It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women break up with nice guys?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I respect your consistency.

Thank you....

Integrity is really the only thing that we Truly Have.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately women do not want a nice guy... They want an adventure and someone fun. Someone who can make their blood boil from anger, and then turn it into desire.

You need to act cocky, but not too much. Act confident, but not to the point of seeming like a but hole... Be fun, extravagant, and always ready to do something different for the girl; take her by surprise all the time...

If you need more info, U2U me... I'm a retired PUA...

Magnum

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Oh it's *ON* Now!

Is it? I thought this was a discussion?

You know the whole "Nice Guys Finish Last" thing? The Common sense that *EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS*?

Yeah... its complete Horse[snip]

A common aphorism is that "nice guys finish last."[3] The phrase is attributed to baseball manager Leo Durocher in 1939,[4] though Durocher was originally referring to the opposing team rather than to male/female relationship dynamics. The full quote is, "Take a look at them. They're all nice guys, but they'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last."

en.wikipedia.org...

So, yeah... Nice Guys finish LAST, because some baseball manager said it with CONVICTION, and people began to see niceness as a WEAKNESS, as opposed to the Operant Condition of *SOCIETY*

I agree with this! If you call yourself a "nice guy" that term "finish last" will be in the top three "phrase association" phrases.

I don't know about the whole "weakness" part though. Any sources for that?

OH, sure... being Nice and Civil is all just an ACT to get Laid, eh?

I don't remember seeing this argument brought up, yet...

Wouldn't want any of those "Fake Nice Guys"

I really have yet to see one guy in here be "nice" They just claim they are, you know like folks who claim to have been picked up by aliens.

Let's all just run after... THIS...

Yawn, really. Posting some exceptions is not helping the case here.

Yeah... Completely Normal, Emotionally Stable Women Here... nothing to see... move along.

Yeah... These videos show all women (or the majority) right? (Thought so.)

It *MUST* be the Guy's Fault... eh?

Never said that, of course never said it "must be the girls fault" either

No, Women (In the western world) Do not WANT Nice Guys.

This is a mass generalized statement, that is also false. I do not know any woman that wants a "mean guy". Just because they DONT WANT YOU doesn't mean they don't want "nice guys" it means they don't want you.

They will *SAY* that they want a nice guy... because they are aware that claiming to want Useless Degenerates would make the girl look bad in other peoples eyes.

So you can read minds too?

Women are Lying about wanting the "Nice Guy".... and Frankly, They don't even KNOW what they want, because they have never THOUGHT about it.

Either you CAN read minds, or you are calling an entire gender "liars" based off of your small experience on this planet.

Remember.... its just that "Nice Guys" are really sleazy used car salesman...

Not that young females in America are being conditioned to be Whores or anything....

Seriously? I don't think I should have responded to you this really looks like flame bait to me.

Is it still "on"?

edit on 10/1/2010 by adigregorio because: To fix BB code (Sorry for the delay, lost power)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

I respect your consistency.

Thank you....

Integrity is really the only thing that we Truly Have.

-Edrick

True.. but you'll notice that some of the opinions of the self proclaimed "nice guys" in regard to women aren't very nice at all so contradict what they claim to be. It's almost like they're just pissed off because they've failed at trying to manipulate women and have struck out.

Anyone who acts too nice evokes suspicion in others.. it's a natural reaction.

There are plenty of good reasons to reject potential sexual partners; the main one being lack of sexual attraction. That would be a more realistic explanation but some "nice guys" may want to keep believing their own spin for egos sake.

edit on 1-10-2010 by riley because: typos

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

There are plently of good reasons to reject potential sexual partners; the main one being lack of sexual attraction. That would be a more realistic explanation but some "nice guys" may want to keep believing heir own spin for egos sake.

Sorry to "cherry pick" but this is basically what I have been trying to say. Not as succinctly, of course

That, and if a gal doesn't like you don't stress about it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I know.. it's been said before but ignored. If you google "true forced loneliness" you'll see how far this mass "women hate nice guys" delusion extends.

damned internet!

