It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Is this the house you are referring to? L ive Maps link, or GE coords: 38.751313°,-77.647992°

I've searched up and down Burwell Rd myself and this location is the only one that seems remotely like the one the OP describes.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
reply to post by Magnivea

Is this the house you are referring to? L ive Maps link, or GE coords: 38.751313°,-77.647992°

I've searched up and down Burwell Rd myself and this location is the only one that seems remotely like the one the OP describes.
Yes, that's it. Thanks for the actual location.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here's an idea,

Circle locations on the map to show your various story locations.

Edited to add some funky smilies!!!

[edit on 25/1/09 by hey1212]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

My assumption was the same as yours about the old guy and the phone when I look back on it.

My wife laughed and said, "He's probably getting a check to sit on the porch all day and call when someone is comming."

Anyway, this was on the different in of the state. The SW part of VA. Kind of near the Oak Ridge TN area. For what its worth, I did talk to one guy there that used to work at Oak Ridge. He made the comment, "Heck, 1/2 the mountains around here hollowed out. Untelling what they go going on in them." But wouldn't really say much after that..

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobalt7
no offense but if I had a quarter for every poster who needed to go back to get pictures to substantiate their story id be rich. The moment a poster says that i know theres a 99.99% chance they are full of it. Seriously cell phones come with cameras, even my 80yr old father has one.

Its obvious people are doing this to annoy me personally, ditch the point system so people have no reason to fabricate stories, recite long winded diatribes, and give people the time to work and save up for that $5 dollar camera that 99% of posters seem not to have as part of their investigative toolsets.

Dont take it personally i just get tired of this, your story is more credible sounding then the average "i went to investigate without a camera"

Yes, and not to mention how freaking long winded it is. It's just one of those B.S. stories that make up 99% of this website.

Is it so difficult for people here to tell when they're being reeled in?
Real life stories don't sound like cheap novels, where there is a narrative of the characters motions and gestures, etc.

Good luck with the pics, etc.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yet another "here read this and I'll get back to you later with pics" thread.

How hard is it to get the pics first... then post your story?

What a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry, looked at Burwell Rd all the way along its lenght. Didn't see anything that looked at all suspicious. Looks like a nice community, quiet and peacefull.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

I looked up both Warrenton and Catlett on Google Earth, Yahoo Maps, and Flash Earth, none of the satellite images were blurry, The Google Earth one wouldn't let me get all the way down to the town but on all the rest I was able to get right down to street level and see cars and homes, so that claim goes right out the window.

As for the secret Military base, I suppose its possible little towns all over the world exist where the government does secret experiments (like in that silly Sci-Fi show Eureka) but I'm not convinced that this is one of them...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Could you point out which house on Burwell Road. Ive located the equestrian academy and from you story you never made it that far, so I assume its between where Burwell start and Moonraker? The resolution is good enough to make out even a small house so you should be able to find it. Do you have Google Earth?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
One thing that occured to me regarding the people from the Moonraker Equestrian Academy and the abduction story is that it may be a ruse to attract attention.

Earning a living and supporting horses on what a person could make from riding lessons would be starvation wages at best. Just supporting horses has become so expensive due to feed that few could afford to even keep horses these days.

I think it would be reasonable to suspect these people may have used this as a gimmick to draw attention since they likely could not afford advertising.

Your story is clearly written in the form we could expect to see in a Novel. We have had this here before and I think it is often writers testing their work on an unsuspecting audience. Is that the case here?

Do you know the owners of Moonraker? Could you have an interest in advertising its existence?

Please don't take offense as this is ATS.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Government turns entire towns into bases on occasion. Just depends on what they're working on. I saw a show on the History channel once about how they literally BUILT an entire town devoted to working on one single project.
Very much like that silly sci-fi show Eureka.

There is no telling what goes on in Virginia. The claims about our Nation's more secretive programs being born there is ABSOLUTELY true and I'm quite sure they have very secure facilities all over that great state.

The fact that this man put his story in such a way as to sound like a book doesn't discredit the story. It means he is an intelligent writer. (Certainly better than I am.) At any rate, I'm interested to see some follow-up. OP shouldn't be inclined to even THINK about what detractors here have to say. I mean, who the hell are they anyways?

Jay-in-AR (I'm at work and don't have my account info)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Yet another "here read this and I'll get back to you later with pics" thread.

How hard is it to get the pics first... then post your story?

What a waste of time.

I was just asking this same question in the "I'm under Investigation..." thread here:Another phony thread.

Wouldn't most people who are making such claims want to have at least some kind of proof to add validity to their thread BEFORE POSTING?

