It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Tampa Florida 1/20/08 - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The video recorded shows an orange glow in the sky over Hillsborough County. At times, the streaking orange glow appears to be two separate 'fire balls.' The video was recorded on a mini-DV tape using a handheld Sony HD camera.

"I wish I could explain what it was that I saw, but I can't, because of all the different things it did,"

-SNIP-

"the fireballs made a maneuver that seemingly defied the laws of physics. They both executed a 120 to 140 degree turn towards the earth and seemed to spiral around each other in an arc before they were no longer in our view"

-SNIP-

"Not on our radar at all," Lt. Rebecca Heyse, Public Affairs Officer for Macdill Airforce Base

www.wftv.com...

Their website has the video also, but with cRap/pron music included and a long trailer before it starts: movementtelevision.blip.tv...

It's hard to tell because of the shaking going on there, but that thing appears to be going up and down in the video. But at the beginning, it did nearly a perfect U-turn!

I would assume due to the flaming contrails and how close it is to MacDill AFB that it is terrestrial, but wow!

Here's the crappy part; it was recorded on an HD camera and the entire video recorded contains 3 minutes and 28 seconds worth of footage, but "Movement Television" has only released around one minute. The rest of the footage is being withheld as they make a documentary that will premiere the full video, expected to be released in Summer 2008. That's not helpful!

They also said that they have been contacted by media companies interested in obtaining the video, but no deals have been made yet.

It was taken off of highway 275 which is the main artery connecting Tampa to St. Petersburg (both big cities), so it gets a good amount of traffic. Also the object appears to be right over the city of Tampa, again, there has to be tons of witnesses to this thing!

Any experts here have any ideas what that thing is?

Also, is this the same object videoed Jan 7th: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look how close they are on Google Maps

UPDATE: I believe that the news article has the information wrong when they say the driver was Going south and looking West. I believe he was going North and looking East. Look at the video on their website at 1:35 in you will see 3 landmarks A) the first lone Palm Tree, B) a white water tower, and C) a tall building. The witness also said he was headed towards Tampa, not away from it (even though Orlando is East it is on I4). So here is what I believe are the 3 points on the map: Google Map Points.

UPDATE 2: I talked to "Rebel Black", he confirmed he was headed North and looking East at the object. He wants some "UFO Experts" to come check out the full video.

MacDill AFB happens to be in that direction, as does Downtown Tampa.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Whatever it was, it had to have landed somewhere! If its not a ufo, perhaps an RC plane with some fireworks attached? Who knows....good post.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by MajCom]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Could this be the same object: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Amazing!!!

There is no way this can be dismissed as a meteor or satellite re-entry.

The non-ballistic movement makes it a true UFO...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

He got you by 23 minutes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do agree on posting in the UFO forums as oppossed to breaking news so I gave you a star for good measure!

Becker

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

1) I have the right info and am researching it
2) It was posted in the wrong place
3) I live where this happened

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Right in my neck of the woods. Not only is MacDill right there, but so it the Tampa International Airport (it's just over the 275 bridge, Howard Franklin), from St. Petersburg. I'd recommend checking the NUFORC, MUFON, sites, etc. to see if any reports..., though I did the next day, and didn't see anything.

It actually was a brief local news story, so I got to see the snippet, but no telling what it was....

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
in the thread in alternative news someone suggested it is a remotly contolled helicopter dragging fire works...well...

...the rate at which the object accelerated at 1.33 is not possible with a remotly controlled helicopter.neither is it possible with a remotly controlled plane as they do not use jet engines that allow such acceleration.

notice at 1.44 and after how the object is pretty much stationary after that great amount of acceleration,do know of any RC craft that can pull that off??!.

edit.or even any conventional craft!?

[edit on 15-2-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I posted an update there, I believe the object was East of 275 bridge, right over downtown Tampa. There would have to be tons of witnesses.

