It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I tried the keyboard thing, but only starting with abcdef=qwerty. I even tried advancing with each letter, but gave up about four letters into the process

Again, nice job. And thanks for getting us through those purple bars

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dahmerjr

I still don't get what you are saying. Can you show an example?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think the shapes must be related to their adjacent shapes in some fashion, or else the solution would of been apparent on the first page of this threat with:

ABCDEFG HBIJDFKE LFMNODCPANN LFGFIQMQRJ HPAKAF

I have started playing with the idea that the persistent triangle represents something like on/off. So the top half is all even numbers, and the bottom half is all odd numbers for example. Not sure how the adjacent shapes could be related tho

I dont think we can just discard the significance of the persistent triangle. Everything has a purpose in these things.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

You must be tired. You posted in the wrong thread

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Did anyone ever figure out how the color bars coded out to:
SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC HDJARWYYH HWXJZ

???

The keyboard crypto is so random! Who has time to try the 1000 different ways that could have been patterned?!? Damn. I mean, it could have been a progressive slide, steps of 6, etc... c'mon!

Why not encrypt it with the first paragraph of the 3rd story of the New York Times's PM edition from 3 weeks ago?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Did anyone ever figure out how the color bars coded out to:
SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC HDJARWYYH HWXJZ

???

No, the closest match I found was adding two rows of green color values in the original image, then converting to text:

SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC HDJARWYYH HWXJZ (posted letters)
SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC KGLDWMRRK KMABS (row 47 + row 57)

The last two words just seem random though.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

No, the closest match I found was adding two rows of green color values in the original image, then converting to text:

SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC HDJARWYYH HWXJZ (posted letters)
SKEGRJAIH FWBLOX OPGFEH ARFSAJC KGLDWMRRK KMABS (row 47 + row 57)

The last two words just seem random though.

Well, here's a picture of the pattern. What I did was basically take the straight translation from hex to ascii, made that row "0" then I shifted the ascii chart down one for each row 1, 2, 3, etc...

The yellow bands are the only 4 rows where all the characters are alphabet with no symbols.

I then highlighted in blue the letters they gave us. You can see the pattern is somewhat regular, like you said for the first 4 words, alternating between an ascii shift of 5 and 4. Then when you get to the last 2 words, the shift goes all crazy:

Click here to see the full image

You can read the numbers across the bottom. You can see visually that there is some symmetry to the pattern, but the end there is no pattern what so ever. What exactly did you add or whatever to get those numbers?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
What exactly did you add or whatever to get those numbers?

Here's the spreadsheet I'm using (I spent a few minutes to make the screenshots pretty like yours
).

For reference, these are the green-channel color values (odd scanlines):

And this is the difference between the given letter translation (on the right) and the color values in each row:

So you can see the difference with row Y57 is equal to the green values of row Y67, until the last two words, when everything goes wonky.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

OH dear! lol what a muppet i am.

Ill try to post to the correct thread next time.

I dont understand how the solution was obtained from this puzzle, even with the given explanation!
Perhaps i am not thinking about it correctly. I really would like to hear a explanation of how this was achieved after spending so much time thinking about it myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A bit to late but i think this is what they used to create this puzzle.
Cryptogram Assistant

Just click on the advanced view button, and then you can then add the colors.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BannedForLife
A bit to late but i think this is what they used to create this puzzle.
Cryptogram Assistant

Just click on the advanced view button, and then you can then add the colors.

That's a very good site. Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate it. This might help with the current puzzle.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join