It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Israel A 'Stinking Corpse'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I don't believe it is my job to prove anything to you. If you believe the translation is incorrect then you prove it. I'm not jumping through hoops for your amusement or because you refuse to accept the truth.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Isreali Pres comments on growing threat from Iran. He directly references the Wipe off the map comment and says that Iran will be the worlds problem to deal with not just Isreals.

link.brightcove.com...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yawn more propaganda bull**** It's funny how if you check out Iranian media sources there appears to be no mention of Israel in his speech, only Zionist, which western media sources have deliberately changed to Israel, simply to insight more hatred and ignorance towards Iran.

Iranian source - www2.irna.ir...

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad here on Thursday labeled the Zionist regime as a "stinking corpse" and said those who think they can revive the corpse of this fabricated and usurper regime are in mistaken.

Lambasting the 60th anniversary of establishment of the Zionist regime, he said those who attend such a shameful ceremony should bear in their mind that their names will be listed as Zionist criminals.

Addressing Majlis representatives, he said the philosophy of existence of the Zionist regime is now under question and the usurper and fabricated regime is moving towards annihilation.

The Zionist regime is a puppet for bullying powers, he said adding that the global arrogance established the Zionist regime 60 years ago in Palestine to continue its historical straggles with the Muslim world but after the Lebanese nation slapped it in the face, they are like dead rats.

"If any regional countries assist the Zionist regime, they will burn in fire arising from nations' hatred," said the president.

"If some think that they can make any change in the global calculations, they are in mistaken because nations around the world will bury them ," concluded President Ahmadinejad.

Western media source - news.yahoo.com...

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday called Israel a "stinking corpse" which is doomed to disappear as the Jewish state celebrated its 60th anniversary.

"Those who think they can revive the stinking corpse of the usurping and fake Israeli regime by throwing a birthday party are seriously mistaken," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by the official IRNA news agency.

"Today the reason for the Zionist regime's existence is questioned, and this regime is on its way to annihilation," he said.

Ahmadinejad added that Israel "has reached the end like a dead rat after being slapped by the Lebanese" -- a reference to the July-August 2006 war between Israel and the Shiite Hezbollah militia.

Just goes to show that simply by changing one word, his entire speech can be taken out of context.
He's obviously talking about the Israeli government, not Israel as a country.

If Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the British government a stinking corpse, he'd be right, they are and so are the Bush administration.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by kindred]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There is no way Ahamdinejad would say Israel a stinking corpse as above poster copied Iranian sources he said ' Zionist regime instead '

Israel is the name of Prophet Jacob very much respected by Muslim and on the top of that Israel is the 2nd Holiest Land for Muslim after Mecca...

there is no way he can would say wipe out israel off the map rather he mean the regime .....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Did you even bother to read the link you provided? If you did, you would have found that the evidence points to extremely strong evidence that Ahmadinejad was in fact one of the hostage takers.

From the article.

"After Ahmadinejad appeared on television and in newspapers celebrating his victory in last month's election, several former hostages held at the U.S. Embassy between 1979 and 1981 said he was one of their captors."

Of course Ahmadinejad and his people claim different, but why should anyone believe him, especially with the crazy things he has been saying lately.

In Addition, the article states:

"Ahmadinejad's official biography says that as a student, he was a member of the Office for Strengthening Unity, the student organization that planned the embassy takeover."

Pretty hard evidence.

Then there are the other links you provided. Here is a quote from the first one I opened.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"In addition to the report's focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Amnesty criticises a number of regimes in neighbouring Arab countries. Egypt and Syria are blamed for systematic torture and ill-treatment of political prisoners. In Saudi Arabia, Amnesty highlights killings by security forces and armed groups, exacerbating the "already dire human rights situation in the country"."

Your other two links are contestable opinion pieces. As I have consistently observed, claims of debunked evidence are usually easily proven to be false.

You state;

"The Israelis like to consider themselves more "civilized" but in reality they have lowered themselves to the level of the Islamic Fundamentalists;..."

