It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have compassion for psychopaths?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thank You, thats so very kind of you. It is hard sometimes, I'd love for my children to have that loving g-ma but please, dont be sorry, it's made me who I am. As much as it's hurt, as hard as it was/is, it's made me, me and I like who I've become. She's taught me the type of person I'd never want to be. I had to cut loose 10 yrs ago. I had to change the situation bcuz she definately wasnt going to. I've realized that it was never about me and my shortcomings but hers. It's really a shame, she's missed out on the mother-daughter relationship and a best friend. If I feel anything it's pity. I might take u up on the U2U though, friends are a good thing.

Kim

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
you can have compassion for anyone because you can feel sympathy for their suffering. I think the name of your thread should be called "should we have compassion for serial killers," since that is what I assume you are referring to when you say slicing people's arms like slicing bread, and not a psychopath such as someone who is greedy or obsessive. perhaps your friend didn't think you were only referring to serial killers.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I mentioned the factor of being able to get away with the act. Generally, a psychopath wouldn't do such an act unless they were certain they would get away with the act, or were really not too bright. Bright psychopaths tend to do things which work within the legal framework, even though it's still evil, as the system has been thoroughly corrupted.

Why would you think we should have compassion for a greedy psychopath? Through their greed, the acquire from others through deceptive measures, and cause untold suffering.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The way I look at this issue, I end up with a dilemma:

Are we in control of our deepest thoughts and desires?

I think we are largely not in direct control of our thoughts - psychopath or not.

Every living thing has my compassion regardless.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Its hard to read these posts about compassion for those who have none themselves. None of u have any idea, do you? Its nice to say we should have compassion but u have no idea of the pain these people cause, all without regret, all without remorse and sometimes with a sense of satisfaction. Let me share some experiences my brothers and ive had growing up. I'd first like to say that this is a bit uncomfortable only bcuz its stuff I rarely talk about. Maybe you'll see things differently or atleast make an informed decision. Hmmmm, where to start.....and forgive me, I'm typing as they come to mind so it may not be chronological.
My mother abused all of us but on different levels. She beat my younger brother. sometimes so hard that he'd convulse, my first memory of that was when he was 4. She beat the kid unconscious.
She left me with a sitter that beat me hard enough to leave bruises on my back.
When my baby brother was 5 she found out his sitter was molesting him, as well as her brother. They made him watch them have sex with one another, yeah, the brother and sister. Then the brother taped it when they made my brother perform oral sex on the girl. Even after my mother found out she continued to leave him there when she wanted to go out for the night.
She put us on a plane to MD when we were 6ish without telling my dad, she called to tell him hours after we landed. She sent us in too small pajamas, me with my doll baby and my brother Dave with his blankie. He was actually wearing one of my old nightgowns.
One of our dogs got out and ate the neighbors Thanksgiving turkey, it always makes me think of 'A Christmas Story' The court said she she was to reimburse him the $75, she had Muffin put down instead.
Our other dog Sasha was left on the side of the highway. She chased our car until she couldnt anymore while me and my brothers watched.
She cheated on my father who has m.s. bcuz 'it's not like he'll live long anyway'.
She did all of this without a tear, without an apology or a regret.
Ive got not only my life time of stories but my 2 brothers as well. This is just a small example of the pain she caused us, I could probably fill this page and 4 more. Can you guys honestly say ud have compassion for someone who did any of these things to u or those u love? She's shallow and knows nothing but selfishness for her own wants. She's cold and her heart is empty, she has no soul. She doesn't deserve compassion, she wouldnt accept it if u offered it anyway. It would be wasted.
I'd like those of u who care to read my posts on other threads. I'm not callous or hateful. I give of myself freely, my compassion exceeds more than most. I'm empathetic to a fault. What I'm trying to say is that if this woman deserved any compassion I'd be the first to give it to her, she is after all my mother.
Like I said, you guys have no idea. Some will still claim to be compassionate to people like her but you could never really know it for sure unless you've lived it. Not a neighbor, not a friend but the one who's supposed to love u the most.
Please forgive any errors, I'm on phone. Fat finger syndrome. ..lol.