(and I just noticed someone took the bts emoticons away
)

edit on 1-10-2010 by riley because: remembered old bts emoticon coding :p

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Is it? I thought this was a discussion?

It was more of a Battle Cry, really... LOL!

I agree with this! If you call yourself a "nice guy" that term "finish last" will be in the top three "phrase association" phrases.

I don't know about the whole "weakness" part though. Any sources for that?

Just my Own meandering Experience.

Although, having a lack of Social Assertiveness "Dominance" can lead to the "Nice Guy" stigma....

Not Pushy = Not Masculine

Remember what the Media is pushing as "Masculine" nowadays?

I don't remember seeing this argument brought up, yet...

Yeah, it's a common attack against "Nice Guys"

It's funny.... but the "Nice Guy" is one of the most FLAMED dudes in the Western World.

All because he is Kind, Civil, Etc...

I find this slightly Ironic in what calls itself a "Civilization"

I really have yet to see one guy in here be "nice" They just claim they are, you know like folks who claim to have been picked up by aliens.

Yeah.... There seem to be Fewer and Fewer "Nice" guys around nowadays.... I wonder why that is?

Perhaps because it is not a successful strategy for survival in this "Society"

Yawn, really. Posting some exceptions is not helping the case here.

It's a Metaphor.

Yeah... These videos show all women (or the majority) right? (Thought so.)

No, just the Young Ones.

Never said that, of course never said it "must be the girls fault" either

True... But it IS the general Consensus in Western Society that Pregnancy is the FAULT and thus, financial responsibility of the MAN, while the women gets to keep the choice on whether the child is even born.

This is a mass generalized statement, that is also false. I do not know any woman that wants a "mean guy". Just because they DONT WANT YOU doesn't mean they don't want "nice guys" it means they don't want you.

And here it comes....

The Attack on my Masculinity.

Are you out of ammunition so Soon?

I was just getting Warmed Up!

Here is my perspective on your insult:

It's funny, isn't it... How they all want the Nice Guys... and they all Complain constantly about the Guys who break their hearts.

The ones who were NOT nice.

So you can read minds too?

No *SIR*

I can Read *ACTIONS*

If you Piss on my Shoe... and Tell me that it's Raining....

Well, then it's pretty obvious that your words don't match your Deeds.... capiche?

Either you CAN read minds, or you are calling an entire gender "liars" based off of your small experience on this planet.

No, of course not...

To Lie is to Willfully and Knowingly Deceive....

So, perhaps "LIE" was too strong a word on my part... perhaps "Don't know what the words that they are saying mean" would be a more accurate description.

Seriously? I don't think I should have responded to you this really looks like flame bait to me.

Is it still "on"?

Well.. it does not SEEM to be that way... I will, however, keep you informed.

And no, I'm not Trolling.

I'm attacking Ignorance.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

True.. but you'll notice that some of the opinions of the self proclaimed "nice guys" in regard to women aren't very nice at all so contradict what they claim to be.

Who's that?

Who are we talking about now?

It's almost like they're just pissed off because they've failed at trying to manipulate women and have struck out.

As opposed to all the guys who Succeeded at manipulating women for sex?

That is your preference? for men who are able to Succeed at manipulating your emotions?

That's what allowed us to Tame Wild Dogs....

By them being Afraid of our Niceness.

Your reaching a bit....... Far.

There are plenty of good reasons to reject potential sexual partners; the main one being lack of sexual attraction.

Yeah... it's about being Self Assured, isn't it?

The Swagger?

The Pride?

The one before the Fall....

Nice.

That would be a more realistic explanation but some "nice guys" may want to keep believing their own spin for egos sake.

Well, if you know where they might be Hiding... let me know.....

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I know.. it's been said before but ignored. If you google "true forced loneliness" you'll see how far this mass "women hate nice guys" delusion extends.

It's a Meme, Darlin...