What you fail to recognize, or at least to admit, is that you must fight fire with fire. The Israelis are doing what they have to do to defend themselves.

From what I see, Muslim radicals hate everyone, not just Israel or the U.S., but everyone. Muslims demonstrate their contempt for the rest of the world by spreading violence where ever they go. Being that the Muslims are currently creating trouble in Europe where they have been given sanctuary, it is impossible to buy the propaganda that the Israelis are the bad guys and the Muslims are the good guys when Muslims are always busy creating trouble where ever they go.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Did you even bother to read the link you provided? If you did, you would have found that the evidence points to extremely strong evidence that Ahmadinejad was in fact one of the hostage takers.

So lines like this suggest he was a hostage taker do they:

"Two weeks ago, a CIA analysis of a photograph of one of the hostage-takers determined that the man was not Ahmadinejad."

"Most of the former hostages have said Ahmadinejad was not present during the hostage-taking, two U.S. government officials said."

CNN

Not exactly my idea of "strong evidence".

This is not Iranian run media outlets claiming different, there are plenty Western outlets who are also dissenting against popular war-time sentiments from Bush & Co:

www.msnbc.msn.com... This one provides a good photo analysis.
www.danielpipes.org...

The CIA itself is admitting there is little evidence apart from a few dubious photographs floating around.
I'll choose your testimony over the CIA's judgment when pigs fly, hows that sound?
Just like how all the other Western/Zionist-propagated crap circulated around saying Ahmadinejad said he wants "Israel wiped off the map", the Holocaust was a myth, etc... have been debunked and disseminated, so has this.

See it for what it is, war-time propaganda trying to paint Mahmoud as some kind of bogeyman to the American populace, the same way Saddam was supposed to have fed people into "Shredding Machines". That piece of garbage has yet to proven true as well: www.guardian.co.uk...
www.spectator.co.uk...

Your other two links are contestable opinion pieces. As I have consistently observed, claims of debunked evidence are usually easily proven to be false.

Haha contestable opinion pieces?
What the Canadian Broadcasting Service and Yahoo News?

Well I'd rather base my opinions on those two publications rather than from the biased, state-run propaganda services of Hareetz and JP.
Like it's really above the Israeli media to try smear dirt on Iran and Ahmadinejad?
Get a grip.. notice how it's always the Western and Israeli media claiming Ahmadinejad made another controversial quote; nobody else can seem to verify this claim apart from them...
Funny that.

And since when has the all the debunked allegations against Ahmadinejad that I posted before been proven false? Show me some sources who still actually believes Ahmadinejad said he wants to "wipe Israel off the map".

The Israelis are doing what they have to do to defend themselves.

From what I see, Muslim radicals hate everyone, not just Israel or the U.S., but everyone. Muslims demonstrate their contempt for the rest of the world by spreading violence where ever they go.

So Israel NEEDS to kill innocent civilians to help defend itself is that what your seriously trying to tell me?

Stop biting off more propaganda than you can chew.
Nobody needs to kill civilians, you'd be hard pressed to find me a professional army in the world who would ever admit they need to kill civilians as part of operating policy in order to defend themselves.

Do also agree with Hitler's assertion that the Jews needed to be killed in order for Germany to prosper?
Wake and smell the sh*t your shoveling.

Israel kills civilians because of sheer carelessness and recklessness and disregard for international regulations and conventions. Look at my post again. I don't see how it's possible to "accidentally" bulldoze Palestinian homes, or "accidentally" target an Ambulance full of aid workers with giant Crosses all over it.

Israel has been committing war crimes since the 1990's.
They have a clear policy of ignoring the rules of war and basic provisions for civilians in combat in the face of conflict.

They believe because America is staunchly supporting them, few will dare to challenge their assertions and operations, and so far it's proven true sadly due American pressure and influence in the region.

