It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying 'cloud craft' ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Right, I need some thoughts on this.

As you can see I was on a boat, and we were watching this huge puff ball like cloud sat on the water in the distance saying how awesome it looked just sat there. (The wind was blowing right to left in relation to the picture)
So this 'cloud' was sat on the water, and then it just tipped 45 degrees on its side, and lifted off the water into the wind! just like that, no noise, no nothing, upwards and off it went up towards the suns position.

It wasn't in any hurry, it just rose up and up and then just went off towards the high altitude cloud and vanished amongst them.

You can also see how big it was by the shadow it leaves over the clouds far off in the distance.

I just wanted to see if any one here has seen any thing like this ever before. I mean a damn cloud sat on the water and then rose and off it goes... stumped? damn right I am!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Dan, this is an interesting account.
Do you have any other pictures of this cloud object? It would be interesting to see it moved slightly, or angled a different way.

I can understand how there may be the technology to cloak a craft with a cloud like substance. After all, it would only take water and some technology to do this. The other alternative is that maybe this cloud cover is a hologram akin to stealth technology.

I have never seen clouds lift from water level, change angles and rise up off the ground.

Was there any sound accompanying this sighting? How fast did this cloud object move?

Edit: Dan, are those whisps of clouds below the large cloud, what is left behind from movement of the cloud? It looks as if they were from the large pocket of clouds, which lends some credence to your story.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ThreeDeuce]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen this type of cloud before several times.. Off the west coast of Scotland too... Tiree actually.
Windsurfing trip which turned out poo coz It was too hot and no wind.
The warm water from the gulf stream can generate a lot of humid air at sea level in high temps.

Awesome to see.. It really is like an airship taking off.

Ozweatherman would be your guy here I think.. for a more 'tech' explanation.

www.elanso.com...

I love weather phenom.
Check out pics 10 n 13.

10 is kinda the hot 'land' version.takes more height to form and LOT more heat.

13 is just plain amazing.

EDIT Actually NO.. I suppose the land version would be Scotch mist. very low hanging cloud..the type that gets you wet to your undies whatever you wear.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The other pics were white outs due to me trying to shoot into the sun as it rose up.

Due to our activities on the water (fishing) I only got the camera out after the 'cloud' tipped on its side and rose up from the water. Every one else was burden down with rods thinking 'wow thats a cool cloud'. I would of added any others I got because I know how one pic sucks, and for that all I can say is sorry dude.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Cheers T!

Pyrocumulus Clouds, well strike me down, I never seen a cloud 'do the airship' before, ever.

Now I am more knowledgable than yesterday. Thanks folks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Okay, so you are saying that this could be naturally occuring phenomena?
Are you suggesting that this is normal cloud behavior in Scotland?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

I have never, ever seen it before, but thats not to say its not possible, its just that its tipping and rising against the wind gave us the fright of our lives!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
Are you suggesting that this is normal cloud behavior in Scotland?

I dunno..not being 'normal' myself

I would think,like many weather phenoms,that you need to satisfy a number of conditions.

We don't 'normally' get sunny days in the UK.
It's not 'normally' wind-free.

And where I live there's no warm water.. (North sea.)
Ours comes from the depths of space I think.. with a temperature nearing absolute zero...
At least that's what it feels like when that little wave just hits the bottom of your shorts.

But yeah I would guess that places along the gulf stream near land on a hot dry windless summer day would produce them..
If it was humid all round it would just turn into a sea fog..windy would disperse it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, I guess then this would be a good question for Ozweatherman.

If this occurs naturally, then thats a good explanation.

However, the cloud tilting 45 degrees sounds odd to me, and then lifting up at an angle from the water, I just don't know.

(I'm assuming it lifted at an angle from the picture and the cloud wisps behind it) - Dan, did it go straight up, or angled?

I could understand fog raising at an angle if there was sloped shoreline where there could be thermoclines, but it seems to be pretty flat here. I also have never seen Fog rise from the water and retain its shape.