"Nice Guys Finish Last" is an Excuse we use to MASK the underlying problem in this society.

And That *IS* The more someone Educates Himself... the less "Game" he has time to practice.

The more Productive Effort he manages to achieve, the less "Game" he has time to practice.

So... Honey.

What do you think Our Children are Aspiring to Be?

Educated, Productive Members of a Society?

OR Well Laid?

You noticed that whole.... "Economy" thing?

Yeah....

Test Scores?

They are LOWERING PASSING REQUIREMENTS!

I mean.... WOW, People..... just WOW.

Just in case you wanted to know.... our Police and Military are Built upon the Foundations of our Economy.

I'M JUST SAYING, IS ALL!

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Although, having a lack of Social Assertiveness "Dominance" can lead to the "Nice Guy" stigma....

Not Pushy = Not Masculine

A stigma, and a "rally flag" are two different things. Keep in mind, I am denouncing people who claim to be nice. And, as always, there will be exceptions to this rule. But, and I can not stress this enough, if you (general) are having so much trouble getting a date chances are it is your fault, and not the girls. Just follow the statistics of any "nice guy".

"Girls won't go out with me cause I am a nice guy!"

Am I to believe that the multiple "girls" are wrong, and the one "nice guy" is correct?

Yeah, it's a common attack against "Nice Guys"

It's funny.... but the "Nice Guy" is one of the most FLAMED dudes in the Western World.

All because he is Kind, Civil, Etc...

I find this slightly Ironic in what calls itself a "Civilization"

Well, from my perspective, the self appointed "nice guys" are arrogant and far from civil or kind. I point to this thread for examples...

Furthermore, the arrogance, "I am a nice guy" I mean what the heck? I don't walk around saying "I have a high IQ" or "I am really good with computers" And then, when I can't get a date, I don't say: "Girls won't date smart guys."

Now, I am not saying calling oneself a "nice guy" is wrong. That is up to the beholder, in my opinion, not a good idea.

Yeah.... There seem to be Fewer and Fewer "Nice" guys around nowadays.... I wonder why that is?

Perhaps because it is not a successful strategy for survival in this "Society"

I challenge this claim, how do you know there are fewer "nice guys" now? Furthermore, how do you know this "survival strategy" is the cause of the supposed extinction?

True... But it IS the general Consensus in Western Society...

Source?

...Pregnancy is the FAULT and thus, financial responsibility of the MAN, while the women gets to keep the choice on whether the child is even born.

Source?

Originally posted by adigregorio

And here it comes....

The Attack on my Masculinity.

LOL, please point out where I attacked you! Seriously? Masculine? That is a real kicker... I am the farthest thing you can get from masculine. It would be the final irony for me to do such a thing, as you claim. The reason? I'd rather not go into details, but if my word is not enough I will do so. Anyway, please point out where I "attacked your masculinity"?

Are you out of ammunition so Soon?

I was just getting Warmed Up!

Here is my perspective on your insult:

It's funny, isn't it... How they all want the Nice Guys... and they all Complain constantly about the Guys who break their hearts.

The ones who were NOT nice.

Ammo? I didn't know we were fighting, I thought this was a discussion...

And, while your perspective is possible, this does not mean the girls seeks out mean guys. Unless you have ANY sources to back up all of these wild claims...

No *SIR*

I can Read *ACTIONS*

If you Piss on my Shoe... and Tell me that it's Raining....

Well, then it's pretty obvious that your words don't match your Deeds.... capiche?

Okay...

Are you done being nice yet?

I mean really, do you see? Do you see how none of what you are doing is "nice"?

I'm attacking Ignorance.

I believe that's "Deny ignorance", at least that is what a nice guy would do...

edit on 10/1/2010 by adigregorio because: Formatting problemo

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I can't say for sure whether girls go after nice guys or bad ones I guess you can't be in the middle... I did a social experiment to see if women would take to me more if I was being a jerk and it was true they actually were more attracted to me that way.... The thing is I don't know if they were responding to me being a jerk or responding to the fact I had more confidence when approaching them, the only problem is if you start being cocky and a jerk your confidence soon turns into arrogance...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Damn chief.

