It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water-Fuelled Home Heating Unit Now Available - and Open-Sourced??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

www.hhohhu.com...

The HHO Home Heating Unit can be built by virtually anyone who can follow the step by step instructions provided by HHOHHU LLC. HHOHHU provides everything you need, from a complete listing of where to find every part, video instructions from beginning to the completed project and safety instructions...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
goning to wait and see if anyone trys it 1st but star and flag

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I love alternative energy items. I am going to purchase the schematics as soon as I get paid in a couple of weeks. I love projects like this. If it really does work I just might build a couple of them to heat my entire house. Thanks for posting this great info!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ahhh, that's excellent, SpaDe_ ! I was hoping at least a few ATSers would try this out and report back to us on it

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, great! Only 29$!

If it was really working, then they could just make their plans public, and after finally rebuilding it successfully i would have no problem to pay them even 50$ as a gift. But this way it seems some kind of fishy to me, sorry.

I would also like to know before spending weeks for building such a heater how efficient they really are. It wouldn't make sense, if they'd burn 10 gallons of water per hour since you have to pay for water, too.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I want to be able to apply this in my home. It will be a great project to take up. It's warming up around here but will build it for next winter or the colder summer nights.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not convinced. I watched the videos and visited the site (which basically has the same videos and an order form).

The price to build one is $29.95. The price for all the research data is $39.95.

I am working on projects as well, which have similar wide-reaching possibilities. After everything I have put into my work, there is no way in Hades I'm letting it go for an infomercial price range.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I want more proof than a news interview and a web site.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'll pass on his for now.

Their website is very obnoxious to navigate, and lacks any details on just what their unit does. What is the power requirements for example. They are very vague about everything other than what they want you to pay them.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My friend built a larger size version of this and is heating 3 houses on his block for half the price of one.

These things although a little difficult to set up, are very much worth it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
HHO?

Can't help but wonder if this is just a rehash of the Brown Gas concept. I wonder if there is really something to support a patent in this...Is there really anything new?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Very, very interesting.

I can't wait to try this.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It seems to me that $30 or $40 is really a trivial amount to pay, for anyone who has a serious interest in this

I wonder what kind of mechanical expertise the ATS community really has?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by MajorDisaster]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the energy balance? Electrolysis of water is only 70-75% efficient, so unless there is some other form of energy being released, you only get out about 3/4 of what you put in.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Has anyone seen the energy balance? Electrolysis of water is only 70-75% efficient, so unless there is some other form of energy being released, you only get out about 3/4 of what you put in.

yep this is just another one of those "free energy" scams. there is no such thing and you can't create energy out of nothing. but then again the vast majority of the tv viewers understand as much physics as a cat...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There are thinkers and doers who make B's and C's and get the job done. there are memorisers and butt kissers who make A's and don't actually do or know anything. As a retired technition and chrafstman, I'll bet that the naysayers on here don't as much as mow the grass.

LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THESE FACTS I HAVE TO TELL YOU:
It takes very little DC current to seperate the water molecule.
The process generates very little heat if any.
Once the two gasses, oxygen and hydrogen are seperated these atoms do not readily recombine.
The energy produced by burning HHO is many times more than it takes to seperate the water molecule.
The reason that you don't already have a water furnace is because we don't truly have free enterprize where this could just be invented and all the gas, coal, and oil companies would just give the inventor a pat on the back and go out of business. Do you really think that's the the way it works in our corporate controlled government. Duh!! And I am just a C student.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Firstly for those who think this is free energy it's not free energy, the energy is coming from the water. Secondly to all those who are saying it's a scam, well from what he seems to be saying it looks like this is either using a battery somewhere to split the water into it's separate components or it's a fuel cell.

Either way it's nothing new, just nicely packaged.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I guy I work with and surf ats with actually got the plans and built one of these, it works as says, it actuallys blows out heat. I was actually amazed to see it working on just water. But wait, about 2 weeks later after Lou actually metered the amount of energy it was drawing to run 24/7 found out that he can get the same amount of heat from an electric space heater on low. He believes that most of the heat from this thing comes from the electricy it draws. In fact he was able to find a cheap space heater from walmart that had around the same output of btu's maybe a little less he says for the same amount of electrical draw without the water. My buddy believes the water does in someway cause a few extra btu's but it is no means the touted green energy source that is claimed.

In this day and age with everyone aware of the energy crisis is the exactly the time all the snake oil salesmen come to town, why would they try it if there was no demand. Make dontations to an organization you know for a fact is trying to find a better energy method.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by alienj]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It already exists:

Source

Since mid-January 2009 the first seawater heating plant in the world can be found in Scheveningen. The plant will pump seawater from the Scheveningen Harbour to provide the nearby neighbourhood of Duindorp with water at a constant temperature of 21 degrees Celsius.

The seawater heating plant is a unique concept which uses a heat pump and heat exchanger to extract heat from the sea. The water plant is part of the city’s plan to use more sustainable energy and is one of the steps being taken towards making the area ‘climate neutral’ in order to reduce energy usage.

According to Deerns Engineering Consultants, the central heat pump provides a highly efficient means to raise the water temperature to the right level in the winter when the temperature of the sea water is too low. The overall efficiency of the heat generation process with this system is more than 50% better than with conventional high-efficiency boilers, while the cost to the residents is no higher.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It looks like it's connected to some wire...

[edit on 8-2-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This can't be open-source... you have to buy the schematics.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join