It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

I was just thinking of reversing it and trying it that way after I read

It will be observed that caesar slides across on each, and juxtaposition is not what it seems

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

"it will be observed, twice, that the rotation of the glyphs give meaning"

maybe rotate "twice"

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

I made a program to shift all the letters and the only strings that consist entirely of letters are this:

RJEGQIAHH FVBKNW NOGFEH AQFRAIC JGKDVLQQJ JLABR

SKFHRJBII GWCLOX OPHGFI BRGSBJD KHLEWMRRK KMBCS

TLGISKCJJ HXDMPY PQIHGJ CSHTCKE LIMFXNSSL LNCDT

UMHJTLDKK IYENQZ QRJIHK DTIUDLF MJNGYOTTM MODEU

I tried anagram solver on these. No dice.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think we should drop the double letters.

just an idea. it could be just be a snag for the real puzzle questions

just an idea

reversed- deleted one of each double letters

RBALJ JQLVDKGJ CIARFQA HEFGON WNKBVF HAIQGEJR

[edit on 9-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
OK, a wild idea perhaps but what if we attempt to caesar shift the 'spaces' as well?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I don't know if it helps much but the same Pink code is also on the bottom center of the 6th clue pic. from the wiki page.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I tried adding the indices together and got this: AMD7K&

I was thinking AMD-7K

I entered that and it didn't work lol

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
wow after a whole night sleep i expected to wake up and find you all on puzzle 7 by now

This one must be hard. Ill give it some more thought soon. Good work so far

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Good morning everyone

Never made it back yesterday, so I'm pleased to see I only missed one solution. I will get these up on the wiki today, I promise.

All I've done so far with this one is convert the green channel values into letters, and Ian posted the same results I got with much more flair than I possibly could.

I'm banking on the zero values (the bright magenta bars, which have no green in them at all) as spaces.

For those who are discouraged because they don't have fancy graphics programs, don't give up. They really aren't needed. Nothing we've had so far has required any actual image manipulation. If you happen to use a Mac, there's a handy little tool called DigitalColor Meter which can tell you how much red, green, and blue are mixed to make up the color on your monitor wherever you put your cursor. There's probably something similar in the Windows world, though I don't know what it's called.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
To help people without any image manipulation skills, here is what i am working on:

(note this image is distorted as i have edited it, do not use it to check the green values)

I have recorded the green pixel values for each block and then assigned them a unique number. Then i have assigned each number a letter and get:

ABCDEFGHH IJKLMN MODICH GEIAGFP BDLQJREEB BRGKA

Or where space = X

ABCDEFGHHXIJKLMNXMODICHXGEIAGFPXBDLQJREEBXBRGKA

I am sure that the green pixel thing must be the way to go as the range of values is so close. The lowest green value is 93 and the highest value is 115. So it must be a range of 22 values.

Hope that helps some of you get started

[edit on 9/8/2008 by GarethAyres]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Do you think the horizontal stripes have anything to do with it?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos
I don't know if it helps much but the same Pink code is also on the bottom center of the 6th clue pic. from the wiki page.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Indeed, you are correct. Here's Ian McLean's post about it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This all happened before I joined the thread, but it looks to me like the horizontal rows need to be deciphered.

Edit to add: Also, one or more of these words from another practice puzzle may apply:

rotation sequencing substitution
juxtaposing scrambling misdirection
zeitgeist strategize solutions

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I count 18 horizontal strips. I don't know if that will help

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have no idea if I am even on the right track but here's what I have anyhow.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 13 15 4 9 3 8 7 5 9 1 7 6 16 2

I figure maybe 2= I or A
and 8 =L or S

Well maybe this will be helpful who knows

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looking back at Ian McLean's solution to the similar practice problem, I think we may have to look at the different horizontal rows. I'm going to start in on that angle, trying to figure out which row might be the crucial one (eg, in the earlier puzzle, rows 2&4 were where the code was).

The other thing I'm wondering about is, what if the shift changes for each letter? So, for example, you would shift the first letter by one, the second letter by 2, the third letter by 3 ... (or by 5, then 6, then 7 ...; or by 2 then 4 then 6 ...)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
wow, this is some tricky stuff.
all of these ideas you guys are comin up with.......makes my head hurt.

hope someone has a breakthrough, this one is a pain. Should bust out the National Treasure theme, might inspire some of you.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Varrin7

Ive been staring at that damned image for 6 hours now, when I look away from the monitor I have an imprint of it on my retinas

Ive tried every which way possible to decipher it to no avail (although I seem to consistantly get the words 'liverpool' or 'disagreed' for the 5th word/section).

Please, for the love of everything sane, please someone figure this out before my brain melts......

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

just a thought, the image looks similar to a bar code, like ones found on packages for food and the like. wonder if there is some kind of code. usually there are numbers below a bar code. also, what if it's some sort of binary?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

What do you mean by "movement"? How we were talking about the shifting of colors, or actually moving the "separate" bars of color (inverted)? Either way, I don't think we were seeing the movement you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
take a look at this, info on code 93, used in making bar codes.

Code 93

code 128, another bar code form

code 128

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Varrin7]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join