It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive oil deposit found in the usa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

massive oil deposit found in the usa

www.nextenergynews.com

Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x - Post Media Reply
America is sitting on top of a super massive 200 billion barrel Oil Field that could potentially make America Energy Independent and until now has largely gone unnoticed. Thanks to new technology the Bakken Formation in North Dakota could boost America’s Oil reserves by an incredible 10 times, giving western economies the trump card against OPEC’s short squeeze on oil supply and making Iranian and Venezuelan threats of disrupted supply irrelevant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
seems too good to be true

www.nextenergynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's my question: if this oil depoit was tapped into, how quick would the we see a drop in gas prices? Would there be any drop?

And why don't we tap into Alaska's supposed oil depoit i keep hearing about?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Depends on whether the eco-nazis can come up with a reason why we can't drill in North Dakota. BTW, I've been there and it should be OK to drill there.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Depends on whether the eco-nazis can come up with a reason why we can't drill in North Dakota. BTW, I've been there and it should be OK to drill there.

You are correct about the eco-nazis.
It should be ok to drill anywhere within the U.S. and it's waters.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be an emergency session of Congress convened to make sure that nobody can drill for this oil.

Sadly, I recently spoke privately with a local congressman who told me unashamedly that the GOAL is to have high gas prices in order to force investment into alternative energy sources. Of course he would never admit this directly in public. Instead, the game plan is to hold hearings an make it look like the oil executives are to blame for the prices.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
But what about the wildlife in North Dakota and the people living there? What about the air and the fifth the oil would bring to the state? What about living green and keeping our beautiful country beautiful? What about that

I say get out the drills and start the motors and get ready! tooo RUMBLE!

But what about?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just for clarification, this oilfield was discovered back in 1951. It's only been "rediscovered' by the media since the booming oil prices have made it economically attractive to drill there. On the downside, pipelines and refineries need to be built before this area can be fully utilized. Something that will take time and plenty of money.

This resource will be a great boon to the US but you need to understand that it will be years before the bakken field can even put a dent in our oil imports.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
But what about the wildlife in North Dakota and the people living there? What about the air and the fifth the oil would bring to the state? What about living green and keeping our beautiful country beautiful? What about that

I say get out the drills and start the motors and get ready! tooo RUMBLE!

But what about?

It didn't take long ...

But what about the human beings that can't grow their own food because they live in cities? They could starve if the price of transporting their food gets too high and forces the food prices too high, as well? Or don't the eco-nazis care about people? Hint: we actually know the answer to that - they don't care about people's welfare.

I'm quite sure that if you took a poll, the few people living there would vote almost unanimously for the investment and prosperity it would bring to their state while also helping the rest of the country.

North Dakota Newspaper Article

Dorgan said the study could have major implications for future oil development in the state.

“If some of the estimates about the Bakken Shale are anywhere near accurate, there may be substantial new oil production in North Dakota’s future,” Dorgan said. “This could create a new, long-term boost to North Dakota’s economy and help move our country toward energy independence. I think USGS has an obligation to put the completion of this study on the fast track.”

[edit on 5/28/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
havent found this anywhere else, any other sources? no one liners.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by tylerc25211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
havent found this anywhere else, any other sources? no one liners.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by tylerc25211]

Try a Google search on: bakken oil north dakota. I got 70,500 hits on that query.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It won't happen. American leadership and OPEC are great friends.

Do you really think the Saudis would allow a US President to make the United States energy independent?

Even better, do you think American leadership gives a damn about being energy independent? What gas do they pay for, exactly? Why the hell do they care?

Don't get your hopes up.

[edit on 5/28/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
This resource will be a great boon to the US but you need to understand that it will be years before the bakken field can even put a dent in our oil imports.

So what? Of course it will take 3-5 years to start seeing the benefits. Better to start now before gas prices reach $12 a gallon in 5 years.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Do you really think the Saudis would allow a US President to make the United States energy independent?

I don't think the Saudis have a say in it. Once Saudi realizes the U.S. is serious and starts drilling for it's own oil, the Saudi will immediately reduce oil prices or increase production which will of course drive down gas prices. Just another benefit to start drilling here in the U.S. immediately.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

The eco-weenies always complain about accidents and spills when it comes to drilling, etc.

The problem is that they are basing it all on older refineries, etc from the past. Nowadays, they would have better equipment that would do a cleaner job.

Too bad that they still would worry abou the three toed newt or something. I love how something like that takes priority over everyone else in the US.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
And you all think the oil companies are going to come riding to our rescue and drill this oil out of the goodness of their hearts?

Oil is worth $135 a barrel nowdays, give the oil companies rights to drill this field and that's exactly what they'd charge you for a barrel. If it's selling for more when that happens, you'll be paying more. Capitalism at work..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Try a Google search on: bakken oil north dakota. I got 70,500 hits on that query.

good idea found this:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
So what?

So what? At the present rate of increasing oil prices and the current state of our declining dollar value it's questionable whether our economy will even survive the next three years. So what

My point is that so many people see an article like this and mistakenly assume that this will solve our oil problems but we are at critical mass and it may well be that our economy suffers a complete meltdown before we can stop the bleeding.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I don't think the Saudis have a say in it.

Are you sure about that?

15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis.

Osama Bin Laden is a Saudi.

The Bin Laden Family is a wealthy Saudi family.

On 9/11, George H. W. Bush was meeting with a relative of Osama Bin Laden.

After 9/11, Bin Laden relatives were sent out of the country, no questions asked.

45% of all foreign militants targeting US Troops and Iraqi Civilians in Iraq are Saudis.

And what did our leadership do about it? Nothing.

What has Saudi Arabia done about it? Nothing.

What has our response to Saudi Arabia been?

"OH PLEASE SAUDI ARABIA, PUMP MORE OIL! PLEEEAASSSEEE!!!1"

The Saudis have major influence in this country. Our leaders have stolen and sold this country to foreign investors. The policy making isn't for the people of this country, its for those investors; its for their power gains and bank accounts.

OPEC, namely Saudi Arabia, will not allow the biggest consumer of oil, on the planet, become energy independent. It won't happen.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah it is kind of pathetic the leader of the most power country has to go beg like a little girl to the Saudi Prince for oil but yet we wont talk to Iran to prevent some world war. Doesnt make much sense to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join