It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist: Humans Can See Into Future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found a pretty interesting theory regarding deja vu

mb-soft.com...

Its a little long, but seems pretty legit and logical in my opinion. It describes different signal lengths from each eye, and if it is quicker in one eye, it may register as a memory but be recieved by the other eye shortly after (milliseconds) so it will seem like it happened before. It goes more in depth, but you can read on from there

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Its just a prediction that is usually never wrong. Probably because we have experienced it many times before so we know whats gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I also consider this along with brainwashing to be the reason why we think we have "choice" to "choose" something before we do.

For instance: We are only a product of this planet and its society and resources, a mere reaction, which are of course products of other things in themselves. This illusion of choice may come from hardwired and not yet understood until now, visual perceptions and those cognitive receptions, in effect (again, another reaction) causing the habit and obsession of a foresite (choice) that doesn't really truly exist.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
at least now we know that we are capable of seeing into the future.

it's a start.

Soon enough, we'll know more about this as research progresses.
Something in our brain might be able to trigger an enhanced effect similar to this, which causes accurate premonitions.

What were those people saying about the unknown functions of the brain?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chosen

We already do accurate premonitions. It's called science, mathematics, physics and logic.

Anything or anyone else manipulating you into thinking otherwise (street-side psychic) is a liar.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
reply to post by Chosen

We already do accurate premonitions. It's called science, mathematics, physics and logic.

Quite true, but the error is in assuming that the future already exists and that we're merely predicting the inevitable. There's another way of looking at this...

If you think a thought which is logical and makes sense, there's no stopping it from becoming real. It must first be understood though.

Everything that humanity has ever experienced was thought of first. We're never taken completely by surprise (knowledge by association).

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I remember reading, or heaing, someone quote Stephen Hawking once, when he said "time travel isnt possible, and i can prove it. Have you ever met someone from the future"?
If time travel were possible - then that means the future has already happened. If the future is already there, then there is no doubt what so ever, that criminals could find a way to exploit it. They always do
And since we're still here...i find it easy to believe time travel doesnt exist..so..

I believe that people experience what they believe as glimpses into the future. Like when you say "I knew that was going to happen" and you really did think it would......I believe that to be a collection of experiences stored in your brain that revealed the beginning of a pattern that you've seen (consciously or unconsciously) 100 times before.
Almost like...an instinct of sorts.

Its like having a dream that you're someplace else and being awoken suddenly, still confused that you're not where you thought you were. If your brain thinks it's true, then so does the mind

I believe that if one would keep written record of all of these occurance, where one makes predictions that come true v.s. predictions that don't, i think they might find that the "don'ts" far outweigh the "do's"

Though im sure that there are instances that can disprove my theory

Im just speculating

[edit on 4-6-2008 by QBert]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by QBert

wow! Amazing conclusion! I couldnt have said it better myself! It's exactly what I think about it, but said way better than I ever could!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i think it's true actually. not that time travel is possible, but that we do have some (at least minuscule) precognitive ability. i can't count the number of times i've jolted awake an instant or even several seconds before my alarm went off. it happened this morning actually. i was tired as hell because i had to get up earlier than normal for work the first time the alarm went off, it actually woke me up. i hit snooze and dozed back off. after a while i started to wake up on my own. i decided i was ready to get up and the instant i put my hand on the alarm switch it went off again.

same thing happens with timers i set for cooking. i feel like i need to check on my food - almost always within a few seconds of the timer going off.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownfrost

Yes !!! I agree!!! All Hail Qbert..

wait a second

but seriously - nobody else has any thought?
i think its actually a pretty interesting topic.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I believe what you're experiencing though, is what i describe in my post (2 above your own) you learn a pattern on an unconscious level

the notion of precognitive perception is the notion of a "future that already happened"

If one truely can see into the future...that means it's already happened, just on a different plane of existance.
By this notion, i would assert, that your "mind" is the time traveler and travels through a series of moments "in time"
Meaning the molecules that are "your body" are sort of like a flipbook
every page is the same thing, but when put together, create one big illusion of motion that your "mind" plays with. So to travel through time would be the ability to send whatever your "mind" is back to whichever page of history you choose, and then start flipping the book again.

Thats my definition of what "time travel" would have to be. Because if its already happened, then how could it have happened any other way. And if its always happened that way - then i believe my "flip book" theory holds water

I could get into a HUUUUGEEE explanation of how i percieve the possibility that time travel exists

but ultimately i believe it to be a pipe dream. ALso - if you cant tell

i am really bad at describing my thoughts

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Well, as mentioned. Your thoughts and options to "choose" are an illusion of premonition. You're not really choosing anything and you're not really contemplating. Everything is simply broken down into static laws of action and reaction.

Essentially we are "predicting" the inevitable anytime we discover a truly grounded law of the universe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join