It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Is this significant? Why would they do this?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Deaf Alien]

link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Question for Ian: when you talk about the even and odd scan lines, are the odd ones the brighter ones or the darker ones in the fadeout at bottom?

I cropped out all the black (color=000000) border, and came up with a 282x59 image. In that, the 'odd' scanlines (29 of them) are the ones that are brighter, overall, with less vertical gradient, and the 'even' scanlines (30 of them) are the ones that are darker, with more of a gradient.

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I can see them laughing at us

Yes I agree -- too much technical analysis and sidetracking... gonna take a more 'holistic' second (actually third, fourth, etc) look at this...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I can see them laughing at us

they're toying with us. for all we know, the answer to this one might be something like "CONGRATULATIONS! THIS WAS ALL A LIE!!!
That's when we'll kill them all-->

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Well, yes, it's possible. But I don't think it's likely that whoever made the image screwed up like that...

Ok, then. So I guess unless the person who made the puzzle sees this conversation and goes, 'Oops. You're right guys. It did lose vital information during the GIF image saving process,' we'll just keep on going? lol

It is a possible, if not a likely goof. Let's hope that isn't the case. If so, ready your feathers and buckets of tar.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Also, it would be very nice of whoever made the puzzle to double check really fast to make sure their puzzle works after the saving by using the image we are seeing on the conspiracy site and letting us know there wasn't a goof.

Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I cant see them making such a simple mistake as saving a image that depend on pixel values using lossy compression myself... But if they did, i want the lat 12 hours of my life back!!
hehe

Anyway, after looking at all the posts and going over everything we've done so far, i think that we need to focus on the simple again. They talk about logic and cryptography skills in the build up to this, not understanding of different image formats and image manipulation tools.

I think the answer lies more in the obvious realm of different green values myself. I jsut cant work out how...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hmm.. i think i need to get professional help. I'm starting to lose it

Feels like i've tried everything there is. And i still find new ways to, but nothing gives any answer. Right now i'm thinking more and more like a primate... my brain is starting to brake up in small pixels. Maybe it is easy as h*ll, but we digg too deep?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The puzzle is correct, it was made without fault. The answer will always lay within us figuring it out. It has been to long for ATS to mess up on a puzzle or design. If we do not get it in 12 days, they will give us a hint, which is better than the last games ATS hosted when there would be a stand still for months.

All we can do is wait for now or likely move forward till someone just gets lucky.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just added beside Puzzle #4

"No solutions will be found in a graphic analysis of this cryptogram."

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ahhhh

a hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea like what was just said hahaha

now i feel so much better to have this

so what...

we need to seriously intensely meticulously analyze the colors?

I agree lets go simple again

maybe the dark colors are not spaces...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No solutions will be found in a graphic analysis of this cryptogram. So they are watching our thread. I wonder are they talking about steganography angle?

It said this at first, they must have changed it.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Steganography is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one apart from the sender and intended recipient even realizes there is a hidden message. By contrast, cryptography obscures the meaning of a message, but it does not conceal the fact that there is a message. Today, the term steganography includes the concealment of digital information within computer files. For example, the sender might start with an ordinary-looking image file, then adjust the color of every 100th pixel to correspond to a letter in the alphabet—a change so subtle that someone who isn't actively looking for it is unlikely to notice it.

mmmmm

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
just noticed something. The glyphs might be something, as they have symbols that might be clues. the same symbol is at both ends, and the dots seemed to be surrounded by the white lines on the top, bottom, and at the ends.

also, the black vertical gaps in side the white bars reminded me of sound files. tried saving pic as mp3 but couldn't read it. will ANYTHING WORK?!?!?!!?!?

edit---nvm, just got the hint. sigh........looks like we're back to--
I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF!!!!!!!

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Varrin7]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Ive just wasted the last 12 hours of my life deconstructing that bloody image AHHHHHHHHH!

Thats it, Im going to bed, its nearly 6am here. Hope you guys get somewhere before i hop back on later, if not then at least I know about 16 million ways NOT to go about deciphering it!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

No, going on the simplicity of the first 3 puzzles in comparison with what we have been considering i think we are being told the code is in the difference in the colours.

I am going ot retry the green pixel value stuff i did again...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think they just mean, "Look at the green values"

edit: So is everyone using the blisstonia.com cipher breaker? it's getting slower and slower ...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbadel
"No solutions will be found in a graphic analysis of this cryptogram."

Ok, guys. Help me out here. This puzzle has obviously exhausted my mental capacity and my brain is no longer running on all cylinders.

We're provided with a graphic yet then told analysis of that graphic is not the way to go?

Help me out because I'm beginning to feel like I have the logical sense of the mad hatter.

Edit to add: Yes, the green definitely seems to be the way to go but would this not count as 'graphic analysis?'

AshleyD is feeling like a
at the moment.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

yea i agree
lets just look at the colors

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join