[edit on 8/2/10 by Demetre]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Thank you for the courage to share with us on ATS. Yes, it's very frustrating hearing naive people speak of unconditional compassion when it seems they are quite clueless.

I have experienced psychopaths firsthand, but not my own mother. She is quite narcissistic, was ... abused by her father when a child, and it was incredibly difficult for her to be empathetic with us while growing up. I'm still a bit torn about it, because it's difficult to have someone show and profess love for you at one time, then go entirely cold-hearted without notice, switching on and off endlessly.

I experienced minor beatings, extreme emotional abuse when not being perfect in her eyes, and various other monstrosities. Please I don't in any way mean to compare my experiences to yours. I just mean to share.

I also dealt with people throughout my life that were incredibly manipulative, and used my naivety, and deep sympathies to exploit me, and attempt to twist my mindset after I lost my little brother in a dreadful car wreck and was traumatized. There are many psychopaths who try to act highly spiritual and be as gurus. Please be aware, ATS members. They're on this site as well.

Compassion should be extended to those capable of extending it back. Some will use any kindness you give, and twist, and twist, and twist ..

Thank you again.

I wish others had your insight into their mindset without having to experience the damage firsthand.

Please, if anything I said was upsetting don't hesitate to let me know. I may not be as sensitive as I need to be at the moment. I've had a few drinks. If so, my deepest apologies.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes, we are to have compassion and love for all of our brothers and sisters and all the masks they wear and wish the very best, healing and help as we would for our very own children. Alot of trauma at an early age, particularly crucial between 3-6 when most children go through a phase when they learn that others have feeling, you only go through it once in your life. If someone has no where to turn, is going through trauma and/or is being ritually abused/m'kultra, even, this produces psychopath's and the bloodlines/nazi's have been studying and doing horrible with consiousness for a long time. Trauma. Separation anxiety. It is well known and taught in pschology 101 that daycares full time for children under 1 year of age, (there are studies for older and the doctors in our province cautioned against Gordon Campbell's attempt to force mothers with young to work, when children need to bond with and be in relationships with parents)
produces 40% separation anxiety. Separation anxiety creates 80% sociopathy in studies. Thats almost half of the children at very high risk for sociopathy due to not valuing womens work of equal value, and children.

No I'm not dog eat dog capitalist, that is crimes against humanity to me.

Privileged upbringings can produce similar things to.

This has nothing to do with not protecting society from dangerous individuals but a focus on healing and bracelets and house arrests is a lot better than our punitive dark hearted system.

Unconditional Love for everyone is a part of progressing, and not judging, lest we intend to judge ourselves in the end, our Higher Selves are somewhat tough on us. We need to be loving and compassionate and find better solutions than we currently use.

Why in the studies done, dna wise, were many on death row innocent? Ever wondered what was going on? Even before I ever had a computer around 2001, I knew that police officers and investigators take many shortcuts to save cost, to satisfy bloodlust and public outcry but that the real criminals were actually coddled in many cases, for the trauma they do is part of the bloodlines plans.

When you walk in everyone's moccasins you learn alot. For some here, life is very pleasant though how they can go sleep at night with the trauma, suffering, abuse, murder bombings in illegal wars of children, sexual abuse, starvation, and complete hell and stress of poor children and homeless in our own countries, too, I have never ever figured it out. I have a very hard time with this myself. I can walk in everyone's moccasins. I am shocked out my tree that very few do. For the majority of people on this planet, this is hell on earth, beyond your imagination apparently. You don't even try to comprehend it.

When I hear of cases on the news, I see people, who feel like me, and my family. I see everyone, including the victim, and really feel for whatever they have gone through to feel as they do. All are victims, all break my heart. I light candles for each and every one of them. I pray for them, take it into meditation.