Just be yourself.

Think of it this way, if the woman doesnt like it then thats their loss because when you meet the right woman for you it will be well worth it.

Love is love. Dont settle for anything less and if you ever need to wonder what that is then it aint love.

Ive been with my woman for coming on 8 years, getting married next year and I took her out for a surprise waterfront sunset dinner the other night at a place that was beyond my means financially (ie, "oh my god Farquar can you see those two people tasting each others food and laughing"), we had a great laugh, sharing food, kissing and dancing reminiscing about life to come and what came before with the stupid things we had done in life at times. Butterflies, time flying fast, cosy and warm feelings with each other, joking, dancing with each other without giving a crap about what anyone thinks. Thats love at its iceberg tip. Imagine having a woman that you get butterflies, adrenaline and shaky at looking at and she gets that too all the time even after years. Thats love mate. Keep looking for it and I guarantee you will get it.

Just be prepared to put up with people looking at you both like you are a bunch of weirdos because they want to remain in a state of plastic existence

Feck em all if anyone judges you for loving, love life and love your woman or vice versa.

You cant help who you are or who was made for ya.

Girls are girls and thats that, they are as complicated as a bunch or revels, take your pick. Just dont be afriad if you get a nut. You can always dip back in and the best thing is, its the same for woman with men. Just dont be a fat pig with cakes that are good.

If your ever really struggling with what you think of a woman, ask yourself if you would like to sit next to her on a beach with crystal clear waters and the sound of oceans waves while this song plays...

If its yes then you got your match I think but you wouldnt even need to consider it because your belly would be on choas before it even got to this point.

edit on 1-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

if you (general) are having so much trouble getting a date chances are it is your fault, and not the girls. Just follow the statistics of any "nice guy".

Am I to believe that the multiple "girls" are wrong, and the one "nice guy" is correct?

Nicolaus Copernicus was a Right Upstanding Fellow

It's a shame, all that persecution that he went through, claiming that the "Earth Revolves Around the Sun" or something equally preposterous.

Everyone KNOWS that the Sun Revolves around the Earth..... Therefore it is True.

Because Truth is a Democracy... and We may decide REALITY by Convention.

Logical Fallacy: Argumentum ad populum (Appeal to the People)
en.wikipedia.org...

Well, from my perspective, the self appointed "nice guys" are arrogant and far from civil or kind.

Well, From my perspective, the Moon is made of Cheese.

Are you saying that Society is sticking them with the Label of "Nice Guys" because they are Mean?

That's a little too much into the Ironic Melodrama, isn't it?

I point to this thread for examples...

Really?

WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THEN?

Furthermore, the arrogance, "I am a nice guy" I mean what the heck? I don't walk around saying "I have a high IQ" or "I am really good with computers" And then, when I can't get a date, I don't say: "Girls won't date smart guys."

So, let me get this straight.

There is a segment of the male population, that for whatever reason does not "Get it" in reguards to women.

And you *HONESLTY* think the best thing to do.... is to label them as Vile degenerates, Sociopaths, Weirdos, Manipulators, and other such refinements......

Yes?

You are a Fairly Cruel Person.

Do you Dance in front of Crippled People too?

And you call this a Society?

You call yourself Civilized?

You Deserve the Illuminati, they treat you like you treat others.

Now, I am not saying calling oneself a "nice guy" is wrong. That is up to the beholder, in my opinion, not a good idea.

What are you *ON*?

You are saying that Men should ABANDON CIVILITY?

Nice, adj
1. pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance
2. decent: socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous
3. done with delicacy and skill
4. courteous: exhibiting courtesy and politeness

Are you saying that THESE QUALITIES, are to be Avoided?

Are you saying that We should not be "Nice" to each-other?

I challenge this claim, how do you know there are fewer "nice guys" now?

HA, Ask your Parents or Grandparents.

