It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A White History Month, white college, and white scholorship funds Etc...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, but then we'd need a Chinese History Month, a Korean History Month, an Irish History Month, a British History Month, a French History Month, a Czechoslovakian History Month, a Japanese History Month, an Italian History Month, a Spanish History Month, a Portuguese History Month, a Native Indian History Month, and we haven't even gotten around to the Pacific Islander History Months, or others just as worthy.

We'd have to have 120 months. Ten-day months!

And with all the time off for various individual groups, we'd never get anything done.

Seriously, there should be a Native American month, and a Pacific American Month.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Funny how at one time the segregating was a separation of whites and blacks, by whites. Doesn't that mean our history was segregated by colour? Funny how you now want to pretend it's a new thing created by minorities.

Exactly, so why should we continue segregation of culture and history which Black History Month is doing? Just incorporate it in history books which is already happening.....

Of course, it should be of notable influence. Not just be in the history book because you were white, black, green, yellow...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
Here's the deal.

Jesus was a Dark Skinned Arab.
Moses was a Dark Skinned Arab.

both are what we would consider today as black.

Yet, when you look at a painting, or watch The Passion Of The Christ, or The Ten Commandments, Jesus and Moses are frigging white with blue eyes...

I believe we've denigrated African, Middle-Eastern, and other Ethnicities for more than long enough. How about we quit gripping over the fact these races were given equalizers, so that a person as intelligent as Obama could finally run and have a chance at the white house (and say all you want, Fredrick Douglass was obviously not a viable candidate at the time).

These factors are NOT something that should be null and voided at the first sign of success...

From your friendly neighborhood white boy,

Coven

That is why I'm an agnostic and think religion in general is wack. Another thing, if Jesus and Moses were arabs, then they would be considered arabs, not black. Arabs are discriminated against both white AND black people.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I started not to respond to this post because anyone that can not see the fallacy in the agreement is hopelessly bigoted. If this thread continued for fifty years it would not make a whit of difference to the minds of the people that can't see the forest for the trees. I am posting here just this once and I am probably off topic but I think that it is important for these people to know that soon the argument will be completely eliminated. They will be too busy trying to learn Chinese and Russian history and language to be upset about Black history month. America is dying around us and this the most important thing on your minds? No wonder America is dying and maybe it is a good thing that it is. Maybe a Phoenix will rise from the ashes to replace the turkey.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Scarecrow

So black people are doing this just to be center of attention? Okay.......

White people don't exist. Think about it and you'll know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Scarecrow

No, if you sag, you're just a victim of a very stupid fad.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I agree that assistance was neccessary for black people to get a foothold of what America had/has to offer but it's time to let the little bird fly from the nest.

Quit feeding from the hand that feeds you and get a job.( I mean this figuratively incase anyone misinterprets this and calls me racist............)

And no I don't want any "white" assistance. There should be only assistance for those who seek true knowledge.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Get rid of Black history month! thats the answer. the reason that there are black college funds is to promote blacks to go to college. colleges are dominantly white because the majority of white people choose to advance their education. The majority of blacks do not. United Negro funds and all the other black college funds are simply trying to even the playing fields.... I understand that but why should they get money that is not available to whites? Is that they way to fix the problem? seems unfair to me.

Why is that if your college application says African American, you have a way greater chance of getting in? To top that off, Blacks and other races can get in with lower GPAs and lower test scores!! just because the color of their skin! Yeah, lets give the more unqualified person the chance! thats retarded.
how about we make it all even. dont have the box that says ethnicity on our applications. Merely judge on us as a person. Blacks are just promoting racism by labeling themselves.
Screw affirmative action! Believe it or not even Barack Obama himself would not be president if it wasn't for the color of his skin.
How about we let the best man or woman win regardless of their race, age, creed or color. I believe that if we stay on this track, it will be the whites who are looked down upon.
Survival of the fittest!

The fact is:
If whites assemble a white pride parade and march down main street, its racists!
if blacks do the same... its historic.

If whites were to have a WET (white entertainment television), it would be racist
blacks already have BET... its no big deal

If whites had scholarships strictly for them.. it would be unfair and racist
Blacks have more scholarships than any other race.

I am not a racist. I am not black or white, I man. I have earned what I have accomplished. I dont expect hand outs and neither should any American.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately, many of the major stories of white history would look pretty ugly.

Wars, political subterfuge, deception, conquest, plunder, slavery, exploitation, genocide...