I send light, and prayers for all the children, feeling alone, being programmed by traumas and various life experiences to become psychopaths. I ask and plead with Higher Power that they are healed and feel loved and rescue.

You can go into a hospital and look at the babies who are precious. And count. 1 2 3 4 5 6, a rapist. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, etc. an abuser. It matter not, everyone counts, and nothing happens by mistake, everyone counts.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I fully understand that the naivety and heart of some people will prevent them from accepting that some people are BORN evil and will REMAIN evil no matter what we do. Furthermore, they will USE any bit of sympathy via compassion you provide towards them.

I've said this too many times on this thread. Broken record.

Sociopathy/secondary psychopathy is acquired. Primary psychopathy is not, it is fully genetic.

Very hard to reconcile this truth for the spiritually inclined individual, hence the point of this thread.

Just because we really wish something is not, doesn't make it so..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I agree that many are naieve in their idealism of offering compassion to those with no conscience. When you have been subjected to the torment of a psycho, idealism goes out the window. You can't possibly know how cold, dark, calculating and evil some minds are. There is no excusing some of these behaviors. It's an insult to call them animals because animals do not have that calculated evil in them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Demetre

Thank you for the courage to share with us on ATS. Yes, it's very frustrating hearing naive people speak of unconditional compassion when it seems they are quite clueless.

So everybody not agreeing with you is quite clueless?? Excuse me but you were the one asking the question, if it's that frustrating, why put up a thread?

Your lack of compassion might be an indicator of some neurological damage, who knows.

Let me ask you a question, without compassion what would you suggest to be done with psychopaths?? throw them off a cliff??

Putting them in a facility where they cannot harm another human being is a form of compassion so you must mean trowing them off a cliff....??

Compassion should be extended to those capable of extending it back.

So much for all catatonic and autistic people. Is there still room at the bottom of that cliff of yours??

But you've made it pretty clear that you are not waiting for such input, so I'll leave you to your merry band of like-minded so you can discuss in depth how much you agree with each other.

Just out of curiosity, the discussion you were having with this friend, he walked away in frustration or mad because you called him clueless??

Oh and for your consideration:" Make no judgments where you have no compassion." Anne McCaffrey

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Okay, I feel the need to point out the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath, just in case some people aren't aware.

A sociopath can be rehabilitated. It's a mixture of genetic abnormalities and environmental factors. I can entirely understand building empathy, and compassion for a sociopath. A sociopath has a partial conscience, that gets turned on and off constantly.

A psychopath is incapable of having a conscience. It's beyond their comprehension! They will never be "rehabilitated" because they were never with conscience!

Both can actually live a productive life and be very successful, but then there are cases where they are not. Their issue is actually biological based just as pedophiles are. Their way of thinking and urges are incurable. This is seen in the flow of their brain’s patterns of operation when compare to a normal healthy brain.

For those who can control their urges and use their very different way of thinking for productive use there really is no problem, but those who cannot need to be isolated basically forever, sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

I fully understand that the naivety and heart of some people will prevent them from accepting that some people are BORN evil and will REMAIN evil no matter what we do. Furthermore, they will USE any bit of sympathy via compassion you provide towards them.

I've said this too many times on this thread. Broken record.

Sociopathy/secondary psychopathy is acquired. Primary psychopathy is not, it is fully genetic.

Very hard to reconcile this truth for the spiritually inclined individual, hence the point of this thread.

Just because we really wish something is not, doesn't make it so..

I would have been contented to keep my silence, and hope that with the removal of posts that you will learn what is compassion all about, with you the one on the receiving end for your uncivilness and rudeness on a public forum. You claim pyschopath cannot be rehabilitated, but then you are certainly proving yourself a pyschopath in your failure to recieve compassion and rehabilitation!