Furthermore, how do you know this "survival strategy" is the cause of the supposed extinction?

Well, if "Nice Guys Finish Last" then they truly won't be breeding, would they?

We would Run out of Nice Guys within a Generation.

True... But it IS the general Consensus in Western Society that Pregnancy is the FAULT and thus, financial responsibility of the MAN, while the women gets to keep the choice on whether the child is even born.

Source?

www.census.gov...

Department of Census good enough for you?

Page 2, FYI.

...Pregnancy is the FAULT and thus, financial responsibility of the MAN, while the women gets to keep the choice on whether the child is even born.

Source?

She can have an Abortion.... Duh.

LOL, please point out where I attacked you! Seriously? *************Masculine?************

YOU SAID:Just because they DONT WANT YOU doesn't mean they don't want "nice guys" it means they don't want you.

Look, I'm sorry that you have run out of Logical Perspective to retort with, but it's not my problem.

Please save the petty insults for Recess, would you?

Oh, and just in case you were keeping Score, The words directly *AFTER* your disbelief that I called you out for Insulting me... Was an Insult Directed At Me.

[snip]

And, while your perspective is possible, this does not mean the girls seeks out mean guys.

Here you are, basically saying that "Nice Guys" are evil Fakers, only being Kind to get into a girls pants.

This Logically implies that Women seek out Mean guys.

You understand this, right?

Okay...

Are you done being nice yet?

I stopped being NICE *YEARS AGO*..... now I'm just being Horribly, Horribly efficient with my time.

I mean really, do you see? Do you see how none of what you are doing is "nice"?

I'm fighting for People who the System has Thrown Overboard because they didn't fit in with the Induced Clique Caste Structure that was CREATED in the youth of the nation by Television and Media broadcasts (Coupled with a detachment from BOTH of their parents, and thus, their Culture) for the PURPOSE of CONTROLLING THE MINDS OF THE NATION AND DIRECTING THEM UPON A PRE-DETERMINED PATH.

You know.... the same people who are engineering the Global "We Gonna Own Everything"... Thing?

You know that they are..... AWARE of Sex, and Love, and the power of BOTH.... Right?

You think that maybe they would have been NICE and just left you alone on a basic Biological Level?

Maybe that they wouldn't be attacking the core fundamentals of WHO AND WHAT WE ARE AS A SPECIES???????????

Wake Up.

Please.

I believe that's "Deny ignorance", at least that is what a nice guy would do...

I already Told you....

I'm Not Nice.

-Edrick

edit on 2-10-2010 by Edrick because: Coding Error

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Oh, and Just FYI.

Ignorance I can at least understand.

Deliberate Ignorance I cannot Tolerate.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

if you (general) are having so much trouble getting a date chances are it is your fault, and not the girls. Just follow the statistics of any "nice guy".

...Logical Fallacy: Argumentum ad populum (Appeal to the People)
en.wikipedia.org...

LOL you should talk about fallacies!

Ones you are using, starting with formal:

The bare assertion fallacy is a fallacy in formal logic where a premise in an argument is assumed to be true merely because it says that it is true.[1] The bare assertion fallacy claims, "That's just how it is."[2]

One form of the fallacy may be summarized as follows:

* Fact 1: X claims statement A.
* Fact 2: X claims that X is not lying.
* Conclusion: Therefore, A is true.

Still waiting on those sources

AND:

The base rate fallacy, also called base rate neglect, is an error that occurs when the conditional probability of some hypothesis H given some evidence E is assessed without taking into account the "base rate" or "prior probability" of H and the total probability of evidence E.

AND:

he logical fallacy of false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, the either-or fallacy) involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there are other options. Closely related are failing to consider a range of options and the tendency to think in extremes, called black-and-white thinking. Strictly speaking, the prefix "di" in "dilemma" means "two". When a list of more than two choices is offered, but there are other choices not mentioned, then the fallacy is called the fallacy of false choice, or the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses.