This will be very interesting if it is just fog!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thats a fairly amazing picture right there.
Pyrocumulus clouds may be seen wherever wildfires occur. They are inevitably more common in highly fire-prone areas such as California, the French Riviera, and southeastern Australia.
However I don't think they are pyrocumulus.
en.wikipedia.org...
There is a long list of could types maybe we can find it.

Possibly is stratocumulus lenticularis or Altocumulus lenticularis

[edit on 23/7/08 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Pyrocumulous would definitely make sense in how clouds could move upwards in the sky. The fires would provide the heat which could propel the cloud upward. Without this, I don't see how a cloud could go from water surface like fog to sky cloud. Especially over the cold water of Scotland.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Oz is on his way in after he's finished playing with his balloons.

Honest..

I don't know if this would be classed as a 'Lenticular cloud' actually.
images.google.co.uk...

I just learned the patterns to look out for on windy fronts/low pressures as opposed to storm fronts.. just so I would know what size rigs to pack..

My weather descriptions are like my French
"Un Bottle le plonk Garkon...silver plate"

It almost gets the message across.

------------------
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Awww No-fair.. You pinched my go while I was u2u'ing Oz..

[edit on 23-7-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

it was sat in the distance on the water, tipped 45' and lifted up from the water at an angle towards the sun. It was rising and heading towards the sun (the sun was at my back for this pic) hence the shadow on the clouds in the very far distance.

The one thing that bothers me is the wind was right to left in the pic, and yet the cloud lifted off against the wind, not travelling with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I just sprayed milk all acorss my lap top in laughter. Mange Tu Rodney, Mange Tu!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ok, my guess is that its altocumulus lenticularis, alos called a lenticular cloud. Its definently not pyrocumulus, the appearance is all wrong and there doesnt appear to be a fire near it.

Here's a link with a wide variety of lenticular clouds, some closely matching the photo

www.australiasevereweather.com...

Its hard for me to say without exactly experiencing the phenomenen, but my guess is that it is due to some sort of orographic or convective lifting. The wispy trails behind the cloud indicate that it was moving into dryer air, so it may not have been lifitng, just reducing in size

So Dan, are there hills in the area? Can you describe the weather conditions for me?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The land around is flat as a pancake. The conditions were good, with a warm sun, some wispy high altitude cloud and as you can see clouds in the far distance which were larger.

a pic showing the cloud layers. Bit big but you need to see how clear the sky was I guess. The winds were about ten knots max out on the sea, and all in all was a beautiful day.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Looks like a cloud to me!

Did you ever happen to run into this guy again?

Just Curious!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That is horribly uncalled for Malevolent... I'm sure personal attacks are against the T&C... regardless if you believe him or not, a man is able to have his own opinions.

I agree that it looks like a cloud, but the clouds proposed movement is what raises questions. There is no reason for a cloud to ascend given the conditions, especially not at an angle AGAINST the wind.

Of course this might be hard to believe, if indeed it is a true experience. But, aren't most encounter stories here on ATS hard to believe by most?

Malevolent, did you get that picture from your last post from your website? I'm assuming so, because it is such an accurate depiction of alien life.........

I don't know Dan, but nothing that he has said, in my opinion, has warranted attack on his credibility.

Are you closed minded enough to believe that the POSSIBILITY of cloud stealth technology does not exist? I have seen much more obscure subjects here on ATS. I don't see you attacking them. So, I then assume this is a personal attack upon Dan and his character, and you have no place for that.....

No wonder some people just post in rats

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Looks like a cloud to me!

Did you ever happen to run into this guy again?

Just Curious!

Oh and we see the funnies crawling ffrom the wood work.

Look, I got the minerals to stay around and face you all, and still post when I have some thing I feel needs a better look at.

Got a problem with it? if so, tough.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That is horribly uncalled for Malevolent...

Relax it was just a little Sarcasm!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join