It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was So Big I Couldn't See The Edges....I Couldn't See Past It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Cone shaped indentations... Hrrrrm...

MASSIVE electro statically charged / driven military blimp?
Think buttons on a leather chair. Some sort of retention for the outside material?

That's if military.

I know that leaves lots of questions but hey. Who knows?

On route to Crawford Texas?

"Let's show the president our goods!"

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
How come this always happens and you NEVER hear about anybody shooting at the UFO. If I am in the woods I have a AR-15 with me always. I am by far not the only gun nut out there either. I would have shot at the damn thing than ran like hell. Maybe I would get lucky and a very tiny piece of this ship might come down, and I would have real proof. Well that and I would hope a door did not open and 300000 little angry green men came running out with blasters.
Honestly, why do the aliens always seem to pick unarmed people to jack with.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Last year off the island of Guernsey (in the English Channel off the coast of northern France) a commercial airline pilot reported a visual sighting of a UFO about a mile long in size.

SOURCE

[edit on 27-7-2008 by uknumpty]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Yeah, mile long and mile wide UFO, sure....sure.

Not to be a negative Nelly and rain on you guys desire to accept darn near anything you hear without giving it rational thought...but why the hell would there be any need for a mile wide UFO? Seriously, consider that for a moment. Sure, sure....I know.....its what you guys call a "Mothership".

Just think about that for a moment before responding. Why take a craft that big, if it is a mothership, into the atmosphere? For what purpose? Surely not for close-up observation right? I mean, we can image a car's license plate from space, so if its alien technology they can probably do a lot better from even farther out. If it is samples they are getting, no need for them to take a mile wide craft down for a few pounds of dirt. Its a mother ship right, they would only send a scout or something.

I don't know, but folks like me must have too much common sense and reason to fall for this kind of stuff. Sure, maybe the guy saw "something", but I HIGHLY doubt it was a "Mile wide" for crying out loud.

Maybe they were moving into another dimension which is home to them, mayeb they are 200 foot beings, maybe this maybe that, common sense doesn't really come into play when speculating something we seem to have no knowledge about if you ask me

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hmmm. 200 ft beings is a nice argument! Especially if we go back to the Bible where it speaks about giants.
But my thought on it is: Wasn't there a story of aliens using the energy lines of our planet to 'refuel'? Maybe they were out of fuel and it's 'cheaper' on earth, because humans don't charge for it!
(Out of fuel one again: it just didn't have the energy to stay in orbit and the pilot had to buy time by going down until a tanker came to refuel his ship!!)

Another possibility is of course, disclosure: humans ignore the small ones, now it's time to make sure that the humans actually see it (and get decent footage), but they still have to stay away from big cities by broad daylight to stop a possible mass panic.
Or maybe it was a young pilot who was trying to get his 'class 1' license and wanted/needed to practice on a planet with a gravitation of 9,87m/s(2) (was it 9,xy or 4,xy? I learned it about 8 yrs ago in college and Wiki won't load)

Maybe the pilot was a young pilot showing off to his girlfriend!
OMG, there are so many possibilies.

How about: they wanted a full scan of the core of the planet and it would take too long to send out 50 small tarned drones and the pilot 'couldn't be asked'.
Maybe they were taking probs of wildlife and the 'teleportation mechansim' only works within a short range.

Maybe it wasn't a 'mothership' but a transportship and the pilot had a bit of time on his hands and decided to visit 'Eridu' and have a look round and paragraph xyz of the intergalactic highway code states 'On this category of planet pilots shall steer clear of all civilization..' or the 'health and safety file' states "...shall stay at a minimum height of .... over towns and cities."

So, when you have proved all those possibilities as wrong (and no one can think of anymore
) I'll go with the argument, 'it doesn't make sense, so it isn't possible!

/humor on
I hope disclosure comes soon, I want to go to the nearest space station and apply for my pilots licence, driving lorries on this planet is getting boring. I wonder how expensive a small transport ship is, incl. running costs.

/humor off

Have a good one,
Samuel

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Anyone that has seen my post on here know that I am a bit skeptical of anything posted on here. I have been in the community a short time but I feel like I have seen and heard it all, but there are times when something in me says "wait a minute" "Take a look at this". This is one of those times. I come from the south and I know most of the common people down there just want to raise there farm animals and live a quite country life. So for someone to come forth like he has it has a credibility to it that gives me an eerie ring. I believe this guy. I also was shocked when I heard Edgar Mitchell on fox and friends. Mitchell was like, shutup and listen, I dont care if you believe me or not, this is what I was asked to pass on and this is what I know. He was very credible. I do hope that with so much happening at this time that disclosure comes quick. It could be the worlds last breath of hope.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Maybe they're "tuning" our location, earth. When the tuning is complete, perhaps the huge mother ship becomes solid. Until then it just fades in and out. There is a possibility that there will be no full materialization in the lower atmosphere. Such a ship would probably crash due to it's weight.
Also, they could be coming or nearby and just wish to make their existence known through a hologram. In Stephenville, TX the craft was picked up on radar, but it was not as large as witnesses reported. Perhaps the craft can project a visible image that is different than it's actual shape.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ricky is NOT an attention getter...

