It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

Can you eloborate on that...a bit? Links will be appreciated, and especially news storys. That way we are not working off of rumors.

So what happened in Maryland?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Here you go

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

There is way more to this story than what the government is allowing us to see in the media.

Ask this question to yourself: Don't you find it odd the day after this story ran the outbreak hit?

Now they are vaccinating in Mexico.........With what? I think we should all give Baxter a phone call........

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Could they bee vaccinating with whatever vaccine they already had on standby, like Tamiflu for example or something ? Isn't that what most countries stock now, even though we know of course it's not likely to do much ? Bit like going to your DR for a normal flu jab but no guarantee it would work as new flu strains can resist the outdated vaccination ? Though of course I know nothing (yet) about what is "normally" used for a vaccine in a virus that is alot like swine flu...

whatever they ARE using they must have tens of thousands of shots to hand , can we find out WHAT vaccine they are saying they are using ?? Then maybe try and source when it was bought and from who...a little sleuthing might shed some more light . I understand your line of reasoning though, just saying lets see if we can find out a bit more before being sure they were already prepared for this very virus to hit

[edit on 24/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

There is way more to this story than what the government is allowing us to see in the media.

Ask this question to yourself: Don't you find it odd the day after this story ran the outbreak hit?

Now they are vaccinating in Mexico.........With what? I think we should all give Baxter a phone call........

I'm not sure I would want to be one of the first in line getting a vaccination for this.
How is it possible to have a vaccine ready for a new strain of anything?

We'll know soon enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

Prepare you and your family for a personal lock down in your own home........avoid the vaccination

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If this thing goes global and we don't take any vaccine being doled out, is the idea to basically stay holed up indoors and if so, how will we know when the virus has died down ? When its safe to emerge again so to speak ? Does there come a time when after X amount of weeks no new cases are reported and then we know it's "safe" to enter the outside world again ?

What causes a virus to die off anyway , to stop infecting people ?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Speaking of aliens...

You've heard of Montezuma's revenge? Go into Mexico, drink the water and come down with a horrendous case of diarrhea?

How long ago was Obama in Mexico? I think it may be alien in origin,
and it will be called...OBAMA's revenge!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to the CDC live press conference that just started:

www.nbcdfw.com...

I hope they share how they are going to determine how this outbreak is being spread.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I definitely would not take a vaccination! Not of any sort. My daughter works in an office of 3 doctors, family practice for 8 years. Even the doctors do not ever take the flu shots!

So...yes I am concerned for those in Mexico who have already been injected with who knows what? Mostly am investigating this as I remember reading about the contaminated vaccines from Baxter.

Wash wash wash your hands! And staying away from crowds is a good idea. Other than that...I am not going to be too paranoid...YET!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not an American but since this flu orginates from Mexico I hope all these illegals don't pass it on because they happen to not abide by the rules whilst your government gets passive by doing less about it.

But the news already is in that it is hitting America already so just hope its not because of irrisponsible behavour. If need be stop flights to and from Mexico regardless of political correctness with the self suicide mentalities.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wonder if this is how they are going to kill everyone in the concentration camps. Bankers hold the vaccine, people in the concentration camps get slaughtered. But no blood is spilled. Perfect for their PR, and above all else, it's easy as hell.

We are all scared... We must stay calm, stay focused. That is the only way to greatly heighten our chances.... Other than of course isolating ourselves from civilization. For the majority though, this might not be feasable.

Also, stay away from people as much as possible, if this turns into a pandemic. I hate to say it...... but t sure looks like it.

I live in northern California, so I am nervous. Although I am prepared to drastically change my life, in order to save it. You should prepare to do the same.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In the netherlands the national health institute just issued a statement urging people that have recently returned from mexico, and are now running a fever to go to a doctor or hospital.

Any other countries with similar things happening?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wow... just think about the fact that the "elites" might have been using the bird flu to "test" on humans, it didnt work the way they wanted it to, now they have combined 3+ different flu's into one and now are testing this one.. insane!

good post OP

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"(CNN) -- An eighth case of swine flu in humans has been confirmed in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yes sorry, this is what i had read.....

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
I am repeating...I have a Question

Why are they vaccinating in Mexico? 04/24/2009 UPDATE:
There is no vaccine, but doctors say some newer medications like Tamiflu have been effective so far.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

There is a vaccine for swine flu that was given out during the Ford administration. It was linked to a rare illness that caused paralysis in human beings called Guillain-Barré syndrome. There were reports of people dropping dead from heart attacks minutes after getting the shot. I think in all 20 or so million were inoculated in the U.S. I'm guessing that might be what these people in Mexico are being given. I don't have a source, i read this years ago in a colliers encyclopedia volume...sorry.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

also of note it says

Swine flu is usually diagnosed only in pigs or people in regular contact with them.

so to say it is deadly is false, our bodies are great machines, its when they arent working properly they will fail, and we all treat our bodies horribly, well not all, so to say this will be a pandemic is just not the case

its like the flu that kills ederly and kids and immuno comprised people

oh fear is wonderful tool to control

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nevermind i just saw that she replied and it is something different she is referring to.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by sliceNodice

also of note it says

Swine flu is usually diagnosed only in pigs or people in regular contact with them.

so to say it is deadly is false, our bodies are great machines, its when they arent working properly they will fail, and we all treat our bodies horribly, well not all, so to say this will be a pandemic is just not the case

its like the flu that kills ederly and kids and immuno comprised people

oh fear is wonderful tool to control

Viruses mutate... It never hurts to be prepared.

You are right about our bodies. They are magnificent biological computers imo. There is a good chance you wouldn't get infected from the sound of things. However, one shouldn't take chances when your life is in danger. Also, I would like to note that these news sources aren't exactly... truthful. They might be toning down the numbers so the public won't panic. Or deeper yet, so the public will underestimate the virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join