These threads just drag on, and on until everyone just forgets about them. I sometimes check in on those threads that were promising proof, way after they were forgotten to see if the OP had popped in at that point and provided the proof they promised. They never do, they just go away and forget about their own thread, forget about the proof, etc.

That's a shame.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am disappointed! This story was quite intriguing.. it's a shame the OP hasn't replied (sadly due to it likely being a load of bs
)

[edit on 25-1-2009 by starstrings]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The guy started the thread today, and you guys are already jumping on him about not following up? Harsh, really harsh. First of all, stop S&Fing every thread right away, since all you are doing is raising more attention to nothing, and second, give the guy a day or two, or as he said, he'd get more info in a week.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I grew up in Manassas VA 5 miles from Catlett. I grew up going to Vint Hill farm for Octoberfest each and every fall- and went to Seton Hall- a catholic school....sooooo

With that said-

As of 2009- it is of no surprise to me- with the sprawl of suburban DC that there is stuff going on out there. I am sure no one else in the world knows where Catlett is besides you and I- but you need to get over the conspiracy paranoia.

I lived in Prince William Country about 15 miles from Quantico and I grew up watching UFO's and bombs go off all the time. It is no huge secret that the FBI, CIA, DOD are all camped out all over northern virginia and have houses in the middle of nowhere that really cover for a missile or an underground shelter.

What people dont realize is that most of the Government sprawls out of DC into places like Northern Virginia and into Catlett where it is still considered one of the last places of farm country left in Nova.

Interesting post regarding lost time- but i experienced it too- twice in No.Va and twice in Maryland. I have also been an abductee.

Im advice- dont # around with these guys. Dont bring attention to yourself and dont go looking around in places you know will make trouble for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Google earth does not show many places in Northern Virginia upclose because under law- military bases, military personnel, government personnel homes will not be visible for national sercurity purposes.

As for Warrenton- Warrenton is a small town of which there is a covert military training facility as well as a prison which may or may not be a training ground for FEMA detention camps.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone; thanks for the overwhelming interest in the thread. In regards to the multitude of posts accusing me of "being too long winded" or "full of bs", all i can say is i'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not a paranormal investigator, a bigfoot hunter, or a rogue cia agent. I'm a guy with a family that leads a pretty laid back and slow-paced life. The morning i drove my brother out to Catlett, i had no intentions of making a case book of the events of the morning in question. I am befuddled at the claims that I'm seeking "ats points". Yes, i came here to accumulate valueless website currency. You've caught me red handed. That's sarcasm, of course. I honestly could give a damn about establishing a reputation, or testing the plot of a novel (my favorite theory) on a community of people that i respect and a place i come to read everyday. The reason i started this thread is sort of selfish, though. I have a deep concern for this country and the supposed "secret bases" that dot it's landscape. The government uses our tax dollars to build shelters and acquire land with our money without our knowledge or consent. It's a breech of trust and as subversive as it gets. Do none of you know of Mount Weather? Not to mention a member of my family experienced something very real on a stretch of road where someone has shared a similar experience.

I will take pictures. I will, with the best of my ability, try to expose anything suspicious out there. In the satellite imagery, in regards to Warrenton, do you see the pieces of the map that are completely red or slate blue? There are no quarries here. It's a small town at the base of the blue ridge mountains. In the buildings in Vint Hill, why did they flood the basements of certain buildings, fill others with dirt, and leave others untouched? This small corner of the world is full of secrets and government cloak and dagger activity. If you don't want to read what i have to say or feel like i'm doing this for some kind of laughable personal gain, stay away. If people think i'm throwing them a hoax, which for no other reason that i can fathom would be manifested out of cruelty, the moderators who preside over this forum can delete this thread and everyone can get on with their lives. If you're willing to be patient, and keep in mind that there is more to my life than putting myself in harm's way for the sake of the unattainable, i will give you everything i find. Please just be patient.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Don't listen to those knuckleheads. Do what you are going to do in your own time at your own pace and damn all the knuckleheads who spout conspiracies that you have ulterior motives.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

As an open minded member I am quite willing to wait how ever long
it takes.
As a previous poster pointed out, you have now put it "out there" that you will be out and about with a camera.

May I suggest a different vehicle than the jeep?

Anyway good luck.

Mungo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
PartChimp, is it really worth it?

Have you heard of Dulce NM? Would you want to find yourself in Nightmare Hall, or some place like it?

I live in an area that everyone knows there is a secret underground UN base, and everyone knows to stay away from it. It's just the way it is.

What do you think you are going to find? They are going to find you that's what you are going to find.

If you go through with it, I wish you the best of luck.

Stay safe, and live without involving yourself in this type of thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join