The good stories are small and numerous, but nothing written down in history books. Good people don't have grand ambitions; they just want to live near the people they love, be happy, and be left alone by the bigwigs.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by username371]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The bottom line on all this is simple. Do away with black history month. Why relegate it to a single month? Why not just teach "history". It keeps the racial tensions front and center.

The blacks can get mad because they only get one month (and its the shortest one, at that) and whites get mad because they are force-fed this garbage for 4 weeks and are made to feel guilt about things that really, we had NOTHING to do with.

If people really wanted to promote the agenda of equality and all that nonsense, there would be no black history month.

Plus it really is an insult to say "ok, we are just going to really focus on "black history" this month. We need the other 11 for more important things... Here ya go, Mr. Negro! Your very own month!!"

If people would stop reffering to each other as black and white and just reffered to themselves as "people" the issue of race would dissolve.

Ahhh, but a whole lot of careers would end and we dont want that, do we Mr. Sharpton or Mr. Jackson?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
....we had NOTHING to do with.

Maybe not, but as I see it white people are not doing a whole lot to change what was set in motion by your ancestors. In fact those in power are doing their hardest to perpetuate the system that creates a poverty class.

Capitalism requires a poverty class. America is lucky, you've always had minorities to be your poverty class, keeping most of the white folks wealthy. If you were born elsewhere you might have been in the poverty class yourself...
Hit some 420, and think about it.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty
I agree, although not entirely. This double standard you've brought up has been annoying me for awhile.

If a White man says he's proud to be White, BOOM, he's a racist scumbag who needs to go back to the deep south. If a Black man says he's proud to be Black, man, he's a freaking freedom fighter. Props to that brother!

That seems a bit off to me.

We should stop making a big deal about someone's accomplishments just because they're a certain race, or a woman, or a transvestite or whatever. If their accomplishments weren't noteworthy enough that they'd be worth mentioning if they weren't Black/Hispanic/A woman/A woman with a Black father and a Hispanic mother, etc., then they really didn't do much at all.

I'm always saying I'm proud to be white yet I have a child with a black woman and several black friends. There's nothing wrong with being proud to be white so long as you acknowledge other races also. Where I live race is not such a big issue though to be honest.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by spliff4020
....we had NOTHING to do with.

Maybe not, but as I see it white people are not doing a whole lot to change what was set in motion by your ancestors. In fact those in power are doing their hardest to perpetuate the system that creates a poverty class.

Capitalism requires a poverty class. America is lucky, you've always had minorities to be your poverty class, keeping most of the white folks wealthy. If you were born elsewhere you might have been in the poverty class yourself...
Hit some 420, and think about it.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by ANOK]

Really. And what do you suppose I should do right the wrongs done 200 years ago? Poverty has nothing to do with race. Take a look at the NFL or NBA.

And what really should we do? Should we allow minorities with lower test scores entrance into universities over white people with higher scores? Oh wait, we do.

Should we allow them to be promoted when their scores on clearly lower than white peers? Oh wait, we do that too.

Now the black man has two choices to make in life. He can stay in the "hood", sling his product, make a quick buck and wind up dead or in jail.

Or he can finish school, go to college and make something of himself. The only one holding them back is themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You hit the nail on the head with that post. Imma stop reading this particular thread for now, as you said what needed to be said.

You only see the racism in this country when you travel and go beyond it. And your statement sounds like someone that doesn't even what the deal is man. There is nothing wrong with "living in the hood", i'd rather live here than in a predominately white neighborhood.

You know, imma just quite reading this forum topic. It's obvious that some people (not pointing fingers at anyone) don't know how and why the game is being played...All i can say is why do you think rappers refer to the rap music industry as a game.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

Poverty HAS something to do with race chief. Blacks make somewhere around 25% less than their white counterparts. This is less money to do same thing everyone else does so you do the math.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
No, that's the last thing we need.

We need to stop separating based on perceived differences when our mortality shares much more.

Like, we all die. Let's stop the unimportant and superficial games.

We are in a time of great promise.

We have to work together

Ignorant people you must begin to open up and have trust.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
NONSENSE.... Since when have you been deprived, repressed or treated as a second class citizen soley because you are white?

Never.

We need to move beyond all of that. Race matters only because people want it to.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by grover]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think, as long is the history is being taught, there is a black history month, and this and that....

We as people will never evolve past racism. This is because the subtle hate will still be carried to the next generation.

STOP THE HATE
STOP RACISM
and

STOP cattering to IGNORANCE

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join