Israel is akin to the pathetic friend everyone knew growing up who would constantly beg for help from somebody bigger and stronger.
That's what Israel is: a government funded and supported, pathetic friend of the United States. Who without US "aid" would be struggling to get up off it's feet.
Except they no longer beg, they leech from the United States.

If all Muslims are violent, wicked radicals why are there no Islamic insurgents in Tunisia, Bosnia, Morocco, Yemen, Oman, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Thailand, Mauritania, Kazahkstan, Tajikistan, Eritrea or Chad?
It's clear your extremely prejudiced against Muslims. Why even hide it?
Every measly rant you contribute to every thread always has a hint of racism to it.

Muslims like virtually any other people or religious group on the planet, defend themselves when attacked or provoked. That's not Islam speaking, it's human nature.
It's only natural there are Muslim insurgents in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan because they are currently under constant threat of attack and their land has been occupied.
Of course there are going to be armed resistance movements in these territories you idiot.

When the British declared war on the American colonies, how many civil resistance movements formed? How many people took up arms against the foreign oppressors?
But no you wouldn't consider your forefathers and Patriots as "insurgents" or "sectarian militias" would you?
Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder.
What America and the Western World sees as terrorism, they see as armed resistance against a foreign occupier. And they have every right to continue to resist. Just as the American colonists did hundred's of years ago.

What you prefer the Muslims did? Sat still and let Israeli mortar shells and planes bomb their homes and families into dust? Yeah real likely.
They fight back the only way they can. It's primitive, it may be unethical, but it's all they have.
Their hatred for America is understandable, you guys are constantly watching over Israel's shoulder and arming them to enable them to continue oppressing millions of Palestinians under their control.
Without American intervention they wouldn't be suffering in such deplorable conditions for god's sake.

Go learn something

[edit on 11/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I will go over this one more time.

"Ahmadinejad's official biography says that as a student, he was a member of the Office for Strengthening Unity, the student organization that planned the embassy takeover."

"After Ahmadinejad appeared on television and in newspapers celebrating his victory in last month's election, several former hostages held at the U.S. Embassy between 1979 and 1981 said he was one of their captors."

And what is your proof that Ahmadinejad was not one of the hostage takers, statements from the CIA and two government officials, all of which work for the GW admin., which in case you haven't been paying attention, isn't exactly a paragon of truth and honesty. I'll take the word of the former hostages over that of the GW admin any day, especially since Ahmadinejad's own biography states that he was a member of the group that took the embassy hostage in the first place. What part of this don't you get?

How coincidental is it that the guy who put GW's daddy in power almost thirty years ago is now doing some well timed saber rattling during another U.S. election at a time that very conveniently helps out GW in his call for more war.

Guess what, the Canadian Broadcasting Service and Yahoo do put out opinion pieces. Do you really think anyone is buying your line of BS?

If the Palestinians, and Muslims in general, didn't hide behind innocents while committing their crimes against humanity, Israeli's wouldn't be put into the position of having to fire on unarmed citizens. Everyone has been on to this game for quite some time now. It only makes the Muslims who do this look bad.

There are a great many Muslim terrorist in Africa, Somalia comes instantly to mind. At the same time Muslims are bringing violence to Europe, India, Indonesia, the Phillipines, all unprovoked. Your cloak of victimhood doesn't fit.

Let me get this straight, to you it is wrong for the U.S. to help Israel when several Muslim nations are attacking Israel at once. Not where I come from.

There is no reason and no excuse for Ahmadinejad to be making the statements he has been making to stir up war. What is he going to do if his new Russian made weapons don't work as well as advertised? By that time, he will have succeeded in getting the U.S. public behind the idea of a large, full scale war. It seems to me that the Muslim radicals think they can keep counting on the west to keep giving them slack and not committing themselves to a WW II type of effort. I think the Muslim world would be much better off trying to make peace with the world and join the 21st century, rather than trying to force the world to convert to Islam. We broke free of Catholicism half a millennium ago, and we are not about to allow Islam to repeat the assault with claims of victimhood.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I commend Ahmadinejad for being truthful. What's wrong with calling the Israeli government a stinking rotten corpse. It's the truth and so is the British, American and Iranian governments. Come to think of it, just about every government on Earth is a stinking rotten corpse.
The only governments I respect are some of the Scandinavian countries. The rest can rot in their own lies, greed and corruption.
Bring on a planetary revolution.......

