It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Media Purposefully Hides News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Where to put this? I don't know, do with what you want mods..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to take a picture of CNN's front page, but I have no idea how.. so after a few hours this may not be important..

www.cnn.com...

However, as of 11:15PM EST there is a major military offensive taking place in Georgia .. we all know this because it's all over ATS .. however ... ITS NO WHERE ON THE NEWS .. I am flabbergasted.. the first time in history a war STARTED the SAME day the Olympics did!

The top news story? Edwards was porking some ugly chick he met in a bar.. oh my GOD no he didn't! .. Oh .. my day is ruined.. Edwards .. porking an ugly old chick he met in a bar.. takes my attention off the hundreds, perhaps thousands, dead in the regional conflict on the Black Sea..

Disgusting..

Fox News had a side story on the issue about how it could start a larger wider war.. however the top story? Hackers at a geek convention and you guessed it .. Edwards porking the chick he met a bar.

If THAT is not a conspiracy, evidence of information control .. what is?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Top story? Georgia. And protest at the Olympics (of which I found no mention of on CNN, FOX, MSNBC or any other alpha mixture..)

I have been getting news from British and Irish news sites, because America's have had few to no updates, hide it in obscure locations and consistently place mundane crap as the top stories!

Anyone else noticing this??

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I feel your frustration.

I posted a thread called Media abandons America recently on the subject which you might enjoy.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

This important thing to consider..

If the Media willfully hides entire stories until every one talks about it and they have to post something to save face..

Why the hell should we believe the stories that they actually DO post are even truthful at all? Lost all credibility with me, I will stick to the European news (as good as that is..
)

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is just my guess estimation...

50% of America keep up and care about the news...

Of that 50%, I would say 50% watch only the national and local news at night, the other 25% stay tuned to CNN or FOX news you pick... and the final 25% stay informed through blogs on the internet.

Point is, you are in the minority and so are the CNN/Foxnews fanatics...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Somehow western media doesn't seem considering this
war, ahmmm.... - important.
Perhaps because it should NOT distract US - common readers
(perhaps we should be watching olympic games).
Perhaps the goal is to keep Russia busy.
South ossetia's attack by georgia is doomed from the start.
Mr. Saakashvili - georgia's president - must have known this.
So while Russia-EU-Georgia deal with their new mess,
and rest of the world watches olympic games (naturally
unaware of tibetan protests), perhaps a 3rd hidden event will
be triggered. Here are my thoughts on the 3rd Event:

- Israel strikes Iran
- Wall Street crashes
- US debts are restructured

best regards.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree.
CNN won't report it until they get a whole bunch of free "i-reporters" to do their work for them.
Back to BBC world news for me.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
To capture your screen hit the "print screen" button (top right on keyboard) and go into paint or photoshop or whatever and hit paste.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Intel hides it all from us.

Like the tentacles of the Tea Pot Dome scandal, control is
too powerful.

Try the seven days in May, 1945 for round one of modern
day controls.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
LOL-they arent hiding it, its just not as big a deal as the folks on here who want WW3 make it out to be. I mean its a big, but not a big deal if you get my drift. Why is the media goijng to hype up something that will be over in a day or two anyway? If it does happen to spiral into something bigger then they will cover it, but no need to now.

It is what it is...the situation has started and if it escalates greatly it will be reported. Why do we need a play by play?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's simple. In the U.S., largely what happens beyond our border doesn't count unless it's Iraq, Afghanistan or something of that ilk.

Haven't you noticed that weather doesn't exist in Canada or Mexico on weather maps? Have they advanced to the point of having weather yet? I haven't payed attention.

Actually, I think everything stops at the border exept Mexicans.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Our local newspaper is filled with trivia and financial news on the front page.

There is no place for serious talk about what is true or not true or what is important or not, or what we can do to turn things around and make life better.

Every agency report is believed, every business is honest, every politician is well meaning, every statistic means things are alright or just not alright.

Up could be down, black could be white, yes could be no and news people wouldnt know the difference. Everything is just a point of view including evil, greed and homeland security.

I cant stand being near a teevee it jars me too much so I come online and read the news here. Its better here not so many distractions.

sarc

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The Major only hopes that the rest of the world's media manages to tally the impressive civilian casualty rate being racked up in Ossentia. The Major is sure that only short of this great nation's capital or Dafur, could an unarmed citizen have the opportunity of having their existence snuffed out in such an undeserving manner. The Major is also sure that our own MSM will find the contorted means to infer that it is our own troops that are responsible for said casualties should the inescapable need to report on this skirmish. All hail liberal self loathing.

The Major will make no apology for the Major's incredulous diatribes.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Considering that Oklahoma declaring sovereignty didn't get squat for coverage I'd say theres a major problem with the integrity of all mainstream media. However just the last few days in Canada, and I can't remember whether it was cbc or cnn, but they just said that there are many very bad predictions made for the next 2 years, and also, they did a piece about how flouride lowers IQ, and Ontairo citizens were demonstrating to get it out of their water, which is something I wasn't expecting. Something is starting to change, a little?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
you know, when you think about it, there's a very good chance our alledged journalistic media could well be accessories to treason or war crimes or murder...all americans, and the journalists/media clowns/whatever they have become might be VERY guilty, especially considering how badly they have dropped the balls the past 8 years (i'm sure most of us here can recite the list from memory...yellowcake and plame, anthrax, cheney behind the comm at norad on 9/11, and so on) when they know that americans, rightly or wrongly, based on past precedent and what journalistic integrity used to mean, rely on them for the truth and for ringing the alarms and keeping track of all this. have to admit that "they" have used this past precedent to their advantage though.

p.s. and when they are forced to report it because too many people are noticing that they're not? well the looks on their faces and the way they rush through it are very telling indeed.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Not the only time this has happened and won't be the last..

PBS Breaks 'Media Blackout' of NYT Story on 'Pentagon Propaganda'!

A great thread and story that I keep linking to in order that ATS does not forget that the mainstream media is nothing but a tool to insure a dumbed down propaganda for those who have successfully been convinced that the heirarchy is designed for their best interests...

Good watching, Rockpuck...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well..

...at least it's being noticed.

The only way our media (and I say "our" in the most flimsy kind of way) will ever tell us what we want it to, and "watchdog OUR government" as it's duty should be (and what many people still believe it is...lol), is to completely boycott their programming and their sponsors.

When their ratings start going down, and if the subsidies they're receiving from the various initials in D.C. aren't already paying for their insolence, then maybe the proverbial sledgehammer will smack their producer's teeth out and get their attention.

I do think it might be moot, yet I also think it's imperative to convince your family and friends to completely disregard any American mainstream media news source in whatever effort possible to gain something other than journalism without it's current urine-yellow hue.

Analogous, I know, but the cattle must stop eating their own if they want better food...yet they know no better.

It's always been called an "idiot-box" for a reason.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes i also have noticed this, there aren't too much covergae on the american media.
This is where i'm getting my news from,check it out!!

www.reuters.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.afp.com...
www.itar-tass.com...

cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Here in Germany they're fortunately not so ignorant about Georgias war issue on the website from www.spiegel.de (Btw. Political-Magazin No.1 in Germany) the war in Georgia is the websites opener.

Spiegel.de

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Of course they are not. In Germany and most other European countries they don't know censorship to the degree it is in the US. Americans are on purpose being kept stupid.

I am happy you have seen the light (finally), Rockpuck. It's not been so long that you would instantly attack various subject that were censored by US main stream media.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Use www.reuters.com..., they are good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join