It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
here is another up to date report on the story..

Sky News

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Only someone with only two functioning brain cells would buy this incident as stated on the surface.

There's way more going on here than meets the eye, and is "reported" by the corporate controlled MSM.

How do we even know these were actually vessels of the Republican Guard?

Oh yeah, the corporate controlled MSM told us so...

Lets see what the Iranian government has to say about this incident before we talk about what could have been.

The next few days are going to be very interesting.

I wonder who made the decision for Bushie to go to the ME, now?

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
As far as the US being the worst extremists on earth I do not see the government of the US testing weapons and chemicals on their own people.

No, they test their weapons on other nation's people, like Iraq.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

erm yes icelandic coast guard vessel open fired as a result of one ramming which actually brought into direct conflict (later on) between HMS Falmouth and the icelandic Týr.

There were calls in the UK for the RAF to bomb the crap out of them in responce.

iceland then threatened to close Keflavík if the UK didn`t back off.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

There's way more going on here than meets the eye, and is "reported" by the corporate controlled MSM.

How do we even know these were actually vessels of the Republican Guard?

Oh yeah, the corporate controlled MSM told us so...
Actually, the report came from the U.S. Navy, not the MSM corporate media.

Lets see what the Iranian government has to say about this incident before we talk about what could have been.
And who are you going to get that information from? Oh yeah, the MSM corporate media. Which report from the MSM are you going to believe?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"we are coming at you, and when we get there you will explode!"

lol whether that's true or not, it's the lamest threat i've ever heard.
even if they really meant it... you'd just have to laugh if you heard that coming down the radio

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by gottago

There is no International Water in the Strait of Hormuz. It's only 35 miles wide and split right down the middle between Iran and the countries on the opposite bank (Oman, UAE, etc). Most of the shipping lanes are actually in Iranian waters.

That doesn't give them the right to harass passing vessels of course. I wonder what they were trying to prove?

The straight of hormuz is indeed an International waterway there are too many countries in to small of an area to claim it as there own as agreed on by all the local nations.. instead of any country claiming the straight as there own they instead agree to six mile wide shipping lanes and are fare game for any country of any nationality to use..unimpeded..

In reply to the first post the the U.S. Navy ships were in international waters so there was no reason for the taunting by the Revolutionary attack vessels if indeed that is what happened as is reported by the MSM..

www.cycfoundation.org...

if you look at the list under examples of international waterways you will see the Straight of Hormuz

[edit on 1/7/2008 by geocom]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

and the Iranians are dealing with christoFacist christian extremists
and jewdofacist extremeist jews

to clearify Facist Christians and jews are those that just want to escilate the war just like islamofacist muslims not normal Christians and jews and muslims

now to my point. Iran have the US army on the doorstep and on their backdoor in two countries Afganistan and Iraq.
now George is off to israel to talk about plans on attacking Iran.

now to be safe to say im not supprised Iran havent kicked up their petrol of the area, against dangrous odds against two countries who woundnt think twice about launching a attack.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tetragrammation

I agree we shouldn't jump on the whole thing as lets attack to be sure but we definitely should not jump on the Muslim extremist bandwagon I have relatives that are Christians that I would consider extremists so I can't buy into that..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

The Iranians are 12 hours ahead of us so it would at most be 36 hour old news
which isn't unusual..so Saturday night for us would have been Sunday for them..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

You left out the plans to put troops into Pakistan soon that would put us on all four sides of Iran so we will have them in the crossfire..

Not that I agree with any of this.

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You really have to be stupid to believe this crock.

If a US Navy ship was actually threatened, verbally, by oncoming ships,
they would not hesitate to fire or capture the vessels.

Unless the US intends to sacrifice more sitting ducks for the sake of war
like they did on 9/11, Pearl Harbor and Gulf of Tonkin.

If that is the case, then every America service man has been betrayed, again, and should turn on their chain of command until they clean out the rats nest.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They did this allot back in the 80s. The U.S. Navy should have sunk them. If Iran tries that again that will probably happen. Iran would get a beating if it wants to challenge the U.S. Navy. More U.S. carriers will be sent to the region I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is good news in this.

At least there was no action taken by the U.S in this situation. The way things are right now, I believe the U.S acted with caution and professionalism. Credit where credit is due, we can ALL breath a sigh of relief and know that these men and women on duty are professional personal who have acted accordingly.

Three thumbs up to the U.S Navy

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In an all out war Iranian Navy would get destroyed, but having 5 FAC:s attacking a sinlge target (FFG or DDG) could pose a fatal threath...
~20 C-802s against the CIWIS= not pretty

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

well, he presumed that those who 'provoked' are muslim extremists, and there's just nothing to suggest that at all, so that's just a generalisation clearly.

and i strongly disagree that people write books just like people report the news. these are vastly different. especially when it comes to politics. there's no argument there. it doesn't take much to see why.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's high time that the Iranians showed that they REALLY mean business and instead of mere sabre-rattling rhetoric, let loose a nice shiny Sunburn across the USN's bows!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Most of these Revolutionary Guard boats are simply gunboats, no SSM's on board.

And SSM's wouldn't be much use at that range anyway.

Had these boats actually opened fire, they would have been sunk in minutes.

I am not too concerned about this... probably some low-ranking Revolutionary Guard commander trying to make a name for himself.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I applaud the lead Officer of that group of U.S. ships for not hastily completing the order to attack, because those stupid Iranians almost popped off World War III with that stupid crap.

All he would've had to do was take the threat seriously and he would've been WELL within the rules of the military to attack, and then you'd have war.

I am SO DAMN GLAD that the Officer kept his finger on the trigger but didnt press it, whoever he is, he should get a freaking medal, no wait, a nobel peace prize. Sheesh.

I love this man. Does that make me gay?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
There are reports all over now. U.S. military officials told CNN the boats were "attack craft" that they believed were operated by Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard.

reuters

If what you just wrote is true, how does that relate to the (trumped up) Gulf of Tonkin incident. Stirring the pot a little, perhaps?

After what happened to the U.S.S. Cole, I'm surprised the U.S. Navy held their fir if an iraninan boat got within 200 yards.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The US Naval commander on the scene was in the process of giving orders to open fire when the hostile vessels turned around, for what it's worth.

Seems like a dry run to me, but of course it could just be a false flag - someone already mentioned the Gulf on Tonkin.

Still, if the Iranians were trying to better understand our response time, or evasive maneuvering capability, this would be the way to do it.

Maybe it was a dry run for torpedoes, or for sea mines. Who knows...

Little white boxes, eh? Kinda strange. Were the boxes retrieved, or did they sink, or what? I haven't seen any more information on them, except in one or two sources.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join