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Pray tell, what does he mean by Zionist Regime? That's not the democratically elected govt. of Israel?

Will he allow a Jewish Israel to be in the Middle East?

I think as you try to split hairs over his words you are missing their overall meaning. People have thought the same of other world leaders in the past, go research it.

Again I ask, do you think the President of Iran would support the right of a Jewish Israel to exist in the Middle East? He was bascially asked that numerous times when he came to America, he declined to answer.

I wonder why..........?

[edit on 11-5-2008 by pavil]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Fine be blissfully ignorant, just don't say people didn't warn you when Iran turns out to be a paper tiger as well...

[edit on 10/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

Well said. Unfortunately people love to hate and right here and now they love to hate Ahmadinejad. It is no use reminding people of the truth and debunked falsifications for one simple reason : They don't want the truth they want to hate to hate you have to believe in lies.

Bush needs the very attitudes expressed here in order to have enough home support be able to bomb the crap out of Iran and take over their oil.

Some folks here are in deperate need of a Valium or a doctor before they have a stroke!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
By hook or by crook Israel will get its war with Iran . Years back I had a conversation with a Muslim gentleman , according to him Iran has a very large population who are in the demographic age groups of 20's to 30s. This generation has a very different out look then the prev generations . Many are eager to remove the Mullahs from power and move the country forward in the direction of its counterpart Jordan. Iran has internet too BTW. However these people are very very nationalistic like all Iranians . If they feel Israel and the west are trying to bully or threaten them, you can guess how they will react.

By the way there are Jews living in Iran who as far as I understand they live in a peaceful co-existence with the Muslim population. Also in the Iranian parliament there is a Jewish MP or two.

I'm no fan of the Iranian government nor I am a fan of Israel's.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by OpusMarkII]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

I would respectfully ask that you research Iran's treatment of minority religions. Are they allowed to set up places of worship wherever they want? Can they preach in public? Can they publish their own religious documents? Do those minority religions have the same rights and protections as a Muslim? Research the Baha'i Faith and see how tolerant Iran is.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Alhaa peanut butter sandwiches
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

its not perfect obviously, but perhaps before every one starts drooling for war given time things will improve, change doesn't happen over night . I don't live there so I don't know for sure, and neither do you. I'm sure we could play link tag back an forth in a useless stalemate proving nothing .
If it is the case there are little freedoms for the religious minorities I guess we should just lay waste to the country and fallow Mackanes song and Bomb Bomb Iran . Killing 10s of thousands .

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Do we really need a new thread every time Ahmadinejad mentions Israel?

The man is a demagogue and a loudmouth, this we already know.

The Iranian military is still in no position to threaten seriously threaten Israel, and everyone already knows this too.

If Israel is so paranoid that he's a threat to them, it's up to Israel to do something about it.
We shouldn't be fighting their foolish wars for them.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

en.wikipedia.org...
Here's another one for ya ,

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Do we really need a new thread every time Ahmadinejad mentions Israel?

The man is a demagogue and a loudmouth, this we already know.

The Iranian military is still in no position to threaten seriously threaten Israel, and everyone already knows this too.

If Israel is so paranoid that he's a threat to them, it's up to Israel to do something about it.
We shouldn't be fighting their foolish wars for them.

No more than Clinton, Bush, Sharon - probably a moderat compared to these freaks.

No Matter - Until we have a link to the original source this entire thread is garbage.

Jerusalem Post sprouting more propaganda, claiming it is from AP - but - hang on - WOOOOPS - no such article or comments exist outside the JP article - surprise , surprise considering this is one of the most extreme right wing propaganda mouth pieces of the Israel Lobby.