Is there any way to estimate the size of it from the video?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen an unmarked, black helicopter in the skies of Tampa... Heck, I even saw one land at the St. Pete/Clearwater Coast Guard base. All it had was a Homeland Security logo on the door, no tail numbers, no body numbers, nothin'...

Unless a vehicle from another planet is the ONLY explanation...it's probably the last conclusion to draw, especially so near to two different military bases, and 3 airports, as well as a major US city.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This recalls me the ufo sighting in Piracicaba

Read more here

But the manoeuvres of the one of Tampa looks to be more elaborate.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I just talked to "Rebel Black" on the phone, he said he was cool with me going to Orlando to check out the whole thing.

He also verified that he got lost and missed Tampa and made it to St. Pete, turned around and was headed back North when he saw it.

The best part is he said there was a lot more to this whole thing, that it was chasing them at the beginning, and was multiple colors before changing to the small video he showed.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I fly a lot of RC planes and if I was trying to debunk this one, I would say it's an RC Plane with some fire works. Plus I think UFO's move a lot faster and I did not see it make sudden change in directions.

The flight path of this looked like an RC Plane to me.

Sorry, I am not buying this one at the moment.

I can see this turn directions as opposed to UFO's changing directions in a split second. This did not hover either or stay in one place.

Sorry, I have a hard time believing this one at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Another local here.
The possible confusion may stem from the orientation of I-275 in that area. Once you get to downtown Tampa on 275 south, you are then heading west untill arriving in St. Pete, at which point you are again heading south.
I know a little about R/C planes and the more expensive ($3-4,000) types do have actual miniature jet engines. Real jets, not ducted fans, and are incredibly fast.
I don't believe that a person with that kind of capital out-lay would attach incendiaries to their A/C for a hoax.IMHO
Also looked to me like whatever it was performed a roll.
Not being sure of direction of travel, the event may have occurred over Tampa Stadium (RayJay) or over the area of the Home shopping Network. That would be St. Pete/Clearwater airport, where, by the way as I recall has an airframe-powerplant school on the property.
My conclusion;
A: E.T. getting Bucs souveneirs
B: E.T. looking for a bargain, or
C: E.T. needed some tech helpJK
Great find, I'll keep looking up!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket

it was recorded on an HD camera and the entire video recorded contains 3 minutes and 28 seconds worth of footage, but "Movement Television" has only released around one minute. The rest of the footage is being withheld as they make a documentary that will premiere the full video, expected to be released in Summer 2008. That's not helpful!

No it's not. Bit perfect dupe of the source file with a md5 checksum released as a torrent is what is needed. Release it free for non-commercial use while retaining the right to license it to the media. Holding it back and trying to milk it would be a good way to make sure it gets tossed into the gray basket and ignored.

Releasing the source and allowing independent examination would be a good way to build credibility and hype for a documentary where they tell their story. Releasing the source and watching for media outlets that violate their copyright terms would be a good way to get some easy cash.

That's how I'd handle it anyways.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is not an rc plane or a rocket or anything like that. Look at the following videos. This is a night time aerobatrics demo or practice.

YouTube Video

and this one

YouTube Video

I hope this helps clear things up. I saw this demonstration in SE FL. Also note the wing tip mounted pyro. That is why it seems that the object splits (the plane is rolling or banking). Also the menuever at the start has a name. Maybe a pilot on the site can help me out with the name.

This is a single plane practicing over the water and a nature preserve for safety.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

He wants some "UFO Experts" to come check out the full video.

Who, MTV?

No doubt wants some exposure on the evidence. Why the lead-in video? Cashing in on the evidence? You make it cheap like a $20 whore.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

I'd have to concede, that looks like it to me. There is a small airport exactly East where it landed.

Debunked.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The pentagon is so cute when they say they are going to shoot down a mil satellite and announce it several weeks later.

You realize some of folks out here require no technology or inside help to follow your every move dont ya?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's probably from the Gasparilla children's parade, which included various air stunts.

It was supposed to happen on Jan 19, 2008, but it was postponed to Jan 20 due to rain.

image source: snap.tbo.com...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by daniel_g]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join