It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Tampa Florida 1/20/08 - Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
It's probably from the Gasparilla Pirate Festival, which includes various air stunts during the day.

It was supposed to happen on Jan 19, 2008, but it was postponed to Jan 20 due to rain.

picture source: snap.tbo.com...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by daniel_g]

come on....denying ignorance here is really starting to get out of hand here. Planes dont do that...however, falling satellites do

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fastwalker23

btw, I corrected my post, it was the children's parade, not the pirate's festival. Or maybe the children's parade is part of the pirate festival?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
reply to post by fastwalker23

btw, I corrected my post, it was the children's parade, not the pirate's festival.

oh lord

Ill agree with you to bring closure

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I would have to agree with MajCom, I thought it may have been an RC unit with fireworks at first, but where did they get a firework that lasts that long? And splits into pieces and follows the same path?
Definitely, not an ordinary UFO vid, but a great post indeed.

(not to keep up the topic or anything)

[edit on 16-2-2008 by StoneGarden]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

Yep, the Kid's Parade had the Gasparilla Air Invasion, part II : NIGHT FLIGHT scheduled for 6:15 that day.

The sky's appearance seems consistent with that time frame. Given Black Sheep"s pyrotechnic aerobatic vids, I would identify this as the air show.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is just wonderful!! Let's just lick our candy canes and sing kum-by- yaaaaa.(not sure I spelled that correctly but what the frig) We screw John lear and associates and add stuff like this!! I have no animosity about the guys posting on this thread but give me a break!! I'm sure Springer will soon remove this post as his integrity is obviously questionable but is this what ATS is supposed to be about!! Give me a break. I will hopefully be able to peruse the ATS boards after this post because I know there are a lot of QUality people posting incredible things on ATS but the integrity issue has me thinking that ATS/Springer are all about I instead of the thought of We!!
Tim Swisher- defending those that are gone but not forgotten!!
And let me say I hope that everyone has a great day and peace and health to everyone that may see this post!!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

Black Sheep, you totally solved this one. I watched that video you posted a link of at YouTube of the RC plane with sparklers on the wing tips and that looks EXACTLY like the video of the UFO over Florida, minus the onboard lights.

Cool vids by he way!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok - so the Parade/Pyrotechnics is very convincing - but no one has confirmed this with either MacDill or the airport - they would both have to have a record of this no? And what about the quote: "Nothing on our radar" from Macdill?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok - so the Parade/Pyrotechnics is very convincing - but no one has confirmed this with either MacDill or the airport - they would both have to have a record of this no?

And what about the quote: "Nothing on our radar" from Macdill?

The parade lists the "air invasion" featuring aerobatics from various aircraft including military craft with a "pyrotechnic show flashing from a north american T-6 aircraft..." ( ae.tbo.com... )

This should be easily confirmed that the parade
1) actually took place (there is some question as to schedule date/cancellation and re-scheduling on various articles) and
2) the airport and Macdill have to know about it and should be able to easily confirm the event.

Interesting from Grey Basket's research the mapped parade route looks to be in exactly the same location as the reported video.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VoirNoir

When the Air Force says "nothing", they mean "nothing unidentified".
An aerobatics flight would be planned and accounted for by them.

Not to mention that a small plane would most likely fly under their radar coverage. Six years ago a Cessna overflew Macdill and they didn't even know about it!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thank you for finally clarifying that for me Eaglewingz - it just seemed funny to me that the quote was used in the news article seemingly to demonstrate that nothing was in the air according to the military. The news station should feel a bit sheepish about now - how do you miss an event like a pyrotechnic airshow on the night of a reported UFO?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Tampa "UFO" looks to me to be a meteor - it does not turn and appears to be breaking up as it comes in. A lot of these objects pass through the atmosphere and never hit the earth.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey I was going to chime in here and let you guys know I used to live and work in that area about two and a half years ago and there is a small field right by or across from the St. Pete airport that guys use to fly RC planes. You can see it from the road and they even had a wooden tower thing they would stand on to control the planes. I saw the video and don't know what that was but just thought the info might help.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
look how long the sparks last in the air compared to what normal fireworks do, it leaves a long flaming trail that has a low degree of dissipation,

compare it to the pyrotechnics in this,
www.youtube.com...

im not fire works expert but its got some funky fireworks going on.

secondly its not gonna be a conventional full sized craft due to the extremely low altitude dive it does at 1.33,so it can only be a remotly contolled plane if its a terrestrial craft.

my guess is its the some macdonald dougles guys having a laugh or ET's having a laugh.!

[edit on 16-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Nope, that video you linked is the same guy doing the show filmed in Tampa. He flies a full-sized T-6 "Texan" trainer.

Bill Leff Airshows

Gasparilla Extravaganza schedule of events

6:15 p.m. – 6:50 p.m. Gasparilla Air Invasion, NIGHT FLIGHT
Part Two: An encore performance by Bill Leff’s Starfire Night Skyshow

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't even know this thread was going...

Now, I'm not saying this proves anything one way or the other, but here's a video of the actual plane flying at the 2008 Gasparilla thing on the night of the event:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, that sucks! Looks like Daniel_g debunked this in short order, and I was just becomming a new believer.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
UPDATE

Suspected UFO Identified As Part Of Pyrotechnic Air Show

POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 18, 2008
UPDATED: 11:21 am EST February 18, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A video showing a purported UFO over Tampa Bay on January 20, 2008 has been indentified. The unusual, dueling fireballs rocketing and curling through the air that early evening were part of an air show during Tampa's annual Gasparilla Pirate Festival.
WFTV.com confirmed Monday, while the video shows some strange fire in the sky over Tampa Bay, the flying object was actually a T-6 plane used in the Bill Leff Starfire Night Skyshow, which was one of the performances at the Gasparilla Pirate Festival. The Skyshow uses an AT-6 "Texan" aircraft with pyrotechnics on each wing and roman candles that can be launched during the approximately 14-minute choreographed performance.

Bill Leff confirmed to WFTV.com that he began flying the evening of January 20 between 6:00pm and 6:30pm and that it is not unusual to have UFO reports connected with his performances. Leff told WFTV.com of a previous incident in downtown Chicago that had 911 calls pouring in.

More infos & source:
www.wftv.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yay, internos!

Have another star!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

You beat me to it.

How much you wanna bet this still won't be enough proof for some of the ignorants?

"Anyone else want some?"

[edit on 18-2-2008 by Grey Basket]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join