AIPAC doing their dirty work again on ABOVETOPSECRET.COM - its not just the integrity of Israel which is diminished, but so too is this web site and of course by default Jewish people.

Is there no shame in this K Street Lobby Group ? Is there no level they will not stoop ? Israel and Jewish people need to stand up to this type of demeaning propaganda -

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You would think after realizing all these allegations surrounding Ahmadinejad have been debunked or proven to be complete fabrications, people would realize the only ones making all these claims about controversial statements are the Western-backed propaganda outlets like JP and Hareetz.
Sheesh, some people don't learn do they?

He's even commented on all these allegations himself:

"Some people think if they accuse me of being anti-Jew they can solve the problem.
"No, I am not anti-Jew," he said. "I respect them very much."
"Let us remember that there in Palestine there are Muslims, Christians and Jews who live together," he said.

More here

I mean if this guy is such a rabid anti-Semite why did he meet with the Jewish Rabbis of Iran's large Jewish minority to express his gratitude?

The "Wiped off the map" speech has been widely reported to be a mistranslation, after George Bush and every Zionist and his mother used it to try and discredit Mahmoud:
www.mohammadmossadegh.com...
www.juancole.com...

The CIA admits with "relative certainty" he was NOT a hostage in the 1979 US Embassy crisis in Tehran:
www.cnn.com...

I mean how hard is it to grasp people?
Bush & Co. are going through the same smear campaign they did with Iraq, and in doing so played the American people like a flute by claiming things like Saddam fed people into "Shredding Machines", which surprise-surprise, have NOT been found: www.spectator.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

It's nothing new actually. Go back to 1991. George Bush Snr. pulled the same stunt with the first Gulf War. Remember the famous story of Nurse Nayirah?
Some random Kuwaiti girl who claimed Iraqi soldiers were taking newborn babies out of incubators and letting them die on the floor.
And Congress actually bought this lemon and used it as justification for an invasion.
Of course "Nurse Nayirah"'s story was utter bullsh*t.
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Like father like son.

Give Iran a break. They have done little to justify such widely-circulating speculation and suspicion all fueled by the same people who said Saddam had WMD's.
Wakey-wakey time people. Bush is crying wolf yet again and you are falling for it.

[edit on 13/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Exactly. Well put. He's a loud-mouth, but he certainly isn't an anti-semite. It's all too easy for people who don't like someone who criticises Israel to brand them an anti-semite. It's a very lazy argument, yet it still happens, mainly because people leap all over it, regardless of whether that person actually is anti-semitic, or just upset with what's happening in Israel and Palestine.

Wanting the Israeli government wiped off the map (or pages of history, as in his original quote) is not an idea only for Muslims. There are plenty of Jewish folks who don't like the current regime, either. You don't hear them being called anti-semites, though.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
AIPAC and the Israel Lobby have some of the most insidious media monitoring and manipulation activities of any K-STREET GANG. It is vitally important that we keep abreast of their activities on this site - no less than we would any other official government psyops.

Israel, and a huge proportion of its Jewish population are exceedingly disappointed with the efforts of the Lobby and the diaspora. There are many efforts to overcome this exceptionally negative influence and obtain peace in Israel / Palestine - something which The Lobby is steadfastly against.

There is a profound difference between Israel, Zionism, and the Israel Lobby (AIPAC) and people need to be well aware of these subtle differences.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

That's a start, Now why don't you do some more research into the actual questions I raised. I find it is much more useful for a person to uncover facts for themselves than for me to feed them to you. Yes there are Jews in Iran, much less than there used to be. You can look that up too. All non Islamic religions have many hardships and regulations placed on them by the Mullahs in Iran. They are not "free" to practice their religions wherever and however they wish, as the second video of your's shows. An unmarked, non descreipt building is their place of worship. Thanks for partially proving my point for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join