safe?
A: WiTricity’s technology is a non-radiative mode of energy transfer, relying instead on the magnetic near field. Magnetic fields interact very weakly with biological organisms—people and animals—and are scientifically regarded to be safe. WiTricity products are being designed to comply with applicable safety standards and regulations

I think that the effect on the biological system is quite understated. The thing that this transfer is occuring in the magnetic field should raise some concerns.

Read here

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say but most of you do not seem to understand the gist of Tesla's work, at least based on your replies. The kind of energy he discovered is opposite of the energy being used elsewhere today.

This "wireless" technology has nothing to do with Tesla's research, as far as I can tell. It still appears to be based on Hertzian (Transverse) waves, while Tesla's work was with Longitudinal waves.

You still need wires throughout your house so this is NOT wireless electricity. There are still meters in your house and you still have to pay for energy on a kilowatt-hour basis.

Sure, the appliances are not wired but hey they need to be within couple of feet from the wall or wherever you installed the other coil that plugs into your house wiring. Woopdeedoo.

I won't even dare to estimate the effect this might have on DNA of living things around these "frames". There's no way to determine whether it is safe or will your kids be born with horns and cow feet.

Someone mentioned Tesla's tower earlier, saying how that's not needed anymore now that we have this wall hung frame. Pretty uninformed statement, in lieu of what I wrote above (wires still run throughout your house and appliances need to be close by that frame, plus transverse vs longitudinal electricity).

The idea behind Tesla's tower, and the prior experiment with the elevated sphere at Colorado Springs, seems to be that he wanted to pump energy into the Earth. He needed a large capacitance above ground to prevent discharges into the air.

If you look at Wardenclyffe (from now on "the circuit"), Tesla had hundred or more feet buried rods beneath the tower that were part of "the circuit." There was also a system of tunnels and what not beneath the building and connecting to the tower, which is mostly overlooked in conversations or discussions.

Further more, the energy would not be coming out of the "thin air." Tesla intended to use hydroelectric power to produce initial energy and pump it into "the circuit." Then by creating a standing wave through the Earth, it would be "nudged" at resonant intervals to maintain it. One could tap into the wave from anywhere on the planet with a resonant circuit tuned to that standing wave.

Once again, this was not based on Hertzian Transverse wave, but a Longitudinal wave. Big difference, as the later is a super-luminal wave.

If you want to learn more about Transverse vs Longitudinal waves, The Borderland Sciences Research Foundation guys back in the late 80s (Brown, Dollard, Lindemann) made two videos about it, basically bringing the whole subject out of obscurity into the public light:

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

BSRF also has a set of books on the subject: www.borderlands.com...

More modern research has been done by Prof. Konstantin Meyl who wrote some books as well, and clip from one of the videos is here:

video.google.com...

[edit on 1-7-2009 by amigo]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Nope. Any such device would be quite large and complicated. The company producing the machine would probably sell it like an online video game. A monthly payment system.

Not too hard to do.

In some ways, we do this already with phone and internet. They are just as vital as energy itself these days.

You'd probably have a monopoly at first. But the government might put a ceiling to the price. Not too cool but eventually another would design an alternative with the same results, or the government would split the company in half. Or, the government itself might own it, but that wouldn't bee too cool.

No matter how you view it, free energy would be a very lucrative business.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Forgive me for not reading all posts, but this technology is years old, commercially i mean.

A UK company has been trying to put inductive chips inside mobile phones, so you can charge them on a coffee table, for example. They never quite made it because PCB real estate is at a premium and i guess their chipset was a tad too bulky. OEM's are a tight bunch!

Company: www.splashpower.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Interesting info. Haven't had time to see your links yet, but this phrase really jumped at me:

Big difference, as the later is a super-luminal wave.

Can you elaborate, or is it one of the videos??

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Traverse waves are sinusoidal, longitudinal waves are like sound waves, composed of compression and rarefaction in one direction.

Surely the Tesla tower was just a glorified TV aerial that resonated with transverse waves, which are sinusoidal EM waves where the electric & magnetic components are at 90 degrees to each other.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I remember reading something about using the Earth as a giant magnet as it's full of iron and then you can set up terricualr currents. Submarines could then tap into this Earth current to recharge.

I suppose if you have the right refractive index then 'massless' waves can travel faster than c, just the opposite effect as light slowing through crystals and a prism, for example.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

"subspace power transmission"
Now if that can be made to work, it'll be cool as f**k!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A quick question for those of you who know a lot about electronics....

The other night, my friend Scott says, if you take a fluorescent light and hold it under power lines, it'll light up. So we walked over to the big honkin' power lines near his house, and it worked!

It was one of those long tube-like fluorescents, not CFL's.

Is this what they're talking about? Also, the light only lit up when one of us was holding it. It didn't light up intensely, but there was definitely an obvious glow.

EJ

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Any chance the Russian "tesla" power station (although some call it a high-voltage research facility) tried to harness wireless electricity - and failed? The station does appear to be abandoned.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HorrorRoach

There's a guy that makes art under that principle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f45c8a748267.jpg[/atsimg]

www.stopgeek.com...

Apparently the power line electric field affects the the fluorescent lights.

[edit on 1 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is really fascinating.
I love Nicholas Tesla- he was a innovator!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I won't stand within 10 feet of a micro-wave cooker, at the end of that vid the guy had it about right when he was frying hisself.
This is old stuff, basic transformer stuff, still electromagnetic radiation.

He said at one point only radio-waves, still EM, go stand next to a Radio tower, or put head in Micro-wave.

And like said this is far from what Tesla was doing, the power you get from Radio-waves is very weak over distance.

You can build a Tesla device all you need is ground, capacitor, switch, wire and a sheilded pick up, free electricty.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Schro, this is off topic for this thread. The fluorescent lights you have mentioned are glowing due to the air leakage of electric currents near high volatage transmission lines. This is in no way related to wireless electricity.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by amigo

Interesting info. Haven't had time to see your links yet, but this phrase really jumped at me:

Big difference, as the later is a super-luminal wave.

Can you elaborate, or is it one of the videos??

Thanks.

In the first video the BSRF guys show that Longitudinal waves break the light speed as their propagation is not retarded as the Transverse waves are. The experiment is very simple to setup and could be done with parts bought cheaply off eBay (function generator, coax cable, etc).

Also, Dr. Meyl displays super-luminal aspect as well with his unit - the difference is more modern circuitry than what the BSRF did 20 years ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
reply to post by amigo

Traverse waves are sinusoidal, longitudinal waves are like sound waves, composed of compression and rarefaction in one direction.

Surely the Tesla tower was just a glorified TV aerial that resonated with transverse waves, which are sinusoidal EM waves where the electric & magnetic components are at 90 degrees to each other.

You've got A LOT to read next time before making a silly statement about TV aerials.

But don't take it from me, get it from the "horse's mouth" directly. That is, read what Tesla said in his own words because he himself noted that these were not Hertzian (Transverse) waves many times.

Here's a link to his Colorado Springs Notes:

www.scribd.com...

If he used a "glorified TV aerial" in his Colorado Springs lab, then he would not had been able to light a bulb 40 miles away by simply touching the ground with it. The power requirements would be much higher as the Hertzian waves follow the Inverse Square Law, while Longitudinal don't.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

PJ I am aware of that, I was answering another member's question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join