You assume they are only choosing between "nice" and "mean". When there are quite a few different options that make up those two personality traits. Of course, if you had some sources this would be all cleared up.

AND:

The naturalistic fallacy is often claimed to be a formal fallacy. It was described and named by British philosopher G. E. Moore in his 1903 book Principia Ethica. Moore stated that a naturalistic fallacy was committed whenever a philosopher attempts to prove a claim about ethics by appealing to a definition of the term "good" in terms of one or more natural properties (such as "pleasant", "more evolved", "desired", etc.). Arthur N. Prior defined it as

"Nice" guy

Now, if you wish to continue I can point out your informal fallacies as well
But that is enough red-herring for now, let's get back to your post (and hopefully the topic!)

Well, from my perspective, the self appointed "nice guys" are arrogant and far from civil or kind.

LOL, guess you DO want me to point out some informals:

Appeal to ridicule, also called appeal to mockery, the Horse Laugh,[1] or reductio ad ridiculum (Latin: "reduction to the ridiculous"), is a logical fallacy which presents the opponent's argument in a way that appears ridiculous, often to the extent of creating a straw man of the actual argument, rather than addressing the argument itself.

Are you saying that Society is sticking them with the Label of "Nice Guys" because they are Mean?

I never said that. So no, it is not "too much" into the ironic melodrama.

I point to this thread for examples...

Really?

Is it that hard to read the thread? If you say "yes" then I will post the exact points where certain posters claimed to be "nice" then were anything but. In fact, I think one of them is on this very page! (It isn't that hard to use the scroll feature.)

So, let me get this straight...

Any guy who walks around calling themselves a "nice guy" is arrogant.

ar·ro·gant
   /ˈærəgənt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
–adjective
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

dictionary.reference.com...

Poisoning the well (or attempting to poison the well) is a logical fallacy where adverse information about a target is pre-emptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing everything that the target person is about to say.

Do you Dance in front of Crippled People too?

And you call this a Society?

You call yourself Civilized?

Appeal to emotion is a potential fallacy which uses the psychological and encompasses several logical fallacies, including:

* Appeal to consequences
* Appeal to fear
* Appeal to flattery
* Appeal to pity
* Appeal to ridicule
* Appeal to spite
* Wishful thinking
* Appeal to ignorance

What are you *ON*?

An ad hominem (Latin: "to the man"), also known as argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise

I challenge this claim, how do you know there are fewer "nice guys" now?

HA, Ask your Parents or Grandparents.

Remember that bare assertion fallacy from above

Source?

www.census.gov...

Department of Census good enough for you?
Page 2, FYI.

Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, April 1994-2002.

Anything recent? If not I will make do.

LOL, please point out where I attacked you! Seriously? *************Masculine?************

YOU SAID:Just because they DONT WANT YOU doesn't mean they don't want "nice guys" it means they don't want you.

Look, I'm sorry that you have run out of Logical Perspective to retort with, but it's not my problem.

Please save the petty insults for Recess, would you?

Again I did not insult you, twisting my words does not make your claim true. Needless to say, the readers can see who is debating and who is being insulting by now.

And, while your perspective is possible, this does not mean the girls seeks out mean guys.

Here you are, basically saying that "Nice Guys" are evil Fakers, only being Kind to get into a girls pants.

Again you twist my words, you had no intention of debating methinks.

Anyway yeah, accuse me of fallacious arguing. Hello pot, this is the kettle...

I am done with you, all you want to do is be "not nice"...

Fallacies: en.wikipedia.org...
(You should study that list, seriously.)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Alright, so I went over our ONE source for the claim:

True... But it IS the general Consensus in Western Society that Pregnancy is the FAULT...

All this shows is:

Comparison of Custodial Parent Population and Those With Child Support Awarded, Due,
and Received: 1994-2002

Source (Page 2)

Just wanted to point out how the unfounded claim was backed with false evidence.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Oh, almost forgot! Sneaky Pete post, kinda so I will respond like this too:

(Bold added)

See, the bold part, that is the claim or "cause". Mr. Man having to pay, etc, well that is all "effect", due to the little word:

thus

This "evidence" does NOT show a link between those two things. Unless I missed it, though I highly doubt it.

