It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second American Revolution Has Begun! Then What?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrij
A violent revolution will not solve anything. Thousands will die. If not millions.

Due to the fact that this armed revolution would consist of a minority of Americans, they would be easily disposed of. By disposed of, I mean killed or imprisoned.

The government would then implement martial law. Police and military checkpoints would be established throughout your country. Surveillance would be magnified.

Those involved in this violent revolution would be classified as terrorists, and the majority of American citizens would be in agreement with that assessment.

Change will only come when the majority of Americans feel that it is necessary.

It will more than likely be accomplished through peaceful methods.

Your desire for bloodshed will make matters in your country worse.

Your desire for bloodshed will ensure that your country is plunged in to a state of chaos.

Your desire for bloodshed will ensure that an actual police state is instated.

Your desire for bloodshed will truly erode your freedoms and hasten the destruction of the U.S. constitution that you all hold so dear.

When the majority of American have had enough of the current political climate, you will not need violence to restore your nation to its former glory.

My desire for bloodshed? Who are you talking to? I don't see anyone here who desires bloodshed.

I was up in the Blue Ridge mountains and got charged by a 3000 lb Black Angus bull one time. I saw it coming, but that doesn't mean I wanted it to come.

Just like I see what's coming to America. Doesn't mean I WANT it to come. Big difference.

For the record, things of the precise nature being discussed here kept me from acquiring various and sundry hoofprints all about my person. At various and sundry times, and in various and sundry places.

Survival. It's not just for war anymore, but it works there too.

Out of curiosity, if my "desire for bloodshed" will bring all of your listed calamities on, what will my complacency bring on? Will we all get to sing Kumbaya around a campfire if I just ignore stuff? You better hope not, 'cause my singing voice is atrocious.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well of course, I figured these would be the kind of responses I'd get on this. Soldiers who speak of war with glory in their eyes seldom like to listen to journalists who've seen more than their share of it from every side.

I've seen, firsthand, what war does, to both sides of a conflict and those caught in between. It's not something you want more of, ever. With knowledge of how to fight comes responsibility. Part of that is the wisdom to know when and where not to speak of such things. For myself, I tend to only speak of it in hushed tones, with close friends at a bar, over a pint. As for sacrifice, ask me about that after the second or third pint at least.

I don't wear such things on my sleeve, journalists don't get campaign ribbons, and I've got nothing I feel I need to prove to the members here. I'm just offering my opinions, and enjoying the responses.

I will hope though that you do think about it, the responsibility that comes with knowledge of war. Your karma will thank you. Talk can easily lead to action, even in unintended ways, and violence always begets more violence.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

I can't agree more violence only begets more violence. Armed struggle should always only be a last resort, and only when all others are completely worn out.

Since most of you that are in on this NWO revolution bit seem to also be Christians, here's how it's laid out in your own God-inspired book:

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matt, 5:9

"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong." Joel 3:10

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. "

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

See? I can quote stuff too!

Can't just throw stuff out like it stands alone. Don't worry, lots of Christians have that fault too.

The Ecclesiastes quote nicely wraps things up to show that various quotes don't just stand alone.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrij

You are correct. I consider myself an idealist. Though, in this instance, when speaking about an armed revolution, I think that my stance is based wholly on reality

No disrespect mean to SGTChas, but the majority of his threads, and there are quite a few of them regarding this subject, seem to advocate violence as a means of solving the political crisis that Americans currently face.

I was only attempting to offer an opposing point of view. That point of view being that a revolution based on violent ideology, will only create more problems than many here believe it will solve.

You and others on this forum are certainly free to feel otherwise, however.

Thank you for specifying, and realizing, that these are only viewpoints, wherein each is entitled to his own. Star.

I think I might actually be able to hold a civilized discussion with you.

That puts you in a minority at ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Well of course, I figured these would be the kind of responses I'd get on this. Soldiers who speak of war with glory in their eyes seldom like to listen to journalists who've seen more than their share of it from every side.

There is NO glory in war. It's only dead, mangled bodies, Burned and blown up dwellings, refugees, hungry kids, weary soldiers with that faraway stare, constant boredom punctuated by sheer terror, and a constant threat to the survival of all caught up in it.

It's a nasty, ugly business, but there are times when there is just no alternative offered, other than abject submission. There are folks in this world that will push a thing, tease a thing, ignore all entreaties, and laugh in the face of those they would conquer. Yes, Virginia, there ARE real monsters in this world. Sometimes, a time comes when they just desperately NEED killin'.

