It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

Or he has a crappy video card, my old pc loses alot on google/live maps too.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I'm not attacking you, just criticizing the thread and thread like these, not the people posting them. I'm just frustrated that nothing ever pans out. I have never seen a thread that promised to produce "proof" ever do so. They just go on and on they sputter.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

hey, there's pages of the same questions again and again and again, it really doesn't help.

the satelite image stuff isn't even related to the actual story being told, it's just a throwaway remark regarding some local oddities the OP was aware of. it's not as if blurry sat images even suggest anything strange by themselves. the maps may have been updated since the OP noticed the blurring. anyway, for the moment, who cares, it's not all that important.

the OP has no obvious motive to bull crap and has been a member for two years and probably wishes to remain a member, so far there's nothing to suggest this is anything other than what it says on the tin.

god be with the days when members in good standing got the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Burwell rd. terminates at Lake Manassas. I followed the entire length of the road using MS live search in great detail and all I could see is plenty of new construction of large homes and plenty of cyrstal blue pools in addition to the abundance of farm and equestrian buildings. Looks like suburban sprawl is catching up to this area as well.

Just NE of the lake are massive residential developments. If anything goofy is happening it is happening within Quantico boundaries. Just where I would expect something goofy to happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

FFS - read the OP he outright claims that the alleged " blurry " ariel imagery is evidence that the nebulous ` they ` are hiding ` something `

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

well then you won't mind quoting that passage.

the OP state that there is some sort of training facility to the north of town that he believes is blurred out on sat images, that's all i can see.

what exactly is your problem?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
Hey people, aren't you tired of being duped? I just tuned in, and I can tell that this story bears all the tell-tale marks of being a hoax. Clue #1: the prose.
Clue #2: needs a week to come up with some evidence (all the while, the post keeps adding pages after pages from skeptics and believers). Anyone wants to bet that this post gets nowhere? And after I'm proven right will you believers please demand, in the future, some accountability from these hoaxter posters? Don't give them any additional time to come up with evidence that should be presented at the time of posting!

Exactly. It would be nice to have some proof (before posting) to add validity to thread like this. Why is that such a bad thing to ask?

Why is being skeptical a bad thing? Shouldn't people who are "Denying Ignorance" be critical thinkers? Why should everyone just automatically buy into a well written story?

(I just want to say to the OP that just because you didn't provide any real evidence, this doesn't necessarily imply you're lying, it's just frustrating that most posts like this go on this way. No personal offense meant.)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
All is well in Warrenton according to this map.

Just search Warrenton VA and you can zoom in and out in great clarity.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that, even if there was some kind of gov. installation or facility why would that automatically be a bad thing?

And would it be wise to take pics of such a place if you didn't want trouble?
Why bring that attention to yourself like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by Ameneter
Hey people, aren't you tired of being duped? I just tuned in, and I can tell that this story bears all the tell-tale marks of being a hoax. Clue #1: the prose.
Clue #2: needs a week to come up with some evidence (all the while, the post keeps adding pages after pages from skeptics and believers). Anyone wants to bet that this post gets nowhere? And after I'm proven right will you believers please demand, in the future, some accountability from these hoaxter posters? Don't give them any additional time to come up with evidence that should be presented at the time of posting!

Exactly. It would be nice to have some proof (before posting) to add validity to thread like this. Why is that such a bad thing to ask?

Why is being skeptical a bad thing? Shouldn't people who are "Denying Ignorance" be critical thinkers? Why should everyone just automatically buy into a well written story?

(I just want to say to the OP that just because you didn't provide any real evidence, this doesn't necessarily imply you're lying, it's just frustrating that most posts like this go on this way. No personal offense meant.)

Reminds me of this story

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
the ais framing the usual suspects here , not gonna fall for it.

the suspects wouldnt be so foolish as to do in their own backyard.......its a set up as its always been.

not one person has actually mentioned the majic words yet in this thread of six pages.....despite the fact its utterly obvious whats going on...either people are oblivious to the basic facts presented to them or this is a ruse,a pseudo thread once again intendid to frame human organisations,and to pretend you actually need a local set of antannae to undertake the magic word upon people.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

The "training facility" you refer to is a CIA training center that you can recieve a limited tour of, if you like. It is a weapons and tactics training facility where police and other law enforcement officers come from across the country to attend CIA weapons training programs. Tell your brother if he drives on the right side of the road, he wont see anymore bright lights flashing at him.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Kudos to you for following up your brothers experience. I think you certainly have quite a few of us rather intrigued at this point.
If anything can help provide some protection to you and yours', I believe that there is strength and security in numbers. In otherwords, great luck to you and bring plenty of friends.