This is not a response to the person who made the claim, this is for the readers of the thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

LOL you should talk about fallacies!

Ones you are using, starting with formal:

Really?

Let's See.

The bare assertion fallacy

Ah.... so, what am I presuming to be true, Specifically, if you would like a Retort.

The base rate fallacy

Hmmm.... Noone has preformed a Census for "Nice Guys" as far as I am concerned....

So this is Still a Discussion.

The Department of Census was not a good enough source for you?

What are you asking for Sources IN REGARDS TO?

The logical fallacy of false dilemma

Oh, there's PLENTY of that one going around....

Now, if you wish to continue I can point out your informal fallacies as well But that is enough red-herring for now, let's get back to your post (and hopefully the topic!)

No.... PLEASE.... point out where you think my errors are.

I Dare You Even.

LOL, guess you DO want me to point out some informals:

Appeal to ridicule, also called appeal to mockery

These are YOUR words Sir.

YOU:

ME:

YOU:
I never said that. So no, it is not "too much" into the ironic melodrama.

Well then... what were you talking about?

Is it that hard to read the thread? If you say "yes" then I will post the exact points where certain posters claimed to be "nice" then were anything but.

Please... Enlighten me.

Any guy who walks around calling themselves a "nice guy" is arrogant.

Are you stating that being a Nice Guy is something that people Covet?

And thus... Claiming to be a Nice guy is somehow... Bragging?

Your Jedi Mind tricks Wont work on me.

YOU:

ME:
So, let me get this straight.

There is a segment of the male population, that for whatever reason does not "Get it" in reguards to women.

And you *HONESLTY* think the best thing to do.... is to label them as Vile degenerates, Sociopaths, Weirdos, Manipulators, and other such refinements......

Yes?

YOU:
Poisoning the well (or attempting to poison the well) is a logical fallacy where adverse information about a target is pre-emptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing everything that the target person is about to say.

Are you saying that Claiming "Niceness" is Bragging?

You seriously Need some Context.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You are very Clever.

But you give yourself Away.

Your retorts have no meaning, no context, and no substance.

It's all just sound and Fury...

Signifying Nothing.

Again I did not insult you, twisting my words does not make your claim true. Needless to say,

the readers

can see who is debating and who is being insulting by now.

Now you done it.... You went and Broke the 4th wall.

You aren't even arguing... you are playing to the Audience.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Just wanted to point out how the unfounded claim was backed with false evidence.

You cant HONESTLY BE SERIOUS.

Here... Crayon.

True... But it IS the general Consensus in Western Society that Pregnancy is the FAULT...

That is what you displayed as my "Claim"

This was my Claim: (It's called Context)

It's called Copying the WHOLE SENTANCE so that the meaning of the sentance can be PRESERVED rather than OBSCURED.

CONTEXT
CONTEXT
CONTEXT

The study that I Cited, and YOU READ, indicates that the number of Custodial Mothers FAR OUTWEIGH the number of Custodial Fathers.

While Simultaneously, Fathers Pay More Child Support, And pay in FAR more Instances than Mothers Do.

Your Retort.... Refuted.

-Edrick

edit on 3-10-2010 by Edrick because: context

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Anyway...

I still stand by my original stance. Work on "yourself" before claiming it is "everyone else" who is at fault.

And, if you walk around calling yourself a "nice guy" you are arrogant. And arrogance is not a trait of niceness...

And girls do want to date nice guys, to say otherwise is kinda foolish. I don't know anyone who wants to date someone mean, unless they are into BDSM and even then it doesn't really count as "mean".

I will say this forever (because it is right):

"If a girl does not want to date you, that doesn't mean she doesn't date "nice guys" it means she doesn't date you."

I am responding to no one with this post, just putting the thread back on topic

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join