It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women break up with nice guys?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Stop trying.

I don't know why, but every meanigful relationship I have ever had has occured shortly after I have stopped trying to find a relationship.

Maybe it changes the pheromones or something. ...

Or you can buy the pheromones.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

sorry but the real world isn't always politically correct. if you haven't noticed most women aren't the feminine goddesses they are portrayed to be. a lot of them are just skanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
reply to post by riley

sorry but the real world isn't always politically correct. if you haven't noticed most women aren't the feminine goddesses they are portrayed to be. a lot of them are just skanks.

...actually, it truly seems to be the vast majority of city women which are skanky. I'm not so sure all the rural women are so highly corrupted, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by riley

I recall reading something about menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman.

:shk:

There are rules about minimal posts however the emoticon already said it all for me.. this line is a formality.

Well rather than just giving us a purple shaking head, why don't you try a google search? Be creative and quote me directly, "menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman" , and you'll get a whole bunch of links, mostly written by women. The second link I get is this one

www.womentowomen.com...

where there is the following quote

A common belief among traditional shamanic cultures — for example, Mayan women and the Cree women of Canada — is that women must enter menopause to access their shamanic and healing powers. Menstrual blood has the power to create life in the womb, so when women reach the age of retaining their “wise blood,” they cross the threshold into “wise womanhood” by keeping their wise blood within. At this point they become priestesses and healers — the spiritual leaders of their communities.

Nice try at backracking. You were talking about ALL women lacking wisdom until they reach menopause.. not just ones from certain shamanic tribes.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
reply to post by riley

sorry but the real world isn't always politically correct.

Giving respect isn't a symtom of poliical correctness gone too far.

if you haven't noticed most women aren't the feminine goddesses they are portrayed to be. a lot of them are just skanks.

I don't base my opinions on people on what is portrayed in the media.. and I do not see "skanks" everywhere either.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I recall reading something about menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman.

:shk:

There are rules about minimal posts however the emoticon already said it all for me.. this line is a formality.

Well rather than just giving us a purple shaking head, why don't you try a google search? Be creative and quote me directly, "menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman" , and you'll get a whole bunch of links, mostly written by women. The second link I get is this one

www.womentowomen.com...

where there is the following quote

A common belief among traditional shamanic cultures — for example, Mayan women and the Cree women of Canada — is that women must enter menopause to access their shamanic and healing powers. Menstrual blood has the power to create life in the womb, so when women reach the age of retaining their “wise blood,” they cross the threshold into “wise womanhood” by keeping their wise blood within. At this point they become priestesses and healers — the spiritual leaders of their communities.

Nice try at backracking. You were talking about ALL women lacking wisdom until they reach menopause.. not just ones from certain shamanic tribes.

Not backtracking. Those shamanic tribes would appear to believe this is true of women generally, not just their members. You don't have to agree with them, but you'll find on that site many other voices saying similar things, and other sites as well on the list.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Regardless claiming that only women who've gone through menopause are capable of wisdom is deadset ignorant. Bigotry is not a symptom of wisdom either.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Regardless claiming that only women who've gone through menopause are capable of wisdom is deadset ignorant. Bigotry is not a symptom of wisdom either.

It sounds so nice when you say it. "Deadset ignorant!" "Bigotry!" Even without argument in support of the position!

But who is really backtracking?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Again. Claiming all women of beeding age lack wisdom is ignorant and bigoted. The lining of their uterus sheds once a month.. this process does not effect their intellectual capacity.

edit on 26-9-2010 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Getting a relationship, what a fun topic!

Add "nice guy" to the mix for some mild entertainment.

Well, the current "flow" of the discussion aside (I have to agree with Riley though.)

The "topic". I use quotes because this is a strange topic, in my opinion of course. Why is it strange? Well, that is because I can't think of a better word, at least not right now.

Let's start with the title of the thread, since it is from 2008 I am not going to answer the OPer directly.

"Why do women break up with nice guys?"

First, and my favorite, "nice guy". I didn't know arrogance was a trait of niceness. Think about that before saying you are a "nice guy". More-so, why can you not just be yourself? Why must a label be added to you, is your name insufficient?

Furthermore, let's play word association; or rather, phrase association. When I hear the words "nice guy" the first phrase to pop into my mind is "finish last". I would bet that is a common occurrence, and if not it is in the top 3.

Why does that matter? Well I wouldn't want people thinking "finish last" when I reference myself...

Now, this next part is just an observation of mine. It has been shared, though I don't have any "real" data. In other words: OPINION ALERT

Anyone, (exceptions to the rule withstanding), who refers to themselves as a "nice guy" is not. They are themselves, they can be nothing more, or nothing less. (Don't ya love mumbo jumbo?)

Mumbo jumbo or not, it brings us to the end of my blabbing. If the gal does not like YOU then why would you want her to stay with YOU? If a girl breaks up with you because you are a "nice guy", then isn't that for the better? She didn't like you, or am I missing something...