He lives in a very rural part of Dublin Texas.

I believe he's telling the truth 100% and in fact I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he's telling the truth.

The UFO looked like this:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

*Keep in mind that's one huge craft with holes in the bottom of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not satying it exists, but if it does.. it may be interdimensional whereas a drift in physical items distance at the source may multiply exponentially ... also it may be US weaponary platform.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I also saw one in N.M. in Taos, I was at the hot springs alone for the night and the following am, I saw above my VW a huge football shaped ufo that was blocking my view of any portion of the sky.

What was strange was the force field that surrounded it, somehow it was almost etheric looking, blurry and very bright. The color was pearly beige almost pinkish tan, I wondered at the time if it was in a different dimension or that I was looking into a different dimension.

I have seen huge craft. I can tell you without a doubt, the USAF see these on their radar. They do not even want ATC to report it, no incidence reports without 'problems' for the reporting personnel.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Maybe I would get lucky and a very tiny piece of this ship might come down, and I would have real proof. Well that and I would hope a door did not open and 300000 little angry green men came running out with blasters.
Honestly, why do the aliens always seem to pick unarmed people to jack with.

IMHO, This is precisely why you will never encounter one, and if you do it will have the ability to mirror back at you your fear, after all that is what your post implies.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

About your post, don't you think this mothership was doing something more important than taking samples or pictures or whatever? Due to the low population concentrations in southwestern USA, the Government must have a few underground facilities related to the aliens , whose technology they use to be 20 years in advance in cas of a war or something...Have you thought about that ? Maybe this huge ship was there for a long time, and a couple of greys decided to "wake" it up and take off with it, no matter the weather conditions and possible witnesses.
Maybe aliens are fighting each other like we do, about their policy towards us.
I should be a SF writer, it couldn't be worse than Stargate

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Once again we have a witness,stating that he saw something in the sky. No photos,no video and no other witnesses. There is no evidence of anything. Just another person who may or may not be telling the truth. Since nothing this guy has said can be corroborated there is no story here.
Sorry...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I will tell you this, if it was a UFO and the gov. didn't wan't you talking
about it then they would'nt fly a few blackhawks around your place
and then have a light col. call your house to give you a time out!
Unless they do wan't this guy to talk about it? Look, this guy seems to be
one of those "good ole boys", you know the bud drinkin patriotic type.
They would have just told the guy that he saw a clasified project and to
not talk about it.If that did'nt work then they could use some muscle,
and when uncle sam sicks the machine on you, your not going to spend
the next day on larry king live!
I

link   
I will tell you this, if it was a UFO and the gov. didn't wan't you talking
about it then they would'nt fly a few blackhawks around your place
and then have a light col. call your house to give you a time out!
Unless they do wan't this guy to talk about it? Look, this guy seems to be
one of those "good ole boys", you know the bud drinkin patriotic type.
They would have just told the guy that he saw a clasified project and to
not talk about it.If that did'nt work then they could use some muscle,
and when uncle sam sicks the machine on you, your not going to spend
the next day on larry king live!
I oopps sorry for the double!

[edit on 27-7-2008 by 1cav1team]

link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I had seen that photo a while back but did not know the story surrounding it until I saw Mr. Sorrells on LK then remembered seeing that photo that matched his description. I might have seen it on filers fies. but thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1cav1team

see I figure the govt, by flying the helicopters around his ranch, was letting him know they were in charge and he was probably given the go ahead by them to speak about it. But they just wanted him to understand.... he doesn't talk til they say he can talk.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Question: If this thing was a mile long and a mile wide.... why arent there hundreds or thousands of witnesses? If something that big were hovering over you (and you didnt litterally pass out in fear or have heart failure LOL) wouldnt everyone in a square mile also be standing under this thing? Where are those witnesses?

What if this were a test of some new stealthing technology and to most people it was NOT there? or Ricky just happenned to be looking up when the 'cloaking device' went on the fritz for a minute. What if the smaller craft were designed to only fly in our atmosphere and therefore the "mothership" or "carrier" would have to be stationed in our atmosphere and is normally cloacked from view.... but then why wouldnt the smaller craft be stealth as well...

Just some thoughts .. I am certainly no expert but thank you for letting me ramble a bit

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ok I must be stupid or something... BUT:
Wouldnt a mile wide craft make it appear like night time underneath it? It would at least leave one heck of a shadow, wouldnt it?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

Because the closest neighbor to Ricky is like a mile and a half away. I told you he lives in a very rural area. He only observed it hovering above him for approx 2 minutes before it took off.

I've known Ricky since January. He's as honest as they come. He's a hard working man. He has a family. He's not making any money off of this. He's only been loosing sleep, being threatened, and bothered by media hounds. He's not the type of guy to bask in publicity. He hates it. He was hunting with a gun, he didn't have a camera with him. He called me shortly after he got that phone call from the Lt. Col and I could sense the fear in Ricky's voice when he told me what the Lt. Col told him. "We have the same fire power you have only more of it!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join