But when you continue to spout nonsense about children being BORN EVIL, you had crossed the line of common decency and rationality, further adorning yourself that label of a pyschopath.

Do you even realize what you are doing if people are convinced by your nonsense. Parents will simply disown kids if they so much as show wilful behaviour, which is only NATURAL in children! Is it not enough that man kills men that you now promote man kills children as well!

PLEASE STOP YOUR NONSENSE ABOUT INNOCENT CHILDREN BORN EVIL. There is NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to show evilness in kids, but full data sets avaliable should you wish to research on innocence of kids. The only evil that exists are your irrational thoughts and beliefs!

Man are products of their environment from birth. Give a kid hell and he will grow up into being a Satan. Give a kid love and you will be loved in return. This is only natural. Thus compassion is necessary in our world.

As I mentioned once before, Compassion ends when Justice is screamed aloud by those who are or about to be hurt or harmed by pyschopaths

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sociopaths and Psychopaths should be treated by a doctor, psychologist and or psychiatrist. You can't blame them for their genetic make up and brain abnormalities. If anyone has studied psych and read the DSM. The term psychopath AND sociopath are not actual psychological disorders. Sociopath AND psychopath is actually Antisocial personality Disorder. APD is a very very serious disorder that is difficult to diagnose, because they do not have emotion and cannot contemplate guilt. Their brain is pure self preservation when questioned they can lie without ANY tell tale signs. To think that they choose to be this way is ignorant.

And by the way I am NOT a psychologist but rather a student in psychology. If you want more information look up the DSM IV, it will give you all the signs and symptoms as well as how to treat it.

Xiamara

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Being firm in your stance needs not be uncivil to another in a discussion. Being passionate does not mean you have the right to denigrate or throw your anger and displeasure at anyone who DISAGREE with your babling nonsense!

Why threaten to leave when others disagree with you irrationalities and mental disorder? Think they will beg you to stay? It's your choice. No one pointed a gun at your head to be here, or to leave.

If you persist in believing that mankind has the answer to solve mental disorders, there would be no insane people living in asylums today or will they even exists.

All science knows is label something that they do not yet understand and treat it with drugs that reacts with chemicals to slow down our heart rate, that's all, the way a panadol is suppose to stop fevers, which we all know is only a harbinger of something medically wrong somewhere on our body or an inflamation somewhere.

STOP YOUR NONSENSE ABOUT CHILDREN BEING BORN EVIL. The only evil that exists is the evilness that lies in your irrational behabviour and thinking! This has nothing to do with religion. It is about humanity. How many children murdered would it take to stop your evil???!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
screw it, you guys continue to live and la-la land.

Hope you realize that because of your naivety, humanity is oppressed and billions suffer.

Way to be, guys!

How compassionate you all are ..

[edit on 3-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Unfortunately, it is YOU that is from HELL!!

Go back to where you belong, child-murder promoter!! I am shocked there exists humans like you! Truly, today, I am awakened to this horror!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes, we should allow psychopaths to continue to the age of reproduction so that they can continue to pas their genetics which are inclined to seek positions of power and use this to exploit innocent others. We should do our best to be compassionate towards these people so that they can continue their serial-killings, pedophilia acts, and other various crimes against humanity. That is a much better option!!! OF COURSE!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

unityemissions,

So you want us to be compassionate about you having no compassion for psychopaths??

Okay, I have never been confronted with a psychopath so my view on this matter might differ from yours and I respect that you have no compassion for them...I really do!!

But what's up with the anger towards people with an opposing view?? You asked a question...

Please elaborate on what your possible solution would be for this abnormality. I would like to know what the results would be of your inability to show compassion towards these people.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

What you claimed ARE NOTHING BUT LIES AND DECEIT!!

There will be no billions to suffer when we start murdering innocent kids for their naiveties and deemed them as offsprings of the devil or born evil! BECAUSE MANKIND WOULD HAVE ENDED!!

Unity, what had you done to allow evil come into you????

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join