It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #4 - Color Code

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I dunno if this will help at all but if someone can go in and play with the colors or sharpen the image...i got a whole bunch of crazy stuff with different layers...and at the very edges of the pic, there is a whole different sequence of colors if you zoom in. weird stuff! or maybe nothing at all

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shellyhk

looks like glyphs to me

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i dont have the tools to do so, but with the inverted image, it looks as if the middle is all put together, and then the first skewed line on each side is in place, i think we have to move around the individual lines so that the pink matches up, do you kwno what i mean, itll probbaly spell or draw something

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the glyphs, but here's the image with the brightness and contrast tweaked and then inverted. Notice the broken lines some of the rows.

I think if you follow Ian's advice in the other thread then you're onto something. Just like the other thread, the Red and Blue channels are the same number, but the Green channel is always different and less than the red and blue channels.

I can't work on this too much longer but I'd start by getting myself a spreadsheet and start taking down the numbers, then calculate the differences between the values of Green and Red/Blue channels, and then convert the decimal values to Hex. Then look up those hex numbers in an ASCII table (or your computer's character map) for letters.

* EDIT - That's better. Much Easier to see the broken pattern I was talking about.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by sos37]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Would they make a game that required specialized graphic software to figure out? I'm still working on the code.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

GIMP is free and will do everything you need to do what these image experts are doing but unfortunately you need to know the program. I'm just going to wait until the graphic experts figure out the cryptogram and hope they need help finding the thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Another possible angle to go at this with is with the Palette Index. I don't really know if this is something that is set up by the person making the image, or if the graphics program automatically sets it up, but regardless, of 256 possible values, these colors don't go any higher than 22. This makes me think they might somehow correspond to letters of the alphabet, but I haven't been able to get anything useful yet.

Here are the values for each word, assuming the bright pink lines are spaces (they have a an index value of 1):

8-3-15-6-4-13-2-7-7
5-10-14-12-16-20
16-19-6-5-15-7
2-4-5-8-2-13-21
3-6-12-22-10-11-4-4-3
3-11-2-14-8

All of this might be nothing (I personally think the green-value angle is the way to go), but I thought I might bring it up in case it helps anybody. I converted it to letters and got a garbled mess, and so I tried to figure it out like a cryptogram, but I haven't got anywhere with that yet. This ain't your Sunday-morning paper cryptogram, that's for sure.

To Deaf Alien: your numbers are all right, except for the second to last word... it's got a double-109 in there. So that one should be:

102-99-103-96-114-104-109-109-102

To sos37: I tried that approach, subtracting the green from the red/blue. The highest number you get from this is 29, so it can't be converted directly to letters, and 29 (or 1D hex) on the ASCII scale is not a letter. But the fact that the red/blue value is always higher than the green does seem like there's something to that.

Good luck everybody... I'm going to continue pulling my hair out over this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think the green channel has got to be the way to go. I converted all the green channel values to unique letters and get:

abcdefghh ijklmn modich geiagfp bqlrjseeb bsgka

I cant get anything from that though

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
Where's Ian? He solved the last puzzle similar to this. It is This thread if anyone else knows what the hec he's talking about.

Heh... just got in from work: yes, I left a little early

On #4, already, huh? Checking it out now...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have no idea how the hell you guys even know where to start with these things. I know for sure that I will be of no help, but I will enjoy watching
. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't assume the solid lines are spaces. Some of us thought the vertical rows in the 5x5 squares of puzzle #3 were spaces and that turned out to wrong.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, there is a lot of information in that image...

Looks like the active pixel area (non-black) is 282x59. The red channel values are always exactly equal to the blue channel colors.

The odd and even scanlines give a different pattern, with different gradients.

Unless there was color rounding when converting the image to a 256-color GIF, there's TONS of patterns to be found. For example, here's some of the areas of unique color, outlined, in just the green channel even scanlines:

Gonna look at some of the more obvious stuff before I try and decode that...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was going to play until I realized that this is pretty much a cryptography game that is based largely around computer knowledge, something which I have 0 of. I have no idea what I am even suppose to do with that image. I wont be any help in this ATS game.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
not really. you see some of us can deal with the computer stuff. but usually the result is a riddle which can be answered by anyone with more experience about forum content/threads.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

hey can you get any different type of letters

an how did you do this?

i am still betting on thse letters

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't know if this helps any but it reminds me of light spectrum bars if you know what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure what they are called but i know they use something similar to determine where the certain type of light is on the light spectrum.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ok, four hours and a bottle of advil later, I am STILL stuck on this. I have tried every possible and imaginable way to decode this.. except for whatever we are supposed to do, obviously. Figuring out the differing colors in everyone's status bars took less time and brain power than this.

If anyone can use this, here you go:

I am convinced the color codes are important and that the 'hot pink' segments represent a space between words in the cryptogram.

I added the black lines in between each segment bar because the difference between hues were so subtle, it began to hurt my eyes after a while and gave me a headache. So ignore the black lines- they're only there to help separate the fragments. If I adjusted the contrast or did anything else besides add black lines to separate the segments, the color codes change and I didn't want that to happen.

Good luck, everyone.

I've been adding, subtracting, looking at color codes, matching numerals to alphabet characters, using cryptogram solvers, have a million sheets of scratch paper, and still... NADA!

EDIT: Oh, and here it is enlarged for those of you who can't resize it without losing quality:

i133.photobucket.com...

[edit on 8/9/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here's a version of the original image, and the same image, with the color palette replaced with another. This shows the areas of unique colors. I've scaled it up 2x to make it easier to see.

From left-to-right, the green-channel color values along the middle of the image are:

6e 66 61 63 6d 65 5d 64 64 00
62 72 5e 67 6a 73 00
6a 6b 63 62 61 64 00
5d 6d 62 6e 5d 65 5f 00
66 63 67 60 72 68 6d 6d 66 00
66 68 5d 5e 6e

(split into new lines whenever there's a '00')

To put that into alphabet letters, using hex 5d as 'A' through hex 76 as 'Z':

RJEGQIAHH
FVBKNW
NOGFEH
AQFRAIC
JGKDVLQQJ
JLABR

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
if you count the number of lines between each solid pink line you get 966795. if you correlate those to letters in the alphabet you get iffgie.
also i think the movement people are saying they see is merely an optical illusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

the remapped colors you put up look almost like a dna strand. perhaps it's someting about dna?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join