S&F

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

pieman, you have stated it well. This member is still in very good standing and deserves the benefit of time.
Today's message at the top of this page should be kept in mind,but apperently some have already forgotten this statement

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I grew up in Casanova which is quite close to Catlett. Neat place to live as a child with all of the quirky traditions like fox hunting and steeplechase horse racing.

I knew a lot of people who worked at the Vint Hill facility - or I knew their kids at least. Not a bunch of rocket scientists to be sure. The place was more famous for being one of those military bases that you just couldn't close even though there was no clear need for it. Quantico was fairly close by so anything local military personnel needed was taken of there. I think the place is more of an example of persistent federal pork spending than anything else.

I believe the lack of good quality Google satellite pictures is due to the rural nature of the area - it has pretty low population density. I tried to find my old neighborhood but the resolution of the pictures didn't allow me to zoom in.

Anyway its fun to see a discussion thread pop up relating to the area. I fear the only conspiracy you'll find is one to preserve federal jobs however.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I for one would like to give the OP a chance to gather more info. I think the poor guy was a bit rattled and came to vent with such an urgency he just forgot his briefcase full of photos, files and exact map coordinates...GEEZ!

Thankfully he CAN write something readable..if this site was full of "just the facts (like dragnet)" what a snore that would be!

I'll be checking back to see where this goes and hoping, too, that the skeptics who have been duped in the past will simmer down a bit in the mean time

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why does he need a week?

It is promising but others have raised very valid critcisms. The prose does seem very story-like and if this is just a budding writer testing his work, then we will be disappointed and angry yet again.

Here's hoping he's sincere.

[edit on 26/1/09 by Yazman]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

because not everyone has unlimited time and resource to go investigating conspiracies. he's a school teacher and has a real job that he needs to do during the week, kind of limits your day.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Original Poster" is telling the truth as best
he can, he and the two women
have brought out the
pseudo-knowledgeables pseudosagely spouting 'hoax'
as surely as creosote pasted onto
rotting wood causes clipsheares/earwigs
to come scuttling out.
They reliably squeal 'hoax' and just as
reliably read this type of post, nerds who
hardly ever check a story out by
actually costing themselves lots of money.
Andy Roberts is a researcher who came
on stage in Blackpool as a debunker
of "The Berwyn Mountain" in the mid-1990s, google it
to find out, totally dissing AN old woman's work on it,
however throughout the lecture he kept on making
geographical mistakes whilst wanting to give the impression
that he had done all this driving around to thoroughly check
these claims out, lots of audience members happened to
know the area (not that far from Blackpool) and, from the
vociferousness of their reactions, each time Nerdy Roberts
referred to a location, trying to sound knowledgeable like
"Xmouth, 6 miles north of Yville", an audience member
would jump up and shout "Hey! Xmouth is NINE miles south-west
of Yville", and Roberts, according to
conference organiser Sam Wright, made
mistakes like this with such persistence people started walking
onto the stage to howl and yell at him, especially shouting
"You haven't done ANY of the work you claim to have done, and
we all think this old woman MUST have done
the work she says she has done." No matter what
Roberts comes out with these days, Sam said to me "I'm never
putting that man on again. He's the worst speaker I've ever heard."
ALL of the people Roberts allied himself with, also, resulted in
stories of their suspicious behaviour as well as
Roberts, giving us a strong impression of state co-ordination
somewhere behind the scenes......just hope these
Catlett guys are not
demoralised by bastards like Roberts which might be the reason for these neverappearingphotographs - stick by what you think, just simply be a genuine researcher.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by ignorant_ape

well then you won't mind quoting that passage.

Notice how it seems, to the north of the town, what looks like residential subdivisions are blurred out. Interesting isn't it? That's a conversation for another time and place though.

there you go - exactly as i stated

what exactly is your problem?

my ` problem `is , why the hell did i need to type this post ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join