I've seen, firsthand, what war does, to both sides of a conflict and those caught in between. It's not something you want more of, ever. With knowledge of how to fight comes responsibility. Part of that is the wisdom to know when and where not to speak of such things. For myself, I tend to only speak of it in hushed tones, with close friends at a bar, over a pint. As for sacrifice, ask me about that after the second or third pint at least.

So have I, and for the most part I couldn't agree more. I think we might differ on the proper venue to air that knowledge, however. Could be that's one of the differences between journalists and soldiers. Journalists report in news venues, and get to walk away. Warriors have a responsibility to insure the survival of their people. That means making sure they have the knowledge to get through whatever hits them. However, I fully realize that just because one walks away from a war, that doesn't mean the war walks away from him. That wasn't a slight against journalists, just an observation.

I will hope though that you do think about it, the responsibility that comes with knowledge of war. Your karma will thank you. Talk can easily lead to action, even in unintended ways, and violence always begets more violence.

1) Karma bites me in the butt every day, as soon as I wake up. Sometimes before I wake up. That's why I look at karma and say "bite me!"

2) Telling people how to survive a bad situation is no more responsible for unstable people that teaching a baby how to use a fork is responsible for obesity.

3) Violence DOES NOT always beget more violence. A dead enemy will never lift his hand against you again. The dead are incapable of violence.

Except sometimes when you sleep.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well alright, I can see where you're coming from far more clearly now after all of this. I'll buy it, and I do think we both agree that we hope this kind of knowledge never does need to get used.

Perhaps it's just the differences between journalists and soldiers (which by the way I agree with you on to a point, except that I always make a point to go back and do follow up stories when I can after it's all been said and done) or between Buddhists and Christians, and I do hope your right, that violence isn't just another hard-to-break cycle. I think I'm going to have to reserve my judgment on that one for a few more years and some more experiences in life first though.

The knowledge is useful, and it always does have a proper place, but I do worry that there are nutters out there. However a quick few google searches showed me just how many far scarier and easier places to get a lot more specific information do exist online. Honestly, I really didn't have an idea it was that massive.

So I will say I do think you've convinced me. I'm not about to share my particular stories and insights that kept me together when I was in the thick of it, but I will well heed the stories of others. Well done.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Yessir, there are far scarier internet places than this, virtual do-it-yourself mayhem kits.

I've heard rumors that Al-Qaida has an internet based correspondence course, password protected of course, for jihadis bent on single combat.

And I have to admit, if it weren't for some journalists, sometimes the stories would never be told. There's good and bad in all ventures, and I try not to paint with too broad a brush.

Some stories will never be told, for all that, except around campfires and over a beer or two, and then only within living memory, because there was no one there at the time to document it.

And the loss of that knowledge to the archives of humanity is a sad thing.

[edit on 2009/6/30 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If I gave the impression that any of these survival tips were intended for use against the government, then I apologize and will say it plain: these were general and some specific tips on staying alive in a state of anarchy.

Many of these were learned and determined the hard way - good men actually died while making mistakes, from which these lessons are learned.

You read other posts, and you'll find I do not embrace fighting. But if it comes uninvited, and a man or group comes looking for a fight - then why let them go away disappointed?

I've stated that I think some catastrophic event will occur which will cause unbelievable chaos and results. Just as the shooting in Europe of a guy in Europe eventually meant World War One, and even the US entry - some apparently small things can snowball in a hurry.

With the misery and uncertainties of hundreds of millions world-wide . . . it may not take a lot to tip the thing over.

Now if you want to be offended by what I write, PLEASE don't read it. If you don't want to be offended, but are - don't read it.

But if you just want a few tips to lock away in the back of your mind "for just in case," then do so.

Survival. Survival in an increasingly turmoiled USA.

I just don't want anyone to become prey when they may not have to.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
From the movie "A Few Good Men"

Thank all you guys and gals who have stood or are standing on the wall.

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Who started the first war anyway???
God in heaven mobilized his good angles to throw proud Lucifer out!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
I think your signature, "Dark Night Coming..." says it all really. You're not offering solutions, just inciting violence based on a subjective view that it's inevitable.

MY SON DOES NOT INCITE VIOLENCE !!!
He has made it his mission to try and WARN people what is
happening.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
throw down your guns and pick up a lady
and the world will be a happier place
and more crowded

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join