(Oh, and I am not a "nice guy" I am me. If the gal doesn't like that, then awesome! You know why? Because I don't control people, though that would be kinda awesome too.)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Rather than answer what I say, you stamp your feet and sling accusations, again..

My statement did not exclude that there is some wisdom in some women of reproductive age. I should know -- I'm married to one of them. My statement described a tendency, like more or less every statement describing large groups of people. Were you unaware of that in a discussion like this?

And are you saying the shamanic women, and all the others (mostly women) that one can find google searches like I gave, are ignorant and bigoted?

When one has found the woman he cannot control, but who does not try to control him too much either -- that may be a good marriage. imho.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Lets review what you originally said:

Nope.. no-where did you specify shamanic women. Your whole point was to perpetuate this lack-of-wisdom bs about ALL women in general. It was almost like you were trying to steer this thread from talking about "skanky undeserving women" to brainless ones. Seamless.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Most every human being desires to earn what they get. Yeah, on some shallow level, we all want to obtain what we desire the easiest way possible. But then, that which we wanted and easily acquired, loses its luster quite rapidly. Ever notice how good it feels when you get a paycheck you earned at the end of a hard work week? Its all about validation. Best to be a "nice jerk" that way the ladies will be entertained and having their interest piqued, will want more. Tease and kid with them, make them laugh, and keep yourself unavailable at times, don't pay for their meals and such, go dutch, better yet allow them to pay your way. I'm not saying all of the time, once you meet the right one, and she falls in love with you (if that is what you want, its better to see more than one person until you are actually ready to settle down, you either want to start a family or are getting older, say, middle aged), then take care of her.And most important of all, don't be sappy, never let on how you feel, even if you have to act cool towards her.A good sense of humor is the best advice, never serious at the interim. Ever notice how a "nice girl" even one who is attractive, quickly turns you off? And why, she is easy on the eyes, would do anything for you. deep down, you feel that you are not worth it, and any girl who would worship you would worship any body, lol A challenge is the best for men or women, earning respect, admiration and true love.! Just have fun with it, don't take life so seriously.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Lets review what you originally said:

Nope.. no-where did you specify shamanic women. Your whole point was to perpetuate this lack-of-wisdom bs about ALL women in general. It was almost like you were trying to steer this thread from talking about "skanky undeserving women" to brainless ones. Seamless.

Thanks for reminding us of the quote. I remembered reading something about menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman. Since you asked for support for that statement, I did a google search on exactly that phrase and found a zillion links, one of which was shamanic women saying that. Do shamanic women think they are not like other women? Do you think they are not real women or women worth listening to? I've asked this before and, like most of what I said, you ignored it.

Anyway my point was to say just what I said, not whatever else you may think it was. As you assert that I was "perpetuat[ing] this lack-of-wisdom bs" then you agree that others (including shamanic women) had said it before me, and you should address their arguments by referencing the links I gave and/or providing other references, before describing it as "bs". And if it was "almost like" I was trying to steer the thread from skanky women to brainless women, it wasn't "exactly like" it, because that wasn't true either; I wasn't particularly trying to do that.

And your point? I don't know what your point is, but I do notice that my mentioning of this idea -- supported by many links -- caused you to call me names, describe the idea as "bs" without support, and ignore several of my relevant comments and links.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thanks for reminding us of the quote. I remembered reading something about menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman. Since you asked for support for that statement,

Actually no I didn't.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Thanks for reminding us of the quote. I remembered reading something about menopause being the beginning of wisdom in a woman. Since you asked for support for that statement,

Actually no I didn't.

Oh I'm sorry, to be precise you provided me with a purple shaking head. I took that nicely as a request to support my statement.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Alright, let's apply common sense.

Women that have reached menopause are older than those who have not (on average) correct?

And does not wisdom come with age (on average)?

See the problem here is, someone seems to be applying menopause as the trigger. When, it is most likely, age.

Correlation does not equal causation, of course that applies to all of the above in this post. Another "of course": I didn't spout mine as fact. Just "common sense".

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Are you a woman pretending to be a guy?

This is a serious question.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

LOL!

Nah I am a guy, at least I have all the guy parts...

If I am too feminine I can fart or something...

I am curious as to why you thought I would be a gal instead of a guy?

EDIT--To fix
Something about this post of mine has been bothering me, and I think I know what it is. I would like to change my answer, if that is allowed...

"Am I a girl disguised as a guy?"

I am neither. I am myself, I try not to shelve folks on "girl" and "guy". Since a human is much more than their dangly bits/gender. I am Anthony, even that label as awesome as it is lacks in describing me.

See another as a human, not as their name or their gender--Man, this crap sounds like shlock, doesn't it? Though these are the words that best describe how I handle myself in the world. People like to be recognized for who they are, not what they are--geez there I go again...sorry!

edit on 9/27/2010 by adigregorio because: To add some more topicness

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Just as you claim a "nice guy" is only putting up an act, I see hardcore narcissism in your attempts to come of as humble. Women tend to be more narcissistic then men. So there's that, and also something about your writing style in general. I just got the feeling that I was talking to a woman with a sock account. My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join